Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forum THE LOUNGE June Chat

Viewing 391 reply threads
  • Author
    • Vienna Blue in France
      Participant
      5319 posts Send Private Message

Can’t find a “June chat” posting yet, so here it is…. “chat chat chat chat chat chat chat…. chitter chitter chat chat chat !”

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts Send Private Message

June already? Wow!

• Hazel
      Participant
      1900 posts Send Private Message

Vienna, I forgot to ask before, what kind of lens do you use with your D5200? My camera is supposed to be here Friday, can’t wait!

• LBJ10
      14030 posts Send Private Message

It’s June! WTH happened to May? And April for that matter!

• Q8bunny
      Participant
      6331 posts Send Private Message

Hey! Where did the year go?

Two more to go, two more to go… *chants her retirement countdown mantra*

• Bam
      14054 posts Send Private Message

May was lovely here. Today is a lovely day, but the dog thinks it’s too hot.

• Azerane
      4405 posts Send Private Message

Getting too cold here Really hard to believe that it’s already June though, this year has really just flown by. I suppose a lot has happened for me though. Looking forward to Friday and the end of the work week tomorrow.

• Bam

It’s so weird, it’s like it’d soon be Christmas in Aussie, only it won’t beacuse you have Christmas in the summer =D

• BellaRabbit
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

The U.K. had a weekend of sun and now the rain has started again , I think our summer is over already ha ha

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Floods in France …

Hazel – mine came with a 18-105 lens. 105 zoom brings you pretty much up to naked eye size…. my friend looking through it once trying to identify a tiny duck at the other end of a lake said…. “whtat! what’s the point in carrying around a huge heavy thing like this if it doesn’t ‘really’ zoom !! LOL
      She’s not a photographer !! LOL

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

Way too hot where I live. It’s just sun, sun, sun all day. I don’t like to turn on central air until I absolutely need it, but I’m thinking I’ll need to turn it on here soon….

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Chomondeley, being the ever-dramatic bunny he is, decides to flop (dramatically, of course) on all the hard and cool surfaces in my house, making me freak out whenever I see him on his side on the kitchen floor. he looks dead to the point of worry for me!! I blended some lettuce and water and froze that into an ice cube, which he tentatively licked. It melted quickly and he was left staring at me in confusion and sadness that his cold treat was gone.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LPT – CONGRATS !!!! 14,000 posts !!! Woooow – that’s some forum contribution !!!!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

*Crooked Beak Update*

Well her wounds are doing good with healing-no infection yet. It’s been eleven days since the incident. She’s been pecking herself (her feathers are growing in, so that’s part of the reason) though, which is causing her more trouble than what she already had. We had to make a hen saddle for her so that she couldn’t get to herself as easily. 

I have pictures for you guys, but our computer is being SOO slow, and isn’t letting me access pictures or documents. I hope it’s not getting a virus.  Hopefully the pictures will show up:

Crooked Beak’s new “clothes”. The roosters are the ones who made some of her feathers fall out on her head (they hold themselves still so they don’t fall off the hen by grabbing the neck feathers in their beak) Luckily we rehomed several of the roosters, and her feathers are growing back. You can’t tell in the picture though.

Her lovely face:

You can really see how her beak is crooked in the next pic 

• LBJ10

Aww, look at her Moxie! LOL, chicken clothes!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

That is one VERY crooked beak. Was she a heavyweight boxer in her previous life? LOL

I have a question re pussy cats’ feet – and really swollen pads.
      I’ve just ‘met’ a lovely friendly skinny ginger tom a few streets away who was limping quite badly. I first thought he maybe had deformed back legs but he let me lift his leg up gently to see underneath his feet and his big centre pad and one little toe pad are waaaay too enflammed…. and the other back pad was the same, poor thing, no wonder he was limping!.

Anyone know what this could be or could be due to? I don’t know if he ‘belongs’ to anyone or if he’s a street cat… but he’s very friendly and is obviously in pain.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Re swollen cat footpads….. Found this thanks to Dr MacPete.

What is feline plasma cell pododermatitis?

Plasma cell pododermatitis (a mouthful, I know) is an inflammatory disease that affects the footpads of cats. The pads become infiltrated by plasma cells, a type of white blood cell. What are plasma cells? They’re immune cells that would normally secrete antibodies in response to an infection.

Who is affected by feline plasma cell pododermatitis?
      Feline plasma cell pododermatitis can affect any age, gender, or breed of cat. Luckily it is an uncommon, dermatological disease.

Symptoms of feline plasma cell pododermatitis
      Pododermatitis can affect any footpad, but most commonly it involves the large or central pad of the front or back feet (called the metacarpal or metatarsal pads). Generally, all four feet are affected, but occasionally a cat will have only one affected foot.

Affected pads are typically:

• Swollen
      • Soft
      • Scaly
      • Ulcerated
      • Quick to bleed.

The pads might then become painful and cause your cat to limp. Cats with feline plasma cell pododermatitis also often lick or chew at their feet.

Cause of feline plasma cell pododermatitis
      The exact cause of feline plasma cell pododermatitis is unknown. Many veterinary dermatologists believe it is immune mediated or an allergic reaction. Some recent reports suggest feline plasma cell pododermatitis may be linked to feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV). However, the exact relationship between FIV and feline plasma cell pododermatitis still remains unknown.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Aww, poor kitty! Is he okay?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Don’t know Cinnybun, I passed him on the street…. I’ll be passing by again tonight (with secateurs…. ) so I’ll keep an eye out for him.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Okay. Well, keep us posted. Poor guy.

• LBJ10

It is thought to be linked to FIV. I’m assuming he’s a boy since he’s a ginger/orange cat (commonly male, but not always). Unneutered males are at highest risk of FIV because they fight (claw and bite) each other.

• Azerane

Went for a really nice hike this morning with my husband, nice and sunny and saw lots of birds, including some brown quail which is were great to see. I also managed to do some foraging for the parrot while we were there, found some nice pine cones and a couple of native seed pods which can be used as foot and foraging toys. I’ve just finished up washing and drying them

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ahhh Azerane, that sounds really nice….!
      Me? I’ve just got up (a shameless 11am!) listening to Graham Norton on Radio2 and chilling in a cold 15°, overcast and storm-threatening northern France….. and it’s Lille Gaypride this arvo always a great atmosphere, happy people and great photographs

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

15 Celsius or Fahrenheit?

• Azerane

Was about 12 Celsius on our walk this morning. Seems cold when you get up, but absolutely perfect temperature for hiking

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

I’ve recently enjoyed walking. I’ve been trying to run, but it’s so hard on the legs before you get into shape.

• Bam

Moxie, Crooked Beak is so cute! More healing-vibes for her!
      We have lovely lovely summer weather here at the moment but they’re saying it’ll get chilly again tomorrow.

• So Fluffy Bunny
      Participant
      120 posts Send Private Message

I have a rough start to the month. Princess, Tanis and Taz-bunny are all healthy and doing good, me on the other hand the doctor keeps finding stuff wrong and new medications it seems every month. All that it seems to want to do here right now is rain, and its just making it very muggy outside.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Sorry that you’re having a rough time SFB. Someone said to me once, medically wise, if you look for stuff then you’ll generally find something…..
      I hope the new médications kick in and they work.

• Niamian
      Participant
      377 posts Send Private Message

Sorry to hear it too, hope you feel better soon SFB!
      It’s some 18C here and sun and rain combined. Running is awesome, I’m making a break this month from it (because of my bad ankle), but I usually run 3km twice a week, at least. Just put some music on and it’s a best break from everything!

In other news, we adopted a puppy. Long story. Little over 1 month old, sleeps on my feet right now. Redford has already sniffed with him and look perfectly fine. Bianca and him are sleeping on a pillow next to us. All finished dinner and sleeping with full bellies. So life is good here right now. ☺

• Moothebun
      Participant
      194 posts Send Private Message

I feel like all the rain comes in june now instead of april

• Bam

SFB so sorry you’re not well. Healing-vibes for you!
      Niamian, how exciting, a puppy! What breed(s) is it? One month is very young.

• Niamian
      Participant

Grey German Shepherd. His brothers and sisters are all perfect but his ears are not “as it should be”, ergo he wasn’t that popular. But we love him nonetheless ☺
      I’m bit worried about his relationship with bunnies but so far it looks good. Redford is more curious and relaxed but Bianca is coming close to him now too. He is sleeping most of the time so they can chin him nice lol.
      Any tip from you guys with dogs and bunnies. I would love to have them all free range together at some point is that posible?
      Bunnies have all the house to themselves by the day so I would hate to have to restrict in any way. I want them all to be friends. ?

• Cottontail
      Participant
      1070 posts Send Private Message

Hello, BB people!
      I know it’s been a while, but it’s been a year since my Pete went to the Bridge and I had to see some happy bunnies and bunny-families, so I decided to check in.

Our munchkins are a year old now, Tilly and Duncan are still happily together, and Zoey is still the momma-cat. We’ve added a non-furry baby to our family as of 5 1/2 weeks ago, and she already loves the bunnies. I’ll post some in the pictures thread. I hope everyone else is doing well!

• Bam

I have a German Shepherd dog. She was 3 when I got my first bun which made it easier, and we’d done lots of obedience training. GSD dogs have lots of will to please and that is a huge advantage. The first 2 months or so Bam was in a cage, but after that he was free roam. There are always places he could run to and hide where the dog absolutely can’t get in, but we’ve never had a single incident for more than 4,5 years now. Effi (dog) quickly understood that the rabbit was a family member and by no means prey. That doesn’t stop her from stealing the buns’ veggies though :/

• Bam

Hi Cottontail!!!! So good to hear from you! Congratulations on your little girl and on being a hoomin-mommy as well as a bunny-mommy!!!

• Cottontail
      Participant

Hi Bam! ^_^ We’re staying really busy with the little one and the fluffle, but we’re doing well! There’s drama as always but we’re making the most of it and trying to enjoy the good stuff. How have you been?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Cottontail: Congratulations! The pic of the rexes with their hooman baby sister is too cute.

Niamian: That’s so exciting! A puppy! And a lovely breed puppy, to boot. Have you named the little rascal yet?
      If the buns are chinning him already, you know the three of them will soon be partners in crime. lol

• So Fluffy Bunny
      Participant
      120 posts Send Private Message

Thank you, guys for the well-wishes, basically my body is just breaking down, i am having to go on medications to keep nerve damage back since it now affecting muscles in my legs and such from the back.

Congrats, Cottontail on your daughter, she is a cutie pie and the two rexes overlooking her on the floor is quite cute.

Niamian, that puppy sounds cute. and if the buns approve then yay all around, we have to keep the buns and dog here separated from each other.

• LBJ10

I know I probably already congratulated you CT, but congrats! You should stop in and see us more often!

OMG, I’m so tired. The event I had been planning for work was today. There were so many people there! I’m exhausted and I owe my husband A LOT for volunteering to help out.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2246 posts Send Private Message

Congrats on the non-fur baby CT

My big exam for this year is now only two days away. I’ve been revising steadily for months, so hopefully am as ready for it as I can be. This will be my first exam to count towards my final degree classification grade. Some ‘stay calm and don’t forget everything’ types of vibes would be welcome!!!

• Bam

Lots and lots of ((((((stay calm and don’t forget everything)))))) vibes, GJ!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

COTTONTAIL!!! Where have you been?! Congrats, I’ve been waiting (Since APRIL!) to hear that everything went well with your baby. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! You must me so happy!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Go GJ – GO GO GO – Keep calm and let ’em have it !!!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oh my golly gosh – I use a normal laptop computer (can’t be doing with fiddly Smartphones) and always use a mouse. I’ve moved to the lounge to watch crummy love boo hoo film and have JUST discovered scrolling down with touch pad! Not the scroll thingy on RHS of touch pad but just touching it on LHS and sliding up and down with right hand finger… magic !!!!

• Cottontail
      Participant

Thank you, everyone. ^_^ I’ll get you some more pictures of the furry ones and little Christine!

I’ve just been so swamped with the baby that I really ever get on FB anymore. I’m trying to correct that though.
      This weekend has been a bit rough for me emotionally.

Velvet got in a fight with TIlly and had to get some liquid stitches and antibiotics for a particularly bad bite on her side. She got so stressed she started into stasis, but she’s doing immensely better now.. and hates having to take her medicine (even if it IS grape flavored!) Vinny has been grooming her and cuddling her and she’s got her appetite back so she’ll be okay, albeit grouchy.

To top off stress, a local bunny friend lost her boy quite suddenly. I was at the vet with her when he went… He was just hanging on to see his momma, poor little guy. It reminded me so much of Pete snuggling me before he left. And now today my father let me know that Whiskers, a cat that we’ve had for going on 18 years, has now passed. He was never supposed to make it past his first 6 months due to the extent of his asthma and allergies (at least according to the vets that saw him) so having him nearly 18 years was a blessing.

They say things come in 3s and we hit all 3 in the weekend. Now we’re all looking for the silver linings and trying to rest and find happy thoughts and focus on the happy things in the world today.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Oh I’m sorry CT.
      Was the person who lost the bun anyone we know? (I know MegaBunny lives near you, and we haven’t heard from her in ages )

• Cottontail
      Participant

Moxie- The bunny’s name was Jack Black; and I’m not sure if anyone here knows him and his momma or not, so I’m not going to leave her name… He was a sweet boy, and only 3 years old, but it was obvious how much he loved his momma.

MB is okay: and so is Gus. She’s been staying pretty busy down here, but so have I lately, so we’ve been talking over text and net more than in person the last few weeks. I’ll let her know that you say hi though!

I’m happy to report that after giving Velvet her evening medicine, and reminding her that if she were to eat her hay she wouldn’t have to have the CC that she sat deliberately in front of me and chewed on the biggest piece of hay she could pull from the rack. She’s a smart one, but sassy!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

GJ: ((((((May the Force be with you!?))))))

• LBJ10

Q8 – Haha! I love it!

Good luck GJ, I know you’ll do just fine!

• Bam

Cottontail, I’m so sorry about Jack Black. And your kitty. 18 years is really amazing – a cat that wasn’t going to see 6 months!
      I’m glad Velvet is eating hay now, sometimes it does help to reason with them! (No, it doesn’t, just joking).
      Peter is a rabbit I very often think about, f ex every time I see a wild rabbit here. He wasn’t supposed to live through baby-hood even, and you gave him a life.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

It’s nice that you and mega bunny are living so close to each other. =]

Getting ready to make some super easy cookies 1 box cake mix (any flavor), 1 cool whip container (like the 8 ounce ones) and 1 egg. Mix it all together, roll the balls in powdered sugar and bake.

• MK
      Participant
      751 posts Send Private Message

Good luck on the cookies Moxie!!!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Mmm… Cookies…

I briefly woke up earlier and my nose was frozen (I keep our flat at a bunny temp not at a mommy temp). So I scooped up the Chewster and buried my nose in his tum fur which was so soft and warm and fell asleep again. Goodhearted little guy let me snooze like that for another hour.

• Cottontail
      Participant

Moxie– those cookies sound delicious…
      I make some with spice cake mix, and a can of pumpkin in place of the whip cream and egg. Easy gooey pumpkin pie cookies!

And thank you, Bam. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one that sees cottontails and think of Pete. I have become addicted to a FB page for “Mister” who is a cottontail out in Texas, and her daughters, and grand-kits; living in a lady’s backyard. They aren’t house-buns like Pete was, but I can recognize some of the mischief and sassiness… and it’s a bit easier to tell them apart without the CL (Carrot Lady) telling who it is first, just because I’m so used to what would change on Pete and what markings would stay the same as he grew and through molts. They make me smile to see wildies getting some love without being contained against their will. <3

Velvet is a trip. She saw me lay out the towel on the floor like I do before I make her into a bunny-burrito for her medicine and after a few minutes, when I didn’t come get her like I have the last 3 or 4 days, she hopped over onto the towel–in position–and waited to be burritoed. She didn’t fight getting bundled, but once I got the medicine she went back into her routine of wiggling and trying to shrink back into the towel. Once it was over with and we both smelled like grapes, I unfolded the towel and she happily sat in my lap for a couple minutes before she did her normal retreat and foot-flicking off to the other end of the room. She and Vinny make me laugh sometimes. Even though she doesn’t like the medicine, she knows the routine already and seemed “inconvenienced” that I was taking too long to get started. She is eating more hay today, and the poops are getting more and bigger, so per our “agreement” she had to put up with less CC today. I did leave them some in the bowl though.

• Cottontail
      Participant

Q8 – I feel you with the thermostat. I would love to keep it around 80 in my home, but the bunnies, the baby, and my husband would kill me! lol They’re all happy about 70… Tilly is even happier when it gets to the mid-to-low 60s, but the other buns are spoiled and get grumpy when it’s too chilly.

• BouncingBunnies
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone,
      I just joined a few days ago I’m really happy to talk with bunny lovers all over the world!!
      -BouncingBunnies

• LBJ10

Mmm, cookies is right!

Hi BouncingBunnies! *waves*

CT – I think cottontails remind us all of little Pete.

Okay, so our 10th anniversary is a little under 2 weeks away. I thought it would be so wonderful to sort of recreate the night my husband proposed. I wanted to spend the night in a hotel right down the street from where he popped the question (this is in another city), so I checked the prices online. I tried ALL of the usual hotel websites (to get the best deal). For that night, everyone says it is $430!!!! O_O Keep in mind this is an Embassy Suites. I have NEVER paid that much for a room at the Embassy Suites. Ridiculous!

• AndHenry
      Participant
      4531 posts Send Private Message

Just putting it OUT there, he he he….. I am CT’s baby Christine’s Aunty! I claimed her as MINE! Lol! Serious… if it’s NEW and cute and I love you, I will claim it as MINE! And baby Christine is genuinely beautiful! And she is ALL mine! Giggle! If I could ‘chin’ her, I would! 

I know you know LBJ about my Sam, and I’m sorry for not getting back to you – but I have your address safely tucked away, thank you! Jersey (Kate) I hope you read this…. I lost my Sam in the early afternoon that I was talking to you. I just need you to know why I haven’t got back to you and I promise I will. I’ve done a lot of reading in my time of grief, but haven’t been up to ‘talking’ (replying)…. her loss devastated (ruined) me! 

I am getting better as the days go by, but I like our chats to be happy and fun and I’m NOT feeling the funnest even though I’m trying hard to fake it. Who knew faking fun would be so hard??? 

• LBJ10

Andi – No worries! I know how heartbroken you are over Sam. And you know I’m here if you ever want/need to talk.

• Bam

Andi, I’m so sorry about Sam. I just saw on FB. She was so old, she had such a good, long, beautiful life with you, that IS a happy thing. It doesn’t feel happy in the midst of it all when all you feel is loss, but years from now, it will. Because that’s the kind of life a pet and a pet-mummy should get to have together.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Andi – so sorry – yes faking is so hard, and it will hurt less and get better but that moment seems so far away – but it WILL come.

Whilst you’re waiting (!!) I hear your request for fun, so I thought I’d dedicate this birthday card (I got a few weeks back) to your Sam to make you and anyone reading this laugh out loud…. Enjoy ! Just check out the look on his face !!!!  LOL

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Oh Andi I am so sorry to hear about Sam. I know how much you loved her. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

• LBJ10

Soooooo……. I found out why the room rates are so high. Apparently, my very special 10th anniversary just happens to be the same weekend as the Olympic swim trials. o_O

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna! You made me snort my latte!! lol

• Stickerbunny
      Participant
      4128 posts Send Private Message

Andi sorry about Sam

Gosh my last two days have been nuts. Rained a ton due to the tropical storm, so we had tons of frogs come in. Like 100 tree frogs in the doggy door. I couldn’t even use the stove there were so many and I was barely moving walking through the house to not step on them.

They all left during the day but what happens tonight ? More frogs! And a possum! A huge possum. He was as big as a large house cat. I walked out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth to find him asleep under the kitchen table. And he ran into my mom’s bedroom, with her great dane. She snatched him up before we could stop her and he played dead, so we got her to drop him. Then I had to lock her up in the bathroom and shoo the possum out the door.

• LBJ10

Bwhahahaha! I love opossums!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

They are adorable and I didn’t want him hurt, but not what I wanted to see at midnight coming back from the bathroom! They get mean when scared and he was having trouble getting outside. Just glad the dog was being gentle with him.

• Bam

An opossum! How wonderfully exotic! I’d have been scared. What a swewet dog!
      I found a tick on Yohio this morning. It made me so ANGRY. Poor dear sweet darling, he was so patient while I searched through his fur, it took a long time to find the tick, at first I thought it was an abscess or other type of lump.

Disgusting, disgusting animals.

• AndHenry
      Participant

HUGE thank you to everyone (you ALL know who you are – we are old mates now…) who knew my Sam and offered your kindness along with a member who didn’t get a chance to know my girl but still offered her sorrow in my time of grief – how lovely of you, thank you. 

I really am doing that bit better as each day passes – keeping distracted and busy helps. 

Henry is missing her terribly, but I think he is moving on and is trying to claim George as his new girlfriend??? Frank is the one who tolerates him, but it’s like he’s not a challenge? He’s going George! Lol! Silly (STUPID) bunny! Good grief! 

And I have been distracted – having the ensuite bathroom renovated for my future American guest AND anyone else I can entice to come over… LBJ?? Lol! But NEVER ever again!!! Didn’t dick me say ‘never again’ after the kitchen reno? I know I have dumb moments, but gosh I really must be stupid – the mess!!! I can’t stand the mess! What was I thinking? And hiding Henry – GASP! He gets BIG time cranky when I have to shut him out of his (MY!) room. I wonder if he will ever talk to me again? 

But seriously, the timing couldn’t have been worse – we lost Sam the day the reno started. Having stranger’s (even though they are ALL super kind and nice) in your home while your falling apart and poorHenry got kicked out of his room and lost Sam that same day… I think it was all too much for us all. Especially Henry. 

All’s I wanted to do was snuggle up in bed and cry for days – I couldn’t. The ensuite bathroom is off our bedroom – DOH! The timing was just off. But we will recover – Henry will spend his time claiming George and my heart will heal. It will be scarred, but we’ll be ok.

• Bam

Hi darling Andi! I didn’t even think about Henry’s grief, but of course, she was his girlfriend. I hope George will accept his invites.
      Poor Henry, being shut out of his room and his cane bed and his secret hiding-place for his cans of coke =) I do think he will forgive you though. How could he not, you’re the best =)

• AndHenry
      Participant

Oh gosh bam… I hope your one of the few will accept my offer to visit Australia – I would love to have you visit and stay with us. 

And Henry (how I came up with our BB username, giggle!) misses her terribly. Why I think he’s loving George – George is her daughter. But I really think he needs his room back as much as I do. It is destroying me not having my room available at all times. I have MY tv set up along with my recorder for my fav shows. Serious! Blair claimed the lounge room and I tend to watch tv in my room when I go to bed – all good! It works for us. TILL I GET SHUT OUT OF MY ROOM! Lol….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Just clued in, since I don’t have FB and also since I’ve come down with a bad case of birdbrain this week. I’m really sorry about Sam, Andi. I’m another hooman who didn’t know her, but my heart aches for you and Henry-boo nonetheless.

• Azerane

I just clued in too… I’m so very sorry for your loss. I never know what to say beyond that. Thinking of you.

So frustrated with my husband lately, he’s not doing his share of housework. I know that’s probably an age-old problem. But it’s tough when I’m working almost full time and he’s home all day doing nothing to help. He shares the cooking, but that’s it. It gets pretty tiring sometimes and I don’t want to resent him for not helping, but I’m literally out of ways to ask for help. Rant over, sorry for venting.

So glad we have a long weekend this weekend, it’s been such a tiring week and I just want to sleep

• AndHenry
      Participant

Oh NO! I don’t expect or want sympathy – oh gosh NO! It was very kind that my long time BB friends offered their support during my time of grief, and I will admit, I expected no less of them. I knew they would have my back – that’s the friendship we have created over the last few years. For anyone I haven’t met yet, I expected nothing – how do you feel a persons distress when you don’t know them? So please do NOT feel you have to offer anything to me. It’s all ok. But thank you for your kind words. 

BUT for everyone I DO know – thank YOU! Your kindness meant the world to me. I adore our friendship! More than any of you will ever know. It’s been 3 years – WOW! Lol…

• jerseygirl
      22046 posts Send Private Message

Posted By AndHenry on 6/07/2016 12:16 AM
      Just putting it OUT there, he he he….. I am CT’s baby Christine’s Aunty! I claimed her as MINE! Lol! Serious… if it’s NEW and cute and I love you, I will claim it as MINE! And baby Christine is genuinely beautiful! And she is ALL mine! Giggle! If I could ‘chin’ her, I would!

I know you know LBJ about my Sam, and I’m sorry for not getting back to you – but I have your address safely tucked away, thank you! Jersey (Kate) I hope you read this…. I lost my Sam in the early afternoon that I was talking to you. I just need you to know why I haven’t got back to you and I promise I will. I’ve done a lot of reading in my time of grief, but haven’t been up to ‘talking’ (replying)…. her loss devastated (ruined) me!
      I am getting better as the days go by, but I like our chats to be happy and fun and I’m NOT feeling the funnest even though I’m trying hard to fake it. Who knew faking fun would be so hard???

Oh Andi, I’m so sorry. : ( So much going on then having to say goodbye to one of your furbabies in the middle of it all. Sending (((hugs)))! Run free Sam!
      I don’t normally read the Chat but saw you were posting a bit, so I checked in. Its so hard adjusting to them not being there isn’t it? My sister, BIL and kids had to have their 16yr old kelpie/border collie cross pts in the weekend. I was very attached to him also and missing him, though we all knew his time was close. His body was failing him but his enthusiasm for walks was still there. So if Sam sees a friendly fellow just arrived, that’s Jack! xx

• jerseygirl

@Azerane, sorry your facing that. It’s no small thing and can become a big issue. So I take it you’ve plainly told him how you’re feeling?
      Maybe you could “go on strike” like I’ve read about some mothers doing. They just stopped doing everything for everyone for a week.
      Only problem with that is you’d have to live in the chaos also!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Andi: I realize you didn’t, but even if we don’t know each other, I feel for anyone who loses a loved furball. Because I love my little one and can empathize. So I meant what I said. Truly.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

=> Q8 – “snorting latte” !! LOL – That’s a new one on me and actually, I don’t believe its illegal in any country !!

=> Azerane – oh yes, Jersey is sooo right – it musn’t become a big thing – you HAVE to talk to him (without it seeming nagging) and try to make him understand that it’s not just the ‘doing it’ that’s important, it’s the making YOU feel bad that he needs to address.
      But then I’ve got a friend with 3 kids under 4 (twins) and hubby has a lie-in on one day of the weekend (he’s a stay at home dad in the week) – now what do you lot call a lie-in when you’ve got two one year olds? Hm? I reckon 9am would be a nice lie-in… 10 at a stretch? Nah, he got up at 1pm when I was visiting !!!!
      I think my friend has gone down the ‘given up’ road on asking him….. HOW frustrating !!! He is just oblivious to the chaos around him.

=> Andi – oh yesssss, I will def be in touch when i’m Down Under. I left my best friend in Sydney when I left there 18 years ago (! OMG !!!) and I haven’t been back – oh the shame. And I’ve said that if I ever had one regret – should I find myself over the rainbow bridge with all our lovely furbabies (not that its planned I hasten to add!!) – it would be that I hadn’t been to visit her. So it WILL be planned in the next years to come.

• Azerane

Thanks guys. @Jerserygirl, if I don’t don’t do dishes for a week or two weeks, they just sit there. He’ll wash something if he needs it for cooking, but it’s like he doesn’t notice the mess of it just doesn’t bother him enough to motivate him. We have discussed it a few times before, both in the good adult way and the more childish yelling way, sometimes he gets defensive and other times he tells me he’ll do better (which I know he really does mean to), and then he just doesn’t. It’s not malicious, he just doesn’t seem to get it or doesn’t realise how much time passes, like you say Vienna Blue in France, he’s just oblivious.

• Bam

Could he be depressed, Azerane? Depressed people often don’t care about dishes etc.

• Fiona
      Participant
      75 posts Send Private Message

Azerane, my roommate last year was like that… Except being a roommate and not a husband, it drove me completely insane and I am glad to have moved out now. If he was never like that before, depression is possible? Maybe something happening in the work place?

Though for my past roommate, she literally just does not seem to CARE about dirty dishes or dirty anything. LOL. Her extreme tolerance of disgusting was pretty amazing, which is why she doesn’t bother doing the dishes or washing her clothes or anything, ever. I had to close the door to her room whenever I was home, because her room literally reeked of “oils” and sweat if you walk by the opening of her door, like the smell of not washing your laundry for half a year…. 

Urr…

• Fiona
      Participant

I came to check the forum again, because Moony bit my mom yesterday when she reached in to change his water. Vicious little booger, this guy. I guess neutering didn’t exact help (or maybe it would have been far worse), and this is just his personality. O_O

He hates being picked up or coming out of his pen. (If you succeed in picking him up though, he will resort to his fate and be held for as long as needed… strangely….) But he is totally fine when I hand feed or pet him inside his pen. His pen has a door on the side, so I just sit there and pet/feed him, and he stays inside- doesn’t want to come outside anyway, basically. I tell everyone not to hold your hand in front of his face, because he might bite. He doesn’t seem scared or anything…. In fact, I’d say he’s pretty confident and stable, when it comes to stuff happening around him, or even loud noises. Just eating all the time and chilling in his cage alone, doesn’t seem to even care for having friends. LOL. And when I do succeed in bringing him out on the couch or something, and offer him some food, he just sits there looking pissed and miserable.

Any advice on if there is a way to change this, or make him more sociable and less bitey/antisocial? Or is this just a personality we are stuck with? Do rabbits need socialization and going outside, like dogs?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Fiona: I know I shouldn’t laugh because it really isn’t funny, but when you said “he just sits there looking pissed and miserable” I couldn’t help it. Moony’s just so stinkin’ cute and he pulled such a Jekyll & Hyde on you guys… he may be going through an early teenage angst phase or he may actually be a true curmudgeon. Also, I was thinking that he was used to other buns and maybe just never really learned how to properly socialize with hoomans. Has he met other buns? Maybe he needs a friend to communicate with properly and to have a reason to get out of the house, so to speak.

• LBJ10

Azerane – Sadly, I feel your pain.

Oh goodness Fiona, it sounds like Moony is not a happy camper. LOL So he won’t come out if you leave his cage door open?

Andi – You know I would love to come see you!

Okay. So. Does anyone own a Prius? Or know someone who does?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Sorry, LBJ. Here in Kuwait we only drive gas guzzlers.

I used to own a VW Beetle. I lovingly restored her during our 50+C summers and then when she was pretty much perfect… an unlicensed taxi driver made a high-speed illegal turn, woefully underestimating the accelaration abilities of his clunker, and totalled her.
      Needless to say, he was deported back to Egypt. Ho hum…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Anyone seen guineapig724 or booplesnoot around lately? I keep wondering how Kiwi and family and Sir Boople are doing.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Re dishes – yes if there’s a sudden change in ‘caring’, then depression could be it – but sometimes people just don’t “see” what other people see. Or understand the effect it has on their Partner.

I’ll take it the other way – I’ve got a couple of girlfriends who have been together a year or so now (and now live together). Number 1 is mega mega neurotically clean. The other (my friend) not so. (My friend doesn’t live like a pig, she just doesn’t see the ONE cat hair which is on the floor, which n° 2 does).

They too have had to have a ‘talk’ which meant explaining to the mega mega cleany half that her being so anal-y clean is causing pressure on their partnership because she always had something to say or a “tut” or a “sigh” to let out when something was left out of place for more than 10 mins…..

So BIG efforts have had to be made on both sides – my friend to be as tidy and clean as she can (doesn’t come naturally) without feeling contant pressure and the other to ‘let things go a bit’ (as her standards go) to somehow meet in the middle a bit.

I’m not saying my friend, or her n° 2 or Azerane or her hubby or Fiona’s roomate are right or wrong. It’s just that each partnership has to find THEIR happy medium and happy equilibrium in order to keep a happy home. Me I’m a chameleon. When I live alone I only do the washing up when I can’t find a clean teaspoon or when i have guests. But when I have a housemate I want things to be as I would expect to find them and wash up EACH time…

My Mum still complains about Dad’s office mess after 52 years of an otherwise happy mariage !! LOL

What I’m saying is we all have our standards and it ranges from one end of the ridiculous scale (my vv clean friend n°1) to the other end which is living in a rubbish tip and not seeing anything wrong. The secret is working out a solution that both parties can agree on.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Fiona – don’t forget to approach your hand slowly to the side of a rabbit’s head as they have no vision directly in front and may attack because he can’t see what is there. Also this is even more important in the cage as it is ‘their’ territory and bun may feel trapped as it is an enclosed space without an escape exit.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

*sigh* So I decided to perm my hair yesterday… just a body wave to give my strangely wavy hair a bit more definition. Aaand it fried. Despite my hair being totally natural (I don’t even own a blowdryer), and using 1-inch rods, and the weakest solution the salon had, and the minimum time recommended by the manufacturer. I currently look like an electrocuted poodle: frizzy with a nice crispy crunch to it. *sad panda*

I don’t see how it could be fixed without further frying, so I’m going back in tomorrow to get it all cut off close to the scalp. It’s not a huge deal because my hair grows super fast, but it’s annoying because I’m travelling tomorrow night and instead of spending my last few hours with Chewie, I’ll be at the salon.

• jerseygirl

Bam, that was my thought about VB’s friends husband.

Q8, doesn’t just washing after a perm calm it down or completely undo? Like normally, you’re not supposed to wash it for several days to keep the perm?? Could you try that?

Have you ever done the “no poo” method? As in washing with baking soda solution, then vinegar solution then rinse. It’s meant to be really good for those with lots of natural body or curly hair that what it less so.
      My hair is fine & short but I do this on occasion. It’s surprising that it can replace shampoo and conditioner.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

If you saw my friend’s hubby you would know straight away that he wasn’t the energetic sort – in slow motion almost. He just looks the kind of guy that you feel like shaking by the arms and slapping aound his chops and saying WAKE UP ! An overweight, computer nerdy plodder. Always has been. It’s not been just since the kids… Though NOW would be the time to kick start the action. Having said that he’s great with the kids… so hey… can’t have it all.

Jersey – had to really think for a while there with your “no poo” method…
      Q8 – quick Google stuff..!! There will be an answer out there without you having the Sinead O’connor look….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Jersey: That’s the first thing I tried, but sadly the hair is fried to a crisp. It breaks if I even touch it.
      I already don’t use regular shampoo because my scalp hates detergents. I use organic pet shampoo (it’s soap-free) and alternate with a cleansing conditioner.

Vienna: I’m going more for an Audrey Tautou look. Don’t wanna scare my poor mom.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Well, on not doing the dishes for two weeks… me and my mom both HATE doing chores, we despise it. But, we take turns. However, when we’re both just not feeling doing the chores (which, happens quite a bit haha) we have paper plates and stuff around so we can just use it, toss it and not have to worry about a sink full of dishes that day. Cause, otherwise, we end up with a sink full and neither of us feels like doing it and they sit there and with the heat in summer, it’s a bug magnet.

There also might be some chores your husband just really can’t stand? Like, I really can’t stand the deep cleaning parts of cleaning. Sweeping, mopping, whatever OK. Scrubbing the counters? Ugh. I just don’t want to. So you could try to figure out what he hates the most and what you hate the most and try to split it up to where neither of you has to do the thing you hate the most all the time? Might motivate him more. Another thing is maybe try to arrange to do chores together some of the time, I find it’s a lot easier to clean when someone else is doing chores at that time as well, I am less likely to go “meh, I’ll do it later..” 

Could also make a board with a chart of what he should do, what you should do, so he has a list in front of him of what he should do to make the house work fair.  

Q8 – Ow, sounds like you have sensitive hair. The hair dressers at my salon won’t put any chemicals on my hair cause they told me that my hair type would fry from them, since it’s so dry naturally. Sorry you didn’t get the same warning! You could try a deep conditioning and see if that helps at all (soak it in conditioner, wrap in plastic, leave over night), but, yeah cutting and starting over is probably the quickest way of repairing.

Jersey – I have naturally curly hair and yeah, I can’t use shampoo much. I mostly do conditioner rinses (sulfate free organic cruelty free oil based conditioners, cause my hair has to have the expensive stuff haha). My hair doesn’t produce much oil, so shampoos just strip what little I do have and make it super dry.

• LBJ10

OMG! LOL Vienna! I had to stop and think for a sec as well.

Oh Q8, I’m sorry. Will the salon give you your money back?

So the reason I’m asking about the car is because my husband wants me to get a new one. I mean I need one, but it wasnt ready to buy something yet. And here we were, looking at cars. I’ve driven several Priuses now and I like them. However, we found out that the clearance is ridiculous. I would have to avoid one of the driveways at work because the bumper would most definitely scrape.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LBJ: Yeah, they will since I frequent them exclusively since moving here. Meh… such is life. At least with a pixie cut again Chewie will have an easier time grooming my head while I’m napping on the couch.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

how ridiculous…. can you get bigger tyres to raise you up a bit….???? LOL
      My only experience is I only nearly got run over by one on a carpark about 10 yrs ago because its engine was SOOOO quiet and we weren’t used to elec engines then…. lol…

• LBJ10

Vienna – it’s one of the most common complaints. People actually damage the bumper (not the plastic thing underneath) simply by pulling up too close to the curb when parking. I guess the car was designed that way to cut down on wind resistence. The tires are regular, 15 inch size.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Sounds jolly silly to me….

• LBJ10

LOL

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Orrrrr, maybe the kerbs are lower in Toyota-land…….?!!! Maybe Japan doesn’t have kerbs !!!!!!!

• LBJ10

That’s possible Vienna! Yeah, I dunno. I like the car, but I’m worried about scraping the bumper all the time.

• Fiona
      Participant

Q8bunny, LOL I think it’s funny too, in a miserable kind of way. He really is pulling a Jekyll and Hyde so far. Remember when he used to binky everywhere in my room and lick my feet? Rhetorical question… that seems like something crazy now LOL.It was also before his neuter, before his biting fest. 

I assume he’s met other buns at the breeder’s place. She had them in hutches and they got taken out fairly often. He apparently went around with a photoshoot team with his brother too, when he was under 4 months old, and seemed totally chill and sweet? I gotta just stick with him though and work through it, not planning on any other buns. :B I have a ton of pets!

LBJ, if I’m sitting there in front of the door, he will sometimes come out to check if I have food- or else, he just hops back in. I haven’t actually let him just come out of his cage to explore on his own recently (I pick him up to take him out to a fenced place), because he hates being picked up and therefore has to be chased in order to get him back into his pen again. o_O Which I’m sure is an upsetting experience for him.

Vienna, yeah I’ll let me mom know! In general I just avoid any skin directing in front of his face at all, no matter what. I can’t predict when he will just go in for a chomp LOL.

It kind of went like:

Sweet binky licky bunny -> biting fest -> neuter -> average bunny who doesnt like being picked up -> biting fest/miserable lump

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Andi, I’d love to visit one day. Maybe if/when I get married, me and my hubby will have our honey moon in Aussie and come visit. That seems like it’d be a long ways off though.

I did have an idea the other day about how it’d be fun to write letters/send postcards or “tourist attraction” stuff to BB friends. (Although shipping prices can be astronomical)

• AndHenry
      Participant

YOU will always have a room here (with an ensuite – that bloody ensuite! Ha ha…) Moxie for when you can visit. I’m happy to wait till you are married and then I can suss your man out, LOL! 

If your comfortable to send me your address (in a PM obviously – maybe just check with your mum first) Moxie, I’d be more than happy to send you a postcard from Aussie Zoo when we go in September. 

If it helps, I have already sent a few parcels (including ‘Vegemite’! HA HA!) over to America for some of our friends (and YES!!! The postage is ridiculous!!! GASP!) and I actually just received a card today from BM14. And I’m sure LBJ and bam can verify that I’m no weirdo… NOPE! They think I am weird… but I’m good weird, ha ha! Oh, and I think RP, LPT, Jersey, LEL – actually all the FL’s can confirm I’m a good chick. But please check with your mum first. If she gives the go ahead I’d be thrilled to send you a postcard Moxie. 

OH! I was going to write this in the other thread, but probably best I ask here…. I would a picture of ‘our’ Henrietta – please! Always know Moxie I think of her all the time.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I used to be a part of this website called “post crossing” where you get post cards from all over the world and send them. I had quite the collection. I wanna do it again so we are probably setting up a po box soon anyway so it’s a little safer.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ll post a pic of Henrietta tomorrow(or today? Technically today since it’s after midnight ha ha). Her breed is very skittish though, so it’s hard to get a decent photo!

Well, night everybody!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I just handed Chewie over to the Pet Land driver. These’ll be the longest three weeks of my life. I already miss his soft little booplesnoot breathing warm air in my ear in the mornings.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

(((Q8))) Hoppy hols, Chewie xxx

• AndHenry
      Participant

To keep it easy Moxie…. I’ll send you a postcard with LBJ’s and maybe she can pass it on to you – I’d hate for you to have to do a PO Box over a postcard. It is VERY expensive here to do a PO box – do NOT do it for a postcard from Oz – from ME! 

OR I can save it till you visit… even better!

• Bam

You are the best non-weirdo weirdo Andi! I’d so love to come visit, you and your family seem so great and Aussie seems like such an awesome country. (Albeit full of black widows behind fridges and bunnies that eat cane beds). I need to play the lottery. I think I’ll copy Vienna’s method for choosing lottery numbers, can’t go wrong with bunny poop!

• Azerane

Thanks for everyone’s support and responses to my previous comments, I swear I wrote an additional reply yesterday but it’s not here, so seems I wrote it but forgot to hit “Submit” Nevermind.

Feeling quite concerned about Dory today, first of all, she’s a weirdo that would prefer to eat dried food off the bars of the cage than what’s left in her food bowl. Secondly, she seems to have some discharge from her nostrils. Of course it’s a weekend, and of course a long weekend at that. So the local bird vet I looked up some time ago won’t actually be open until Tuesday. She seems well otherwise, good appetite, bright and chatty, good poops, it’s just that discharge. It doesn’t surprise me a great deal that she’s sick given that she was lost for who knows how long, but I expected to see illness a little sooner if there was going to be any. Hoping a consult for a bird doesn’t set me back too much. I had intended to get her checked out anyway, but I was going to hold off until probably the end of June in case the owner still turned up. I also have no idea how we’re going to get her into a travel carrier, lol. I can imagine that will be amusing.

• Bam

Andi, in case you see this: I’ve been trying to reply to your PM a million times now with both Chrome and Internet Explorer and my Iphone, and it just won’t send. Thank you for the heads up, the problem has been dealt with!!!

• AndHenry
      Participant

I just saw that bam – ta! 

I hope everyone can help ‘anta’ out….

• Hazel
      Participant

Azerane: Poor Dory, I hope it’s nothing serious. Just pretend she’s not supposed to get anywhere near the carrier, she’ll probably be in there in no time. At least it seems to work with bunnies, they love to do what they’re not supposed to!

AndHenry: If we all come to visit, will there be cake?

• AndHenry
      Participant

OMG Hazel – I just cracked up BIG time and almost fell off my chair, ha ha ha…. in the blow up boat while Blair pulls us around, LOL! Oh gosh, didn’t we have some fun on here. How is my Bubble’s and that bloody cat (LOL!) and MY Oscar? 

I soooooo needed that laugh – thank YOU Hazel!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Oh and don’t forget, everyone will need to pack “Thongs”! Ha ha, we have had a lot of good times on here! We need to do a BB reunion/convention thing!

• AndHenry
      Participant

And I am NOT being light about this since a few people have lost their lives recently due to shark attacks and a lovely lady lost her life to a croc up North…. BUT I promise where we live has been incident free – I have never seen anything more ferocious than a Kangaroo or a Koala that we have never approached – we happily adore them from a distance. We let the Kangaroo’s approach us… while eating my NEW grass – $*&!! But how do you shoo a Kangaroo off your yard? NOT me! I loved it and would happily let them eat my turf down to the dirt. 

I still remember picking my daughter up late from work cause I was so joyed to have the Kangaroo’s eating just a metre away from me. She still tells people how awful I was abandoning her cause I was hanging out with the Kangaroo’s, ha ha ha! 

Oh well….. ha ha!

• AndHenry
      Participant

Oh yes…. LOL! And that damn SNAKE!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

AndHenry: Aw shucks… And I was so excited to get a postcard from the land down under to the land in the middle. Oh… wait… Kuwait has no postal system. Ho hum

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Is it just me, because I can’t see any of Andi’s posts. They are all blank (including other threads’ posts) like she erased them…

• Bam

Moxie, maybe she erased them, I’ll ask her.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bam– Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, but I wasn’t sure if it was a glitch on my part or not. Can you see them?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

And here I was thinking it’s my wifi…

Ok. Brief rant. The one time – the ONE time I leave for the airport not at the last possible moment, there is a freaky lack of traffic, the airport itself is an eerie ghost town, and now I’ve got to sit for two hours until boarding starts with no refreshments (because the little food court in my terminal is under construction).

On the bright side, I got to waltz through the diplomatic passport control line (it was FAST) and my seats got changed to exit row for free – my wonky knee is crying tears of joy.

Now… who’s gonna entertain me?

• Azerane

Foraged some more pine cones on our walk this morning. Have them already washed, just drying them in the oven now Great for Dory, and any future rabbits

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Q8— It always seems to happen that way!

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Going to be going to Orlando on Wednesday. It was supposed to be a fun and exciting trip, but now it’s going to be a bit sad as well.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Anyone watching the footy EuroCup? Which team are you rooting for? I’m an Italy (AS Roma) girl through and through.

• Azerane

If you guys don’t hear from me later tonight, I’ve been murdered by our parrot She’s presenting some cold symptoms so we’re taking her to the vet, if we can get her into the carrier, a task that I am in no way looking forward to. Wish us luck, lol.

• Bam

Stickerbunny, Orlando is in our hearts.

Q8, I’m watching it a little bit, I have family that loves football (soccer).

Azerane, I hope your parrot hasn’t murdered you.

I’ve just signed up to go horse-back riding Saturday. So excited!

• Azerane

Thanks We survived unscathed. The vet was really good, you can tell he had a lot of experience handling parrots and seemed to really know his stuff (which I hoped given that I looked up a good bird vet). We got prescribed antibiotics to help clear up nasal discharge and sneezing. We’re supposed to give them once daily for 12 days, we’re going to try hiding it in food before trying the restraint and force feed option. If she’s still showing signs of discharge after 12 days we have to drop in for more. Her weight is 404g which he said was really good, and we got him to clip her nails a bit while we were there. So it all went pretty well although it took 2 hours and 15 minutes all up so now I’m really exhausted. I wore gloves and a blanket to catch her which actually worked surprisingly well (though probably won’t ever again).
      $65 for the consult and about $45 for the antibiotics.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Stickerbunny – I think that “a bit sad” is an understatement I think you will feel the complete and utter emptiness and sorrow (and also defiance) caused by this (these) sick sick murderers. For the general atmosphere : think 9-11, think after Lady Di was killed, think Paris after terror attacks – not a week has passed. I hope it doesn’t ruin your stay too much. If it’s Disney you’re going to, maybe there is a fairy bubble protecting it and it will be OK.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

We have a tiny, sickly and emaciated cat hanging around our house and getting into the garbage. I don’t know how to catch it without a trap, but it really needs to see a vet. If I catch it, I’ll bring it to our awesome no kill shelter. It clearly doesn’t have a home, and if it does, they can’t care for her.

• LBJ10

So we’re seriously considering the car. We are having them hold it while we take it to have it looked at (second opinion).

Stickerbunny – it’s very sad. Hopefully you will still have an enjoyable trip.

Azerane – haha! She’s going to be avoiding you like the plague now! I have to take Wooly for his nails. He’s gonna hate me for days. And that’s just his nails, you don’t want to know what happens when we have to do other stuff. LOL

Moxie – does your local animal control or health dept loan animal traps. Mine does. It’s free, you just give them a refundable deposit.

• LBJ10

I’m at work JG!!!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ— I’ll have to look the local animal controls up. I know they *used* to, but I’m not sure if they do any more. If we put any trash out, it gets torn to shreds by the hungry cat. I feel so bad for her. Maybe I’ll leave a bowl of food out for her, if it prevents her from getting into the garbage, and maybe I can gain her trust. I am pretty sure it’s a female, don’t calico cats usually end up being a female? Plus she’s super tiny. I would guess around 5 pounds. Cleo is 6 pounds, and this cat looks even skinnier. I am pretty sure it’s completely grown too I’ll keep you all updated on the progress.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Somebody is selling some baby trees and flower bushes and flowers and plants and herbs on the side of the road…Could somebody please tell me I can’t spend ALL my money on plants, trees and flowers?

EDIT— I’ve decided on buying a Japanese Red Maple tree and a Lilac bush (they can get huge! Who knew?). I would buy more if they weren’t so pricy.

*Sigh* I have no self control.

• LBJ10

Careful with Japanese maples. They are very fragile and need to be in a sheltered area. I often see them in courtyards so they aren’t shipped around by the wind.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Moxie – LOL – lovely choices – can you get get offcuts from your bought ones and grow them yourself ?

Can you think of the three ways I’ve heard the word “LILAC” pronounced in England’s English (are there different ways to pronounce it in american English?)

I’ll let you try for a bit to say them out loud to yourselves before I try and phonectically spell them….. lol

3 different pronounciations? Go !

• LBJ10

I just know lie-lack and lie-lock.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ– They are still much too small for that, it would probably kill them.

Vienna, well, Lilac is pronounced LIE-LACK, here… But I’ll make a couple guesses.

LILL(like in lilly)- ACK, LEE-LACK… I give up.

• Bam

Loy-lock? Lah-lack? Loy-lack?

I love buying new plants. This year I’ve a new magnolia “Susan” and a clematis “multiblue” but actually not much else, now that I think of it. Have lots of seedlings in the tiny little green-house though.

Azerane, so glad you got through the ordeal of catching your bird. It sounds like she has a lot of birditude.

As for EM-soccer: Soon Iceland-Belgium starts, go Iceland!!!

ETA: It wasn’t Belgium. It was Portugal 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

ROFL !! All the prononciations and the head stratching that must be going on !!!
      I’ve forgotten what they are now !!!! LOL

@Bam – I think you’re picking up some country accents there !!!

Also Clematis 2 was of saying – that like the song – “… you say to-MAR-to, and I say to-MAY-to !

So “Lilac” emphasis with capital letters – though I like the other options too….
      LIE-Look tree (of course)
      LEE-lac
      Lillock (rhyming with Pillock ! lolol !)

Go Belgium !!

• Azerane

Thanks everyone, after taking her to the vet yesterday, I’m a little wary of removing her food bowl from her cage this morning, I doubt she’s in a good mood, lol.

Really don’t want to go to work today, I’m so exhausted this week and it’s only been one day, haha.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane oh Azerane – I saw something in Berlin and thought of YOU !! I bought it – don’t get excited it’s just a postcard!!! LOL
      I have to take a piccie of it and post in pics…
      Now where did I put it… safely… lol

• AaronJ
      Participant
      84 posts Send Private Message

Hey all, haven’t been on in a horrendously long while and things are starting to wind down (finally) on my end so i’d figure i’d check in.
      we lost Hera back in April sadly
      but, things haven’t been all sad and bad. Me and wifey have been doing fine. I’ve got my release from the army (almost) finally straightened away, and have just finished welding school. Rocket is doing okay, in fact we’ve just got home from a claw trim and he was VERY well behaved.
      And we’ve also added to our family, we’ve taken in a brown Lop we’ve named Mylo who is just about to neuter age (Thankfully, SO much worse behaved than Rocket was at that age. I guess we lucked out the first go around) we’ve also signed on to our local SPCA to be fosters for any buns that come in. i wish we could’ve signed on to take dogs/cats in, but my parents dog wouldn’t have any of that (she’s scared of bunnies so won’t dare come down stairs)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Nice to meet you Aaron.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Not going to Disney, just picking someone up from the airport. Disney would be awful – a lot of the victims worked there, so the employees will have lost friends and co-workers. Visitors have been posting stories about interactions with the employees that were lost onto Facebook. I would imagine they probably have a memorial set up somewhere in the park for the team members they lost.

We’re going to Tampa to do the stuff there. It’s a friend visiting from England, another visiting from Colorado and another that lives in Tampa. Internet meet up!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ve left out a little dry cat food and some turkey sandwich meat to see if the cat comes around tonight. It’s already 9:15 PM, so I’m a little doubtful, but we’ll see.

• LBJ10

Hi Aaron! Nice to see you! Sorry to hear about Hera.

Moxie – You might want to bring the food inside before you go to bed. It will likely be something else eating it if left out overnight.

OMG, Wooly is SO mad. I finally got him in to have his nails cut. They were so long and I just couldn’t get them cut myself. Even the vet tech noted how much he was jerking, which is what he does when we try to cut his nails. o_O They said something about his “nub” and I had to explain to them that he tore his nail off when he was young and it just never grew back.They also shaved around his bum a bit. So yeah, not a happy bun when we got home. He didn’t even want a naner! =O

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/14/2016 2:58 PM

Azerane oh Azerane – I saw something in Berlin and thought of YOU !! I bought it – don’t get excited it’s just a postcard!!! LOL
      I have to take a piccie of it and post in pics…
      Now where did I put it… safely… lol

Now I am intrigued, lol. Can’t help but wonder what the picture is

Exhausting but rewarding day today. Productive day at work, followed by clean up of a free dresser that I scored off the side of the road yesterday, I also managed to clear enough space in the spare bedroom (so many boxes!) to put it once it was clean. So now I actually have some room for storage so I can empty out some of those boxes. After that, I cleaned out under the bird cage and now I’m exhausted. Still have to cook dinner yet, but that can wait a couple hours

• AndHenry
      Participant

What sort of parrot Azerane? Sorry if you said and I missed it…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Sticker – a 4 way international internet meet up – that’s cool !. Have you atleast Skyped each other or only typed words to each other?

• AndHenry
      Participant

I’ve skyped with a BB member…. for some reason I thought it would be awkward…. NOPE! I ended up running with my lap top showing her my Henry in action (remember he is free roan 24/7). It was so much fun.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

We haven’t done voice or video Skype, Vienna. But, we talk on Facebook and Skype via text a lot. I’m going to pick up the English person at the airport, that’s the first time I’ll TALK to him haha then a 2 hour car ride to Tampa, where we’ll all stay at a hotel together in one room (separate beds).

• Bam

Goodness, Skype. I’d have to do some serious house-cleaning before I’d venture into that.

But it is really, really cool.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bam, just put your back against a wall or hang a curtain/sheet behind you. I’ve never skyped though. I won’t even skype my close friends.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ– I know leaving food out can be dangerous (because it could attract skunks/raccoons), but every day we wake up to garbage everywhere, so we figured if the trash isn’t attracting animals, a little bowl of cat food on our porch probably won’t. Also, we know it’s the cat getting into the garbage, because we’ve seen her multiple times. She also climbed through my dad’s truck window (that was only opened a little bit) to eat some old chicken nuggets and french fries. And she digs up my mom’s garden and pees/poops in it… We called the local animal control (it’s somebody’s house number) and they didn’t answer, so we’ll try again today.
      The cat did eat the entire bowl of food and the half piece of turkey meat I left out for her. She really is starving. I just want to catch her so she will have a nice home, where she is well fed, taken care of and loved. She doesn’t seem extremely feral, (came up to my sister once and brushed up against her and let her pat her, but ran away once we tried to pick her up). She is still SUPER skinny, like emaciated skinny. Poor baby. Fingers crossed the animal control will pick up, lend us a trap, and she’ll be healthy enough to find a loving forever home!

• AndHenry
      Participant

LOL! When I skype I put on a ‘nice’ top and still have my pj pants on, ha ha!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Isn’t that what people do for Skype job interviews too? Wait… it’s just me?

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

Moxie – You could also ask your local humane society if they know of any rescues that might be willing to help you catch her. A local that works with rescues helped my mom catch a feral kitten by her job and now that kitty lives here and sleeps in the laundry room.

• Azerane

Thought I posted this last night, but forgot to hit submit @AndHenry, no problem, she’s an Eclectus After taking her to the vet Tuesday, and her second dose of antibiotics last night, she already seems to be feeling much better and is much more active and chatty than she has been the past week. It’s a very positive sign. I managed to successfully hide the medicine in kiwi fruit, and I made sure she was really hungry when I fed it so that she wouldn’t be picky

Skype is awesome, kept my long-distance relationship going for the 9 years (except for the times we were visiting) it was long-distance Plus I have online friends that it’s good to be able to chat to without the expense of an international phone call

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hear hear for Skype – good gracious Azerane – a LD Relationship for 9 years??!!!! That’s a looooong time…. (and is this Mr-Oblivious-to-housework? lol)

• LBJ10

LOL Andi!

Moxie – Well I hope you can catch her. Poor thing. Could you lure her in somewhere, like a garage?

• LBJ10

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! =D
      We just saw a fox running around in the park that’s 2 blocks from our house. He was so cute!

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/15/2016 4:48 PM

Hear hear for Skype – good gracious Azerane – a LD Relationship for 9 years??!!!! That’s a looooong time…. (and is this Mr-Oblivious-to-housework? lol)

Lol, yes, one and the same It was a very long time, but Australian Government willing, that’s all over now. We’re just waiting on his VISA to process.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Foxes are cute…. but not if you are a bunny
      …or from Zootopia !!! Lol
      of course in the London area seeing a fox in the street or garden is as common as seeing a cat or dog…. They’re everywhere. You either love them or hate them…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ps. I’m in the “love” team! !!! Of course !!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ– Yes hopefully we can catch her.

Your fox story reminds me about all the animals I saw on tuesday. We took a drive up to one of our state parks, like 20 minutes away. On the ride there we saw a grouse bird and one baby in the road (we stopped and shooed them away so they wouldn’t get hit), a fox (so fluffy!), a female Moose (so majestic!), a canadian goose and her young, and once we got to our destination a loon and a duck.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Well hopefully it is the cat, because something is eating the food. We don’t really have any skunks/raccoons around us, but we do have like 6 stray/barn cats, and the neighbor’s cat that is free range. Some of the cats people “claim” and some, (like the calico/torti I’m trying to catch) are unclaimed and poorly. She’s the only one I have to opportunity to catch, because she gets on our porch and stuff.

• Bam

Vienna, I’ve read about the foxes in London! I think it was in Sadie Smith’s N-W. What makes London so attractive to foxes?

Moxie, I hope it’s not rats eating the food. I hope you catch the cat.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So I finally contacted our town’s animal control officer. Apparently the one we were trying to contact is no longer the officer, and the contact information was never updated. Bu we finally got in contact with the correct one! They’ll bring over a trap for us the day after tomorrow (saturday). The cat only shows up at night, so hopefully we’ll have the cat Sunday. (I’ll anxiously be checking the trap all night, I only need to flick on the porch light and peek outside the window).

My *BIGGEST* concern (although I doubt it will happen) is that we’ll catch a skunk. How would you free it without getting sprayed??!!

• Bam

If you catch a skunk Moxie, you just have to film it. Could you wear some sort of protective outfit? Like forensics on tv?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

bam – not sure about the foxes except for they are getting more and more daring and have worked out that bins have food in and also a lot of people leave food out for them (they’re in the ‘love’ team…lol)

I remember when I was younger, foxes made a den under my Dad’s shed at the top of the garden and the little baby foxes (cubs) would come out at dusk and play in the garden together. Very cute.

The problem we have had recently though is that the foxes are getting so ‘tame’ and unafraid that they venture into houses (open doors or window in the summer, or through the catflap) and I know of 2 occasions (on the news, not me personally) where they have attempted to take a sleeping human BABY from its bed !!!! Luckily “Mum” heard something and caught the fox as it was dragging baby out…. frightening !! (Cue the ‘hate’ team)….

• Azerane

That is frightening that they come in and try to take babies. I’m in both the love and hate team. I appreciate that they’re beautiful animals, but given that they’re a major pest species that’s contributing to the loss of species in this country, I also hate them. Still, I would love to have a beautiful photo of a fox. I actually got to have a close encounter with two last year. I was out doing bird surveys and I’d stopped walking for a moment just to listen when I heard a rustling in front of me. Out from the undergrowth popped a fox, walked across an open area in front of me, pausing in the middle to sniff, then kept walking along. I was about to move again, when I heard another rustle, and out popped another fox which did exactly the same thing, no more than 3m in front of me in broad daylight. I was so tempted to try and take a picture, but I knew that if I even moved they would see the movement from the corner of their eye and take off.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

They are lovely creatures – have you seen the youtube clip from (bbc?) programme with the arctic fox jumping up high and jackniving down into the snow….. brilliant !!!! So funny.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bam– If we catch a skunk I’ll film it. I’d probably have to call animal control, but if they said they would shoot it, I’d risk getting sprayed to release it.

• Bam

Vienna, that’s really scary if it’s true. Is it true or a modern myth? I believe you unconditrionally if you say it’s true. Too many horrendous things are true these days. Foxes eating babies sounds like sth out of Oryx & Crake (atwood). Genetically engineered wolfoxes, beautiful but with a taste for human babies.

Moxie, I’d MUCH rather be sprayed by a skunk than letting sb shoot it. Even if they happen to spray on your skin, the smell must wear off after a couple weeks surely. But can’t they have rabies? You must ask your dad do the releasing if they can have rabies. Dads are built for those things imo. But please film it.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bam, yes skunks can carry rabies. But I think it’s pretty easy to avoid getting bit. (Like putting the trap on the ground and using a stick or something to open the door, or lean over the railing.). Did I ever tell you guys the story about how my dad saved a skunk? I’m pretty sure I did, but it has been a while. Well we had this skunk hanging around at our old house (getting into the trash cans. T.T) all the time. We nicknamed it and everything. Well one day, my dad heard a big racket in the barn. He went in and the skunk had a peanut butter jar stuck on his head. He was clearly distressed and weren’t sure how quick he was running out of oxygen. We called animal control, and they said if they wanted to “risk themselves to free it” it would cost us several hundred dollars. Or, they could come over and shoot it, for a little under a hundred dollars. We refused and hung up. So my dad put on some gardening gloves, went up to the skunk and popped the jar off! The skunk stood on his hind legs and looked at my dad for a second, and then walked away. Nobody got sprayed, or injured, and the skunk still hung around for a while after that. That’s why we always cap peanut butter/jam/pickled jars etc. before throwing them away, to prevent any animal from getting it stuck on their head.

• Bam

Moxie, that is a lovely story! So glad you saved the skunk! Poor little hungry skunky got stuck!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Yeah, it was awesome!

Sooo…What happened to our fitness thread? Did everybody give up lol.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant
      4482 posts Send Private Message

I vote for revival of the fitness thread. Too much pizza today. LOL
      It’s so difficult to read the chat thread on my phone and I do most of my BBing on here these days…. I miss this thread. Too lazy to get my computer out.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LEL: Please no! LOL I’m visiting elderly relatives in Romania and am on a strict diet of pork and alcohol to make up for living in a country where both those products are illegal.

• Bam

Q8, a strict diet of pork and alcohol! That’s actually what diabetics were fed in the olden days, before insulin was discovered. Pork fat and alcohol. They still died of course, but they lasted a bit longer. (Beef fat would of course work too, but alcohol is a must).

I’ve signed up for tabatha-class today.

I’m starting to worry about the horse-back riding tomorrow. I originally thought it was Icelandic horses, but it turns out it isn’t, it’s BIG horses. It’s not allowed to give treats (understandably), but there goes my hope of bribing “my” horse.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

bam – think like rabbits – the bigger they are the more chilled out they are… gentle giants !
      You’ll be fine – but your thighs may be more ‘cowboy-warped’ afterwards !! LOL

• Bam

Thanks Vienna =) I hope it won’t rain.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

In northern France it is absolutely chucking buckets down – and as I have the day off I am getting very wet going out to empty my small rain-collection-tub to reverse-decant it (isn’t “decanting” going from big to small…?) into my bigger barrel for when the heatwave comes….!!!
      (No, the rain doesn’t go directly into the big tub, that would just be too sensible !!)

• Bam

It rained so much here two days ago that a person rode an inflatable plastic crocodile along the main road of a small town a couple km from her.
      He hurt himself when the croc slipped away from under him and the water swept him into a bunch of trees. But he’s regretting nothing, according to the local paper.
      It wasn’t that much water here but enough to make the garden slugs all too happy.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Rather stupid if you ask me…. although it may seem like fun – VERY dangerous…. and then he probably would have wanted sympathy if he had really been hurt… ^^

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So we get the trap tomorrow. Hopefully the can will go into it. Fingers crossed!

Bam, that’s kinda funny. (obviously dangerous and dumb, but kinda funny. ) lol. Good luck on the horse back riding. I’d love to go horse back riding, but the person I know with horses won’t let anybody ride her horses, and it’s sooo expensive to pay to ride one. =/

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Bam: LOL The last time we had flooding in Kuwait, the boys all came out to jetski on the main coastal road. Numpties.

Lots of bad flooding in Romania too earlier this week – damage to property and to living creatures (including some hoomans). Now we’re in a heatwave though. Which is why delicious grilled snaussages and ice cold beer are sooo perfect. Long live my diet!

Icelandic horses are gorgeous! Especially wild ones.

Vienna: Can you attach anything to reroute the water to the big barrel?

• Hazel
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 6/17/2016 12:41 AM

LEL: Please no! LOL I’m visiting elderly relatives in Romania and am on a strict diet of pork and alcohol to make up for living in a country where both those products are illegal.

Do your relatives know you’re drinking??

bam, have a great time horseback riding! We went last year for my birthday, it was awesome!

• MK
      Participant
      751 posts Send Private Message

Hi everybody
      For the unlucky few who remember me: I’ve been fine, however my lovely bunny Ginger passed away 6 months ago from cancer. I didn’t have the heart to make a bridge post then. It still hurts but I have been healing. Her pal Coco was sad for a while, and then happily adjusted to being the center of my attention, like the little diva he is. He lives in my room with me now, and I don’t have the resources to get another bun, a decision he seems quite happy with.
      Other than that I have been getting ready to go to college in the fall (scary….but exciting!)

bam- Have fun horseback riding!!!!

• Bam

Hi MK!
      I’m glad you and Coco are fine! I remember about Ginger. It was very sad.
      College does sound exciting (and a little bit scary!).

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – no water doesn’t run upwards as far as I know it all stems from me wanting to have lid on the water “butt” (“barrel” in English English !!! ha ha) so mozzies can’t make it their home.
      It’s fine. The water butt is full now (yay !!)

• Bam

Horseback riding was so much fun!!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I think we’d all like a photo please bam to share in your fun !!!!!
      Was I right ? – was it a gentle giant ?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: Aha… that explains it.

Hazel: Yep. They know. They’re the ones celebrating my 38th two months early. LOL Any excuse, right?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So it is Saturday and the animal control officer still hasn’t dropped off the trap, or called. Uhgggg

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Just got back from yard sale-ing. Got some okay deals, and most of the stuff’s proceeds that we bought is for the animal shelter. (It was a shelter event) we got a wicker chest and chair, a fish tank, a pet carrier, some dog leashes/harness, and other pet related stuff.

• LBJ10

Sorry everyone! So late getting back to the conversation. I feel a bit bad for the fox because they cut the tall grass down in the park. He was probably living quite nicely in there because the tall grass offers shelter and a place to blend and hide. I’m sure there were tons of mice in there for him to eat!

I have never heard of a fox trying to take a sleeping baby from its crib.That’s crazy. Foxes can lose their fear of people though. In fact, they can be domesticated after just a few generations. People have pet foxes with strange coloring.

Moxie – it’s good to hear you found the animal control officer. I hope you catch the kitty.

• LBJ10

Hi MK! I too remember hearing about Ginger. I’m glad you’re back and here with us.

Ugh, we sprung a new leak at our house. This one was in the living room, near the front door. It was raining fairly hard last night, but nothing compared to the storms we had earlier this spring. o_O

AND Wooly scared the crap out of me AGAIN today. I went to open their curtains and I saw him laying on his side next to the wall. He was sleeping with his eye open again. He really needs to stop doing that. Anyway, I figured he’d pop up when I stood over him to pull the curtain open. He didn’t move though. I got down on the floor and started petting him. His nose twitched and his third eyelid blinked. Still didn’t budge from his position though. I said “what’s wrong sweetie?” as I started growing concerned. I tickled his hind feet and he flicked them, almost involuntarily. Then I started poking at him. LOL Finally, his pupil started to become more dilated and he lifted his head up. He stopped briefly as if he wasn’t sure what was going on. Then he seemed to suddenly realize I was stooped over him and he hopped up and then dashed across the room. Stupid rabbit.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

It’s 8:30 and the animal control officer never showed up. I’m not going to call tomorrow since it’s sunday and fathers day, but I’ll call monday.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ – He was having one HELL of a good dream !!!!

• Bam

LBJ, now I want a pet fox. I remember I saw a tv-program about a Russian experiment with silver foxes. They very carefully selected for “friendly” individuals. Had to google now, found the experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Domesticated_Red_Fox
      Bam has a tendency to sleep hard like that. It’s always frightening. Once I even picked him up and he was all limp and I put him in my lap thinking he had left us, and then he woke up and looked at me like “What’s all the fuss? I’m trying to nap here!”

Moxie, yard-sales are so much fun!

Vienna, I don’t have photos. I was so caught up with the whole thing! The horse I got WAS a gentle giant, and such a sweetheart, she even let me kiss her nose when we came back. Of course these horses know exactly what to do and when and how, but still =) And after we let them out onto their pasture and they were so happy =)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I WATCHED that too bam – twice – absolutely gobsmackingly amazing !!!!!!!! With the old(ish) lady with the really strong glasses or funny eyes, or something…
      Animal welfare conditions aside the experiment was amazing and shows how our domestic and almost humanised dogs came from wolves and cats too….

For those of you who haven’t seen it – try to find it…. silver foxes. And the colours that changed too as they became domesticated, yet the hand picked wild agressive ones remained the same !!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Just had a Catalonian (NEVER say a ‘Spanish’ for someone from Barcelona) guy come to visit the room I am renting. V nice guy. He’s going to visit another place this arvo, so can we have some negative vibes (for once lol!) please so he doesn’t like that place…..lol.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Vienna, ha ha.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

YAY !! I’m the winner – negative vibes sent brilliantly – thanks guys !!!!
      (Now do the same with the lotto numbers, for goodness sake !!)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Yay!

So I’m thinking about getting bangs (I’ve never had any before), but I have trouble with committing to such large decisions, lol! Any thoughts?

• Bam

Vienna, I’d forgot about the color-change in the domesticated foxes.. Amazing, really. Hope this Catalonian guy turns out to be the perfect house-mate.

Moxie, these huge life-defining decisions are never easy, I agree. It’s really quite difficult to give any type of advice. Some people look good in bangs and some don’t (really useful statement, I guess). If you should happen to not like your bangs, will you be crazy annoyed when it grows out and still is too short for several months to be drawn back into a pony-tail? If you have long hair to your waist or so, I feel it’d be a shame to cut bangs.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

No bam, you’re supposed to tell me YOLO and to experiment with new things!

Lol, my hair is long (nearly butt length) but it’s always dry and frizzy and gets in the way, so it’s ALWAYS up in a bun or pony tail. So I figured bangs might look good with a bun/pony tail since my hair is always up anyway? IDK. It’s so hard. My friend just got bangs and really wants me to get bangs…My sister thinks I should. but also thinks I’m not quite “emotionally ready” for bangs. I *LIKE* bangs, but I think what is really holding me back, is that I don’t think I’ll look good in them…

• LBJ10

Oh yes, he was taking quite the nap indeed! Like I said, he’s got to stop sleeping with his eyes open. He is so freaky. LOL

Bam – Yes, strange things started happening with their coloring when they selected for friendliness. It took only a few generations too. Very quick! And they started acting more like dogs, wagging their tails and whimpering, etc.

Moxie – You could always fake it so you could get an idea of what bangs would look like before actually cutting your hair.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmOB9_WnWM

• Azerane

I’m officially the worst parrot parent ever. Let her out for play time and forgot to close the curtains and the first thing she did was try to fly straight out the window She hit it really hard and I wanted to let her recover before I walked by her to close the curtains, thinking she would go back to her cage. Instead she took off and tried to fly through the window again and hit it again. Fortunately she recovered pretty quick and flew back to her cage when I immediately walked over to close the curtains. She sat on her cage for a few minutes looking fluffed up and sorry for herself but she’s eating now which I suppose is the best thing. I really hope there’s no damage.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Poor darling birdie… but I’m sure it happens to lots of parrot parents.
      Have you tried getting those window decals that are meant to prevent birds from hitting?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Moxie – I had to Google “bangs” ! LOL Sorry – it’s called fringe over here.

I was expecting some life changing decision but it’s a fringe !!!!! GO FOR IT. But if YOU want to but not just cos all your girlfriends have got one – there’s nothing more robot’y than a group of 10 girls (or boys) all looking as if they’ve walked out of Glee (remember the boys long hair floppy fringe that they could’nt go without touching for, oh, 10 seconds !).
      Be different, be individual, be you.
      You could have a half bang – THE Jennifer Aniston look, middle parting, front length cut below chin gently curling and framing your face. If you don’t like it then cut it all the way to a full “bang” !! (why “bang” ?)

For the friendly silver foxes – their colour changed and their tails got curly too ! The wild silver foxes remained ‘silver’ and their tail stayed straight. Evolution!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

And Moxie – in “life defining moments” like these whatever the decision you need to ake you should ask yourself…
      ” What’s the worst that could happen? And could I live with it ? ” – if the answer is “YES” (hair grows back ! d’Oh!) then go for it !

Or take two “selfies” of your forehead and hair and ask us for our opinion… lol – one natural and one with the middle bit folded back over as if it had been cut off!!

• Azerane

Go for the bangs! You may not like them, but as Vienna said, hair grows back And if you don’t like it and you’re always wearing your hair up in a pony tail, you can just pin the bangs back too

Dory seems to be doing well, fortunately no side-effects from hitting the window. I was absolutely horrified and certain it would be my fault and she would pass away. I’m definitely a worst case scenario thinker lol. I deep cleaned her cage today too and rearranged perches, she spent the whole time sitting on top watching me, haha. Now she’s happily eating her fruit for dinner, little does she know she ate her antibiotics too

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I might try bangs. Because I can hide them if they look really bad…As some of the older members might remember, about 2 years ago I had my mother cut my hair and she cut it much shorter than I wanted) and it kinda scarred me. Never letting her cut my hair again ha ha.

• Bam

I’m leaning towards the bangs now too. YOLO and all that. Hair does grow out. Youth is the time for mad experimenting, for testing boundaries, for finding out one’s true identity. No, but honestly, you can hide it in the rest of your hair if you don’t like it. But if you have really frizzy hair, you will need a flatiron for the bangs or you might look like you live in a perpetual headwind.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

It’s really just the ends of my hair that is frizzy, because of all the dried, split ends.

• Bam

That’s great! There was a girl in my highschool nicknamed Headwind because of her bangs. She had a giant crush on my brother.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

@bam – ROFL !!

• LBJ10

OMG Bam!

Oh I do like the idea of having long bangs. I have mine cut to frame my face. I can’t have short bangs. Try as I might, they just won’t stop curling in every direction imaginable. It’s a disaster! LOL

• LBJ10

I’m getting so nervous now. My husband took the stereo and expensive speakers out of my car today. This is getting real!

• Bam

LBJ, what? Why? (You might have said and I’ve missed it).
      I want hair that curls in every direction. My hair doesn’t curl in any direction what so ever.
      The girl Headwind wasn’t too happy about her nickname. She used to indignantly say her real name whenever so called her Headwind. I’m glad to say my brother was never cruel to her. He was always decent, he still is the decent-est person I know.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Aww, Bam, that’s so sweet.

On an unrelated note, I LOVE IKEA! The boutique hotel we’re staying at is IKEA decorated, and my room & bathroom are simply perfect. So comfy and not lacking anything.

• Azerane

I’ve only ever been to IKEA once, don’t remember too much about it. My husband isn’t a fan of their expensive make it yourself furniture. But I just love the idea of the IKEA Detolf cages that people make for their hamsters etc. Really cool way to re-purpose something.

Just came back from seeing Finding Dory and we loved it! It was a big emotional roller coaster, but they tied it in so very well with the first movie. It was so much fun. Go see it if you’re considering

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane – Yeah but yeah but yeah but….. when it comes out here its in FRENCH !!!!!
      And it’s not that I don’t parler français, but in NO LIFE would I see Dory without Ellen’s voice….. So I have to be patient !!….. gggrrrrr
      It’s a bit like watching “Friends” in French – OMG !! (but then my French friends have the same reaction when they see it with their English voices !!)

bam – for LBJ I think its for the neeeeeew LOW bumpered, try-not-to-scratch-in-first-week Prius car….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Azerane: Can’t wait to see that. And Fantastic Beasts in November.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

ANT invasion !! Help!!! Tips please!!
      I’ve come home to find dozens and dozens of ants in kitchen. Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed the odd one or two, but they’ve sent out the GPS coordinates and they’ve all come running !!!

I can sort of see the trail they are taking from outside to get to kitchen, but it sort of disappears up a dark brick wall on the patio and I can’t see the root of where they’re coming from… how can I stop them coming?
      (Zou lives on patio so can’t put any nasty antkiller stuff down there as she will tred in it, and then I don’t know where they disappear to in order to ‘take action’….)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

If you can keep Zou away from it for just a few days, building barriers with Tide powder laundry detergent usually does the trick quickly.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Building barriers Q8? What, like just putting it down? And surely it would remain in dry weather and be washed away in wet?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

If you can find a hole, salt down does nicely. Another way is to mix icing sugar and baking soda 50-50 and leave it in the kitchen for them. They cant separate out the two powders, and take the sugar anyway, the baking powder causes them to explode when they eat it along with the sugar, I don’t know how bunny safe baking soda is though? Another option is to mix baking soda with vinegar and immediately pour it over a group of ants, then clear it away, dead ants and all!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yep. Just sprinkle it down in a thin line like they do with powders in movies about magic or voodoo zombies. LOL

It still works in average wet weather and can be washed away completely after it’s made the ants scarce. Sounds weird, I know, but we swear by it in my family.

• LBJ10

Bam, Vienna is correct. I caved. We’re picking up the Prius on Thursday. They are only giving us $500 for my crappy car, so my husband pulled the stereo/navigation system and expensive speakers out. No way are they getting that stuff! LOL We still had the factory stuff so my husband simply put them back in.

Ants. Oh ants. How annoying they are. We had odorous ant. They are immune to everything. We put bait out and they just thought it was a delicious treat. We sealed up every crevice we could find with caulking.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

My guest just left today. We had a lot of fun!

Ants are a pain. I use terro ant bait for _most_ types of ants and it works OK. Boric acid is another go-to for me.

• LBJ10

Those stupid odorous ants we had were immune to both of those. o_O

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Congrats, LBJ! New car smell!

• Bam

Yay LBJ, new car!!! Congrats! I did suspect there must be a good reason for your hubby to strip the car of stereo/nav system =)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Gina ! ants exploding – ROFL – I’ve got to do that one – however I thought we were animal loving members on this site…   tut tut

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Well, since ants are not technically animals, can we make an exception and hate bugs and all other creepy crawlies with more than four legs? Pretty please?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

NO way josé !! You only have the right to kill mozzies, wasps and …… ants…. if they are invading.

• LBJ10

Thanks guys! I don’t have it yet, but we’ll get it tomorrow. It’s eerily quiet driving in the car right now. o_O

I like bugs….

• Hopper
      Participant
      158 posts Send Private Message

I like bugs too, i count any living creature as an animal. Fish and bugs included.

I don’t mind driving at night, it is so calming…

• LBJ10

No, it’s just eerily quiet. All the time. o_O

• Azerane

Oooh new car, how very exciting My car is quiet because I haven’t found the piece of paper with the code for the radio on it since I had repairs done in December So I’ve been driving without a radio for over 6 months now, lol.

Just cleaned out the fridge. For a couple of days I’ve had water pooling at the bottom and today I figured out why. Seems I forgot that my mum had given me a paper bag of homegrown cherry tomatoes some time ago. They’d been pushed to the back and squished down and had frozen into a giant tomato ice ball on the back of the fridge, lol. The ice seemed to have reach a point where it was melting at the bottom, hence the pool of water. I also found 5 bottles of 3/4 used pasta sauce, 3 empty jam jars and one empty mayonnaise jar. I feel like a clean out was well overdue, lol. It’s hard to believe how much crap was in there! While I was at it I pulled out all the shelves and washed those, wiped down all the inside before replacing everything. Now there’s lots of room for all the groceries I’m about to buy. Hooray

• LBJ10

Yeah, I just don’t have any speakers! LOL That’s too funny Azerane. You should probably fix that. Did you have to pay for that?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I love animals but am allergic to so many bugs that camping feels like playing russian roulette. Anaphaletic shock is not fun after the first time.

• Azerane

Yeah I know. Whenever the battery is disconnected the radio resets which means you need to re-enter a code from the maufacturer to get it to work. Now if you lose the code, you have to pay to get a new one. That’s right, pay for them to give you a 4 digit number. So I have it written down, I just need to find the paperwork with it written on it. I feel like the mechanics should have done that when I had it serviced when they were done, but what can you do.

That’s not good I don’t really think I’m allergic to anything which is good. I’m not a fan of bugs, but I do however absolutely love camping.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Me too. Love being outdoors and gardening, but c’est la vie.

• LBJ10

It has satellite radio! I’m not sure how long it’s good for, but apparently the previous owner activated the service.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ – yes it is eerily quiet – (I think Hopper thought you were driving at night… ROFL) – it’s like when some cars ‘cut’ out their engines at traffic lights…. the first time it happens you think it’s stalled !! LOL
      And then the rented car I had yesterday also knew the difference between me rolling up at red traffic lights (ie temporarily stop engine) and when I’d parked the car and then it turned it off completely ! Spooky !!

When I was in NY in 2012 the one thing that I really noticed was all the yellow cabs are electric and so at really busy intersections when all lights red, there was hardly any engine noises and then when the lights went green just a “whirrrrrr” and they were off…. no horrible poluting cars… brilliant

Azerane – LOL for the radio !! (and also for finding the code… ) DEF the mechanics should have put it back on… have you called them to explain?(YES even after 6 months!!! mdr). I’m sure with a smile and playing your ‘silly female’ joker card… (come on, we ALL do it once in a while…!!! LOL) you could get them to do it…
      Azerane #2 – lmao for fridge – and I thought I was bad !!! LOL

Q8 – that’s a bummer…. really. I love all nature (except mozzies !), absolutely love camping and could not imagine not being able to.
      I’ve always said my worst nightmare sentence from a doctor would be : ‘you are allergic to animals” (and also dairy products…. )

• LBJ10

Well it isn’t quiet anymore. The new car has a stereo and speakers. As for the speakers my husband took out of my old car? He thinks they’ll fit in his truck. :p

Another random question. How do people feel about extended warranties. The manufacturer warranty is up on my new car. :/ Dealership has a plan. It’s $1200 for 4 years/50,000 miles. People say you pay too much at the dealer for those though. Unfortunately, I have nothing to compare it to. And a lot of people say most people who get them never use them Toyota’s are more reliable.

• Shannon
      Participant
      158 posts Send Private Message

Had to google Mozzies hahah! I don’t mind nature outside! our hvac company didn’t seal our hvac line when they replaced our system in the winter. We got mice. It stunk! They are suppose to be paying for the repair, we shall see.

q8 that stinks! I have those kinds of allergies with cats/dogs which is why we have bunnies!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Uhg, I’ve been so busy lately!

Now I’m getting ready to go full-swing into “summer mode”. After taking my little sister to attend 2 different VBS’s this week, I’m pooped. But monday I start dance camp. It’s only a day time thing, so I can practice dance during the summer. I tap dance and Clog. Then a few days after that is over, I’ll be going to a week long (overnight camp). A few days after I get back from that I’ll go to a 4 day (overnight) camp. Then after that, I’ll go on a one or two night camping trip with friends.

Not to mention squeezing in all my babysitting/cleaning jobs over the days I am home in between. And training for a few different 5K’s I will hopefully doing this fall.
      YIKES. Don’t be too scared if I get really scarce for a while!

• Azerane

Just what I needed on my relaxing Saturday afternoon, the sounds of jackhammers from the street, directly in front of the house More upsetting for my husband and the bird who are both trying to have naps right now, lol.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Way to go, SuperMoxie. Your summer sounds FULL!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Moxie – that’s great, the weight is going to fall off and you’re going to be “fit as a fiddle”
      LBJ – You were eerily quiet because you didn’t have a stereo – d’Oh !! I thought it was because it was hybrid engine…. d’Oh !!!

I have been in a “twizz” for a while now as to what to do – stay in France, return to UK…. the UK is now a complete mess going into unchartered financial territory… so I’m even more in the twizz-pot !… And life is passing by….

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Now wouldn’t that be nice Vienna.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

There’s a 10 acre (and spreading) fire not too far away from our house (about 25 miles away). Only 10% contained and on difficult terrain. I’m hoping everything goes well and they can quickly get it under control!!

• Azerane

I’m sorry to hear that Moxie, bush fires are terrible and terrifying things. We’ve had some terrible ones near where I live the past couple of years. The most recent was in farmland north of us and burned 210,000 acres in the space of about 7 hours or so. Very scary. I hope the fire near you doesn’t come near that, hopefully it’s not too windy either.

Not much going on here, just got out of bed and fed Dory. I made up big batches of some new veggie chop mixes yesterday so she has one this morning. It has beetroot in it so I’m a little concerned about how my walls are going to look afterwards, she tends to throw things around a bit, lol.

• LBJ10

Vienna – My old car was eerily quiet in the days leading up to trading it in for the new one. This is because it had expensive speakers in it and my husband wasn’t about the let the dealership have them. So I was driving around for a couple of days with no speakers in the car. We picked up my new car and, yes, it has a stereo and speakers. The speakers from my old car will likely go into my husband’s truck. They thinks they will fit.

Oh no Moxie! I hope they get it under control. =\

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

There’s been no more updates on the state fire department’s twitter or facebook, so I have no idea what’s going on with that, but I can’t see any smoke from our house so I think we’re safe. But 2 more fires popped up today. One was a little under an acre but they were able to put it out. But there’s another fire (about an hour and a half away) that is 20 acres big (and still growing rapidly), only 3% contained and 3 structures have burned down. We really need some rain!

• LBJ10

For your viewing pleasure…

Sorry, I was at work when I took this. o_O

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ – I’d worked out the ‘eerie’ bit after I’d posted the first post – hence the “d’Oh”! s…. lol
      Now that looks like a hovership….. it really is pleasant to turn it on and just have a whirrrrrrrring rather than a diesel ‘chugchugchugchugchug’
      Enjoy !! (and be careful with those kerbs… though I’m sure you’re already being paranoid!! lol)

• Bam

LBJ, that is a BEAUTIFUL car!!!

Moxie, please be safe. I know it’s kind of silly to ask you to, but still. If I could I’d send over some rain, we’ve plenty of it. Will they evacuate you if it draws nearer?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Gorgeous colour, LBJ!

Moxie, I hope you get some rain soon.

I just arrived in Istanbul an hour ago but before leaving Romania I managed to snag one more plate of delicious “sarmale cu mamaliga” (cabbage rolls and polenta) – and at the airport, no less! So stoked. I could live on this stuff.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bam– If they think it’s a threat, they will evacuate people. Right this second there are no structures in danger, even though it’s now at 17 (almost 18) acres, and they are having a lot of trouble putting it out. People can’t really help on foot, and it’s difficult with the helicopters since it’s been windy. (It’s sunday and the fire started on wednesday. They couldn’t start putting it out until friday because of the wind)
      But don’t worry, I’ve been very alert about the fire. I can see it if I walk 100 feet to the top of our hill.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – Istanbul? You got off the plane a bit early if you were going to Kuwait? No?! LOL
      And not counting but “snap” for the number of posts !! (though this one will make me one ahead !!)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Re the dehumidifer conversation a week or so ago…. I received a mini dehumidier yesterday (250ml per day) and put it downstairs in my basement (10m²)
      Quite surprised this morning at it “only” having a centimetre in the little plastic container…
      And then my eyes got drawn to the cat’s litter tray (which has always been down in the basement) and I realise that I use silicone cat litter…..!!! D’oH !!

Do you think it’s the same silicone as silicone which draws from the air? Or only on contact (ie when the cat pees on it??!!) – if so, it’s not going to be a mini dehumidifier which will make any difference !!

• LBJ10

Thanks guys!

Vienna – My husband is making fun of me and calling me a “grandma”. The problem is I have no clue how close I am to the curb. The hood is so short and I can’t see it when sitting in the car. I’m so used to seeing the hood and using that to judge distance. I keep thinking I’m closer to stuff than I actually am. =\ He thinks I should get one of those curb alert systems so I will “hurry up and park already”.

Bam and Q8 – It’s called sea glass. It’s so pretty! I was so tired of having a boring white car. I wanted a pretty color.

• LBJ10

Q8 – I fixed your picture. Wow! This was at the airport?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Vienna, I tried a mini dehumidifier before the full size one, the mini one pulled out almost nothing, much as yours did, the full size one, well over a litre in the first few hours, so I think the issue might be the humidifier, not the humidity, or lack of it. I think those mini ones are little more than a toy. Silica is silica, and will draw water from the air, but much slower than it will absorb a puddle of piddle daintily dished out directly over it.

Q8, when do you get back to your little fluff ball?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LBJ: Thanks! And I know, right? Home cooking right by my gate… NOM NOM NOM. Sea glass is a perfect name for that colour. I used to collect the stuff. Did you guys know that it’s getting more and more rare since we use more plastic than glass nowadays? Sad panda…

Vienna: You crack me up. But yeah… Istanbul is my transit to Kuwait, but since Turkish Airlines have free layovers, I decided to hang out here for five days because it’s one of my fave cities. My hotel is less than a quarter click from every major attraction so this afternoon was Mosaic Museum and Blue Mosque.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

GJ: Back to my heart on Thursday. I found an amazing tea shop in the small bazaar by the Blue Mosque and picked up a bag of dried red roses (tiny fragrant ones), one of blue chamomile, and one of lavender. I only travel carry on, and I’m not sure how I’ll fit them into my bag, but my baby is getting scrummy hay toppers even if I have to stuff them up my shirt.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

sound scrummy

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Dance camp starts tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well and my ankles hold up. It’s a lot of work to tap and clog.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

(((Bambam ankle vibes!)))

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Ha ha, Thanks Q8!

Nice car LBJ.

• Niamian
      Participant

U u guys just have to share with you. Found beer that has a picture of a bunny on it and is named Golden Hare I’m so trying this tonight.

• Niamian
      Participant

More of an ankle (((((vibes))))) lol. I know the struggle.
      And Q8 sarma and (palenta, kacamak as we call it here) for the win.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – I think TA have free layovers because they realise not many people are choosing their country as a tourist destination lately… Sad but true.
      When I worked in the industry 20 years ago, so many Brits went to Turkey, Tunisia and Egypt (to name a few) but they avoid them….

• LBJ10

Yeah, I remember having a piece of sea glass when I was a kid. I used to collect “rocks” back then. That’s sad though.

Good luck Moxie!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Niamian: Win or no win, still too delicious.

Vienna: They’ve had free layovers for as long as I’ve been flying with them, but you’re right – tourists are being courted like crazy now with free hotel upgrades, etc.

• Azerane

There was actually a segment on the news here today about the poor tourist industry in Tunisia now. It makes sense why people would avoid it, but it’s probably safer now than ever. It’s simply a fear and it takes people a while to get past that.

Just cleaned the wall behind the parrot cage, man was it dirtier than I thought. Soooo much splattered food, lol. Took me forever. Thankfully now though it’s nice and clean. I removed the coroplast from behind my rabbit condo to attach to the back and side of the parrot cage to hopefully catch most of the mess in future. Here’s hoping Dory doesn’t chew it through the cage bars, that’d be just my luck. The whole time I was cleaning she sat on the cage just watching me. She also follows me from room to room, which is pretty cute.

• Bam

Azerane, it really is cute that she’s following you around. I don’t know anything about parrots but I think they like company a lot?

LBJ, sea glass really is a perfect name for that color. I used to collect sea glass, I have a whole jar of it somewhere.

Niamian, I found a bottle of wine with a bunny on the label. Had to get it, I don’t even drink wine unless I absolutely have to =)

It’s not surprising that people are afraid of going to Turkey and Egypt and Tunisia etc. It’s a shame because it means points for the terrorists. I’ve been to Turkey several times. There has been quite a political change there in later years, you might say.

Moxie, dance camp! It sounds great! Have fun!!!

• Azerane

Well, she either follows me to be around me, which is certainly cute. Or she follows me in hopes that I’m getting her treats or food, lol. They do require a lot of attention though. After work I’m almost always in the same room as her for the rest of the day, so I talk to her then or at least put some music on which she seems to like. It is quite funny though because it’s like she wants to be close to me and is curious about lots of things that I do, but she doesn’t quite trust me yet. I must say I feel the same about her, haha.

• Bam

That is sweet, Azerane, you’ll probably learn to trust each other =)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane – may I request a photo of lovely Dory?

Tunisia 2015 – 30 Brits shot dead on a beach by a bonkers madmen – no amount of policing can prevent that… The Canary Island or Balearics have the same sun but not the risks. It’s a no-brainer at the minute.

(Having said that – and on a completely selfish note – I wish I’d bought an appartment in NY following 9-11…. )

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I agree, Azerane. Whatever Dorie’s motives, it’s adorable that she’s your little shadow and likes to boop around to tunes and be all curious georgey about whatever you’re doing.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – will you please stop shadowing me on these posts !!!!! I feel like you’re my Dory !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Totally innocent here. I just got back to my hotel room after stomping around old Istanbul for six hours and I figured I’d catch up with my bunny peeps while resting my tired tootsies. Is it my fault that instead of preparing for the big games tonight, SOMEbunny’s counting posts and stuff?

• Hazel
      Participant

Nice car, LBJ!

Have fun Moxie, sounds like you’re keeping busy!

I feel bad about my grandmother. She’s 96 years old, hasn’t been able to get out of bed for years, she can’t even roll over on her own. Bedsores all over, she’s blind and almost deaf, can barely breathe. Keeping an animal in this condition would be considered “inhumane”. I wish we would show people the same compassion we show animals. Seems like a no-brainer, right? She keeps saying she wants to die.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Oh Hazel, that’s terrible. (((((Vibes)))) for your grandmother, you and all of her family. ((hugs))

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I couldn’t agree with you more, Hazel. One need only look at how a society treats the elderly and animals to determine how “civilized” they are.

I hope your gran’s suffering doesn’t drag out for much longer. (((my heart goes out to her)))

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Sorry to hear that Hazel – I’m in total agreement – though it’s not a 100% majority on that one for everyone

• Azerane

Hazel, I’m very sorry to hear that. It’s so tough.

Vienna, pop on over to the June pics thread, I’ll post one there

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Here I pop – here I pop……=>

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – I don’t need to ‘prepare’ for anything tonight – it’s “only” a nordic country we’re playing against….. (she waits, eyes tight shut for onslaught from nordic members…. :crazy

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Azerane – have you caught Jersey’s “illness” of being up and on BB at funny times of the night ?

• Azerane

Apparently. I went to bed at 8:30pm, it’s now 3:42am and I literally have not slept a single minute. Which is why I’m up and about. I tried reading, watching tv, laying there for hours etc. I don’t know what it is tonight, I just cannot sleep. Needless to say I’m exhausted, I needed to be up for work in an hour anyway so I figured I may as well just get up. What I really want is a hot chocolate, but we don’t have enough milk so that’s ruined my already ruined sleepless night

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Bummer, Azerane. I hate this kind of nights. Hope you get to sip a nice cup of chocolat before your very long day is over.

Vienna: I’m over the moon. Now waiting for the next match to start. Should be a good one. England is strong and Iceland (a total revelation for me this championship) play like lions.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

3:42 ? Can you have half hour time différences??!! LOL Or is your clock on the blink?…

That’s a nightmare not sleeping when you want to ! And the more you try, the harder it seems – At the moment here it’s because we’re having really ‘sticky nights’, where it’s not hot enough to throw the duvet completely off, so half comes off, and then I get cold so drag it back in with one foot and then get too hot and so it goes on all night…. grrrrr

Well that atleast is another plus of the www. Even when its 3 in the morning, you’ve got friends around the world awake who can write you back !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

My time stamp says 10:21. Weeeird… meh. We’re both obviously up, so it’s all good.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

2-0 to Italy over Spain – golly ! I’m afraid I don’t like watching Italy play – they don’t play football, they act : falling, crying, diving, rolling about, pulling shirts and then acting as if they are the innocent party…. I think it’s a disgrace and it totally takes away from any real talent they may have – yellow cards should be given out – that would put a stop to it ! (sorry!)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

No need. I’ve loved them all my life and I still agree with you. This game they played seriously though. Still got a few yellow cards for retaliating against the Spaniards who kept fouling them, though – with almost no wrist slapping from a very pro-Spain ref!

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/27/2016 1:25 PM

3:42 ? Can you have half hour time différences??!! LOL Or is your clock on the blink?…

Lol yes, you sure can. Here in SA we’re half an hour behind the Eastern States…. until daylight savings kicks in over summer. Daylight savings really messes things up. It puts us a half in front of QLD who don’t use daylight savings and whose time zone we’re meant to be behind. An hour in front of NT who also don’t use it but are in the same timezone as us, and an hour and a half in front of WA Needless to say, our time zones are a little messed up, lol.

• Bam

Azerane, that’s so charmingly weird, that Queensland doesn’t have daylight saving but the rest of Oz does =)

I don’t know if the UK has daylight saving. I missed a webbinar that I was going to watch tonight because I figured the time difference wrong =/

Vienna, I’m rooting for Iceland because they’re the underdog. But I’m afraid I don’t take sports very seriously.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

The fire got to a little over 40 acres, but I’m pretty sure they have it under control now.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I have nothing to say…. absolutely nothing….  good night !

• Bam

Vienna, I’m sorry =(

Moxie, I really hope it’s under control.

• Hazel
      Participant

Thanks guys. I hope it won’t be much longer.

Vienna, I’m sorry! We don’t get to watch any of the games (we don’t have fancy cable) but we’re rooting for Germany. Looks like they’re up against Italy on Saturday. Q8, get ready to rumble! 

Moxie, stay safe! Hopefully they got the fire under control now.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Moxie – Great news! Hope all’s as safe as can be now.

Vienna- They put up a great fight…

• Azerane

Well I made it through the working day with no sleep, who knows how. I came home, chatted to Dory for 5 minutes and then went to bed and slept for 3 and 1/2 hours. Recently woke up feeling super awful (I was starting to get sick already anyway) and really hungry. So now I have to find something to eat. Dory, the little pig, has already finished scoffing her half a kiwi fruit with antibiotics.

I’m so glad that the fire is is largely controlled now, they get very scary, very quickly.

And yes, I know. Our time zones are messed up

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 you are very kind but they did not!. It was pathetic to watch. People who are paid astronomical amounts of money for high performance which was not carried out… at all…. very sad.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Perhaps we could persuade them to donate their salaries this year to a bunny shelter? Just to keep things fair and the universe balanced?

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Went back about four pages and realized that I missed the part where we were talking about Jennifer Aniston!!! I have discovered Netflix, and with it bringing Friends. I used to be a total Seinfeld geek and totally skipped over Friends but NOW… I’m a total fangirl. (Is it just me?)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I loved it when it aired originally. Now my students have unearthed it and love it too. Yay for Friends revivals.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I missed that too – were we talking about Jen ?!?! LOL
      I think she’s lovely – I reeeeally hope she is as nice behind the scènes as she seems to be in interviews (thinking of on Ellen… soooo funny)

Q8 – BRILL idea – now that would be fair – and they reeeeeally don’t need it. half of each salary to 2 charities of their choice.. that would make 11+?3 subs – 28 charities who would profit !!! BRILL !! Start a petition – no even better a referndum !!!! Oh ho ho so funny !!

Off to see Dory now – I’m fed up of “real” life… x

• Q8bunny
      Participant

You’re hilarious.

Let me know how you like the cartoon. I am really looking forward to seeing it. At the moment I’m just back in my room, pleasantly footsore, and the only movie on tv is Pompey (which I liked) dubbed in Turkish (ho hum).

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Check my post timings – I’m back home – “do I LOOK happy??” (said in Chandler fashion)

The dual carriageway (highway) which takes me into town was BLOCKED solid – and so was the road that I take when the other is blocked – Now, sometimes traffic is blocked-moving and other times blocked-solid…. this was, of course, the latter!!!
      So I did one section and came off at next junction – and now I’m back home – not that I’m happy to see you but ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!
      Fed up of this week and it’s only Tuesday….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

So… you’re not happy to see me?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ahh the double double negative, whilst unlike in maths – does not make a positive !

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Uhg, another wild fire about 20 miles away from our house (on the other side, the 40 acre fire I was talking about earlier was in the opposite direction). We really really really need rain!

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

CHANDLER! (Though my favorite would have to be Phoebe… but it’s so hard to choose your favorite character!! )

Was Dory a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down? I’ve heard mixed reviews.

• Bam

Q8, are you still in Turkey? Please be safe now. It’s horrible.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yes bam she is ! Q8 – Please check in – I’d gone to bed & just turned the computer back on to check you’re OK!  (though I expect after all your walking you’re in bed and asleep at nearly 1am local time)
      Oh god how I wished I’d been wrong in my post only yesterday (or day before?)
      Another suicide bomber at an international airport…. Terrible. Terrible.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Cinnybun – I didn’t get there…. check post at 10:18
      I’ll try again soon

• Azerane

Cinnybun it was a thumbs up from me. After I went I read more reviews about it and many people have similar complaints, but the things that they didn’t like, didn’t bother me at all.

Hope you get a chance to see it Vienna.

Home from work today, my cold has finally broken through into its full strength. Can’t do physical work in cold air when you’re struggling to breathe.

• Bam

I hope you are just sound asleep in your hotel bed, Q8.

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant
      39 posts Send Private Message

(I hope you don’t mind me joining in?)

I hope Q8 is okay!

We’re going to see Dory tonight, I can tell you how it was when we get back if you’d like.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Stay safe Q8!!

Would love to hear how Dory is. Maybe I’ll go see it… there are so few movies that are actually decent these days.

• Stickerbunny
      Participant

I saw it last week. It was better than Finding Nemo, imo. Similar, but less of the boring bits. And the opening scene is so cute.

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

Just got back from the movie. I thought it was very entertaining, and adorable! I cried, but I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to movies haha

• Azerane

Haha, don’t worry Ajax, I cried too I’m a sucker for animal movies. Anytime anything sad happens to an animal in a movie, I’m in tears. People characters can have bad things happen and I won’t shed a tear, but show me some animals and out come the waterworks, lol.

Also, I’m really frustrated right now. I contacted the agent when we first got Dory 8 weeks ago that we were looking after her and searching for her owner. Then 3 and 1/2 weeks ago when we still hadn’t found one, I contacted the agent again to ask whether we could keep her permanently. After a week I sent a second follow up e-mail, then 3 days later phoned as well. Our agent didn’t have an answer for me and said she was still trying to contact the owners. It’s been an additional two weeks since that phone call and I’m getting frustrated. While it would be sad if the answer was no, I just want to know what the answer is. If we can’t keep her, we need to start looking for another owner. If we can keep her, we really need to invest in a proper cage ASAP instead of keeping her in the temporary cage she’s currently in, because it’s really no suitable long term and at this point she’s already been in it two months. I just want to know, and there’s no reason that a decision about this bird should take as long as it has.

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

I’m unsure what your situation is, but I’m sorry that it’s frustrating you. Hopefully things work out for you soon!

• LBJ10

Azerane – Is there no law stating how long someone has to claim property?

• Azerane

I couldn’t find the proper documentation on it, but I was told by someone that it’s 3 months. Which is fine, if we still found the owner at this stage I would of course return her to them. It’s more that I want her to have an appropriate set up and at this stage I don’t expect to find the owner. The number of people I’ve contacted and been contacted by with no result is extremely surprising. I had thought of waiting until that three months to get a cage for her, I just wasn’t sure how suitable her temporary set up was. In the end, by the time we hear back from the agent and get around to it, it may be three months anyway

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Sorry guys. Yes. I’m ok. I was in bed when it happened. It’s awful. Simply awful awful awful.
      My flight home is tomorrow morning and my mom’s tomorrow evening.We were lucky… but we live in a world with a lot of sick twists.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well that’s a relief! But I am not sure you’ll be on a plane anywhere tomorrow…. without a lot of hassle anyway. Safe journey and get home to chewie.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yep. My flight just got a 12-hour bump. Leaving at roughly same time as mom. Will hopefully get Don Chewie back Friday morning. Ooof… poor furball…

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Poor Chewie, glad you are safe.

LBJ said at the start of June, what happened to April and May, and now June has flown by too. Both boys sat their last exam at college yesterday morning, and that’s their compulsory schooling finished. Now we all have a long wait for exam results. Somehow, I think July and August will both drag, while we wait for results day, and fly, as the boys prepare to leave university, leaving me wondering where the last 18 years went to. 

• Bam

Q8, I’m so glad to hear from you. When the awful news came I was like “Q8!!!” But then I read back in the thread and just hours earlier you were in bed with sore feet so I figured you weren’t going anywhere yesterday. Chewie will wait quite happily as long as he needs to because he wan’ts his mummy to be safe. (Yohio said so just now. As you know, all the world’s bunnies are in telepathic contact.) Don’t go outside until they collect you (if they collect you). These people have no respect for life.

I can’t bear sad things happening to an animal in a book or on film. I haven’t seen Watership Down the movie because I’ve read somewhere a rabbit dies in it. Play me Bright Eyes and I cry.

June has been partially extremely lovely here, not like June last year that was so cold you couldn’t really make good use of the amazing light. Time does fly, GJ. Keeping my fingers (not “fungera”!) crossed for your boys’ results.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Guess what guys? We have a SKUNK getting on our porch as well as a cat! We spotted the skunk last night getting into the garbage. It was not full grown, still young but not a baby, and was pretty cute. But this is going to make trapping the cat MUCH more difficult!

• Bam

You promised us a skunk, Moxie, and you delivered! Now you just have to film it for us!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – I can’t believe the planes started taking off again 5 hours after the attacks…. it must be chaos !!
      Get home, keep safe.

Bam – glad to see you’ve found your “fingers” again and yes re Q8 I re-read that she was “in her room with sore feet”, so I was sure she was OK too!!

GJ – wow – Good job you have the furbabies to keep you busy – you ARE going to have a serious culture shock when both boys go at the same time (though a daughter of friends of mine went to uni last year and seems ALWAYS to be home!!! LOL ).
      My brother and I left home at the same time (for different reasons) and Mum was still making too much mash potato for just her & Dad and ordering too much milk (when milkmen were still delivering!)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

It’s surreal being here today.
      We just got back from our daily stomp, and except for sad classical adagios being played quietly in the Basilica Cistern as a dirge of sorts, life in old Istanbul goes on as though nothing has happened: no visible increase in police presence, the Museum of Archaeology is still crawling with sleepy kittens, the large groups of Korean tourists are still whacking people with their selfie sticks, and the rest of us are still taking in the sights in between corn on the cob or ice cream cone stops. It feels wrong because everything feels so normal. But it’s far from a normal day for those who came to harm and for their loved ones.

• Hazel
      Participant

Q8, I’m so glad you’re okay. Stay safe and I hope you get home without further delays. Chewie will be so happy to have you back safe and sound.

Moxie, we need pictures of that little skunk!

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

Q8 – I’m very glad you’re okay!

Moxie – Did you want the skunk up there? If not, you could trap them too and move them. Two birds with one stone and all that. Of course, thats way easier said than done for those little stinkbutts.

• Bam

Ajax, I was just kidding, Moxie is trying to catch a stray cat and she was afraid they’d catch a skunk by accident. For me, who have never seen a skunk except on tv, that sounded wonderfully adventurous so I asked her to film the skunk if they got one. And now they have one.
      I suppose they eat much the same food as cats so it will make it harder to catch the poor cat

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

Bam – oh I know! I was just saying, if the skunk was proving to be a little pest (the skunks around my house dig holes in our lawn!) they could catch both and move the skunk somewhere else, and it’d save the trouble of trying to catch just the kitty

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 – “…whacking with selfie sticks” !! LOL I can see it now !! And very true !

I was watching Glastonbury on the tele a couple of nights ago and mobile phones are ALL you can see in the crowd!… Instead of people watching (and enjoying)the concert, they are watching what they are filming through their phones !! It’s a strange generation that’ll be coming next….

Who knows what visions Mr Jobs left in his will for his surviving team to carry out !!?!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Thanks, V. Now I’m going to dream about iZombies chasing me UP the calf-murdering hills of Istanbul.

• Niamian
      Participant

Glad you are OK. Q8. Hope you get back home with as little trouble as possible. And don’t forget to give Chewie a kiss from me when you see him.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Thanks Niamian.
      I’ll gladly take kiss requests because that little furball is getting smooched smooched smooooooooched.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

So what’s the difference between a normal dandelion plant (all leave come out of one central nucleaus thing) and one that has got thistly edges – ouch – (the leaves come out further and further up the stem as it grows) ?
      Zou likes both

And.. all the little white spherically shaped flowers that seem to be around the same areas as dandelion plants at the moment, are they the flowers of clover, which seem to be floor covering inbetween the dandelion plants too…. ? And can they be dried too (because I am)
      Zou likes them too !

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

AND…! (if I’m allowed another question tonight) how does one clean a cat who thought it was a good idea to shelter from the rain in the neighbour’s ASH FILLED barbecue !!!! She used to be grey and white, she is now grey and dirty grey…. ^^ I’ve brushed her alot and wiped her little white mouth with a wet cloth, but she’s not cleaning herself around her back end and back paws (I thought ash would be OK for digestive system and so didn’t panic) because she’s getting old….
      I thought about dunking her in a bowl of water up to her belly… atleast to get her feet clean!!

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/29/2016 2:36 PM

So what’s the difference between a normal dandelion plant (all leave come out of one central nucleaus thing) and one that has got thistly edges – ouch – (the leaves come out further and further up the stem as it grows) ?
      Zou likes both

And.. all the little white spherically shaped flowers that seem to be around the same areas as dandelion plants at the moment, are they the flowers of clover, which seem to be floor covering inbetween the dandelion plants too…. ? And can they be dried too (because I am)
      Zou likes them too !

I believe the tall “dandelions” that you’re referring to are probably a species of sow thistle. They’re in the same family as dandelions and also safe for rabbits  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonchus I’m pretty sure I have some of these growing in my garden also

The white flowers could be clover, but couldn’t say for sure without seeing them or comparing to other clover photos. I don’t see why they couldn’t be dried, just don’t feed too much at once as I believe it can cause the runs or gas, or possibly both.

Edit: And regarding the cat, if you’ve wiped all those areas, they may just be stained. I would probably avoid washing, only wiping with a damp cloth and brushing out as much as you can. Beyond that, it will fade with time.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well no they don’t have the yellow sunshine flowers and they grow up on a stem ! In the first piccie all that below my hand was above ground level. Here’s a piccie – they’re huge, I have big hands !! LOL – Never noticed them before… Grabbed them while I did !!

I don’t have piccies of little whiote flowers – I may have tomorrow if I remember !!  LOL

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

My goodness, some big dandelion greens! Somebunny will be happy!

I’m going to a pet shop tomorrow to get hay for Chomondeley (and some toys.. ) and there are rabbits there. I always feel so bad when I see them. Give me the strength to not adopt them all!

• LBJ10

Is there a row of spines down the center vein on the backside of the leaf?

• Bam

LBJ, there shouldn’t be any spines. The “backbone” is smooth and there’s white sap when you break it, it stains your hands and clothes brown.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

You’re both right… and wrong !! LOL
      No spines down backbone – it is indeed very smooth. The spines are on the edge, you can see best in 2nd photo along the top like tiny tiny piranha teeth.
      However, no white sap and no staining…. it just breaks little a ‘normal’ dandelion leaf.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

So then… it’s a dandepiranha?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

No silly – a piranhalion ! Sounds much more deadly (I’m back off to the office now…. SOME of us have got to work!! )

• Q8bunny
      Participant

You’re right. A dandepiranha sounds like a piranha dressed in tight pants and a foppish hat.

• LBJ10

LOL, you guys are hilarious!

The reason I asked was because wild lettuce has a distinctive row of spines down the center vein. If no milky sap though, it might just be some sort are large dandelion. Er, piranhalion.

• LBJ10

Okay, I’m gonna rant. The fireworks neighbors are pretty much making our lives miserable. Can’t go to sleep, so we went to a late movie (ID). We were the only ones there. Cost us $30 because it was in 3D. Everything was fine. Then 20-30 min into the movie, this couple walks in with two little kids with them. Huh? They sat behind us. Their toddler was screaming the entire time. Yelling at her older brother to “stop ” repeatedly. I kept looking back at them, giving them dirty looks. Then the dad’s phone went off and he was talking. Seriously? I realize we were the only other people there, but how incredibly rude. And who brings a 3 year old to that kind of movie? And one that is so late? Shouldn’t they be in bed?

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

LBJ, that sounds awful. There are some people that definitely need to have better control over their children, or if you can’t do that, remove them from the situation.

• Timber
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like the dad didn’t even have control of himself. Not much chance for the kids

• Ajax the Bunny
      Participant

I swear trying to clicker train Ajax is like trying to herd a bunch of particularly unhelpful cats.  He’s lucky he’s cute!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ajax- some would say the workman is blaming his tools… well, his student… !!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ – nightmare !! Move seats? But that doesn’t help much….
      I’ve just got back from Finding Dory – finally! yay !! Hmmm, very nice, cute – bit too much of Dory… Findnig Nemo was better but Dory was a pleasant evening out all the same.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Help please, for a bald bum (not mine!) – I noticed yesterday a big bald patch on my cat’s bum, from around the ‘bullseye’ to down each inner thigh….  any clues?
      There are no scratches, no scabs, no signs of any ‘trauma’, just bald, soft, smooth skin…. and no fur…for about 2x 3 inches!!! It seems enormous for her size.
      (Which I’m convinced was NOT there last time, I looked…. (not often to be fair!!) )

I had noticed her sitting in different places over the last couple of days (you know our furbabies have their routines) which now I’m not surprised at if her bum is bare…    and I wondered.. COULD THIS BE RELATED to her probable stint in the BARBECUE ASH ?

I’m not paniced – but I don’t like things I can’t explain… why would a cat’s fur fall off (right to the skin, with no trauma to the skin!) in a ‘big’ patch.

Here is a photo of her bum – any ideas please ? (I can’t do the link thing….there’s nothing offensive, we’ve all got a bum !!  lol)

• Hazel
      Participant

The skin doesn’t really look irritated, as far as I can tell. Maybe she’s over grooming the area for some reason? Might be because of the ash, but that happened so recently, if it’s over grooming it seems this would have to have been going on for longer. Maybe ringworm?

Poor sweet kitty, I hope her behind goes back to normal soon.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I just got home from the airport to a VERY thirsty tree. And now it’s so late I can’t fall asleep.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I just got home from the airport to a VERY thirsty tree. And now it’s so late I can’t fall asleep.

AND there were only 13 people on the plane including myself but not including the crew. I counted. Twice. (I was a little bit bored and restless.)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hmm… not sure. I gots a bum but not a kitteh. Maybe heat caused the fur to fall out? It seems like a high-friction area when kitty walks and in conjuction with summer heat – poof! No fur?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Bam, if I get another chance to see the skunk, I’ll take a pic for you!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Hmm, it’s hard to say. Our cat Spring (RIP) used to over groom. At first her skin was not irritated, until she continued to groom herself. What about an allergy to something?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hmmmm – no its not inflammed or itritated or even bothering her, apparently.

Re heat & friction – she’s 14 so has seen hotter summers, which this is definitely NOT (yet!)

Re overgrooming in that specific area – she’s 14 so can’t get to there really now and I haven’t noticed increased ‘single leg in aerial’ seated position with insistence to licking her behind.

Re ringworm…. I’ve no idea, but it’s only this one area…. and it’s not symmetrical (one side of bareness is thicker than the other)… could that be it?

Could the fur have been gently singed off on contact with the (cold) ash and then fallen off a day later?

• Azerane

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 6/30/2016 4:16 PM

LBJ – nightmare !! Move seats? But that doesn’t help much….
      I’ve just got back from Finding Dory – finally! yay !! Hmmm, very nice, cute – bit too much of Dory… 

You do know it is called “Finding Dory”

Enough silliness, I’m afraid I don’t really know about cat butts, lol. My best memory of one is when our cat Sparks ingested a length of string and it appeared a few days later dangling out her bum In all seriousness though, my first thought would also be over grooming, but there would be a reason for that too. Have you changed her diet at all? Her litter? 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Q8, glad you are safely home!

• Azerane

I must say, I have outdone myself. I have never liked pumpkin soup. The first time I made it was about a month ago, because I made a big batch of chopped veggies for Dory, and had 3/4 pumpkin left over so made soup. It was ok, very pumpkiny and a little bland. After making another batch of chop last Saturday, I again had the pumpkin for the soup. I made a few changes and I must say, the soup is freaking amazing. I find myself thinking, did I really make this!? Lol. I made it Wednesday, having leftovers tonight and there’s still two more serves left. It’s just all kinds of delicious.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I make mine with ginger, coconut milk, lime leaves, and a hint of curry. What path did yours take?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

No overgrooming, no itchiness, no new litter and no new grub… mystère …. (Poirot?!!)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Ooo… j’adore Monsieur Poirot.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

His brother reads the news in the UK..

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oops – already July – move onto new thread ! Bye bye June, month of nightmares….

• Azerane

Posted By Q8bunny on 7/01/2016 5:32 AM

I make mine with ginger, coconut milk, lime leaves, and a hint of curry. What path did yours take?

Replying in June just to answer this! I used Paprika, coriander and parsley (only used parsley because I had heaps of extra left in the fridge). Plus this time I added a sweet potato in addition to just a regular potato. That’s in addition to the onion, garlic and carrots that I had in the previous recipe as well. So it’s a pumpkin vegetable soup, but mostly pumpkin.

Viewing 391 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.