Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE January chat

This topic contains 428sd replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Love4Bunny 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 429 total)
  • Author

sarahthegemini
    Participant

I can’t bear (bare?) bad things happening to animals in films and books (and real life obviously!) Perhaps I’ll treat myself to the book then

Azerane

I agree, it is sad and perhaps confronting at times, but not gory. The movie is a little gory, but only because they wanted a real interpretation of certain things. But if you’re considering, definitely read it, it’s such a rich and well developed universe that you’ll love it

I’m glad your bunnies were able to put a smile on your face.

LBJ10

I love Watership Down! Yes, there are sad parts, but it is such an awesome book.

Weird day at work today. My boss asked me to do something last week. I was waiting to hear back from this third person regarding what they wanted, so I could do it. My boss emailed me today saying he did it and here it is. I was like, huh?

Azerane

We are planning to clip Dory’s nails shortly. I just want to get it done, hubby is putting it off because he’s not looking forward to it.

Neither am I, but they need doing (she keeps getting them caught) and I figure we can manage without the added stress of a vet visit. It’s certainly going to be interesting. Hubby opted to be the bird wrangler, so I get to clip. Think I would have preferred it the other way so that I could wear gloves, lol. She’s going to be so mad. We’re going to feed her dinner straight after, so hopefully she’ll quickly forget that she hates us. If you don’t hear from me, I’ve lost all my fingers, haha.

Q8bunny
    Participant

May the Force be with you

Bam

Yes, may the Force be with you, Azerane!

Azerane

Thanks

Turns out it was a complete flop. Hubby was a bit hesitant at first on the capture which led to us chasing her around for some time. She got pretty stressed, and while we eventually did catch her and hubby was holding her, I think I was also stressed out by that point and I couldn’t properly reach her feet so I chickened out and we just let her go back into her cage. Was about a 45 minute drama. Problem is, once a parrot is onto you, they’re not easy to catch. Now it poses a further problem that if I do take her to the bird vet to clip her nails, I still need to be able to catch her to get her in the carrier. So I feel awful for putting her through all that stress just to catch her and then not even achieve anything. Horrible feeling

But the bunnies are cute

Azerane

Dory stress seems like nothing now… I just remembered (a day late) that’s it’s been a year since Bandit passed. I don’t know if I feel worse for thinking about it, or worse for not having remembered on the day. I think it’s time to go and ruffle Apollo, he’s my cuddle bug

A year yes!! Don’t feel bad, it’s sort of a good thing that you weren’t counting the days to it… and look what’s changed since then !!!!!
    I bet you wouldn’t have bet you’d have a Dory living with you !! And bonded bunnies who have certainly helped you take your mind off the gorgeous Bandit.
    ((( Hugs )))

I’m thinking of going to an “adopt-a-cat” day on Sat – bad idea huh !!?!!

Bam

Azerane, do go ruffle Apollo. It will help a little bit.

Vienna, Adopt-a-cat day sounds very risky. Unless you want a cat, of course

I need new glasses. That’s such a genuinely boring way to spend money But it’s of course even more boring not to be able to see.

Q8bunny
    Participant

As soon as I get paid this month (if it’s still available), I’m getting this beauty: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MOWRV…&psc=1

To be honest, while my DSLR and various zoom lenses get cool shots, I miss the old days of a fixed lens camera that I can carry around with me in my pocket. It’s not conducive to snapshots when your camera weighs kilos and hurts your neck or shoulder 

Anyone have a Ricoh? Thoughts?

I hadn’t heard the phrase ‘street camera’ before which all the reviews seem to call it…. self explanatory i suppose…

My compact is a good old Panasonic Lumix…. I did no research on it whatsoever. I chose it on the basis that when i was on a dive boat with 30 other people, there were about 15 Lumix cameras on (and under) the boat with us!!!!!
    I trusted that my camera friends had done the research for me.
    (And my Dad was even lazier, buying an identical one a few months after me !! )

This was a good few years ago, but i see this Ricoh isn’t recent either… good reviews though…

Q8bunny
    Participant

One of my cams is a Lumix (the FZ200) but even though it’s a fab camera, and half the size of my Nikon, it still feels like a bloody ball and chain after an hour’s hike.

You dive? Me too! Fun, right? Of course, if I do snag one of the Ricohs, next will be an exorbitant underwater case for it.

Bam

What was it now that SCUBA stands for? No, you mustn’t google. Aussies mustn’t answer. (As we all know, all Aussies go diving the Great Barrier Reef on a daily basis).

No just kidding. But I’d actually forgot =/

(Explanation for people who haven’t (yet) spent their whole entire lives here: Vienna once asked us this question. Some people actually knew. I wasn’t one of them.)

A clue – the U is for Underwater……. (not underwear !!! )

Q8bunny
    Participant

Self-Contained ‘Underwear’ Breathing Apparatus

Azerane

I’m pretty sure I remember from last time, but last time I wouldn’t have been able to tell you

Thanks Vienna and Bam

Q8bunny
    Participant

Does anyone watch Sherlock? Is it just me, or does Moriarty sound like Dory speaking whale half the time?

Posted By Q8bunny on 1/05/2017 3:14 AM

Self-Contained ‘Underwear’ Breathing Apparatus

Like so?

It’s from a Japanese spoof film, Hentai Kamen, which spoofs both superhero films and hentai (horrible Japanese animation erotica).

We watched it at anime club last year and it was hilariously awful

Q8bunny
    Participant

Ellie !! rofl, not sure what he can breathe through those !!!

Q8 – yes diving is coooool, but not in quarries in the north of France at -5 degress and zero (like ZERO) visibility and el fresco changing rooms (behind car), is which is why I stopped….

But Australia (warm with visibilty further than one’s own hand, and where I learnt to dive (Perth)!) – just you wait when i come out there!!
    What a shame Egypt has not been the safest place to go in recent years…

YES for SHERLOCK – have taped the latest NYs day episode with 2 more to tape before I sit down and have a Sherlock marathon.
    Moriaty is VERY well played and perfectly creepy… LOL for the Dory reference……

Q8bunny
    Participant

Iiiiindeeeeed, Viiiieeennnaaaaa

LBJ10

Oh my!

One of my cams is a Lumix (the FZ200) but even though it’s a fab camera, and half the size of my Nikon, it still feels like a bloody ball and chain

nahhhh !!!! I’m talking about the Lumix TZ10 – a flatty, pops in your Pocket kinda cam…..
    I’m sure there must be a more recent one though.

ed : Crikey I’ve just looked on the rainforest website and they are up to TZ100 !!!!! LOL !!!! But hey – I’m happy with my ‘ancient’ TZ10.

And underwater housing cases will be cheaper if you buy an older version and therefore a case 2nd hand… I sold mine for a fraction of the price bought new

Q8bunny
    Participant

Lumix is a big line.

Well, thanks to my bro, I just bought it – didn’t wanna miss out on the great deal (the white was a limited edition even before the model was discontinued).

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 429 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.