Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE jasper

Viewing 137 reply threads
  • Author
    • Phil
      Participant
      239 posts Send Private Message

My bunny Jasper was almost 8 years old,he developed testical cancer and died under anasetic on 20 th jan 2018,my life is now so empty and sad everyday hurts so bad,i miss him so so much,words cant say enough,got him when he was 12 weeks old. Such a wonderful bunny happy and content all his life,love him forever.

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you gave Jasper a wonderful life and had a beautiful 8 years together. He sounds like a lucky bunny, and I’m sure he knew how loved he was.

Perhaps you would like to share some photos of him?

• Phil
          Participant

How do send pictures cant download them from my phone

• Luna
            Participant
            2219 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry about your dear Jasper. He knows you love him. (I’m not sure how to add pics from your phone, but here is a link that explains how to post pics from a computer https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/144934/Default.aspx)

Binky free Jasper

• Bam
              16835 posts Send Private Message

Phil, I’ve sent you a PM regarding pictures. If you’re having trouble uploading pics directly, you can upload them to an external source like imgur or Flickr, make them publicly viewable and paste the link to the pics into your post. We’d very much like to see your sweet Jasper. Thank you for loving him all this time, ever since he was just a tiny baby. I’m very sorry you lost him.

Binky free ****Jasper****

• Bam

Posting this lovely picture of Jasper for Phil. 

• Flakie
                  Participant
                  148 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your lovely bunny Jasper. You cared for him for a long time and will have some wonderful memories.

Love your picture what a gorgeous bunny Jasper was.

Binky free Jasper x

• Cocoa
                    Participant
                    728 posts Send Private Message

Im so sorry you lost your bunny. He is an adorable bunny and it’s awesome that you gave him such a wonderful home for 8 years

• Phil
                      Participant

Thank you all so much i loved Jasper so much he was so friendly affectionate,he ment the world to me.my heart is broken.

• Gordo and Janice
                        Participant
                        703 posts Send Private Message

Phil, my condolences. Jasper was handsome and cute all in one. Looks like he might be checking his suave self out in that reflection. By the looks of the hay and grass on the floor it looks like you gave him the run of the house. Thank you for letting him have it sooo good. You two had to have had a wonderful life together.

It is hard Phil. Very hard. I remember at first, when Icey died, the grief was totally overwhelming. I really couldn’t function very well at all. And it didn’t seem like I was going to be able to get over it. But now I look back (and it’s been a little over 2 months) and I am much better now. There is still tears. And there are all sorts of things that remind me of her but the pain is less and I smile more in remembering all the little things. But make no mistake, I still miss her so much and probably will for a long time if not forever. I would reckon that is the way it is supposed to be when you love someone so much and they are no longer here with you.

Everyone grieves in different ways and through different processes. I, and I’m sure along with everyone else here, relate to your broken heart. Our little girl Icey was almost 8 years old too. It didn’t seem long enough. But I’ve learned it was a pretty good run compared to a lot of little souls on this forum that pass away even sooner. Feel free to continue to communicate and talk with everyone here as you go through this, if you feel the need. There are plenty of people here that care.

Sorry again for Jasper’s death but sooo grateful for his life and you for the way you took care of him.

Binky free {{{Jasper}}}

• Phil
                          Participant

Thank you so much it helps knowing everyone feels same way Jasper had free run of my home,he even slept on my bed with me,he made my life so wonderful,every day is so empty now,soso sad.

• Gordo and Janice
                            Participant

I keep reading that you aren’t doing so well Phil. Hang tough. It takes some of us longer than others. I wish I had excellent expert advice but I only have my experience. It was a benefit that I and my wife could share the grief with each other, and even more so with the people on this website. I don’t know if you have any friends or significant others in your life that can understand or empathize but sometimes it helps to lean on those people a little in times of emotional need.

It’s been over 2 months for you and almost 3 months for us. Last night I glanced at her cedar box containing her ashes as I walked through the living area to go to bed and experienced a sudden deep seated yearning to be able to see her in real life. To get on the floor and give her nose, head, ear, and body rubs like we used to always do as bedtime approached. It was her and my thing. A real strong yearning out of nowhere. Missed her so.

Again, wish I could say the magic words. You’ll find your way in time. Keep moving forward. My thoughts are with you.

• Phil
                              Participant

Thank you, I live on my own its very hard for me to even go home I find I miss jasper even more now, its so hard, I loved him so much.

• Ralphyralph1
                                Participant
                                4 posts Send Private Message

How lovely is jasper’s photo. He is just gorgeous, no wonder you miss him so much. Take care of yourself, he wouldn’t want you sad.

• Phil
                                  Participant

Its getting harder to cope, everyday. I miss my dear bunny so so much. I’m like a zombie. So hard to carry on.

• Gordo and Janice
                                    Participant

Still think about you everyday Phil. I am not an expert by any means. Everyone heals at their own pace and through their own mechanisms. But there may be some things you can do to help process this loss better. It seems like you said there is some service that helps that you can call and talk with.

I don’t know your situation at home. But as painful as it was for us, Janice immediately began going through Icey’s stuff. I can’t remember if it was that night or the next day, but it was quick. We cleaned up her area, removed everything. I was hesitant, but in hindsight it was best to help us move forward through the loss. I think if I would have left everything there for any amount of time the visual reminder of everything there with her missing would have had me stuck in agonizing yearning heartache. It was going to be hard no matter what. There were plenty of other visual reminders everywhere else in the house that made it hard and just the fact Icey wasn’t around was painful enough, but cleaning up and changing that area helped us both consciously and subconsciously I think.

Again, I don’t know anything about you or your life but try to get out more, get busy with meaningful tasks not mindless tasks. And if the lack of companionship only adds to your misery, it may be that you are the type of person that would greatly benefit from adopting another little bunny, regardless of how soon. Of course it wouldn’t be Jasper but I’m sure it would win your heart over just the same and you would have your very own special relationship with the new bunny.

Truly, if I sit and think about Icey long enough I will begin to break down and cry, really hard. Because I miss her so. Some times it happens easier than other times. But the point is I could easily find myself constantly mired down in the anguish of missing her. Our lives are so short. It seemed like only yesterday we saw her as a baby and again only yesterday that we adopted her. But it was 8 years. Fast.

So use what time you have left by trying to be so grateful for the wonderful things about Jasper that make you love him so. Those same things can and might make you cry because you miss him. But try and maintain the perspective that you got to share a remarkable relationship with such a beautiful, beautiful little creature. Let those things become things that make you smile quietly, shake your head, or even laugh out loud. Be happy that Jasper was yours and you were his. Very few people get to have what you two had. Very few.

With how much you let him be free and how well you took care of him and how well you loved him, I think people like you have so much to offer. Again our lives are short. Like someone said previously, Jasper would not want you to be so miserable. Just like we wouldn’t want our loves ones to be stuck in misery after we are gone. We want them to live what is left of their lives to the fullest. Jasper would wish the same for you.

• Phil
                                      Participant

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jasper meant so much to me, I miss him so much more now than ever, I cleaned out his hay andfood bowl, it upset me so much. Kept feeling  why and what will he think of me expect  him to come running to see what I’m doing, its so hard to think he’s gone still, I loved him so much.

• Flakie
                                        Participant

Hi Phil just wondering how you are doing? Just like Gordo and Janice I’ve been thinking about how you are.

I am starting to heal a bit. My friend however bought me a hanging decoration for my wall done in wood and it had a carving of two little bunnies with white tails and the saying “ every bunny needs some bunny to love” and I started crying. It was so thoughtful of her and we here at rainbow bridge gave a bunny in need all the love we were capable of and tried our best for them all and they gave us back unconditional love also.

Jasper had a wonderful life with you he was an adorable little chap and some day you may find you want to give another bunny your love when you are ready.

Take care of yourself and keep in touch we are all here for you x

• Phil
                                          Participant

I’m not doing to well miss Jasper more every day, I still think about the anasitic vet used as there’s a really safe new one called Alfaxilone, far safer than isoflurane, there’s a bunny died at 6 months during anasetic, pritty worrying

• Flakie
                                            Participant

Phil you cared so well for your Jasper. We can only go on what anaesthetic the vet uses and the older the bunny the less they are able to cope with the drugs given. My Flakie had a tumour in his stomach for about 2 years and that was when he was 8 and I was told they wouldn’t operate on such an old bunny so I didn’t even get the option of surgery. Lucky for me he lived another 2 years after that.

I miss him every day I always will miss my two buns but time will heal us both. My dog died over 20 years ago and I still think about her but look at pictures of her and think of the good times we had together. I’ve kept myself busy and as you know got two wee rescue buns which I adore. They will never replace my Flake and Poppy but are characters in themselves.

Maybe in time you will give your love to another.

Binky free sweet Jasper, Flakie and Poppy

• OnyxMoon
                                              Participant
                                              260 posts Send Private Message

I’m so very sorry to hear of every bodies losses, to see losses brings tears to my eyes.

I wish i could say things to take the pain away, all i can say is that they are roaming free now. Eating fresh hay, drinking fresh water. Indulging on all of their favorite treats, veggies, fruits, and they are all definitely binkying everywhere.

{{{ Lots of love and good vibes to everyone }}}

• Phil
                                                Participant

Thank you. I’m just so lost without my little Jasper every day I wish with all my heart I could have done things differently. I didn’t want to do operation told vet is he too old. Still went ahead with it and I knew he would die, feel so bad its all a nightmare still he was my whole life. Glad ure doing ok and new buns are doing well x

• Jeremy
                                                  Participant
                                                  8 posts Send Private Message

Oh Phil, what a rough spot for you to be in. Having to make that decision as to whether you risk the operation or risk the cancer worsening.

None of this is your fault, mate. Jasper was lucky to have such a loving parent in you.

Think of the good times you shared with your little man

• Phil
                                                    Participant

Thanks Jeremy, its was the hardest decision I’ve ever made told vet I was signing his death warent, I left him there all night didn’t sleep a wink, I knew it was serious and he wouldn’t make it through surgery. Jasper was also so needy night before I took him I think he knew we’d never see each other again. God I loved him do much.

• Phil
                                                      Participant

I’ve been looking at adopting new bunny, just not the same as my Jasper, I just think their him, quite upsetting ?

• MountainBuns
                                                        Participant
                                                        513 posts Send Private Message

Im sorry that you lost your beloved friend. He is in a better place now and running in the sky…

Binky Free Among the Stars, Precious Jasper.

• Azerane
                                                          4688 posts Send Private Message

Hi Phil, just dropping in because I saw a post of yours on another thread about the mini lop. First of all I am very sorry for your loss of Jasper, it’s never easy.

Regarding getting a new bun, this is something I found extremely hard also. I knew about 1-2 months after I lost Bandit that I needed another rabbit in my life to help heal but at the same time I really wasn’t ready for it. It was about 6 months after before I adopted and it was very tough. The first time I went to meet another rabbit I really liked the bun and he seemed wonderful in every way but told the rescue I wanted to think about it. When I got home and my husband asked me how it had gone I just burst into tears, I felt like I was betraying my previous rabbit and loving a new one just reopened wounds. About a week later I went to the foster’s house and met at least 5 different buns, this was better because it allowed me to experience different rabbits and although they were all gorgeous and I was extremely tempted by a little chocolate dutch girl, I still felt I was holding back. As a last minute suggestion I asked if I could meet a bonded pair, and that’s when Apollo got placed in my lap, and I just knew that he was what I had been waiting for. It wasn’t his appearance it simply was just a feeling that he was the one I was supposed to bring home (and his bonded buddy Luna by default, lol). What I’m trying to say after a long story is, I would have found it tough to commit to another rabbit after a loss without having met that rabbit first. If I’d picked from pictures I would have adopted the dutch girl in an instant, but having met her I know she would have been the wrong bun for me at the time. She was still on my lap but I could tell that she would have been a spunky, intelligent troublemaker, which is not what I needed at the time because Bandit had been a spunky, intelligent troublemaker. So right now besides the heartache which will still be there a bit, you may find you are so unsure about the new bun because you haven’t met him/her, how do you know you are getting the right one without meeting them?

I’m sorry that was so long, I thought that perhaps another perspective may help. I hope you are coping ok.

• Phil
                                                            Participant

I haven’t slept very well as I still see my Jasper in my mind every day, as you say I’ve not met new bunny yet, told breeder to keep him for a few weeks, I loved my Jasper so so much its awful every day without him, I feel very apprehensive at thought of new bunny. It won’t be the same and I think ile get very upset with him, it will be so strange, as my home is Jaspers and mine, just don’t know what to do.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                              Participant

Phil, I think Azerane’s advice is brilliant. Since you are so apprehensive I think you should begin by seeing and interacting with bunnies before making a commitment. It would ease you into being around other bunnies and allow you to deal with those emotions as they arise and not after the fact. And more importantly, hopefully, it will put you in a position where you can have an experience where you connect and you just know, like Azerane.

Because no one would want you to be in situation where you are piling regret on top of guilt along with everything else you are battling. Take it in steps. It’s doesn’t have to be an all or nothing endeavor. It doesn’t have to happen immediately as if time is running out. Ease into it. Visit with them. Hold them. Interact with them. As many times as necessary. It could be a while before it happens. But so be it. It’s been almost 4 months since Icey passed and I’m still not ready. I so want another in my life. I see all the pictures and captions from everyone here and they all “melt my heart” as it were. But I know I am not ready.

Everyone is different. Some can turn around within a week or a few days and find another rabbit to adopt and not miss a beat. Others, like myself, take longer. I can’t even begin to unravel all the underlying emotional issues or personality traits that might make that so. But it is what it is. Don’t feel rushed. Don’t feel desperate. But I would do as Azerane suggested. Your heart or your mind is trying to move forward but one of them is holding you back. You are conflicted.
                                                                Take the steps that begin the process and let things unfold as they will. Give yourself the advantage of time and patience.

Anyhow I thought Azerane’s advice was top notch. Whatever you decide will be the right choice. Believe it.

• Phil
                                                                Participant

Thank you so much exactly right if I get bunny and he turns out completely dif to jasper I’ll be so annoyed and upset, I found bunny that looks adorable but I’ve not met him, when I first saw my jasper it was love at first sight he sat on my lap for 20 mins he licked me, I knew it was the correct time to get a bunny, took 1.5 years after loosing my little Fluffy to know I’d done the right thing

• Phil
                                                                  Participant

I’ve just seen little Clover today he’s so adorable, decided to have him in a month, he’ll never replace my Jasper but I know in time I will love him too, very hard dessision, got some pictures ile try and post.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                    Participant

Congratulations on your decision! I’m glad you went and visited him. And I’m glad you could come to a well informed and well thought out decision. Clover doesn’t know he’s won the lottery yet! He is a very lucky boy. I look forward to the pictures of the little one.

• Phil
                                                                      Participant

He’s so adorable got some pics but don’t know how to send them, thank you so much, hes not my Jasper but I know ile love him so much too, everyone says I’ve got my sparkle back, bunnies do that their all so amazing x

• Flakie
                                                                        Participant

So glad you went and visited Clover before making your decision. So happy that you have your sparkle back Phil.

Look forward to all your pictures and hearing how little Clover is doing.

• Phil
                                                                          Participant

Kerrys keeping him for couple weeks as have to prepare everything also it 60 miles of journey, hope he’ll be ok all that way takes 2 hrs.

• Flakie
                                                                            Participant

I’m sure he will be fine. Ours was about 100 mile round trip and our two were in their carrier and they were fine.

• September
                                                                              Participant
                                                                              110 posts Send Private Message

Hello Phil. Congratulations! I am sure Clover will help to fill a tiny bit of that hole that’s in your heart. Not all, but some of it. Jasper was unique, he was Jasper and there will never be another Jasper….. just as there will never be another Clover.

It’s been 8 months since we lost Timothy, and I just feel deep in my heart that I can’t go through the rest of my life without another bunny, but making that first step to get a new furbaby is a scary prospect. Not only do we miss our bunnies terribly, we also miss the joy and happiness they brought to us. That is what I miss too…. the person I was when I had Timothy with me.

We are all concerned about having to go through this heartache again, which is inevitable, but it is worth it just to be able to give love and a wonderful home to a bunny for their relatively short life. Clover truly deserves that. Please share him with us when you can!

Best wishes
                                                                                Lynda

• Phil
                                                                                Participant

Thank you. Clover is adorable. I still feel a bit unsure as Jasper Ment so much to me, I’m a bit scared at moment feel I’m still not quite ready yet. X

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                                  Participant

I said this to my friend who recently lost a bunny and is looking for a new one – at the moment, Clover is just not-Jasper to you, and Jasper is the one you really want. But once you have Clover living with you, Clover will become Clover with his own personality and you’ll come to love him in his own way and for his own quirks and personality. It doesn’t mean that you won’t keep missing Jasper and the bond you had with him, but in time you’ll be able to remember him with happiness, and Clover will be another rabbit that you love and have a bond with.

• Phil
                                                                                    Participant

I’m just worried be expecting Jasper to be clover. Very hard to know what to do. This little bunny needs a daddy and I know he’ll be a wonderful bunny too. X

• Bam
                                                                                      Moderator

What S&L says is so true! I had the same fears as you when I got my current dog Effi after my first dog passed. Because I didn’t want to expect new dog to be old dog, I chose a dog with a different coloring (but same breed). But it happened just as S&L says, I grew to love my new dog but it didn’t make me love my bridge dog any less.

If you have pictures I can post them for you, we’d love to see pictures. I’ll pm you my email address, in case you haven’t kept it =)

• Bam
                                                                                        Moderator

Posting this picture of Clover for Phil.

Gorgeous bunny!

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                          Participant

Oh so cute Phil! You lucky dog! Both you and Clover will be fortunate to have each other. Just precious!

• Flakie
                                                                                            Participant

Phil Clover is so adorable what a gorgeous wee bunny he is. Love his colours.

You will love him for who he is and his little personality. You will never forget the strong bond you and Jasper had as I will never forget the bond I had with Flakie and Poppy.

Hope to see more pictures when you get him home.

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                                              Participant

Clover looks like a super cute little guy who’s full of personality. I hope he will bring you lots of joy!

• September
                                                                                                Participant

Oh my, oh my. I am in love….he is gorgeous! And itching to get out to you Phil. You can see it in his eyes. Remember, you may be hurting, and may be hurting for a very long time. You may yearn and cry for Jasper. At times you may want Clover to be Jasper. But this bunny is important. He is beautiful and important. He deserves a good life and you can give him that. You will love him and be proud of him because he is a gorgeous little bunny. I often wonder what would have happened to Timothy if we had not had him. Would he have had the best life possible? He went to the Bridge much to soon, but his short life was filled with love from us. And I am so grateful we could do that for him.

Your Jasper was meant to be yours, and yours alone. That will never change, even though he’s not here now. Clover is meant to be yours too, because you need him and he needs you.

Xxx

• Azerane
                                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                                  4688 posts Send Private Message

Goodness, Clover is so very cute Of course it is hard to open up your heart to another, and we have to remember to love them for who they are, their own personality and not try to compare them to those we loved before. Is it hard? Yes, but is it worth it? Absolutely

• Phil
                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you Aserane. I should be bringing him home soon. I’ve been preparing his home. Very hard moving Jaspers things away. I’m bit worried as have to travel 90 miles bringing Clover home, breeder says he should be ok. Never gone this far before with baby bunny x

• Bryan
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                      9 posts Send Private Message

Clover is so cute!!! Just itching to get to you!! There is no doubt that this will be one of the luckiest bunnies around under your care. In my opinion you honor the memory of Jasper by giving another one of these fuzzy little guys such a loving home. Jasper would want this for you, and for Clover.

• Phil
                                                                                                        Participant

Just collected Jaspers ashes can’t belive that’s all that’s left of my little bunny,im so sad and upset? ?

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                          Participant

I know, I know.  Of course I collected Icey’s ashes much sooner and closer to her death so it has been a long time since then for me to come to terms.  I remember it was about 1 week later but actually getting back something of her essence that was no longer her just opened up a flood of emotion and problematic crying.  Both because it was her but it wasn’t her.  It’s another step in the process.  And truly for me it was disappointing along with depressing and devastating and all of the emotions.  It was hard for me to grasp that she was reduced to such a small amount of ash and that was all that was left.  Of course it makes sense but it was my first pet to have cremated and keep the ashes so I wasn’t prepared for what to expect.  It was just terrible.  It was my baby but not.  Hard to explain other than those simple words.

You will come to terms with this like everything else.  It’s hard.  Takes time.

Now everytime I walk past her little cedar box, as I walk by, I gently run my fingers along the smooth sanded cedar and tell her “Love you sweetie” or “Miss you sweetie” and keep on walking and going about my business.  You do come to terms Phil.  It will be a tough day.

Did you get an urn?  What vessel are his ashes in? 

• Phil
                                                                                                            Participant

He’s in a box where you can put photo in I did order ern they messed it up. I took Jasper on a drive same way came home when I first got him Been talking to him all the way home. Just can’t believe my little darling is now just ashes its awful

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                              Participant

Yes along with everything else, her being given back to me as ashes was a mind bender. Those are her molecules and atoms, just not configured the way I want and not the way I last saw her. And I did talk to her (or at her cedar box containing the ashes) more often at first. Now when I walk past and do the finger brush and tell her I miss and love her it’s more me putting those words and thoughts “out there” to wherever she exists. Because even though the ashes are what remains of her physically, her essence is binkying around elsewhere.

• Phil
                                                                                                                Participant

I got some great pictures of Jasper getting them printed off, when I look at them it so like he’s still with me, can’t belive he’s gone, god i wish he wasn’t.

• Phil
                                                                                                                  Participant

I’ve been feeling so down and really fed up with everything, since picking up my little Jaspers ashes, can’t believe that’s all I have left, dont even think I should get Clover as my hearts just not in it, life’s not same anymore. Never felt so hopeless.

• cheekybuns
                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                    10 posts Send Private Message

Hi Phil, I’m so sorry your beautiful Jasper has gone. I don’t think life is meant to be the same, but we often need a bit of time to catch up. Sometimes I focus on just getting through the next minute. Thinking of you.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                      Participant

Ok Phil. Tough love coming your way here a little later. Just saw this. Don’t have time to write out a deserving response. Have to be somewhere for a while today. Just wanted you to know that people are listening. I am anyway.

• September
                                                                                                                        Participant

Phil..my heart is with you, it really is. I could just cry with you. I remember in the hours after Timothy died, my husband spoke to the vet and they would take him until we decided what to do. It was a choice between cremation or laying him to rest in our garden. I held on to Timothy and screamed I didn’t want either. I wanted him back. I didn’t want him lying in my arms. I wanted him back, alive. I held on to him tight and couldn’t let him go. My husband had to prise him away from me. I’m reliving that time now, and it’s just breaking my heart.

We laid Timothy to rest in our garden. And I struggled really, really bad with it. For a long time I couldn’t disassociate our beautiful bundle of fluff, who a few days before was hopping around, happy and healthy, with his little self now lying in the ground. I couldn’t do it no matter how I tried. One night I even asked my husband to get him out and take him to the vets for cremation. And I meant it at the time. My mind was just nowhere. I was a mess. I didn’t want to go out and leave him, I didn’t want to be at home either. I got a pretty little box and put some of his fur in there, white feathers I found everywhere, his treats, and even some of his poops I’d found. I take that box with me everywhere.

Time has passed, and I am more at peace with it. Not totally, because my imagination sometimes runs away with me when I’m close to his resting place and I just have to switch my thoughts away. If I’m in the garden, I find I don’t focus so much on his grave now, but imagine him hopping around the lawn. That’s coming a bit easier now.

I had so many signs after we lost Timothy. I asked and they came. So very many and I just knew that’s what they were. Phil, it may be very little comfort at the moment, but I believe our bunnies are living on in heaven. And most importantly, we will see them again. You will see Jasper. He isn’t ashes in your little box. His heart and soul are tucked away in a tiny, special place your heart.

I understand how you might be feeling about Clover, but please try not to give up on him. You are a kind person who will love him in your own way, perhaps not like you did Jasper, but you will love him anyway because that’s who you are.

Thinking of you Phil. Please let us know how you are getting on.

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                          Participant

Thank you so much your words meen a lot, Jasper is in my heart and soul for rest of my life. He’s so much alive in my heart. Loved him so much.

• Gina.Jenny
                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                            2244 posts Send Private Message

Trying to find words to help from a shared grief. Collecting the ashes sounds like it has ripped the grief raw, and right now is not the time to think about picking up Clover. In a few days, you may find you feel you can, or maybe in a week or two; grief is a roller coaster journey up and down and all over the place. If the people you are getting Clover from are bunny people, they will understand. Clover will never replace Jasper, but its surprising how much space we bunny (and other pets) folk have in our hearts to accomadate our fur babes, both the ones we can hold and our rainbow bridge ones x

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                              Participant

I’m glad some others have jumped in for you here. You are obviously having a hard time. It’s been a while and you seemed to be getting better and then the ashes. Like Gina.Jenny said, it sounds like the grief has been ripped open again. I remember picking up the ashes too. It was a serious challenge to keep it together at the vets and just pay for the cremation services and pick up the bag like I was at the store paying for and picking up a bag of groceries. And then it was a race to get to the truck because I was about to lose it in public. And then once I got the door shut, the waterworks exploded. I was a mess. And when my wife came home from work she was a mess. And when she opened up the box to see the ashes I distinctly remember her looking up to me with tears in her eyes and disbelief in her voice when she asked, “Is that all there is of her?” It was on a Friday so it was a rough weekend.

I was going to talk to you with the tough love attitude, grab you by your shirt with my fists and drag you out of the mud (so to speak) like a couple of soldiers in the heat of battle to get you to keep moving. But I never know what is right. Everyone is different. Their life, their personality, their experiences, their everything.

All I can do is encourage you to keep moving forward. I know you keep grieving for Jasper and it’s your right to grieve as long as you like. But I also encourage you to not get stuck, be mindful of your thoughts and your grieving. Make sure it’s a healthy grieving that progresses to a point of coping that allows you to live your life productively and happily. I can easily bring on the pain of Icey’s loss and feel the intensity of that loss and cry and weep and be angry and devastated all over again. I’ve done it many times. But for me, after a while, I began to realize or had to realize that I have already cried intensely so many times about everything. I’ve cried about watching her waste away and how unfair it was. I’ve cried about how miserable she might have, must have been. I’ve cried about how precious and frail and cute and loving she was all the way to the end. I’ve cried about how much of what was happening did she comprehend, she must have been so confused. I’ve cried about what if I did something wrong with her diet that precipitated it all (that’s a big one). I cried about what I missed, what the vet missed, why couldn’t I figure this out, why couldn’t someone figure this out. The list is endless. I’ve cried about it all over and over and over again. And because of this exercise of talking about all of this I am intensely crying now.  It is so easy, too easy.

Jasper lived and it was great, awesome. His time here with you was a blessing and you enjoyed it for almost 8 years, just like we did with Icey. But before Jasper, you never knew that Jasper existed, or would exist, or that you would have that special thing you shared. It was in the future. Your life was what it was. You were ignorant of what life had in store around the corner. You had no idea. It came to you and surprised you and you experienced something wonderful beyond words. So don’t allow yourself to get stuck on that loss which may prevent you from experiencing more wonderfulness in your future. Take that life and those memories of little Jasper, and ever so lovingly and gently tuck them into that place in your heart where you can go and visit any time you like. And at the same time step into your future purposefully, not being dragged by the relentlessness of time while being distracted and distraught and missing out.

You have already taken steps to move forward. You have taken steps regarding Clover. You have seen him. You have met him. And I must admit that picture of him that was posted spoke volumes to me. He seemed so interested and curious and engaging, full of life. Just a beautiful little boy. You have begun to prepare your home for him. I truly truly believe Jasper wants you to be happy. Just like if you passed for whatever reason before Jasper, you would want him to be taken care of and filled with joy and love for as long as he could live. You wouldn’t want him to be stuck in misery. Think of what you would want for Jasper, Jasper wants that for you.

The ashes have reopened the wound. Take the time you need. But keep moving forward. I am sure the person keeping Clover will be understanding if you want to pause a bit. Your relationship with Clover will be different than with Jasper as you know and everyone has said many times. It’s supposed to. It would be weird if it wasn’t. He is a different soul. You are a loving rabbit parent. There is that quote that we have all heard that ends with “Grief is just love with no place to go.” Let your love go to Clover. There are members here who swear that they needed their new rabbits to help them get “unstuck”. To get past all the grief. That 2 more weeks of waiting versus 2 more months of waiting wouldn’t have made them any better. Wouldn’t have made a difference. They needed someplace for their love to go.

Okay I’ve gone on way too long. Sorry. Just trying so hard to help. Think about everything. Think about the time you have left here. Think about little Clover and the life you can give him and the unique relationship you will have with him and that he deserves and that he is waiting for. It’s so hard I know. Keep moving forward. Don’t just let your future happen, move toward it purposefully so you can experience more wonderfulness sooner rather than later. For us old guys (always hate to admit it) our time is very limited. Sorry again for going on and on and on and on. We all want wonderful days ahead for you.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you so much, I’ve been putting off getting Jaspers ashes because I always thought it was a mistake he can be dead, its made me realize he really is. Why can such a beautiful happy bunny just go so quickly, still find it so hard everyday, it was nearly 2 years before I got Jasper i nearly didn’t as loosing my Fluffy was also devastating, looking back now 8 years I brought Jasper home and he was so absolutely adorable, made my life so happy again. Without a Bunny I’m empty and lost inside, my brother thinks Clover will help me. Clovers so sweet, I can’t let him go to an uncaring owner, its not fare on him. I love bunnies they seem to know, even in pet store they come to me to say hi.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh Phil I’m so sad to read your post about getting Jaspers ashes.

I agree with Gordo and Janice your relationship with Clover will be different to the one you had with Jasper and Jasper would want you to be happy again.

I have to admit getting my new bunnies have helped me through my grief with Flakie I needed another bunny to love and share my life with. They are not Flakie and will never be Flakie they are little souls who need my love and care to protect them like you will do with Clover.

As Gordo and Janice said keep moving forward. As you said you don’t want Clover going to an uncaring owner and you will love him for who he is.

Perhaps give the lady at the rabbit welfare association you spoke to another call to guide you and give you help and support you need to get through this sad time.

We are always here to listen and help you and we understand your grief. I still cry over my Flakie some days more than others but Basil and Holly bun are just so endearing and adorable like Clover and my heart melts.

Thinking of you x

• September
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Wonderful words from Gordo and it’s spot on. You are grieving hard again. The waves that subsided a little have now come back to hit you full on and it is like loosing Jasper all over again.

I read something called ‘The waves of grief’ and it was so true. It is likened to a shipwreck. One day we are on dry land, surrounded by everything we know, normality, then suddenly, without warning we are in the water. We are going down and down and we can’t breathe. We are drowning and there is nothing to cling on to. Everything we knew, everything that made us happy has gone, smashed to pieces in an instant. For a long time we are fighting our way to the surface, just because we have to. Sometimes it is too hard, and we just want to give up and let the water take us to wherever it wants to take us. Eventually we get to the surface and we float. We will never get out of the water, because our loss put us there, but we can lay on the surface and float along. Gradually, after time, small pieces of our happy life float by, and we can grab onto them and they save us from going under again. Sometimes, when everything is still, out of the blue a large wave will come and hit us and take us down, but we have to fight our way back to the surface again. We know we have to because we have been there, and it is a better place than being deep down under the water.

That big wave has come along and hit you, Phil. It has pulled you deep under the water again. It may take time, it will be hard, but you will recover and you will float.

And, maybe, little Clover will be the lifebouy that will protect you when the waves are too big…….

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Feeling quite sad today, I’ve prepared everything for little clover now, but I feel quite sad not happy, little Jaspers things are put away. Its been very hard doing it. I still feel I’m letting him down somehow, don’t know what to do anymore

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                        Participant

Keep moving forward. If you are just now finishing putting Jasper’s things away then of course you are going to be very sad. Those are definitely “in your face” tangible reminders of him. You’ve prepared for Clover. You’ve met Clover. Bring him home so you can begin your life with him. You’ll always, always miss Jasper. I contributed to a thread this morning about why I loved having a bunny. Makes me miss Icey so much. Like you mentioned, if you had never gotten another bunny after Fluffy, then you would have missed out on your incredible relationship and experience with Jasper. Bring home Clover so you have somewhere for you love to go. I always hate stating this fact but you and I are old which means every passing day, our time, especially our “quality of life” time, is getting shorter. Fill that time we have left with as much happiness, joy, fun, and love as you can. Sooner means more. Later means less. Make good lasting memories. Don’t get stuck, don’t delay too much.

Said it before, the same thing you want for Jasper, Jasper wants for you. You are in no way letting him down. You gave him everything you could. Held nothing back. That’s all anyone could ask from another. There is absolutely, positively not let down of Jasper whatsoever. If anything you are honoring him (not to mention all of bunnyhood) by continuing on to take care of another precious little bunny and giving him a life that no one else could or would.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Phil I agree with everything Gordo and Janice have said keep moving forwards.

I was apprehensive getting new bunnies after Flakie but for me it was the best thing I did. I had so much love to give to another bunny and especially to one who was in a rescue centre waiting and waiting for someone like me to come along.

You are not letting Jasper down you did everything you could for him and like Gordo said you are honouring him by wanting to take care of beautiful Clover.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                            Participant

My life has been so boring and empty without my Jasper, Clover is so sweet but I’m just not sure if I can cope yet.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                              Participant

It’s hard I know. Only you can decide whether you are ready and able to cope with another bunny.

We can only listen and we understand the deep feelings you had for Jasper and that you loved him very much.

Clover is so so lovely. Could the person keeping him keep him for a bit longer perhaps until you are ready?

Think of the happiness little Clover would bring you

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                Participant

She’s keeping him for me another 2 weeks, I already paid for him and lots of other things. Part of me wants him then I just feel so lost without my Jasper. Its hard decision.

• professorzap
                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                  72 posts Send Private Message

Totally understand, Phil. I know when my Betty was put to sleep, I didn’t think I could ever have another bunny. Largely because I felt that no bunny could ever be as loving and awesome as Betty. When I made arrangements to get Benny, I kept wondering if I was making a mistake. What if he wasn’t as great as I was being told? What if I wasn’t done grieving Betty and I regretted it? Then I would have a bunny I wasn’t truly ready for and it might make us both miserable. I’m not sure that I was in the same place emotionally as you are, but now that Benny is here (and has been for almost 2 months), I am so glad that I didn’t let my cold feet stop me from adopting him. He is just as wonderful, in his own way, as Betty. I feel certain that Betty is smiling down on us, happy that I didn’t let my grief stop my joy with another bunny. I personally think that my having a new bunny–with the understanding that he could never be a replacement or the same as Betty–has been somewhat of a salve for my pain of losing Betty. That in no way diminishes what a unique and awesome bunny Betty was, but it further solidifies just how important having a bunny is for me. On top of that, I feel certain that I am a great caregiver for Benny, so he now has a loving fairly bunny savvy “mom.” I think we were both blessed!

• September
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

The thought of not having another bunny in my life at some point in the future seems incomprehensible. I don’t want to feel this way, which I can only describe as ‘lost’, for the rest of my life. And I know it will be that way because, yes, the deep, raw grief and guilt have subsided but what we are left with is an overwhelming feeling that something is missing. We get on with our lives, we have some sort of ‘normality’ on the outside, but there is a sadness deep within us that will never go away. Yes, our beloved bunnies are missing, but it’s more than that. It’s like we hit a wall with our emotions, and time doesn’t make that part better. Only we, ourselves, can fill that void because we have a choice.When we loose our bunnies suddenly, without warning, it sort of makes it a double whammy, because there is no closure. I know that I had much more to give Timothy and it was all snatched from me at 5.20pm on 24th August. I had a heart and soul full of love for him and now I’m in limbo because I can’t shower it on him. Love is caring, and suddenly we have no bunny to care for.

When we lost Timothy, I said I would never, ever have another bunny. Ever. I screamed it to myself. Time has eased that thought.

I can understand your indecision, Phil, but you have a tiny bond with Clover. You have named him, you have looked at his lovely little face and he’s looked back at you. The bond is tiny, but it’s there. I also think that if you decided against taking him, he would also be on your mind, along with Jasper, wondering where he was, what sort of home he eventually went to, if he was having the same love and care that you would give him. Clover will be a very lucky bunny for you to be his carer.

You know when things get tough you can come here. Keep talking. We understand.

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you so much exactly how I feel completely lost, I was so happy and content at home with my Jasper, everyday stress of life melted away. Nothing else mattered, lost and lonely empty, is just how I feel now, I will wonder what happens to Clover, I worry every time I see a bunny for sale, will they go to a good home and be loved as they all deserve. X

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

I’ve decided to get Clover spoke to breeder today I’m picking him up 1 st June, he’s a very happy bunny been running around her garden doing binkys, how can I possibly let him go to someone else, September your so right I will always wonder what happened to him if I don’t have him he’s so adorable, so full of life just like Jasper when I first got him been very tough deciding, I’ve gotta bring him 90 miles home bit worried

• Bunny House
                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                          1241 posts Send Private Message

Phil, Ive been reading your story. I am so glad you are bringing Clover home. Of course he can’t replace your baby but he can only bring more love into your house and make more memories. You are the best dad that Clover can have because you seem so loving, I hope he brings you so much joy in your house. And he is adorable by the way

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thank you so much, ile tell Clover all about Jasper every day, and how much I love all bunnies. X

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Phil I’m so glad you have decided to get Clover. Clover will love to hear about Jasper every day I’m so pleased you have made your decision.

I look forward to hearing all about him and lots of pictures he is an adorable little bunny and will bring you much love into your life.

Hope to hear all about him when he arrives on the 1st of June.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I can only say ‘thank you’, Phil. Thank you for giving this little man a wonderful life. Bunnies time on earth is short and so precious and they derserve only the best. You are the best.

Think of Clover as Jasper’s baby brother. Out of all the people in the world, Jasper would have wanted his baby brother to be with you and I am sure, in the end, he guided you to Clover, because he sees your sadness. “Please dad, take him” is what he’s saying. It is meant to be, believe me.

Xxxx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Arr thank you September and Flakie, your words meen so much xxx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I’m feeling quite apprehensive, two weeks till I get Clover, been feeling very upset today keep seeing Jasper as he used to be binkying around my flat, just like he’s still here, god I hope I’m doing right thing bringing new bunny into Jaspers home, seems very strange.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

I understand you Phil. I see Timothy everywhere and I try to imagine another bunny in the house and it is difficult. But you have taken that next step and it’s a step that everyone who has ever loved and lost a bunny desperately wants to take. I know I do, but circumstances aren’t just right at the moment.

Jasper will always be with you, so you can’t ever ‘replace’ him. When Clover is in your home, Jasper will be there too. You know that, and you can bet that Clover will know too. I always think that the times when we are saddest are the times when our angel bunnies are closest to us. We cry because we feel and sense them with us, but we can’t see them.

There is a gift given to us to help us with our grief. Time…… And the emotions you are feeling right now are all negative. Grief, guilt, apprehension, uncertainty. Time, (and Clover), will hopefully change those thoughts to positive ones.

Send us lots of stories of Clover so that we can share him with you and be his aunties and uncles !!?

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thank you September, I feel so upset today, been getting home ready for Clover, I even got rid of an old chair which was very hard to do as Jasper used to sit on it. Been 4 months today I last saw Jasper when I left him at vets, feels more like he’s here with me than ever before, I miss him so very much, why did he have to go, its so very hard still x

• September
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

My day has been like that today. I was falling asleep last night and I saw Timothy lying on the hearth, one of his favourite places. It was sort of a dream, but not, if you know what I mean. Then this morning I woke up and I was saying sorry to him again. And even saying sorry to his proper bunny mummy and daddy for not doing my best for him and letting him go to the Bridge too soon, when we weren’t ready. Didn’t bode well for the rest of the day.

Four months is no time at all. Everything is still raw for you. It’s nine months for me, and it still seems unreal. I can only say, Phil, that even if Clover brings a teeny tiny bit of joy back to your life, and I’m sure he will, you will never regret taking him.

And Jasper will always be with you. For ever. You know why? Because you can’t let him go.

Xxx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Ile never let him go. still wish I’d never taken him to vet to die without me with him I still can’t believe what happened. P

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I feel your sadness too Phil it’s been 4 months since my Flakie passed over the rainbow bridge too.

I too have a chair that Flakie sat on and played with his blanket in his senior years. I still see it as his chair and have a little pouch above it with his fur in it. I still find bits of fur despite cleaning it. I sometimes sit in it with my morning cuppa and see his grave in the garden.

As september said things are still raw but hopefully Clover will bring you much joy and you will have many happy times with him.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Thank you, I took Jaspers chair into woods near me, as I just couldn’t dump it, its hidden from view behind at large tree hope it stays there forever , a little bird tweeted by it, I even cried leaving it. Its so upsetting still.

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

Posting this for Phil: 

This is Jasper’s ashes and memorial:

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Phil. Think about you regularly. That is a well chosen picture. I like your memorial. It was hard for me at first with Icey’s ashes. But now I just caress the smoothness of her vessel with love as if it was her when I walk by.

I really can’t wait to hear about Clover and all the new and wonderful things you two will experience together. Beginning of June, right?

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Its just like he should still be here, his memorial is by my bed, I look at him every time I go to bed such a beautiful bunny Jasper was, still so like he’s alive when I see his picture, I miss him so much, just hope I’m doing right thing getting Clover on 1st June. Seems still a bit daunting

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

What a lovely memorial picture of your Jasper what a handsome bunny.

I have all of my four bunnies pictures on my iPad and phone as screensavers and see my Poppy, Flakie, Basil and Holly everyday.

Getting my two new bunnies has helped me a lot to give my love to another bunny that might not have had as much love as anyone else would have given them.

I can’t wait like Gordo to hear all about Clover when you get him in June.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Only two days before I collect Clover, I’ve been finding it very hard to do, prepared his home, but I still feel very apprehensive about it, I still wish it was my Jasper comeing home Friday instead, I’ve been very sad this week, just hope I’m doing right thing.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thinking of you Phil. I sort of envy you in some ways in accepting a new bunny into your life. It’s something I need to do at some point because there is a horrible emptiness now and it isn’t going away. You loved Jasper beyond measure so we all understand how difficult this is. I put myself in your position and I often wonder if i had another bunny, would I always see Timothy when I look at him, and maybe that is what you are thinking too, which is adding to your apprehension. Clover needs and derserves a good life, and you can give that to him.

I’ve no bunny in my life at the moment, so I would be happy to hear about Clover every day and share him with you!!

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I’ve been in a daze allday getting Clover tomorrow, but I’m still feeling sad about it and pritty scared, feel it should be my Jasper coming back to his home, not a new bunny, don’t think I’m strong enough to handle it. Miss my Jasper so much, feels very strange.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

You got this Phil. Put your energy into Clover. Making sure he is taken care of and comfortable. Spend time with him. Get to know him. Everything else will fall into place.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Everyone here is with you Phil. I know how much you want Jasper back, because I am exactly in that place with Timothy. I miss him more than I could ever explain. I loved him so much, and I couldn’t explain that to anyone either. So I don’t, except here. People here at this forum know. So you aren’t alone in all this. We are there for you. And you are doing something that many of us ache to do, letting another little precious bunny into your life.

Remember, you are not new to this. You gave Jasper many good years, and 8 is really a wonderful age. Even so, young or old, we are never prepared.

It is daunting, but the apprehension and worry you feel will soon melt away once Clover is home with you.

It is 1st June, and you may have him now. Give him a cuddle from me xx

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Welcome home Clover.

I hope he brings you joy and comfort. Remember, it’s not disloyal to Jasper. We all know how desperately you miss him.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Thank you everyone, I’m not feeling to good today, been up all night worrying, still feel very apprehensive its my jaspers home, I have to give Clover a loving home as he might go to a sad life without me. I’m torn in two at moment. Let you know how it goes. I’m off now to get Clover x

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Hi Phil you probably already have collected Clover today I’ve been thinking about you.

No need to worry you will love Clover he is such a lovely bunny and will give you lots of happy moments.

I was apprehensive about getting Holly and Basil after Flakie died I’ve had them now since mid March and I wouldn’t be without them. They keep me busy every day and are right wee characters just like Clover will be for you.

Look forward to hearing how he’s settling in and seeing all your lovely pictures.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Just got him he’s so adorable, just hope 90 miles home is ok for him.

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Eek, how exciting! Baby bunnies are pretty resilient to things like drives. I brought poor little Nimbus home on a 3 hour train journey and he was fine Just offer water and hay

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Yes! Excited for you Phil. You and Clover both!

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Very exited for you too. He will be fine on the journey. Just speak to him and let him know you are there for him and about the wonderful life he now has with you.

Wishing you and Clover safe travels

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

I’m excited for you too. So looking forward to hearing lots about Clover!

A pee pad in the carrier is practical. And I agree you should speak to him during the ride home.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Clovers home now quite a day, he’s in his pen but seems bit quiet,been exploring, eaten some hay, but not drunk or pooped yet, he’s so adorable, never replace my Jasper but he is so lovely. X

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Glad you guys are finally home together. Brings a smile to my face. You’ve done very good Phil. With regard to everything, you’ve done right on all levels. Sure would like to see some more pictures of little Clover. Lucky little guy….

And truly, Jasper is sooo proud of you. I am too. You have honored him in the utmost way.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

So glad you are both home safely Phil.

It will take him time to get used to his new surroundings a big change for him and you to have a youngster running about the house. I forgot how fast young ones are !!!

He will never replace your Jasper he was unique to you but as you said Clover is adorable and he is lovely and you are already bonding with him.

I wish you both lots of happiness and keep us up to date with his progress and we are all here if you need us.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Gosh, it’s like we’ve all been expectant parents, awaiting the new arrival! So pleased it all went well and that Clover is home, safe and sound. Can’t wait to hear more about him.

Xxx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Thank you September, Flakie, Bam, Gordo and Janice, you helped me so much about getting Clover, he’s such a beautiful adorable bunny, love him already x

• OnyxMoon
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              260 posts Send Private Message

Congrats Phil! I can’t wait to read updates about little Clover, i know Jasper is with you both.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Little Clover settled in now, he was bit nervous, now he’s been jumping all over me and my flat, so much energy, so glad I got him. Little sweety.

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Awesome Phil! So happy for the both of you. Sounds and looks [by the only picture I’ve seen of him (hint, hint)] like a little sweetie. Wish you both many many happy fulfilling days and years ahead. Keep posting!

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

So pleased to hear Clover is happy in his new home. And I think you knew any concerns you had would disappear once you got him. Because that’s what bunnies do best! They sure know how to make things right with the world. And he will definitely keep you busy.

And I know this was a Rainbow Bridge thread about loosing your darling Jasper, but I think it would most fitting to still come here and talk about Clover. It’s like sharing him with Jasper too and making him part of Jaspers story.

We look forward to hearing about his naughtiness, because if I remember correctly, there was a lot of that going on with a baby bun!

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Got loads of pictures but don’t know how to post them directly, bam did last onrs

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Moderator

Posting for Phil: Here’s little Clover drinking from his sippy-bottle. 

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

When I saw bam posted I was hoping it was a picture! Clover has already grown so. Thirsty baby! He looks good Phil. There is a look in his eye and his posture of belonging and being at home and comfortable. Love it.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

I’m my Phil Clover is absolutely gorgeous ❤️

So glad he is settling in and jumping about. They have so much energy at that age.

What a lovely colour he is and those ears aw so so cute, and as Gordo and Janice said he has grown already.

I’m so pleased everything has worked out for you and look forward to hearing about his mischievousness and more pictures of him.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Clover is beautiful Phil. I’m a tiny bit envious! I hope he has help mend a little bit of your broken heart, and I’m sure you will both have many happy years together. Send more photos if you can so that we can see more of his beautiful colouring.

Xx

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Just to let everyone know, my little Clover has made such a difference to my life, I love him so much so glad I got him, helped me feel more settled now, I miss my Jasper still, but now I have my new little bunny who is so wonderful. Phil

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

That is just over the top great Phil. I knew you guys would flourish. You are too loving a person for it not to be so. I think the both of you are very lucky. Thanks for taking the difficult steps to make it all happen. I kind of live my rabbit life vicariously through everyone here right now. Your moving forward through it all and taking in Clover and the success of everything rewards me as well. Thanks for the update. They are always welcomed.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I’m so thrilled Phil that Clover has made a huge difference to your life and that you love him and are more settled.

He is absolutely adorable and will give you lots and lots of happiness. You have given him a wonderful home with you and I’m so glad you made the decision to have him in your life.

Please keep in touch with us all
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Look forward to hearing all the updates about him I’m so happy for you x

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator

Two more delightful pictures of sweet little Clover 

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

YES!!! Bam = Clover pics! He is so adorable! I just want to climb into the photos and get on the floor with him and play. Love it! Looks like you have really hooked him up in bunny world in the background there! Again so happy for the both of you. It makes for a good day in the mind of Gordo!

• Sirius&Luna
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Isn’t he gorgeous! I’m so glad he’s helping you to feel happier. What a lucky little guy Clover is.

• Flakie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Love the pictures of Clover what a sweet little face he has. You must be so happy Phil !!!

Lots of good sized healthy Pooh there too lol. As bunny owners we do get obsessed with pooh ??. It gets inspected daily ! Work colleagues must think I’m mad but they do know how much I love my bunnies and all bunnies too.

Fab to see him doing so well Phil aw what a cutie pie x

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Thank you all, he’s so friendly too he licks me everyday, most adorable bunny he is x

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Ahh, what a darling! And such a beautiful harlequin sort of colouring. I see Clover and my heart aches to have a bunny back in my life. I’m sure it will happen one day. And yes, the poops…..Timothy would jump out of his litter tray suddenly and they would fly everywhere and I’d be cursing…but I would give anything to go back to those days..

I’m so happy for you Phil, and Jasper will be too. Despite your worries, you instinctively knew Clover was the one, and it’s all good now. I’m so pleased for you.

Best wishes
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Xx

• DarwinForever
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  22 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry about the loss of your very special, very handsome Jasper, but I am very very happy to see that you have invited a new friend into your life that you can share all that love in your heart with. I hope that you and Clover are enjoying your lives together so far. What a cute little baby!

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Thank you Clovers a little sweety, I’m so glad I got him, it was very difficult as Jasper meant so much to me, but now my little Clover is a very special bunny, I never thought I could get over loss of Jasper, Clover has helped me so much. I love him so much already. X

• DarwinForever
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      22 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Phil on 7/16/2018 3:13 PM

Thank you Clovers a little sweety, I’m so glad I got him, it was very difficult as Jasper meant so much to me, but now my little Clover is a very special bunny, I never thought I could get over loss of Jasper, Clover has helped me so much. I love him so much already. X

That is so great to hear.  Clover is way too cute <3

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Moderator

Posting for Phil, new Clover-picture 

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Bam strikes again! He is a maturing boy Phil! Handsome! My how time flies. It’s been a little over a month and a half now. Always glad to see pictures of little Clover.

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

He’s a beaut, Phil. You must be so proud.

• Phil
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Everyone thinks he’s very beautiful and amazing colors, think he should be entered for bunny competition he’s such a little darling x

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

New Jasper picture! Somebunny has grown quite a lot 

That nose was made for kissing! 

• Gordo and Janice
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Phil, looks like you are feeding him “very well”. All kidding aside, he has definitely grown. Looks perfectly happy and healthy. And look at how long those whiskers appear!

• Bam
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

February 26 is Clovers birthday, and Phil sent me a picture of him for us all to enjoy. 

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Clover! I’m pretty sure Phil made it a very special day for you 

(I’m sorry about the delay.)

• Bunny House
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      1241 posts Send Private Message

Happy late birthday cutie!

• September
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Happy belated birthday Clover ????. You are beautiful xxx

Viewing 137 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE jasper