Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE June Chat

This topic contains 391sd replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Azerane 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 392 total)
  • Author

cinnybun2015
    Participant

I’ve recently enjoyed walking. I’ve been trying to run, but it’s so hard on the legs before you get into shape.

Bam

Moxie, Crooked Beak is so cute! More healing-vibes for her!
    We have lovely lovely summer weather here at the moment but they’re saying it’ll get chilly again tomorrow.

So Fluffy Bunny
    Participant

I have a rough start to the month. Princess, Tanis and Taz-bunny are all healthy and doing good, me on the other hand the doctor keeps finding stuff wrong and new medications it seems every month. All that it seems to want to do here right now is rain, and its just making it very muggy outside.

Sorry that you’re having a rough time SFB. Someone said to me once, medically wise, if you look for stuff then you’ll generally find something…..
    I hope the new médications kick in and they work.

Niamian
    Participant

Sorry to hear it too, hope you feel better soon SFB!
    It’s some 18C here and sun and rain combined. Running is awesome, I’m making a break this month from it (because of my bad ankle), but I usually run 3km twice a week, at least. Just put some music on and it’s a best break from everything!

In other news, we adopted a puppy. Long story. Little over 1 month old, sleeps on my feet right now. Redford has already sniffed with him and look perfectly fine. Bianca and him are sleeping on a pillow next to us. All finished dinner and sleeping with full bellies. So life is good here right now. ☺

Moothebun
    Participant

I feel like all the rain comes in june now instead of april

Bam

SFB so sorry you’re not well. Healing-vibes for you!
    Niamian, how exciting, a puppy! What breed(s) is it? One month is very young.

Niamian
    Participant

Grey German Shepherd. His brothers and sisters are all perfect but his ears are not “as it should be”, ergo he wasn’t that popular. But we love him nonetheless ☺
    I’m bit worried about his relationship with bunnies but so far it looks good. Redford is more curious and relaxed but Bianca is coming close to him now too. He is sleeping most of the time so they can chin him nice lol.
    Any tip from you guys with dogs and bunnies. I would love to have them all free range together at some point is that posible?
    Bunnies have all the house to themselves by the day so I would hate to have to restrict in any way. I want them all to be friends. ?

Cottontail
    Participant

Hello, BB people!
    I know it’s been a while, but it’s been a year since my Pete went to the Bridge and I had to see some happy bunnies and bunny-families, so I decided to check in.

Our munchkins are a year old now, Tilly and Duncan are still happily together, and Zoey is still the momma-cat. We’ve added a non-furry baby to our family as of 5 1/2 weeks ago, and she already loves the bunnies. I’ll post some in the pictures thread. I hope everyone else is doing well!

Bam

I have a German Shepherd dog. She was 3 when I got my first bun which made it easier, and we’d done lots of obedience training. GSD dogs have lots of will to please and that is a huge advantage. The first 2 months or so Bam was in a cage, but after that he was free roam. There are always places he could run to and hide where the dog absolutely can’t get in, but we’ve never had a single incident for more than 4,5 years now. Effi (dog) quickly understood that the rabbit was a family member and by no means prey. That doesn’t stop her from stealing the buns’ veggies though :/

Bam

Hi Cottontail!!!! So good to hear from you! Congratulations on your little girl and on being a hoomin-mommy as well as a bunny-mommy!!!

Cottontail
    Participant

Hi Bam! ^_^ We’re staying really busy with the little one and the fluffle, but we’re doing well! There’s drama as always but we’re making the most of it and trying to enjoy the good stuff. How have you been?

Q8bunny
    Participant

Cottontail: Congratulations! The pic of the rexes with their hooman baby sister is too cute.

Niamian: That’s so exciting! A puppy! And a lovely breed puppy, to boot. Have you named the little rascal yet?
    If the buns are chinning him already, you know the three of them will soon be partners in crime. lol

So Fluffy Bunny
    Participant

Thank you, guys for the well-wishes, basically my body is just breaking down, i am having to go on medications to keep nerve damage back since it now affecting muscles in my legs and such from the back.

Congrats, Cottontail on your daughter, she is a cutie pie and the two rexes overlooking her on the floor is quite cute.

Niamian, that puppy sounds cute. and if the buns approve then yay all around, we have to keep the buns and dog here separated from each other.

LBJ10

I know I probably already congratulated you CT, but congrats! You should stop in and see us more often!

OMG, I’m so tired. The event I had been planning for work was today. There were so many people there! I’m exhausted and I owe my husband A LOT for volunteering to help out.

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Congrats on the non-fur baby CT

My big exam for this year is now only two days away. I’ve been revising steadily for months, so hopefully am as ready for it as I can be. This will be my first exam to count towards my final degree classification grade. Some ‘stay calm and don’t forget everything’ types of vibes would be welcome!!!

Bam

Lots and lots of ((((((stay calm and don’t forget everything)))))) vibes, GJ!

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Thanks

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

COTTONTAIL!!! Where have you been?! Congrats, I’ve been waiting (Since APRIL!) to hear that everything went well with your baby. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! You must me so happy!

Go GJ – GO GO GO – Keep calm and let ’em have it !!!!

Oh my golly gosh – I use a normal laptop computer (can’t be doing with fiddly Smartphones) and always use a mouse. I’ve moved to the lounge to watch crummy love boo hoo film and have JUST discovered scrolling down with touch pad! Not the scroll thingy on RHS of touch pad but just touching it on LHS and sliding up and down with right hand finger… magic !!!!

Cottontail
    Participant

Thank you, everyone. ^_^ I’ll get you some more pictures of the furry ones and little Christine!

I’ve just been so swamped with the baby that I really ever get on FB anymore. I’m trying to correct that though.
    This weekend has been a bit rough for me emotionally.

Velvet got in a fight with TIlly and had to get some liquid stitches and antibiotics for a particularly bad bite on her side. She got so stressed she started into stasis, but she’s doing immensely better now.. and hates having to take her medicine (even if it IS grape flavored!) Vinny has been grooming her and cuddling her and she’s got her appetite back so she’ll be okay, albeit grouchy.

To top off stress, a local bunny friend lost her boy quite suddenly. I was at the vet with her when he went… He was just hanging on to see his momma, poor little guy. It reminded me so much of Pete snuggling me before he left. And now today my father let me know that Whiskers, a cat that we’ve had for going on 18 years, has now passed. He was never supposed to make it past his first 6 months due to the extent of his asthma and allergies (at least according to the vets that saw him) so having him nearly 18 years was a blessing.

They say things come in 3s and we hit all 3 in the weekend. Now we’re all looking for the silver linings and trying to rest and find happy thoughts and focus on the happy things in the world today.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Oh I’m sorry CT.
    Was the person who lost the bun anyone we know? (I know MegaBunny lives near you, and we haven’t heard from her in ages )

Cottontail
    Participant

Moxie- The bunny’s name was Jack Black; and I’m not sure if anyone here knows him and his momma or not, so I’m not going to leave her name… He was a sweet boy, and only 3 years old, but it was obvious how much he loved his momma.

MB is okay: and so is Gus. She’s been staying pretty busy down here, but so have I lately, so we’ve been talking over text and net more than in person the last few weeks. I’ll let her know that you say hi though!

I’m happy to report that after giving Velvet her evening medicine, and reminding her that if she were to eat her hay she wouldn’t have to have the CC that she sat deliberately in front of me and chewed on the biggest piece of hay she could pull from the rack. She’s a smart one, but sassy!

Q8bunny
    Participant

GJ: ((((((May the Force be with you!?))))))

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 392 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.