Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A In Need Of Some Good Vibes

This topic contains 112sd replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  PZF 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author

MrGimly
    Participant

Gimly had a pretty good day yesterday. gave him his critical care when i got home right away and he noshed it all as i layed on the floor next to him. then he got comfy for petting and naps. i saw him do a big stretch and yawn and he started sniffing around the carpet and even slowly hopped around on his own and managed to find his way to his wreath toy for a little eating session. the rest of the night he wanted pets and got his additional meds and cc. this morning he was milling around his expen a bit and looked happy. he ate all his pellets overnight but not as many greens, which he was eating when i saw him. he left some good poops, i gave him cc and metacam and then he went back to greens and had a poop party lol. after how i felt yesterday it was just really nice to see have have a good day and morning.

Q8bunny
    Participant

I have a feeling it’ll be a mix of good and not great days ?

MrGimly
    Participant

Haven’t posted in a few days but Gimly has had a better week. He’s been out of his expen on his own everyday I’ve gotten home from work since Wednesday. I even found him in the bathroom Sunday morning?. Took him to the vet today for his blood draw and we will get results Wednesday to see if we can keep him on panacur a bit longer. His weight went up from 4.055 to 4.09 in a week on the extra cc, so we are keeping it going. He explored around for like an hour after we got home today too, so now he’s tired. Our vet is concerned that if he’s not responding well to meds he might have a brain tumor?and she’s concerned putting him under for his next teeth burr, but he needs to have it done. So we will just keep the course as long as we can☺️❤️

Q8bunny
    Participant

That’s good to hear but also kind of scary. I do so hope your vet’s fear doesn’t come true… continued vibes for ongoing improvement from us ((((((Gimli))))))

Q8bunny
    Participant

*face palm* Gimli is my tree’s name. ((((((Gimly))))))

MrGimly
    Participant

Not sure how to say this but, the past couple night Gimly has barely eaten his food on his own. He’s having troubles eating possibly and his mouth gets very wet after and his chest. He’s not taking his critical care with as much gusto either. He’s slowly going downhill. I think he just wanted to make it to Christmas with us???❤️❤️. I’ll need to talk to his vet today anyways but after a very tough conversation we think it’s time to say goodbye to sweet little Gimly. You guys have been a great resource of information and support and I love you all dearly. Thank you.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

I’m really sad to see this, especially in the holiday season. If you go through with this, I hope you and Gimly can find comfort in each other in his last days. Sending you and your family and Gimly our prayers during this time <3

LittlePuffyTail

I’m so sorry. We are here for you still during this very difficult time.

MrGimly
    Participant

I know everyone says they have the best bunny ever. But he was a great fuzzer. He had such an outgoing personality from the day we rescued him and the appetite of a 50lb dog ?I’m going to miss him so much, but he told me it’s time, and to not be sad. We did everything we could and he loves us. But it’s time for him to see his bunwife Bella again. I’m just glad we can be there with him when crosses over??????????????

The most difficult decision to make, but an act of compassion and true love for your buddy. Binky free sweet Gimly!

MrGimly
    Participant

We will have to say goodbye to furry little champion tonight after work. my heart is broken. my wife is crushed. its going to be weird not having a bunny in the house. But someday i know another bunny will come calling for us, and Gimly would want it that way. To have a loving home like he did with us

Q8bunny
    Participant

I’m heartbroken to read this… but I understand your decision. I’m sure I speak for lots of members when I say that our thoughts are with you and Gimly. (((Binky free with your bunwife, darling boy.))) xoxo

PZF
    Participant

I am new here and just poking around. I am very sorry for your loss. I know that it is such a hard decision to make. But it sounds like you are an amazing bunny parent and that he was lucky to have you caring for him. Godspeed little man.

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.