Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE December Chat!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Q8bunny
    Participant

Thanks, Jersey. It’s really good to know, but my mom always travels on her Canadian passport – less hassle even if she sometimes gets charged more for visas than if she travelled on her EU one.

jerseygirl

LBJ10

Haha! Wooly will try to climb up on me at the vet’s office. Poor thing wants to get away from that evil vet lady.

Azerane

BrunosMama, I missed your post before. It’s sad that Harley got so scared at the vet, but it honestly is a very heartwarming experience. I had it happen once with the second bun I ever owned. The vet was handling him and he panicked and leapt straight up into my arms. Thank goodness I caught him! Warmed my heart that he ran to me for safety though

JG, sorry to hear about your back troubles. This may be TMI but since we’re sharing… I get back pain during my period. I think because my stomach is cramping, my back muscles compensate and because I subconsciously don’t stand up as straight to minimise the pain, I end up with a sore back.

Bam

Bam always jumps into my arms at the vets. It’s probably the slippery table. I do understand that it needs to have a slippery surface, but buns don’t like slippery. It feels like a compliment when he does it, but it’s scary too.

Ellie, Happy Sinterklaas! 

Everybody: Happy St Nick’s Day! 

JPetrucci84
    Participant

I love how Cinder nips ME when we’re at the Vet. I’m not the one examining her, there’s a professional for that lol. It’s my fault, though, probably since I brought her there. lol

Bam

Hi JPetrucci! That’s really cute (but, I imagine, painful). “It was your idea”. And it was. Much cleverer really than seeking protection in the arms of the horrible hoomin who brought you.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Saint Nick’s! And my celebration! Woohoo!

Just finished a great Swedish movie: A Man Called Ove. Sooo good

kaylyne28
    Participant

Oh no!! I’m hoping that my baby bun, Ellie,  behaves at her first vet visit today. Cross your finger for me because I’ve already been bit while grooming dogs this week and I don’t know how many more I can take on my poor hands!

Bam

Crossing my fingers kaylyne28!

I haven’t seen that movie, Q8. My SO can’t stand the lead actor, so I’ll have to see it with someone else. I’m glad you liked it =)
    I’m deep into GoT now. It took two seasons before I was completely hooked. I just love Peter Dinklage’s character.

My heart is sinking slightly as I picture this weekend when I return to the UK for 3 days and take the fur monsters with me.

SOOOOO much organisation.

Cages for travel, bigger than vet carriers, smaller than onsite cages…. then take onsite cages as travel cages too small for living in.
    2 litterboxes and accessoires and food and shelving and Ikea buns…

Then barriers too, as Z&H are not free roaming at their grandparents’ house !

But to do THAT, I have to dismantle everything in the kitchen to do all this as cage and barriers are the kitchen set up here at home… and this isn’t even the drop off at bonding house… this is just a trip home with no bunny sitter here. phewieeeee

Then I come back here for a few days work, then REPEAT to take them back for bonding I HOPE !!!!

My eyes are boggling at the thought of the juggling of buns in cages, carriers and areas, so they don’t come into contact with each other, WHILST I’m packing up the car with said cages and carriers !!

jerseygirl

Hooley Dooley! Im exhausted just reading what you’ll have to do, VB. There probably is too little time, but could you see if your parents know of anyone or anywhere that you could borrow/hire some pens from?

cinnybun2015
    Participant

I’m sorry, Vienna.. it is boggling!!! And sounds stressful!!! Hope it ends well and turns out not too stressful.

Thanks. Me too…..

Fingers crossed Kaylyne!

Whew, what a logistic operation Vienna. Hoping everything will go smoothly!

I had that long-expected job interview today with the CEO and the head of the department. Whew that was difficult, intense and also very relieving. Upsides: great company, very interesting work that suits me very well, and nice people. Downsides: my education doesn’t match completely (they’re looking for electrical engineers/physicists while I’m a chem eng), and they’d prefer a lab tech who would also be able to travel a lot to visit customers. That last part is tricky because of my disability, and the CEO and manager disagreed on how important this criterium should be in a candidate for the lab.

It ended on a light note with a hint of humour and a cheeky remark from my side which had the CEO roaring in laughter. They told me that they still had to discuss some things, and that they would contact me as soon as there was news. I responded with: “Have fun gossiping about me, and I’m looking forward to hear from you again!” Me and my big mouth… So I honestly don’t know how I did: I may have made a total @$$ out of myself, or I may have done brilliantly. We’ll just wait and see ^_^

jerseygirl

I was wondering about the job situation Ellie. It sounds positive to me, the interaction at least. The may place you in something other then the original position perhaps?

One of our former forum leaders was a chemical engineer. She worked in her field but then ended up working at a job that was more mechanical engineering. I *think* Ive got that the right way around… I wish she was still active on her so you could chat with her.
    Also, I miss her input and hearing about her bunnies and dog.

I’m hoping they have something for me, yes Lab would still be ideal, I’m not really a people person, so sales is out of the question.

There wasn’t a position in the first place, but I applied anyway. The CEO thought that this was a bit cheeky (again?), but that it came in at the right time. They’re looking to expand over the next 2 years and many employees will have reached their pension in the next 15 years.

There was also talk that they wanted to move to my home town within 2 years, which would be ideal of course. It’s in a neighbouring town, 40 minutes by bike and a full hour by public transport. Bike it is then, unless my joints and muscles are acting up.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Wow! Healthy commute!

Vienna: I’ve got a long weekend and would offer to fly down and help you with your yowzers bun-juggling act, but my mumsy arrives this Friday

LBJ10

Facebook seems to think some GOT actor died in real life. No clue what that’s all about. I don’t watch the show.

Ellie – I wouldn’t be discouraged just yet. Sometimes they will call you in for an interview, not really have a place for you right at that moment, but keep you on file and then end up calling in a month or two.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Yah… great Brit actor Peter Vaughan. He played Maester Aemon, but people might know him more from movies like Time Bandits, Remains of the Day, and Death at a Funeral (also with Peter Dinklage aka Tyrion Lannister)

LBJ10

I’m assuming you mean the British version of Death at a Funeral. I don’t think he was in the American remake.

kaylyne28
    Participant

Eep well I have some good and some bad news… Ellie was very well behaved at the vet but the bad news…she has snuffles :/ 10 days of Baytril antibiotics. I’m really hoping that it clears up because I have to leave her with a pet sitter on the 16th while I’m out of country! Just over stressed and worried…

In other news though I finally watched the latest season of GoT and I was so disappointed! Ugh nothing beats season 2. Oh well…

Azerane

I’m glad the interview went well Ellie, even if there’s nothing concrete for you there at the moment it’s always promising.

Trying to hold off on eating Dinner, I’ve been so hungry for about 2 hours but it was way too early to eat. Only 15 more minutes to wait until a respectable time, lol.

ETA: Just sitting here minding my own business, when I hear one of the bunnies drinking. “Awww” I think, and look over. Luna is out in the playpen, and Apollo is a foot away from the water bowl… drinking pee  The worst part is, I don’t know for sure whose pee it was. Sometimes I don’t even know why I bother cleaning the litter tray (literally cleaned it 20 minutes ago).

@kaylynn: Awww, poor Ellie. I hope it clears up soon with the ABs. Normally I’d prescribe extra cuddles, a snuggly blanket and lots of love, but I have the sneaky suspicion you’re already taking care of those ^_^

@Azerane: yikes, that is frustrating. I totally get your frustration, Breintje has episodes like those too. Just when you thought you had him in the habit….splash! Are they on the bare cage floor? Sometimes stripping all the bedding from the cage helps, leaving only the litter box filled with soft materials. I also reward Breintje every time he goes in the litter box. It’s a long process. Oh my they can be so bloody stubborn!

Azerane

Yes, the bare cage floor. I think there’s only ever been one pee on the fleece, if they miss the box (usually Apollo), he does it right next to the box where the fleece doesn’t cover.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 324 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.