Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE June Chat

This topic contains 391sd replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Azerane 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 392 total)
  • Author

LBJ10

Q8 – Haha! I love it!

Good luck GJ, I know you’ll do just fine!

Bam

Cottontail, I’m so sorry about Jack Black. And your kitty. 18 years is really amazing – a cat that wasn’t going to see 6 months!
    I’m glad Velvet is eating hay now, sometimes it does help to reason with them! (No, it doesn’t, just joking).
    Peter is a rabbit I very often think about, f ex every time I see a wild rabbit here. He wasn’t supposed to live through baby-hood even, and you gave him a life.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

It’s nice that you and mega bunny are living so close to each other. =]

Getting ready to make some super easy cookies 1 box cake mix (any flavor), 1 cool whip container (like the 8 ounce ones) and 1 egg. Mix it all together, roll the balls in powdered sugar and bake.

MK
    Participant

Good luck on the cookies Moxie!!!!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Mmm… Cookies…

I briefly woke up earlier and my nose was frozen (I keep our flat at a bunny temp not at a mommy temp). So I scooped up the Chewster and buried my nose in his tum fur which was so soft and warm and fell asleep again. Goodhearted little guy let me snooze like that for another hour.

Cottontail
    Participant

Moxie– those cookies sound delicious…
    I make some with spice cake mix, and a can of pumpkin in place of the whip cream and egg. Easy gooey pumpkin pie cookies!

And thank you, Bam. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one that sees cottontails and think of Pete. I have become addicted to a FB page for “Mister” who is a cottontail out in Texas, and her daughters, and grand-kits; living in a lady’s backyard. They aren’t house-buns like Pete was, but I can recognize some of the mischief and sassiness… and it’s a bit easier to tell them apart without the CL (Carrot Lady) telling who it is first, just because I’m so used to what would change on Pete and what markings would stay the same as he grew and through molts. They make me smile to see wildies getting some love without being contained against their will. <3

Velvet is a trip. She saw me lay out the towel on the floor like I do before I make her into a bunny-burrito for her medicine and after a few minutes, when I didn’t come get her like I have the last 3 or 4 days, she hopped over onto the towel–in position–and waited to be burritoed. She didn’t fight getting bundled, but once I got the medicine she went back into her routine of wiggling and trying to shrink back into the towel. Once it was over with and we both smelled like grapes, I unfolded the towel and she happily sat in my lap for a couple minutes before she did her normal retreat and foot-flicking off to the other end of the room. She and Vinny make me laugh sometimes. Even though she doesn’t like the medicine, she knows the routine already and seemed “inconvenienced” that I was taking too long to get started. She is eating more hay today, and the poops are getting more and bigger, so per our “agreement” she had to put up with less CC today. I did leave them some in the bowl though.

Cottontail
    Participant

Q8 – I feel you with the thermostat. I would love to keep it around 80 in my home, but the bunnies, the baby, and my husband would kill me! lol They’re all happy about 70… Tilly is even happier when it gets to the mid-to-low 60s, but the other buns are spoiled and get grumpy when it’s too chilly.

BouncingBunnies
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I just joined a few days ago I’m really happy to talk with bunny lovers all over the world!!
    -BouncingBunnies

LBJ10

Mmm, cookies is right!

Hi BouncingBunnies! *waves*

CT – I think cottontails remind us all of little Pete.

Okay, so our 10th anniversary is a little under 2 weeks away. I thought it would be so wonderful to sort of recreate the night my husband proposed. I wanted to spend the night in a hotel right down the street from where he popped the question (this is in another city), so I checked the prices online. I tried ALL of the usual hotel websites (to get the best deal). For that night, everyone says it is $430!!!! O_O Keep in mind this is an Embassy Suites. I have NEVER paid that much for a room at the Embassy Suites. Ridiculous!

AndHenry
    Participant

Just putting it OUT there, he he he….. I am CT’s baby Christine’s Aunty! I claimed her as MINE! Lol! Serious… if it’s NEW and cute and I love you, I will claim it as MINE! And baby Christine is genuinely beautiful! And she is ALL mine! Giggle! If I could ‘chin’ her, I would! 

I know you know LBJ about my Sam, and I’m sorry for not getting back to you – but I have your address safely tucked away, thank you! Jersey (Kate) I hope you read this…. I lost my Sam in the early afternoon that I was talking to you. I just need you to know why I haven’t got back to you and I promise I will. I’ve done a lot of reading in my time of grief, but haven’t been up to ‘talking’ (replying)…. her loss devastated (ruined) me! 

I am getting better as the days go by, but I like our chats to be happy and fun and I’m NOT feeling the funnest even though I’m trying hard to fake it. Who knew faking fun would be so hard??? 

LBJ10

Andi – No worries! I know how heartbroken you are over Sam. And you know I’m here if you ever want/need to talk.

Bam

Andi, I’m so sorry about Sam. I just saw on FB. She was so old, she had such a good, long, beautiful life with you, that IS a happy thing. It doesn’t feel happy in the midst of it all when all you feel is loss, but years from now, it will. Because that’s the kind of life a pet and a pet-mummy should get to have together.

Andi – so sorry – yes faking is so hard, and it will hurt less and get better but that moment seems so far away – but it WILL come.

Whilst you’re waiting (!!) I hear your request for fun, so I thought I’d dedicate this birthday card (I got a few weeks back) to your Sam to make you and anyone reading this laugh out loud…. Enjoy ! Just check out the look on his face !!!!  LOL

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Oh Andi I am so sorry to hear about Sam. I know how much you loved her. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

LBJ10

Soooooo……. I found out why the room rates are so high. Apparently, my very special 10th anniversary just happens to be the same weekend as the Olympic swim trials. o_O

Q8bunny
    Participant

Vienna! You made me snort my latte!! lol

Stickerbunny
    Participant

Andi sorry about Sam

Gosh my last two days have been nuts. Rained a ton due to the tropical storm, so we had tons of frogs come in. Like 100 tree frogs in the doggy door. I couldn’t even use the stove there were so many and I was barely moving walking through the house to not step on them.

They all left during the day but what happens tonight ? More frogs! And a possum! A huge possum. He was as big as a large house cat. I walked out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth to find him asleep under the kitchen table. And he ran into my mom’s bedroom, with her great dane. She snatched him up before we could stop her and he played dead, so we got her to drop him. Then I had to lock her up in the bathroom and shoo the possum out the door.

LBJ10

Bwhahahaha! I love opossums!

Stickerbunny
    Participant

They are adorable and I didn’t want him hurt, but not what I wanted to see at midnight coming back from the bathroom! They get mean when scared and he was having trouble getting outside. Just glad the dog was being gentle with him.

Bam

An opossum! How wonderfully exotic! I’d have been scared. What a swewet dog!
    I found a tick on Yohio this morning. It made me so ANGRY. Poor dear sweet darling, he was so patient while I searched through his fur, it took a long time to find the tick, at first I thought it was an abscess or other type of lump.

Disgusting, disgusting animals.

AndHenry
    Participant

HUGE thank you to everyone (you ALL know who you are – we are old mates now…) who knew my Sam and offered your kindness along with a member who didn’t get a chance to know my girl but still offered her sorrow in my time of grief – how lovely of you, thank you. 

I really am doing that bit better as each day passes – keeping distracted and busy helps. 

Henry is missing her terribly, but I think he is moving on and is trying to claim George as his new girlfriend??? Frank is the one who tolerates him, but it’s like he’s not a challenge? He’s going George! Lol! Silly (STUPID) bunny! Good grief! 

And I have been distracted – having the ensuite bathroom renovated for my future American guest AND anyone else I can entice to come over… LBJ?? Lol! But NEVER ever again!!! Didn’t dick me say ‘never again’ after the kitchen reno? I know I have dumb moments, but gosh I really must be stupid – the mess!!! I can’t stand the mess! What was I thinking? And hiding Henry – GASP! He gets BIG time cranky when I have to shut him out of his (MY!) room. I wonder if he will ever talk to me again? 

But seriously, the timing couldn’t have been worse – we lost Sam the day the reno started. Having stranger’s (even though they are ALL super kind and nice) in your home while your falling apart and poorHenry got kicked out of his room and lost Sam that same day… I think it was all too much for us all. Especially Henry. 

All’s I wanted to do was snuggle up in bed and cry for days – I couldn’t. The ensuite bathroom is off our bedroom – DOH! The timing was just off. But we will recover – Henry will spend his time claiming George and my heart will heal. It will be scarred, but we’ll be ok.

Bam

Hi darling Andi! I didn’t even think about Henry’s grief, but of course, she was his girlfriend. I hope George will accept his invites.
    Poor Henry, being shut out of his room and his cane bed and his secret hiding-place for his cans of coke =) I do think he will forgive you though. How could he not, you’re the best =)

AndHenry
    Participant

Oh gosh bam… I hope your one of the few will accept my offer to visit Australia – I would love to have you visit and stay with us. 

And Henry (how I came up with our BB username, giggle!) misses her terribly. Why I think he’s loving George – George is her daughter. But I really think he needs his room back as much as I do. It is destroying me not having my room available at all times. I have MY tv set up along with my recorder for my fav shows. Serious! Blair claimed the lounge room and I tend to watch tv in my room when I go to bed – all good! It works for us. TILL I GET SHUT OUT OF MY ROOM! Lol….

Q8bunny
    Participant

Just clued in, since I don’t have FB and also since I’ve come down with a bad case of birdbrain this week. I’m really sorry about Sam, Andi. I’m another hooman who didn’t know her, but my heart aches for you and Henry-boo nonetheless.

Azerane

I just clued in too… I’m so very sorry for your loss. I never know what to say beyond that. Thinking of you.

So frustrated with my husband lately, he’s not doing his share of housework. I know that’s probably an age-old problem. But it’s tough when I’m working almost full time and he’s home all day doing nothing to help. He shares the cooking, but that’s it. It gets pretty tiring sometimes and I don’t want to resent him for not helping, but I’m literally out of ways to ask for help. Rant over, sorry for venting.

So glad we have a long weekend this weekend, it’s been such a tiring week and I just want to sleep

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.