Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE January Chat Thread

Viewing 78 reply threads
  • Author
    • FluffyBunny
      Participant
      1263 posts Send Private Message

Nobody else made one, so I figured I’d go ahead and do it.

So, what’s going on so far in 2011 for you BBers? 

• LittlePuffyTail
        18092 posts Send Private Message

I hope my New Year’s Eve and day is not a foretelling of the year to come! I had New Year’s Eve plans but I ended up at the hospital all night! Friday during they day I started getting little pains in my chest every 5 to 10 minutes. I just ignored it all day but it kept getting worse and my Mom suggested I go to the hospital to get checked out. I worry when stuff like this happens because I take a lot of meds and have to be on the lookout for side effects. So I was at the hospital, waiting and waiting….and waiting….my party came and went. Finally the doctor saw me and sent me for a bunch of tests, blood tests and cardiograms. All came back fine. He said it must be some sort of muscle spasm and that my heart is fine so not to worry. I spent all New Years Day in bed sleeping because I was home so late. Just was just really bad luck because it’s the first New Year’s in ages I actually had plans!!!

So today I’m just taking it easy. Enjoying BB with Olivia on the couch with me. Later I’m going to start taking my Christmas decs down since I usually do this on the first. And I gotta open my Cute Overload Page-A-Day calendar! What a great way to start every day!

• FluffyBunny
          Participant

That’s awful! Must have been awful missing the party. I’m glad that you don’t have anything serious.

I’m quite happy today. I found out a few days ago that not only am I going to receive an extra $860 per month, I’m going to start getting it in February! Also, the snow (and -15 degree temperatures) finally cleared up where I live, so I’m going to go try out the bicycle I got for Christmas today.

• Monkeybun
            Participant
            10479 posts Send Private Message

I need a table. A nice, sturdy, larger table for my jewelry stuff. the little one i have by my computer desk just… doesn’t work. Is too small, and my thread is always catching on the corners >.< Because of it, I haven't been able to finsih a bracelet I was making for a friend for Christmas. Was getting frustrated at my thread fraying *cry*

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

Bad thread   naughty thread.   Shame on the thread.

Glad it was nothing serious.  The ER takes an average of 4 hours.  I been there enuf times.  Could have been a muscle spasm.  Do you have asthma?    Or a panic attack.   That would be weird to have a panic attack all day though.   Sometimes that can make your chest hurt and I get short of breath too.  

OH ok the Dr. said was probably a muscle spasm. 

We are having a hard time here too.  The neighbor called housing on us so now we got a serious problem and may have to move out.  Going to be really hard to find a place to live our income. 

• Momto3boys
                Participant
                123 posts Send Private Message

LittlePuffyTail, where are you at in NB?? I am in NB as well, how cool is that?!?!?!

I’m glad it was nothing serious *HUGS*
                  FluffyBunny, more money is always awesome!
                  Monkeybun…you should get Fluffybunny to buy you a new table with all her extra money (haha).
                  And that sucks bunnytowne Hopefully you don’t have to move out.

I had a brand new nephew born on New Year’s Eve and my Grandmother also passed away on New Years Eve
                  Besides that it’s been pretty quiet around here! Getting ready now to go for a walk then off to work I go.

• LoveChaCha
                  Participant
                  6634 posts Send Private Message

Both my jobs suck. Plain and simple

My dad and I are getting ready to move. We’ll be moving the heavy stuff (my friend’s fiancee will be doing the heavy lifting with my dad)) on the 16th and taking smaller boxes and stuff on the 17th and 18th.

Chacha and I will be moving into the new apartment on the 16th. I’m super excited for her to have her own sun room  My dad says since the apartment is more compact (moving from a 1700 sq ft house to a 1000 sq ft apartment) Chacha can roam around the entire place  she will be super happy happy. I has to bunny proof the TV area beforehand..

• LittlePuffyTail

Momto3boys- That is cool! I’m in Moncton. Where are you?

• jerseygirl
                      22345 posts Send Private Message

BT, what has happened? Surely they don’t just boot people out. You have a chance to try resolve whatever it is won’t you. *worried!*

Bad thread naughty thread. Shame on the thread.

I thought you meant this forum thread for a second. I was confused!

• Momto3boys
                        Participant

I’m in Campbellton, but I’m from Sussex, my Dad and brother are still in Sussex and my Mom lives in Moncton, we get down once a year.

That’s awesome we’re only 3 hrs away from each other. I have to get my rabbit food from Moncton, it’s the closest place that sells Oxbow so I stock up when we go down or when Mom comes up.

I have no clue why everything I write is in boxes….I’ll figure out this forum one of these days

• GrumpyBun
                          Participant
                          643 posts Send Private Message

Momto3boys – you’ve tried to quote and then written inside the quote. I do it all the time, drives me mad.

• Michelle&Lolli
                            Participant
                            2347 posts Send Private Message

I am stilling healing from the surgery. So i haven’t been doing much. I drove for the first time Saturday night. Went out to eat with a friend, then got a few groceries. Found out I can’t drive a whole lot. I didn’t drive very far, but it aggravated my spine and maked it hurt. But that’s good cause now I know my limit with that. I just won’t be driving a lot since I really don’t want to make my back hurt since I can only take tylenol and advil for pain. lol

I’ve been hanging out with Her Royal Highness Miss Lollipop. She’s doing good. I got worried about her cause she was really lethargic and seemed to be sleeping more than usual. But I think it was just from the weather. It had been overcast and rainy and we both get lethargic and sleepy when it’s like that. LOL I never really thought animals would be affected by the weather as well. Or maybe she’s just picking up on my moods, etc. Who knows. lol

• Momto3boys
                              Participant

Good to know Grumpybun, LOL
                                bunbuns1, hopefully you feel like yourself again soon, I don’t know what kind f surgery you had but it sounds serious.

People are going to have to put their names in the signatures until I get to know them all, drives me crazy calling people by their nicknames

• Monkeybun
                                Participant

Only a couple of people on here know my real name, you’ll never see it in any of my signatures anywhere

• jerseygirl

Aww…but we like referring to each other by shortened versions of our screen names. Lol

We might have to start calling you “Mom” for instance. heheh

I actually met up with some binky bunners today. I had to keep correcting myself and use their real names!

• Momto3boys
                                    Participant

I could do shorter versions of nicknames…my real name is Brandy, I don’t care who knows it

Sweet….that would be awesome meeting up with fellow binky bunners…how fun is that?!?!

• FluffyBunny
                                      Participant

Who did you meet up with, JG?

• jerseygirl

Kafrn and AV (angelicvampyre) They are great! We could of allowed ourselves some more time to chat though. Kafrns lives in same State and not that far from me. AV had come from interstate for a small holiday. She drove over with 90kg of haycubes for us! That’s almost 200lbs! (I spoil you Americans by doing the conversions for you.)

Fluffy, did you ever do any meet-up for that spring fling thing?

• FluffyBunny
                                          Participant

Posted By jerseygirl on 01/03/2011 09:53 AM
                                            Fluffy, did you ever do any meet-up for that spring fling thing?

Unfortunately, no. I couldn’t figure out whether or not any BBers would be there, and I didn’t know who to look for.

That’s nice of angelicvampyre to brig all those hay cubes!

• jerseygirl

That’s a shame. Well, there’s always next year. No wait! This year!

This is about the 3rd night I’ve been up til 5 am. My sleep patterns are so out of whack. I ineveitably end up on BB.com.
                                              Do me a favour guys? Note the time where you are now and if you see me posting on here around that time in the future, tell me to GO TO BED!

• FluffyBunny
                                              Participant

Oh, staying up until 5 AM isn’t too unusual!

…Right?

• Monkeybun
                                                Participant

I was like that too, so over the last couple weeks i’ve been inching my schedule back into a normal one… unfortunately, now I’m at the other end of it, waking up too damn early lol. 4 am is evil… i did sleep in til 7 this morning lol.

• Momto3boys
                                                  Participant

5am??? Good lord I’d be dead! I’m lucky if I can stay up past 11pm, hahaha

BUT I work nights, I stay with a 93 yr old lady 5 nights a week, I am off Mon and Wed nights. Then I babysit Mon-Thurs from 8-5 and in the Summer time I babysit 7 days a week…plus my pets, my own boys and hubby, I am like a walking zombie, haha

The kids just came in from playing out in the snow, so they’re eating cookies and hot chocolate so it gives me a few mins to check in on here
                                                    I started dieting on New Years…I had 6 cookies left in the freezer that I thought I would cook for the boys (my own 3 and the 2 I babysit) so that takes up 5 cookies and I couldn’t decide if I should eat the 6th cookie or not when the smoke started rolling out of the oven, I burnt them black so that solved the cookie dilemma, haha so they had to eat store bought cookies which I don’t want so it’s all good.

• LoveChaCha
                                                    Participant

Mom3boys, you burnt the cookies?  Lol! I hate dieting  I try to eat fruit as snacks, but I don’t deprive myself if I want a cookie (or two).

Monkeybun, no wonder I see you on FB posting so early in the morning  LOL! What time are you sleeping nowdays?

Tomorrow, my dad and I have an appointment at the apartment we want to move into. The worker is going to see if we qualify for it. Meh. I hope that we do. What a pain in the butt process. It is either a YES, A BIG FAT DECLINE, or YES with EXCEPTIONS 

I spoke to the worker about having a rabbit there. On the website, it says no exotics are allowed. I spoke to her a few months ago with my dad and she said she won’t charge me because it is “Just a rabbit.”  Okie, I’ll take that…  

If my dad and I are approved for the apartment, I am going to take a look at the gym the apartment has. If it has stuff that I work out on, I am going to cancel my gym membership to save money.

I have friends that are coming over this Saturday to help me pack stuff in the garage. Man, there is a TON of stuff that needs to be donated

Boyfriend is leaving back to school this Friday  It seemed like his break went very fast

• jerseygirl

6am. I figured I may as well just stay up, feed the buns their morning pellets then go to bed. I shall dream of burnt cookies and moving boxes. :p

p.s. there’s a mouse in the office.  When I came home after dinner, my back door was open. I think it just wasn’t shut properly and blew open while I was out. Who knows when it happened. The buns where inside when I got home. I think maybe this lil mouse might have taken the chance to come in.

• LoveChaCha
                                                        Participant

Oh, reading binkybunny before bed will give you binkybunny dreams

jersey, I heard that you had lunch at the spuds place How is it?

Speaking of things getting into a house or an office.. I went to the bathroom downstairs this morning after feeding Chacha her breakfast pellets. I saw a spider in the TUB!! I thought spiders were NON EXISTANT in the winter?!!

• Momto3boys
                                                          Participant

Yup….I burnt the cookies, so I guess that was my sign that I wasn’t supposed to eat one

I don’t know how you can stay up all night JG…I would be holding my eyelids up with toothpicks by now

• jerseygirl

I should clarify…the buns are always in the house when I’m out. When I saw the door open I thought they might have been outside in the dark. Thankfully they weren’t and my yard is secure. I was wary about mosquitoes though. I don’t want them exposed when the mossies are bad!

Britt, we had tea there. Free spuds! Thanks Kafrn! It was goood and I felt like I was eating healthy which I haven’t done much of lately. It was nice to be there and chat. Time flies when you talk bunnies!

• jerseygirl

7am. That’s*yaaaaaawn* it! G’night,G’day. whatever. I’m off to dream about spuds, chacha buns and pink chickens.

• LoveChaCha
                                                                Participant

XD Chacha is sleeping right now! Good morning/night!

• bunnytowne
                                                                  Participant

Well JG.   Fouad put boxes of food on the porch.  I kept telling him you can’t  do that.  We can get kicked out for that.  Nope doesn’t listen.  Then I got sick.   Couldn’t do anything about it myself.  I shouldn’t have to.    IT was there for like a month.  HE said oh it is cold out we got a natural refrigerator. 

I feel so upset he doesn’t respect me enuf to listen to me when I tell him we can get kicked out don’t do such n such.  

So after a while the bananas were attacting bugs and Fouad also got sick.   The neighbor told him he has to move that.  Realizing he was sick his voice was bad she said wait til you get well.   Then she turns around and calls housing a few days later.

Here comes one of the housing ladies of course. I got Fouad outta bed to deal with this since he doesn’t listen to me.  Ok he has to move it. Well it was evening.  We didn’t want to mess with it was getting dark.  So he left it. 

Now if I move it I will throw it out cuz most of it has gone bad.  If I do that he yells at me.  Now I don’t want that in my house either so I left it.  

Next day here comes the same housing lady.  Taking pictures.  I had just gotten Fouad outta bed to see about this n he goes n  takes a shower n will be out shortly.   Fortunately I had already started throwing some of those boxes of stuff out so not as much was on film.  

Was told housing will be over same day to see n come in and see the inside too. They never showed up.  Then code enforcement are coming.  Then the stuff will be sent to the housing CEO.   Gee thanks Fouad. 

OH did I ever chew him out.  I been so mad.  I feel like if we get kicked out I should just leave and go to louisiana and live with my mother.  Then I won’t have to put up with this nut I married.   HE had food issues.  HE hoards food.  HE gets so much it goes bad.  He gets it out the dumpster.    I tell him not to take so much.  Doesn’t listen so it comes here n goes bad.  I can’t throw it out he gets mad no I want that.  HE goes n eats it or throws it outside in the woods making a compost pile.   You can’t do that here.  Beats head against the wall.

But of course I care for him and love him.   HE can also be fined for breaking the rules here.  I told him if you are you are paying it ALL.  I didnt do this I told you what would happen and you brought more boxes of food up there.  I didn’t cause this you did.   You pay for it.

so JG  thats the storey.   I know I should leave this guy but I care about him and he can be so kind.  We like a lot of the same things.  But his hoarding of food is something I have a hard time with.  

Tell you what tho next time something like this starts that can threaten us living here I am going to talk to his brother and he will straighten Fouad out.   I should have done this in the first place. Then we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Hope you all have a wonderful new year with great jobs n wonderful places to live with healthy buns

• bunnytowne
                                                                    Participant

My FB page is Ruby’s place to hop

I don’t even use my real name there.   I seldom every use my real name anywhere.   Don’t know why.  Just  like privacy I guess.  

Up at 5am  and 4 am.      I been sleeping til 11 am.  

Got up at 7 am 2x in a row.  I just got up cuz my mind wouldn’t shut off.  Went back to bed at 9 and slept good.    Ok JG if I see you on BB I will tell you to go to bed   after I figure out your time and mine   lol

• jerseygirl

Gosh, I’m sorry BT. This is completely stressful for you! Have you gone to talk to Housing in person? Is there any sort of counselling available to you that can help?  This sort of hoarding is a real condition and is really stressful for the hoarder and the family involved.

• Kafrn
                                                                        Participant
                                                                        747 posts Send Private Message

Britt – spiders come out to mate in winter and all the babies come out and build webs in summer. This is why u see more spiders in summer. Beware winter spiders they can be more ago coz they’re out looking for a hot male spider.

AV and jersey are awesome. I had such a great time, could have chatted all night! Sadly I was asleep by 11. I’m such a loser lol.
                                                                          Free spuds and nachos for BB members!!!

• ScooterandAnnette
                                                                          Participant
                                                                          1090 posts Send Private Message

I’m signed up for a fitness bootcamp starting next week. Hope I survive it!
                                                                            – Annette

• LoveChaCha
                                                                            Participant

I’m so sorry BT I hope that something can be done about your hubby. He is putting not just himself but you at risk for food poisioning

Jerseygirl, do you ever sleep? I know I bugged Katharine for you to get a facebook *nudge nudge nudge*

Kafrn, I’ll take a nachos with meat and cheese.. and .. *drool*

• Kafrn
                                                                              Participant

*ahem* Sour Cream?

• jerseygirl
                                                                                Moderator

& beetroot?

• Momto3boys
                                                                                  Participant

Wow BT, that’s really sad and scary. I really hope he gets the help he needs *HUGS* to you.

I’m awake and I don’t want to be…just waiting for the kids I babysit to show up, my kids are still home on Christmas vacation so that makes 5 kids for the day…then they leave at 5, we eat supper, I have to help clean the rink (community center tonight) then off to sit with the elderly lady for the night…*yawns* I’m tired already!

• RabbitPam
                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                    11002 posts Send Private Message

BT, I’m so sorry! I didn’t see this until this morning. He has been so volatile with you over the past couple of years, that I can understand your temptation to throw in the towel. You are always being threatened by neighbors, too, who just seem mean and spiteful. I’m wondering if someone can help, like a social worker, that can address several issues at once. You could use a bit of marriage counseling, because HE needs counseling to stop this seriously dangerous behavior with food. If it’s garbage, ie. in a dumpster, it is no longer food. Period. He also runs very hot and cold with you (remember the hard time with the computer last year?) If you think his brother can straighten him out on this, talk to him now. Not next time. A man will listen to someone he chooses to listen to, and if his brother is that person and you have a good relationship with his brother, then call him.

You do not have a choice when it comes to housing. If you work with a social worker and the Housing Authority that keeps being called to threaten you guys, then you can work out a plan where you are allowed to live there and abide by the rules (including being allowed 2 quiet, clean bunnies), and the neighbors can be told to back off. If he is breaking the rules, they can check up on you, not the neighbors. But this constant threat of eviction is really bad for you, and for your health. I just think you guys need some help and understanding. His issues are more complex than one incident, so a trained social worker may be able to counsel you both and get things more secure for you. Am I being a cockeyed optimist here?

• bunnytowne
                                                                                      Participant

Nachos   Cheese    I will be right over.

I tried calling the housing lady.  I got her machine.  I have talked to them b4 about just me staying here if worse comes to worse.   As long as I and Fouad seperate it should not be a problem.

I tried to get him to counseling.   Of course he won’t go.  He asked I not tell his bro about dumpster diving.

This has come to a stop.  We have plenty of canned food   veggies n such.  Just be satisfied with that.  If not go buy some food.  No more of this nonsense.

Then we go to get lemons n some other stuff.   They are expensive and he says lets go see if they have any out back meaning the dumpster. 

I didn’t let him get anything.  It is nasty.   things are in garbage bags you don’t want that.  Got napkins n stuff in there.  You don’t know what them people got.   Blow their nose in there or what.  I am not touching that.

This is it.  I refuse to stay if he continues this.  And  I will tell his family why too.

Was told housing is coming the day the lady in charge came.  They will come inside.   Haven’t seen anyone.   Who knows.

Watching Punishment agian about the history of punishment.  The inquisitions.  Gosh the mind of the people who came up with these awful tortures.  Glad we dont’ do that anymore.  They had devices that would stretch your jaw til it broke.  All sorts of horrible stuff

• Momto3boys
                                                                                        Participant

Does he only hoard food?

I doubt he’ll change his ways unless he gets professional hope. Does all of his family know that he hoards food? I have absolutely no experience with this at all since I am complete opposite and throw everything in the garbage, I hate clutter, I hate knick knacks and we don’t eat left overs or anything so it all goes in the garbage…but I’ve watched hoarding shows and realize it’s a serious thing…honestly if you leave him I doubt it will make him stop. I wish there was some way you could make him see that he needs help.

• bunnytowne
                                                                                          Participant

I hate clutter too.   HE will hang on to the same style blender he had 3.   they are so old.   He was keeping them for when his nephew got married.  HE won’t want them they are so old .

His truck is full of stuff I won’t let him bring these things in the house.  Gosh if we get in an accident all this stuff is going to be flying around.  Yikes.

Can’t sit or lie down in the back seat.   He will clear it out once n a while.   I get to lie down when my back hurts.  Next time we go somewhere the back seat is filled up again. 

IT is hard to live with.   I keep thinking how much stress and relief I would feel if I didn’t have to deal with this.   I used to throw stuff out when he went to Orlando.    He would ask where is such n such.   Uh I don’t know.  If I told him he would get mad. HE got wise tho.   He tells me if I throw something of his out he will throw something of mine out. He keeps broken stuff.  In his truck. lol

My house is not like that though.  I won’t let it. 

No I don’t think his family knows.  His bro is a clutterbug.  But he doesn’t hoard. Just a bunch of mail n papers in his truck.  Not stuff he picks up on the side of the road or the thrift store dumpster.

My mom really wants me to go to louisiana to spend time together b4 she gets too old n sick or something.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                            Moderator

With regards to BB members meeting up, when I win the lottery (not IF but WHEN) I’ll fly out all you regulars to NB, rent a banquet hall and we will have us an awesome bunny bash! 

My goal for the New Year (and my bunnies better help me too): Not to see my vet until Easter. Last year was really bad, way too many visits with my buns and with my cat being hospitalized. My bf is a house framer so he will be laid off for the next few months so cash will be short. Healthy Bunnies!!! Healthy Bunnies!!!!

• bunnytowne
                                                                                              Participant

LPT  I can’t wait.  

YEs healthy pets healthy pets

Gosh there is something I wanted to get up n do and I can’t remember what it was.   Figures.

Been checking out ereaders.   Gosh those things are expensive. 

• Kafrn
                                                                                                Participant

My new goal is to win the lotto. Thanks LPT!!! Where is NB? Can we meet at Disneyland??? I wanna go there!!!!!

• GrumpyBun
                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                  643 posts Send Private Message

@Kafrn – how is Stu bob?

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                    Participant

NB is eastern Canada, Kafrn Definitely not near Disneyland lol

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                      Moderator

Disney is only like a 2 hour flight from here. We’ll get Thumper’s autograph…

• Kafrn
                                                                                                        Participant

Do they have nachos at Disneyland? My daughter is desperate to go there. She has been saving for aaaaaages now, I kinda promised her we would take her when she’s 10……. She’s 7 already now…. Uh oh….. Better start saving!!!!

stu Bob is awesome thanks!!! She’s on 1ml of flagyl a day and went back in with rabz and sparrow and mr bunny the other day and so now she just sits there staring at mr bunny allllllllll the time. She won’t come to me, won’t dig, won’t beg for raisins, Shes too smitten with mr bunny. I think she missed her friend.

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                          Participant

Who wouldn’t be smitten with Mr Bunny. He’s a handsome little man, he is he is.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                            Moderator

Posted By Kafrn on 01/04/2011 07:33 PM
                                                                                                              Do they have nachos at Disneyland?

I love that Beastie Bunny pic. ^^

• Momto3boys
                                                                                                              Participant

YAY I’m in NB so a bunny party here would ROCK!!!

• Kafrn
                                                                                                                Participant

Mr bunny is totally hot. All my girls love him.

Why don’t we organize a BB get together in Australia?! We can all meet each other at the opera house and jersey and I can show u all around…. Like Oprah!!!!!!

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                  Moderator

Only if I can hug a koala. My Mom went to Australia last year and got to hug a koala and see one of my fave animals: the platypus. She brought me back lots of platypus stuff though. I really would love to go to Australia but I don’t know if I could handle the 16 hour flight.   I want to see Brumby’s too. You got awesome stuff there!

• Momto3boys
                                                                                                                    Participant

Australia would be AMAZING!!!

LPT, we could fly together and talk about bunnies the whole time, it would make the 16 hrs more enjoyable!

• cainan
                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                      347 posts Send Private Message

Posted By FluffyBunny on 01/01/2011 04:30 PM

So, what’s going on so far in 2011 for you BBers? 

well, yesterday was my 1 year anniversary here at Tiffany (yay!) which means that 1 day a week I’m entitled to a work at home day to spend with my bunny!

There’s also the possibility of a bonding this year – I just don’t know if I have the time/patience/etc to do it. :/

• bunnytowne
                                                                                                                        Participant

OH great.   1 day a week work at home.   Cool.  

Ah MR. Bunny   lol the other bunny infatuated with him   lol cute

• LoveChaCha
                                                                                                                          Participant

Hey everyone!

LOL, Katharine, but.. wouldn’t it just be all us humans and not buns if we went to Aussie? I would have to bring extra sun screen

I have to work the next 3 days. It is a 6 day work week. I am thinking of dropping one day from my first job that I don’t like. I am really tired of being there, and working 6 days sucks.

I have a friend coming over on Friday to help me back, and 2 friends on Saturday to help me pack.

My dad and I got the apartment that we wanted

• Kafrn
                                                                                                                            Participant

Lol yes but if we all meet in Canada then a lot of bunnies couldn’t go too! So it would work out the same!
                                                                                                                              Koalas are fun to hug, as long as they are not clawing you. Their claws are enormous, and so powerful! Lot what is brumbys? Is that the bakery?

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                              Participant

Well, that settle sit. We’ll just have to have BB meet-ups in every country.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                Moderator

I thought we were doing a cruise ship? We could still do that and have stops at every country. Long absence from our buns though : (

Kafrn, this is what happens when a commercial name takes over the names original definition. lol   Brumbies, the wild horses, The Silver Brumby, Man from Snowy River, am I ringing any bells?

• Kafrn
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oh you mean wild horses? Do we have wild horses here jersey? I’ve never seen one! Although it is true that every single tourism ad for AU has an image of wild horses running along the beach… Hmmmm…
                                                                                                                                    I know we have wild camels up north!
                                                                                                                                    I’ve never seen a platypus in the wild either. We joke that the ones at the zoo and the sydney aquaruim are mechanical, and that they are mythical creatures coz we have never seen one in the wild, then again I don’t think I want to because they hide in the water and are hideously poisonous…. Danger alert!
                                                                                                                                    Congrats on ur house britt!!!!
                                                                                                                                    Oh guess what? Jersey found some NIC cubes online and there are 28 of them fir $10 and I rang up and got them so I get to build my first condo this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks jersey!!!

• LoveChaCha
                                                                                                                                    Participant

You are making a nic cage Katharine? Lets see it when it is done with! Okay okay?

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                                      Moderator

Brumby -              

I would love to see horses in the wild. Another thing I will do when I win the lottery. There are 4 places I want to go to see them: Australia, Sable Island in Nova Scotia, Nevada US and Chincoteague Island US.  I believe there are some wild horses left in a couple of middle eastern countries but I’m not sure.

• Elrohwen
                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                        7318 posts Send Private Message

Kafrn, I had no idea that the platypus was poisonous!! I have learning new random facts like that.

LPT, you forgot about the Przewalski’s horse – the true wild horse species. It would be so cool to see them running around Mongolia. And I’m with you on wanting to see wild mustangs some day. Have you heard of the Pioneer Woman’s blog? She lives on a ranch in Oklahoma (I think) and they have mustangs living on their land – I guess the government pays ranchers to take mustangs and feed them through the winter and such (which I had never heard of before reading her blog). She has so many beautiful beautiful pics of them. I want to go and live with her!

Oh, and hi guys 🙂 Just checking in on the chat thread!

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                                          Moderator

Oh, yes I did forget about the Przewalski’s horse. I got to see two of them and they are so beautiful. Unfortunatley it was at a zoo and not in the wild. I will have to check out that blog, Thanks Elrohwen.

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                            Moderator

I think the male platypus has a spur (or barb?) under it’s tail but I don’t know if the female is as deadly. Kafrn might know. I only learnt that about the male 6months ago from my 10 year old niece.

• Elrohwen
                                                                                                                                              Participant

I told DH about platypus being poisonous and he said “Cool! I want one.” lol

• Momto3boys
                                                                                                                                                Participant

I just checked out the pioneer woman’s wild mustang blog and WOW are they ever beautiful!

• Elrohwen
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

She has a lot of great stuff – recipes, information, etc. I just like reading about daily life on the ranch and seeing the pictures of her family herding cattle.

• FluffyBunny
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

*revives thread*

I love training my bunnies! I’ve started training Ms. Rabbit, and she’s responding to the hand signals very well. She’s a lot of fun to train – she doesn’t get as ridiculously hyper as Mr. Bunny, so it’s more relaxed.

• LoveChaCha
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Wow, how do you do it Fluffybunny?

Chacha has been giving me the dirty look all night. I’ve been going over to pet her and she runs away.

The past 2 nights, I fell asleep on the couch. Chacha would run and jump onto the couch and crawl up and down!!!!! She thought it was funny I was asleep and couldn’t care less. She also jumped near my face and it was a fright!!!

I’m moving on Sunday. I packed 10 boxes in my room, 3 are donation boxes. Wow..

My dad said it is totally resonable to make an NIC grid cage for Chacha it will be 3 stories. I found a good layout thanks to BB’s links He is going to buy me teh supplies after we settle in

I am going to utilize the apartment space for her as much as possible. Her kennel is foldable, so that will be stored in my closet. The x-pen will be to block off stuff.

• Rabbitsareecool
                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                        42 posts Send Private Message

Walks into Convo- Why is there a pic of a brumby??- and why are you guys talking about cruise ships lol

• Lintini
                                                                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                                                                          3329 posts Send Private Message

3am can’t sleep …coughing too much *cry*

• Momto3boys
                                                                                                                                                            Participant

That’s great news, Brittany!!

I hope you feel better soom, Lintini…being sick is no fun

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                                                              Moderator

Chacha has been giving me the dirty look all night.

This made me laugh…I know what “the look” is all about. lol. Cha Cha and Olivia should start their own super diva blog or something letting other bunnies know to perfect “the look”

• FluffyBunny
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I’m excited. We’ll probably be moving to the city in 1-3 months. The bunnies will probably have their own room, too.

• LittlePuffyTail
                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

Having a bunny room is awesome!!! Hard to keep clean though!

Viewing 78 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE January Chat Thread