Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE December Chat!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Azerane

That’s so funny LBJ10! So was December 1st actually on the wrong day as well, or was that right?

LBJ10

That’s what was so weird, they had December right.

Bam

LBJ, it’s clearly a magic calendar.

Thirty days has September,
    April, June, and November.
    All the rest have thirty-one,
    Except for February alone,
    Which has but twenty-eight days clear,
    And twenty-nine in each leap year.

Moxie: Best of luck!! I can just picture you running through the snow with your two faithful wolves at your side. Like in Game of Thrones. Sort of.

Q8bunny
    Participant

So bummed some of the GoT wolfies died… I’m waiting for Nemeria to reappear…

Bam

That made me SO upset too , Q8. I want Nymeria to come back and tear Joffrey’s head off.
    (I’ve only watched 2 seasons so far.)

JG – I’m easily confused…. you’ve changed your photo !!!!

Q8bunny
    Participant

I know… Martin offed them in the books rather unnecessarily, I feel (as a reader AND a writer, I get easily vexed by stuff like this)

DaButtercup
    Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 12/02/2016 12:47 PM

MY belly !!!!! (it hasn’t seen the sun in a while !!)

I don’t think my belly has EVER seen the sun!

Dface
    Participant

How to have an awful nights sleep:
    Have landlord promise to fix broken lock on front door, only for him to do it badly so that the door is secure, but not enough to stop someone getting in if they really wanted to.
    Have house mates that can’t work the lock so leave it open instead (with a sticky note explaining they had to go home for the weekend and couldn’t wait for me to get back so they just decided to ‘close the door over’.
    Arrive home at 9pm when it’s already dark. Let rabbits out at 11pm and start reading books/finishing assignments.
    Freak out when rabbits start acting strange at around 2am -lunging at the door. Stamping, growling and refusing to go near the door-(Sampras actually flops there half the time)
    Freaking out when I go to open the door. Yumi going as far as to sprint over, ears pinned and “box” at nothing when I went to open the lock. Sampras who is never vocal, starts making growling noises, ears flipping from pinned pack to strained to the door and stamping the whole night.

Sit in room with light on clutching my phone for remainder of night jumping at every minuscule sound.

jerseygirl

@VB, did you think it was some strange new member?
    Jersey’s anniversary is coming up so I’ll have her pic there for a week as a sort of memorial. LEL Bella’s anniversary also. Our girls passed away on the same day.

Okay, my Christmas wish is that Dface and buns get happy, safe, new place to live. Or new awesome house mates.
    The sooner the better, Dface!

LBJ10

Jersey’s picture didn’t throw me off. But I recognize Jersey, so I guess I didn’t think anything of it. LOL

Bam, LOL, yep I remember the rhyme. It was a calendar that was produced by a local organization so it doesn’t surprise me. Although I have had store bought calendars that were wrong before too.

Q8bunny
    Participant

Holy cow, Dface, that’s freaky. I’d offer for you and the buns to come stay with me and Chewie but we don’t have transporter technology yet
    I’m going to wish for the same thing as Jersey. Maybe if enough of us do it, we can BB vibe it into happening?

Bam

LBJ, I have to say that rhyme several times a year to myself to remember the lenght of the months =) (We have it in Swedish too).

Dface, I sincerely hope you can get a safer place to live. How come your house-mates are in Uni in the first place? They don’t seem all that smart. Or maybe they’re so extraordinarily brilliant they just can’t be bothered with common sense and regard for others and all that.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Thanks Bam!! It was super fun! My time was about 33 minutes, (I was kinda upset because I was aiming for 30 minutes, so I was a couple minutes off ), but the trails were in the woods, so it was very muddy/icy/snowy. And my shoe kept getting untied. But I really enjoyed it. It makes me want to run 3 miles every day.

Dface
    Participant

Thanks guys I had a friend come over and but in deadbolts on the door. It’s against my lease to do it, but oh well! At least I know the door is closed

There were some dead birds in the alley down from us this morning so perhaps they smelled the death and it freaked them( It freaks me out that people around here kill birds during the night) But anyway.

Haha Q8, I dont think Yumi and Chewie would enjoy that at all. I feel like there’d be a clash of personalities

Nearly impulse adopted another bun today. Little guy with teeth extracted just like Samp! I have a very soft spot for somewhat ‘broken’ pets. But common sense prevented it (what with the house not being a sure thing etc)
    I feel i should order stuff online from now on-avoid the temptation altogether

Bam

Q8, all of GOT upsets me, really. TWD is a sweet children’s tale in comparison.

Dface. I am wishing your safety and happiness for Christmas too ( as well as Zou and Henry’s bonding success of course !!!)

Jersey. It’s a bit like having a new hairstyle!!) Of course I recognised you but something was different LOL LOL

Bam & Q8 – like a teacher with two mildly disruptive children ( ), I am going to ask you if you would like to “share with us” ??

Dface
    Participant

Thanks Vienna, I feel like it’s more important for Zou and Henry though(I wanna see that cute big bun couple pic ! )

A few friends have offered me their homes to stay in, no pets allowed though, so it would mean the bunnies moving to live with my mom instead of me.
    As lovely (and reassuring ) as it is to have the offer, I am adamant I cant be separated-we did a 2 week trial when I went to Canada and Sampras nearly died from just getting stressed and his pasturella getting crazy out of hand-and mom did everything exactly like I would have and within two days on antibiotics he’d managed to develop pneumonia and continued to deteriorate until I got home.
    -Will never forget coming home to a rabbit that was too unwell to even get up and get treats(mom had started to sleep in the room beside their pen to make sure he didnt stop breathing during the night)

I dont think I could do that again to any of us!! XD

Bam

Oh Vienna, it was just Moxie who did the 5 k with her two big dogs and it made me think about the wolves in Game of Thrones and Q8 commented on that

Azerane

That’s really sweet JG, it’s been 11 months and I still can’t bring myself to change my profile pic of Bandit to Apollo and Luna.

Dface, I hope you can find somewhere else that’s nice and secure soon. That would have been a terrifying night, and I would have been just as terrified. It always made me nervous when I was still living on my own with Bandit and he would mysteriously startle at something at night that I couldn’t see or hear.

Azerane

This has been floating around the internet today, really tickles my fancy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyHioDYJGdc

jerseygirl

^
    The timing is perfect.

Az – you have to keep Bandit there – absolutely ! He’s just… perfect

Brilliant video – golly it must take ages for that bird to pop out and fetch a pint of milk !!

Ohhhhhhh, GOT, GAME OF THRONES !!!!! Ohhh silly me !!!! I haven’t yet been drawn into it… I believe that when I am, I shall not exit the same woman !!!

Dface – we ARE allowed two wishes for Christmas

Bam

Vienna, GOT is very violent and horrible. I don’t really approve. Can’t stop watching though =) TWD is a million times less nauseating, but I’ve seen all the episodes there are now.

Az, I too vote Keep Bandit. Love the bird!!!

Azerane

Haha, the music just suits the video so well

Don’t have to tell me twice to keep Bandit there I felt bad for hubby the other day, he was in the kitchen making a cup of coffee when Apollo did something really cute. I started to tell him what Apollo had done, except my brain slipped and I called him Bandit instead, so halfway through my sentence I just burst into tears. Bless his heart he came straight in to give me a hug. First time I’ve done that, I don’t normally just start crying when thinking of/talking about Bandit I think it just caught me off guard.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 324 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.