Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE January chat

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 429 total)
  • Author

woo hoooooooo

LBJ10

Cool Q8!

So… what is it about snowy streets and bad weather that makes people want to flock to restaurants to eat? We went to get something to eat tonight and we tried 3 different places, all of which we PACKED, before giving up and just going through the drive-thru somewhere. =\

Q8bunny
    Participant

Gah! Just woke up to an email from Amazon. Item can’t be shipped because it’s not in stock. Which means that somewhere between my adding it to my cart and paying for it, someone else snagged the last one.

Azerane

Aww, that sucks Q8. Always very frustrating when that happens. Anywhere else you can buy it from?

I’ve actually been eyeing off the Canon Powershot G7X mark ii, not that I can afford any sort of new camera. But I would like a new compact, my current one just doesn’t have a lot of flexibility and the audio quality is terrible on video. I currently have a Powershot, but it’s a model that was released 6 years ago and I’ve probably had it almost that long. It’s served me well, I just want an upgrade. One day

Q8bunny
    Participant

The limited edition one I want is from two generations ago, so not common outside of ebay from Japan.

Do you shoot much video with your compact? If so, Panasonic’s Lumix LX100 has fantastic 4K video and photo quality due to a cropped sensor (in a compact camera!). Their TZ (FZ in the US) series cameras also have great video quality but a smaller sensor.

The White Ricoh GR IV is available on amazon UK, but with a £725 price tag !…. 

Black version on amazon DE for 600 euros….

Just HOW much did you want it ?

Q8bunny
    Participant

Badly. And it was only 325 us, which is why it got snapped up on amazon.com

Aw that sucks Q8, it’s so frustrating when you just missed it.
    Any chance someone can sell you a second-hand one? Or are they not available there as well?

My morning started off pretty annoying as well, Breintje has a new project: my beautiful curtains. I have to keep a really close eye on him because he’ll hop onto the window sill within the blink of an eye. Maybe it’s time to bring out the nope-foil for a while.
    I also got a lovely allergic reaction while handling Breintjes food. We buy it in large paper bags and transfer it to a tin. When I poured the pellets a cloud of dust blew in my face, and I got some in my throat. Immediately I got a bloated stomach, cramps and heaving, all the signs of a gluten ingestion. Been on the throne 4 times already before lunch. Lovely…

Bam

Ellie, that sounds awful What pellets do you feed him? There are a few grain-free alternatives available in Europe.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Yikes, Ellie! How awful! Do you have one of those dust or hospital masks you could wear when decanting his pebbles?

Re the camera, the one I was trying to purchase is a used one. It’s been discontinued for years, hence the scarcity. And here in Kuwait they’re all about the newest fads – very few people truly appreciate vintage.

Q8 – £320 on eBay uk…… from Japan

Q8bunny
    Participant

Thanks, Vee, but sadly can’t use ebay – they won’t verify my mail forwarding address
    No worries… another will turn up on Amazon for a decent price eventually

Ok Cue. No probs.

Azerane

I shoot a fair amount with my compact, yes. The only trouble with that Lumix is that the screen doesn’t flip out. It’s a feature I’d really like to have. In any case, as I said before, can’t afford a new camera anyway. By the time I can afford one, the price should have dropped a couple hundred bucks

It was 33 celcius at 8:30am this morning, it will be interesting to see whether we surpass the forecast 41 or not.

LBJ10

Well, aren’t you lucky Azerane. It was -9F this morning. My breath FROZE on my rear view mirror while driving to work…

o_O

Azerane

Lucky that our air conditioner works well and that I don’t have to go outside except to drive to a friend’s place, yes 41C is a little warm for hanging around outside.

Dory is having a great day today, every four seconds it’s “hello” in her learning to talk parrot voice It’s super cute. I booked her in for Monday to have her nails clipped too with the bird vet. It’s going to cost $25 which I think is pretty reasonable.

jerseygirl

It was 33C at midnight too, Az. I hate hot nights.
    And LBJ envies us? Huh? Lol. So weird to read of weather extremes.

Wishing you luck in advance for successfully transferring Dory in and out of carrier for Monday!

LBJ10

It used to be in the 100s a lot in the summer. When we were kids, we didn’t care. We ran around outside anyway. I would rather be hot than cold, honestly. I can’t stand being cold. I’m so glad I’m getting my remote car starter installed tomorrow. This has been ridiculous not being able to warm up my car when it’s below 0 outside.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Hahah! You should try growing up in Canada. Arctic cold and no such thing as remote car starters – we have engine heaters instead to help thaw out our bits and pieces enough to turn the ignition on

LBJ10

Q8 – I can’t warm the car up the “old fashioned” way either. My new car has a keyless ignition. I can turn it on and walk away from the car with the key fob. But you can’t lock the car doors when you do that. AND someone could technically drive off with the car without the key fob. It will run without the key fob until someone turns it off or the car runs out of gas.

Q8bunny
    Participant

And this is why my next car will be something vintage that’s been restored – like… mid 1900s vintage High tech cars with their computers that are smarter than me make me nervous

jerseygirl

Posted By LBJ10 on 1/06/2017 11:18 PM

It used to be in the 100s a lot in the summer. When we were kids, we didn’t care. We ran around outside anyway. I would rather be hot than cold, honestly. I can’t stand being cold. I’m so glad I’m getting my remote car starter installed tomorrow. This has been ridiculous not being able to warm up my car when it’s below 0 outside.

Yeah but when you’re a kid you can run around under a sprinkler in your undies.   Granted, you can do this as an adult also, but you get strange looks instead of indulgent smiles. 

Yesterday, the kids I was kid-sitting spend ages outside in 40C/104F heat filling water balloons. Then about 5 minutes throwing them at each other. Worth it, apparently. 

jerseygirl

Posted By Q8bunny on 1/06/2017 11:35 PM

And this is why my next car will be something vintage that’s been restored – like… mid 1900s vintage High tech cars with their computers that are smarter than me make me nervous

Me. I really don’t like some of the features on the newer cars. My current car was made in 1997. I would really love a vintage ute (not sure what you call utes in the northern hemi). Perfect for picking up bales of hay.  It would have to have a/c though. 

Q8bunny
    Participant

I’ll be keeping an eye out for a Jeep CJ5 – anything between 195– to 197–

Azerane

My current car is the newest one I’ve owned, I believe it’s a 2004 from memory.

And thanks JG, I’m hoping I can wrangle her into the carrier reasonably quickly, even if she’s in there for half an hour before we leave for the vet, it’s better than being half an hour late and missing our appointment Getting her out will be easy, she’s going to do that herself, lol.

And regarding the midnight temp, it was a warm night but I was actually really comfortable last night, but not the night before. Our evaporative air con sometimes struggles and the house gets quite humid so Thursday night was terrible but the air con seemed to perform better yesterday so the night was really comfortable since we had it on all night. At least it’s back down to 30 tomorrow, just as well because otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to do my bird surveys this weekend.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 429 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.