Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE January chat

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 429 total)
  • Author
    Azerane

^I believe a cat will actually be next in line before a dog. Still a ways off, but certainly a cat first

I keep telling hubby that he’s lucky I’m not impulsive, otherwise we’d have 12 or more pets by now 

Azerane

Just got a text from my mum, we went to visit them a couple of days ago and I took some cat toys with that I got on sale after Christmas. I’ve just been told that the toys are creating havoc, because Ebony is meowing at them when they stop moving, lol.

DaButtercup
    Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 1/25/2017 1:22 PM 

Now i want to rescue a bunny

Nope – it was a dream to fool you – it’s actually of the canine sort you need to rescue….

I’ve just seen on FB (I’m a silent lurker only) that an ex colleague / friend is adopting a (gorgeous) Bulgarian dog (looks like an Australian shepherd with a light gold colouring) with no back legs (moves with a wicked wheel thingy)…..

Orrrrr, you’re reminding yourself to pack an extra pair of socks on your next wildlife trip out….

Why would anyone ever want to rescue a dog over rescuing a rabbit? Rabbits are 100% cooler

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

L4B– You get desensitized pretty quickly. It’s almost scary how something can bother you, and then when you’re exposed to it a lot, it starts to not bother you. For like, the first season I thought it was really gross, and the jump scares got me. Now it doesn’t bother me and the jump scares don’t get me

Bam- There’s only 6 seasons on Netflix! I’ll have to wait or look up season 7 on the internet when I power through these seasons

Vienna–

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

I take it you’re not a fan?

Oof, we got away lucky today…
    Bas woke up early this morning, and when he walked into the living room he was greeted by a binkying Breintje! Huh? He was supposed to be safely in his cage at night. Appearantly I didn’t lock his cage properly with my sleepy head yesterday night.

Bas did a very thorough search of the living room, but there was nothing destroyed, chewed on or plundered. That was a huge relief, because Breintje was in full destruction modus yesterday. Whew, I guess Breintje misbehaves when we are there and is a perfect little angel when we aren’t there.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Teeheehee

Az – impulsive maybe not, but swayable, definitely…..

Who was going to get only a single bun last year, definitely onyla singel one, never two…… hmmm…. eh???… hmmm…..

What a GOOD decision to have listened to your BB family !!!

Azerane

Vienna, I would be lying if I said there was only the intention of getting one Out loud it was always just one, deep down I was entertaining the idea of two but didn’t know if I would get away with it lol.

Ellie, I’ve had one of those moments when I forgot to lock Bandit up before I went to work. Hubby got up some hours later to discover his lounging around. He chewed the skirting board

Ahhhhh cunning plan Az, CUNNING !!!! (AND it worked )

Azerane

Lol, yes it certainly did Though I highly doubt hubby would have a problem with any pet I randomly brought home (until we ended up with too many).

How do you tell people that they’re an idiot and have poor housing standards for their bunnies without being rude and awful? They’re like “Oh I just paid for this new cage, so excited to get it” and the base size is smaller than Bandit’s post-neuter recovery cage was… and it was expensive… I need to stop caring about other people’s bunnies

Q8bunny
    Participant

Good luck with that one, Az. As soon as I become queen of the world, all iffy-living-conditions buns are coming to live with me and Chewie in our castle

Love4Bunny
    Participant

How do you tell people that they’re an idiot and have poor housing standards for their bunnies without being rude and awful? They’re like “Oh I just paid for this new cage, so excited to get it” and the base size is smaller than Bandit’s post-neuter recovery cage was… and it was expensive…

Major pet peeve. No pun intended. I wish someone in power would launch a campaign and pass a law that bans the sale of cages marketed towards gullible rabbit owners. They really are doing future owners a disservice. They should market the current cages as nesting boxes, or rabbit beds.

Love4Bunny
    Participant

Also, (while omitting the “idiot” bit), I usually tell people I meet that 3 hops back one way is the absolute minimum a rabbit should have for permanent housing (which you likely know anyway, but I mention it because it’s what I say to people. Unless you actually want to call them an idiot ). I tell them that an expen or whatever is so much cheaper that what they just purchased. And that their bunny is going to need more exercise. I don’t bother asking if they want the [in-person] advice. I just give them it anyways, haha.

Azerane

It seems that the person ended up deleting their post anyway because almost every other comment started with “this cage is too small”. The problem is that I doubt it will help because they’ve already paid for it and paid a lot for it.

Love4Bunny
    Participant

Oh, I see. Yes, good point. I usually recommend expen or similar to extend the space. I mean, that’s the only way to improve a very small space. That or a baby gate with TINY spaces in between! Lovely the chi is like Houdini on four legs. Finally found a gate a few years ago that worked like a charm, so no escapes. But honestly, I just think people like the cuteness of a hutch. It’s the cutesy appeal of something resembling a mini house. Totally impractical. I imagine it’s like sticking a kangaroo in a shipping container.

Azerane

Yes, probably better than telling them they should have bought a different cage Bunnies are plenty cute, I’d rather them look cute in a big cage, than have a cute cage for them.

Love4Bunny
    Participant

Agreed! Just came to me that bunny “rooms” or “set-ups” done well are more attractive than hutches. I totally have a plan to devote a bigger space to the buns when we move in the future, and deck it out like a bun-buneero HAVEN, complete with a hoomin bench for relaxing with the lago’s. Yup. That’s the plan!

I imagine it’s like sticking a kangaroo in a shipping container.

Excellent comparison !!

My cousin is in charge of a pet section (no live animals for sale) in a garden centre (none dead either )
    Normally not the best of places for animal stuff, she has refused to stock any ‘normal’ (tiny) hutches, so the smallest she sells is still quite big….

Her answer to those looking for smaller (cheaper) models is ‘if you can’t afford the bigger hutches, you can’t afford a bunny’ YAY !!

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Mini finally managed to jump onto the settee this evening. He was so chuffed with his little bunny self it put a smile on my face, in spite of grieving for Choco.

Awww, great job at cheering up everyone Mini! Wishing you all lots of cuddles for the next few days!

That’s what balls of fluff were put on this earth for, to make us smile. ALL (nearly) the time…. xx

Love4Bunny
    Participant

Her answer to those looking for smaller (cheaper) models is ‘if you can’t afford the bigger hutches, you can’t afford a bunny’ YAY !!

Yes!! That’s smart.

Great answer that one ^_^

LOL, if I ever wondered why I love my BF so much… He was gaming at his place yesterday, and I asked him: “Do you know where you’ll sleep tonight, at your place or at mine?”
    I got the answer: “I just ate half a cake, so I’m sleepy and lazy.”

Ellie. You can’t expect to win against cake!!!! You just can’t!!

Just back from LA LA LAND. Thoroughly enjoyed. Very Hollywood-y. (My Mum last week said (and i quote) “a load of tripe” a tad harsh mefeels. Lol.
    A tad long. But you come out tapping toes and even having a little dance with your neighbour in the aisle on the way out (or is that just me…?)

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 429 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.