Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE December Chat!

Viewing 323 reply threads
  • Author
    • Azerane
      4402 posts Send Private Message

Apollo, Sterling, Chewie!

That’s right folks, December is here already Get out those Christmas trees and festive music.

The bunnies were super excited to see me this morning, probably hoping for food but it was nice to feel loved and wanted and they snuggled together for pets.

They must know it’s December, I’m even getting rare Luna binkies this morning.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant
      5317 posts Send Private Message

Nooooooooooo! Another 3 hours and 40 mins here !!!!!!! (you’re just a cheat, living all the way over there !! )

(Henry’s belly, Bindi, Frankieeeeee !! )

• LBJ10
      14153 posts Send Private Message

It’s not December yet! 12 hours to go here.

And, according to my calendar at work, there is another day to go yet. LOL

I’ll have to post a picture later. I can’t on my phone.

• BrunosMama
      Participant
      1466 posts Send Private Message

Caesar!Caesar!Caesar!

Although technically speaking it’s still 10 more hours til December here.

• Bam
      14150 posts Send Private Message

2 more hours here. Bindi, Sterling, Apollo.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

8 more hours over here!!

• BunnyFriends
      Participant
      383 posts Send Private Message

Seven more hours for me.

Frankie, Olaf, Silas, and Winter!

• BunnyFriends
      Participant

Picked up more veggies today and I must say I won’t be returning to where I bought them from. We got good ones, but the others weren’t looking to good. I doubt these’ll be good long and I’ll be getting more tomorrow else where.

But I think Winter and Licorice will still have salad meeting their approval – endive, green leaf, romaine and some herbs we grow… (perhaps half a grape on top.) Of course, I’ll probably have a bonding session and the salad in one. They’re extremely well at eating together – you’d think Licorice would hog it all but they get about what they’d get on their own, which is quite nice.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts Send Private Message

I think that I may have an ear infection. Is there anyway to tell for sure without going to the doctor? It feels clogged and it hurts and I can barely hear out of it…I should probably get it checked out but ugh.

• Q8bunny
      Participant
      6344 posts Send Private Message

Bianca, Podge!

It’s finally raining, but will it be enough to cancel school like last year?

• jerseygirl
      22127 posts Send Private Message

Ailis, Joeythenethie and Robertas Piglet!

Sorry to hear about your ear Mox. Painful! Probably good idea to get it checked and they can relieve the pressure for you.

Q8, we just got a spot of rain here too, along with some thunder. Way to ring in the first day of Summer!

• Azerane

@Moxie, that sounds like an ear infection to me. They’re horrible painful things, antibiotics is the best way to go.

@JG, I thought that was thunder that I heard on the way home from work, although I wasn’t sure because I thought it may have been a noisy car Please no rain, we didn’t cover the outdoor stock at work before I left! Also, it’s just as well I didn’t say Ailis, I thought about her, but I definitely would have spelled it Alice

• jerseygirl

She was originally Alice when in foster care. I just changed the spelling to a Celtic version.

• Azerane

Ahh, well there you go

• Bam

Frank Podge Chewie

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Chom’s tum?

• jerseygirl

Ooh yes! Chom’s Belly, Rumball’s Belly, Timbu’s Belly!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

MY belly !!!!! (it hasn’t seen the sun in a while !!)

• Bam

Vienna, it might be white, but is it a bunny? You need to ask yourself that question

• Azerane

Apollo is doing binkies in a circle right now, he is just the cutest!

• LBJ10

Okay, according to my calendar, today is December 1st. LOL Seriously, I’ll have to post a pic to show you.

Anyhoo… Leopold’s tummy and Wooly’s blaze!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

The 5k is tomorrow! I am super excited. I think we’ll be bringing Paris and Zero this year (I think the cold and snow will be too harsh for little Snickers) but we aren’t a hundred percent certain yet

• LBJ10

Alright, just to prove I wasn’t lying…

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Oh my goodness.. that calendar is so strange… November has 30 days!! Right?! (I’m so bad at keeping track of how many days each month has. Does February have 29? 28?? )

• LBJ10

This year was a leap year, so February had 29 days. That was right. November was the only month that was wrong on the calendar and, yes, November has 30 days. I saw 31 on there and was like “what the…?”. LOL

So you see, according to my calendar, today was the first day of December. :p

• Azerane

That’s so funny LBJ10! So was December 1st actually on the wrong day as well, or was that right?

• LBJ10

That’s what was so weird, they had December right.

• Bam

LBJ, it’s clearly a magic calendar.

Thirty days has September,
      April, June, and November.
      All the rest have thirty-one,
      Except for February alone,
      Which has but twenty-eight days clear,
      And twenty-nine in each leap year.

Moxie: Best of luck!! I can just picture you running through the snow with your two faithful wolves at your side. Like in Game of Thrones. Sort of.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

So bummed some of the GoT wolfies died… I’m waiting for Nemeria to reappear…

• Bam

That made me SO upset too , Q8. I want Nymeria to come back and tear Joffrey’s head off.
      (I’ve only watched 2 seasons so far.)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

JG – I’m easily confused…. you’ve changed your photo !!!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I know… Martin offed them in the books rather unnecessarily, I feel (as a reader AND a writer, I get easily vexed by stuff like this)

• Reesebun
      Participant
      1026 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 12/02/2016 12:47 PM

MY belly !!!!! (it hasn’t seen the sun in a while !!)

I don’t think my belly has EVER seen the sun!

• Dface
      Participant
      1058 posts Send Private Message

How to have an awful nights sleep:
      Have landlord promise to fix broken lock on front door, only for him to do it badly so that the door is secure, but not enough to stop someone getting in if they really wanted to.
      Have house mates that can’t work the lock so leave it open instead (with a sticky note explaining they had to go home for the weekend and couldn’t wait for me to get back so they just decided to ‘close the door over’.
      Arrive home at 9pm when it’s already dark. Let rabbits out at 11pm and start reading books/finishing assignments.
      Freak out when rabbits start acting strange at around 2am -lunging at the door. Stamping, growling and refusing to go near the door-(Sampras actually flops there half the time)
      Freaking out when I go to open the door. Yumi going as far as to sprint over, ears pinned and “box” at nothing when I went to open the lock. Sampras who is never vocal, starts making growling noises, ears flipping from pinned pack to strained to the door and stamping the whole night.

Sit in room with light on clutching my phone for remainder of night jumping at every minuscule sound.

• jerseygirl

@VB, did you think it was some strange new member?
      Jersey’s anniversary is coming up so I’ll have her pic there for a week as a sort of memorial. LEL Bella’s anniversary also. Our girls passed away on the same day.

Okay, my Christmas wish is that Dface and buns get happy, safe, new place to live. Or new awesome house mates.
      The sooner the better, Dface!

• LBJ10

Jersey’s picture didn’t throw me off. But I recognize Jersey, so I guess I didn’t think anything of it. LOL

Bam, LOL, yep I remember the rhyme. It was a calendar that was produced by a local organization so it doesn’t surprise me. Although I have had store bought calendars that were wrong before too.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Holy cow, Dface, that’s freaky. I’d offer for you and the buns to come stay with me and Chewie but we don’t have transporter technology yet
      I’m going to wish for the same thing as Jersey. Maybe if enough of us do it, we can BB vibe it into happening?

• Bam

LBJ, I have to say that rhyme several times a year to myself to remember the lenght of the months =) (We have it in Swedish too).

Dface, I sincerely hope you can get a safer place to live. How come your house-mates are in Uni in the first place? They don’t seem all that smart. Or maybe they’re so extraordinarily brilliant they just can’t be bothered with common sense and regard for others and all that.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Thanks Bam!! It was super fun! My time was about 33 minutes, (I was kinda upset because I was aiming for 30 minutes, so I was a couple minutes off ), but the trails were in the woods, so it was very muddy/icy/snowy. And my shoe kept getting untied. But I really enjoyed it. It makes me want to run 3 miles every day.

• Dface
      Participant

Thanks guys I had a friend come over and but in deadbolts on the door. It’s against my lease to do it, but oh well! At least I know the door is closed

There were some dead birds in the alley down from us this morning so perhaps they smelled the death and it freaked them( It freaks me out that people around here kill birds during the night) But anyway.

Haha Q8, I dont think Yumi and Chewie would enjoy that at all. I feel like there’d be a clash of personalities

Nearly impulse adopted another bun today. Little guy with teeth extracted just like Samp! I have a very soft spot for somewhat ‘broken’ pets. But common sense prevented it (what with the house not being a sure thing etc)
      I feel i should order stuff online from now on-avoid the temptation altogether

• Bam

Q8, all of GOT upsets me, really. TWD is a sweet children’s tale in comparison.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Dface. I am wishing your safety and happiness for Christmas too ( as well as Zou and Henry’s bonding success of course !!!)

Jersey. It’s a bit like having a new hairstyle!!) Of course I recognised you but something was different LOL LOL

Bam & Q8 – like a teacher with two mildly disruptive children ( ), I am going to ask you if you would like to “share with us” ??

• Dface
      Participant

Thanks Vienna, I feel like it’s more important for Zou and Henry though(I wanna see that cute big bun couple pic ! )

A few friends have offered me their homes to stay in, no pets allowed though, so it would mean the bunnies moving to live with my mom instead of me.
      As lovely (and reassuring ) as it is to have the offer, I am adamant I cant be separated-we did a 2 week trial when I went to Canada and Sampras nearly died from just getting stressed and his pasturella getting crazy out of hand-and mom did everything exactly like I would have and within two days on antibiotics he’d managed to develop pneumonia and continued to deteriorate until I got home.
      -Will never forget coming home to a rabbit that was too unwell to even get up and get treats(mom had started to sleep in the room beside their pen to make sure he didnt stop breathing during the night)

I dont think I could do that again to any of us!! XD

• Bam

Oh Vienna, it was just Moxie who did the 5 k with her two big dogs and it made me think about the wolves in Game of Thrones and Q8 commented on that

• Azerane

That’s really sweet JG, it’s been 11 months and I still can’t bring myself to change my profile pic of Bandit to Apollo and Luna.

Dface, I hope you can find somewhere else that’s nice and secure soon. That would have been a terrifying night, and I would have been just as terrified. It always made me nervous when I was still living on my own with Bandit and he would mysteriously startle at something at night that I couldn’t see or hear.

• Azerane

This has been floating around the internet today, really tickles my fancy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyHioDYJGdc

• jerseygirl

^
      The timing is perfect.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Az – you have to keep Bandit there – absolutely ! He’s just… perfect

Brilliant video – golly it must take ages for that bird to pop out and fetch a pint of milk !!

Ohhhhhhh, GOT, GAME OF THRONES !!!!! Ohhh silly me !!!! I haven’t yet been drawn into it… I believe that when I am, I shall not exit the same woman !!!

Dface – we ARE allowed two wishes for Christmas

• Bam

Vienna, GOT is very violent and horrible. I don’t really approve. Can’t stop watching though =) TWD is a million times less nauseating, but I’ve seen all the episodes there are now.

Az, I too vote Keep Bandit. Love the bird!!!

• Azerane

Haha, the music just suits the video so well

Don’t have to tell me twice to keep Bandit there I felt bad for hubby the other day, he was in the kitchen making a cup of coffee when Apollo did something really cute. I started to tell him what Apollo had done, except my brain slipped and I called him Bandit instead, so halfway through my sentence I just burst into tears. Bless his heart he came straight in to give me a hug. First time I’ve done that, I don’t normally just start crying when thinking of/talking about Bandit I think it just caught me off guard.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Sounds like a good one you got yourself there Az….. (the husband doesn’t sound too bad either…)
      I call Henry ‘Zou’ – do you think he cares? Nope !!

Also I want to apologise to you because I said the willows over here didn’t lose their leaves – well guess what…. there ain’t a green leaf left on ’em …
      Oops. Sorry furballs….

• jerseygirl

Im still waiting on my fave willow tree to get some decent leaves. The council hacked half of it away.

Also, it sprouts later then the weeping willows which are all back in leaf but spotted with orange stuff.

I haven’t seen Love4Bunny on in a while BIG HELLO L4B, if you’re reading.

• Azerane

Lol, Vienna, very true

I did actually spy a willow just a couple of days ago nearby. I may have to check it out sometime It looked reasonably healthy.

• LBJ10

You want to see some graphic stuff (blood, gore, sex, etc.)? Watch Spartacus on Starz. o_O It is sad though that the original guy to play Spartacus died in real life. He had cancer, I think. The show was on a few years ago, my husband watched it when Dish was saying they were “sorry” and gave everyone Starz free for 2 years. But if you really want to see some messed up stuff, Ash vs. Evil Dead is WAY over the top. But I guess if you watched the movies, that wouldn’t come as a surprise.

Well, I managed to sleep in all morning. Not sure how I did that. This was my first day off in awhile and I had a lot of stuff I wanted to do today. I don’t think any of it is going to get done now…

• Bam

LBJ, you probably needed sleep more than you needed to do stuff. Heath first!!

I actually hate graphic violence and sex =) But I remember the Evil Dead movies, I thought they were fun. I guess there’s a difference when things become like really unreal. Like zombies. GOT is worse because it’s people and every time you start to like a character even a little bit – then off with his head or set him on fire or maim him in some unspeakable way =( I get so angry. Bam doesn’t like it either.

Vienna, all the willow leaves are gone here too =(

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Need I say Tarantino…. ?

• Bam

Vienna, I love Tarantino! But didn’t you say his latest wasn’t so great?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yes, I was disappointed… but just got back from cinema : “Mademoiselle” 2hr25mins of Korean/Japenese mastery…. inspired by Fingersmith novel…. only a few fingers cut off at the end and a few graphic sex scenes (with “interesting” sound effects LOL!!!) but otherwise brillant!

• LBJ10

Bam, yeah, Ash vs. Evil Dead is pretty unreal. LOL Some of the stuff is so stupid, it’s funny.

• BunnyFriends
      Participant

Yep!

• Cottontail
      Participant
      1070 posts Send Private Message

2016 is almost over! Time to break out a new siggy!

I have to say, I have never gotten into GoT… every time I turned the channel to it to see if it’s interesting or not, someone is having sex or getting covered in blood so I gave it a pass.

• BunnyFriends
      Participant

I just got my first siggie. I think I’ll do a banner looking one soon, just need to get some better shots of Licorice and Winter.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: Are you talking about The Handmaiden? Servant girl and mistress kinky book collection?

• Azerane

Don’t worry Cottontail, I never got into GoT either

I’m fine with violence and blood in movies/tv etc, however I find realistic violence difficult to watch. Watching the Daredevil series on Netflix, I didn’t have any trouble watching Daredevil action sequences, but when the main villain was violent, I found that hard to watch. Still a great show though I don’t mind Quentin Tarantino films either (the more popular stuff), I quite enjoyed the Kill Bills and Django Unchained, though if I remember right Reservoir Dogs was tough to watch. I sometimes get that creepy happy whistle from the start of KB Volume I stuck in my head when I’m at work Not much of a fan of some of his other stuff though.

• Bam

Cottontail: “someone is having sex or getting covered in blood”. So, now noone else needs to waste precious time of their life watching GoT. CT has summed it all up =) And I’m not kidding!

But I do like the baby dragons.

CT, what a pretty siggy!!!

• jerseygirl

I don’t watch tv, nor own one (nor sub to net tv) but I would have passed on GOT also. Im a wimp these days. That’s all Ive ever heared about it also. So yeah, don’t feel like Im missing out.

• Azerane

^I didn’t have a TV for about 3 years, it was great. Now I’ve gone back to the dark side and watch more mindless stuff than I should. But to be fair, when I didn’t have a tv, I just spent more time on my laptop. I need to resume some of my other hobbies, technology just sucks you in.

• jerseygirl

Posted By Azerane on 12/05/2016 2:07 AM

^I didn’t have a TV for about 3 years, it was great. Now I’ve gone back to the dark side and watch more mindless stuff than I should. But to be fair, when I didn’t have a tv, I just spent more time on my laptop. I need to resume some of my other hobbies, technology just sucks you in.

Yep. This is me. Phone, laptop etc.  

• Azerane

The internet is such a vortex of time… plus games, when I still played games somewhat regularly. It’s probably just as well I don’t currently have Zoo Tycoon on my laptop, haha.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8. oh yes

• BrunosMama
      Participant

So Bruno went to the vet about her teeth Saturday. Everything turned out fine, he said it’s ok to let the tooth go for now because it is too small to remove and doesn’t have signs of inflammation or anything. He thinks it will wear itself down.

We took Harley as moral support and he ended up needing Bru to comfort HIM! Lol

When the vet started her exam, she freaked and jumped off the exam table into my arms and clbed up my shoulder, burying her face in my neck. I hate she was nervous but it was darn cute! Plus, she picked me over hubby who was standing beside me The vet thought it was cute and gave her a towel to stand on, which calmed her down.

We also got kudos from the vet for being good bunny parents. Yay!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

BM – it’s always nice to hear out loud something that the rest of us already know…

• Azerane

Good start to the day. At work for 5am, except nobody told me we weren’t starting till 6. There’s an hour more sleep I could have had.

• jerseygirl

BM, I’ve had a couple of my rabbits do that sometimes at the vet. You’re right, it is adorable. Not adorable that they are that scared of course, but that they recognise you as the safe place in that environment. its funny, sometimes they’ll do it, other times they’re more chill. Makes me wonder what they’re picking up on that freaks them out.

Azerane, I’d go get myself second breakfast if that happened to me!

Vienna, thanks for the Pilates instruction in photo thread. I did some Pilates years ago but have forgotten most. Will give those moves a go.

I’ve had zero sleep due to this back. I had trouble with it in the first half of the year and thought it had resolved but it seems to have made a reappearance. Dr & I concluded it most likely due to ovulation and I had some scans done and they were all clear. I may have to go back and get xray. That was going to be next if it continued but I had several months reprieve so I didn’t bother.
      Bleh. WIM

• jerseygirl

Q8, I keep seeing an awareness campaign online about Canadian passports and a law change. I think to do with dual citizenship? I keep meaning to bring it up. Did you know if this? Will it affect your Mom at all?
      I’ll try find link to the specifics. Sorry for being vague.

ETA:  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/dual-canadian-citizens.asp

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Thanks, Jersey. It’s really good to know, but my mom always travels on her Canadian passport – less hassle even if she sometimes gets charged more for visas than if she travelled on her EU one.

• jerseygirl

• LBJ10

Haha! Wooly will try to climb up on me at the vet’s office. Poor thing wants to get away from that evil vet lady.

• Azerane

BrunosMama, I missed your post before. It’s sad that Harley got so scared at the vet, but it honestly is a very heartwarming experience. I had it happen once with the second bun I ever owned. The vet was handling him and he panicked and leapt straight up into my arms. Thank goodness I caught him! Warmed my heart that he ran to me for safety though

JG, sorry to hear about your back troubles. This may be TMI but since we’re sharing… I get back pain during my period. I think because my stomach is cramping, my back muscles compensate and because I subconsciously don’t stand up as straight to minimise the pain, I end up with a sore back.

• Bam

Bam always jumps into my arms at the vets. It’s probably the slippery table. I do understand that it needs to have a slippery surface, but buns don’t like slippery. It feels like a compliment when he does it, but it’s scary too.

Ellie, Happy Sinterklaas! 

Everybody: Happy St Nick’s Day! 

• JPetrucci84
      Participant
      256 posts Send Private Message

I love how Cinder nips ME when we’re at the Vet. I’m not the one examining her, there’s a professional for that lol. It’s my fault, though, probably since I brought her there. lol

• Bam

Hi JPetrucci! That’s really cute (but, I imagine, painful). “It was your idea”. And it was. Much cleverer really than seeking protection in the arms of the horrible hoomin who brought you.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Saint Nick’s! And my celebration! Woohoo!

Just finished a great Swedish movie: A Man Called Ove. Sooo good

• kaylyne28
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

Oh no!! I’m hoping that my baby bun, Ellie,  behaves at her first vet visit today. Cross your finger for me because I’ve already been bit while grooming dogs this week and I don’t know how many more I can take on my poor hands!

• Bam

Crossing my fingers kaylyne28!

I haven’t seen that movie, Q8. My SO can’t stand the lead actor, so I’ll have to see it with someone else. I’m glad you liked it =)
      I’m deep into GoT now. It took two seasons before I was completely hooked. I just love Peter Dinklage’s character.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

My heart is sinking slightly as I picture this weekend when I return to the UK for 3 days and take the fur monsters with me.

SOOOOO much organisation.

Cages for travel, bigger than vet carriers, smaller than onsite cages…. then take onsite cages as travel cages too small for living in.
      2 litterboxes and accessoires and food and shelving and Ikea buns…

Then barriers too, as Z&H are not free roaming at their grandparents’ house !

But to do THAT, I have to dismantle everything in the kitchen to do all this as cage and barriers are the kitchen set up here at home… and this isn’t even the drop off at bonding house… this is just a trip home with no bunny sitter here. phewieeeee

Then I come back here for a few days work, then REPEAT to take them back for bonding I HOPE !!!!

My eyes are boggling at the thought of the juggling of buns in cages, carriers and areas, so they don’t come into contact with each other, WHILST I’m packing up the car with said cages and carriers !!

• jerseygirl

Hooley Dooley! Im exhausted just reading what you’ll have to do, VB. There probably is too little time, but could you see if your parents know of anyone or anywhere that you could borrow/hire some pens from?

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

I’m sorry, Vienna.. it is boggling!!! And sounds stressful!!! Hope it ends well and turns out not too stressful.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Thanks. Me too…..

• Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      1988 posts Send Private Message

Fingers crossed Kaylyne!

Whew, what a logistic operation Vienna. Hoping everything will go smoothly!

I had that long-expected job interview today with the CEO and the head of the department. Whew that was difficult, intense and also very relieving. Upsides: great company, very interesting work that suits me very well, and nice people. Downsides: my education doesn’t match completely (they’re looking for electrical engineers/physicists while I’m a chem eng), and they’d prefer a lab tech who would also be able to travel a lot to visit customers. That last part is tricky because of my disability, and the CEO and manager disagreed on how important this criterium should be in a candidate for the lab.

It ended on a light note with a hint of humour and a cheeky remark from my side which had the CEO roaring in laughter. They told me that they still had to discuss some things, and that they would contact me as soon as there was news. I responded with: “Have fun gossiping about me, and I’m looking forward to hear from you again!” Me and my big mouth… So I honestly don’t know how I did: I may have made a total @$$ out of myself, or I may have done brilliantly. We’ll just wait and see ^_^

• jerseygirl

I was wondering about the job situation Ellie. It sounds positive to me, the interaction at least. The may place you in something other then the original position perhaps?

One of our former forum leaders was a chemical engineer. She worked in her field but then ended up working at a job that was more mechanical engineering. I *think* Ive got that the right way around… I wish she was still active on her so you could chat with her.
      Also, I miss her input and hearing about her bunnies and dog.

Participant

I’m hoping they have something for me, yes Lab would still be ideal, I’m not really a people person, so sales is out of the question.

There wasn’t a position in the first place, but I applied anyway. The CEO thought that this was a bit cheeky (again?), but that it came in at the right time. They’re looking to expand over the next 2 years and many employees will have reached their pension in the next 15 years.

There was also talk that they wanted to move to my home town within 2 years, which would be ideal of course. It’s in a neighbouring town, 40 minutes by bike and a full hour by public transport. Bike it is then, unless my joints and muscles are acting up.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Wow! Healthy commute!

Vienna: I’ve got a long weekend and would offer to fly down and help you with your yowzers bun-juggling act, but my mumsy arrives this Friday

• LBJ10

Facebook seems to think some GOT actor died in real life. No clue what that’s all about. I don’t watch the show.

Ellie – I wouldn’t be discouraged just yet. Sometimes they will call you in for an interview, not really have a place for you right at that moment, but keep you on file and then end up calling in a month or two.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yah… great Brit actor Peter Vaughan. He played Maester Aemon, but people might know him more from movies like Time Bandits, Remains of the Day, and Death at a Funeral (also with Peter Dinklage aka Tyrion Lannister)

• LBJ10

I’m assuming you mean the British version of Death at a Funeral. I don’t think he was in the American remake.

• kaylyne28
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

Eep well I have some good and some bad news… Ellie was very well behaved at the vet but the bad news…she has snuffles :/ 10 days of Baytril antibiotics. I’m really hoping that it clears up because I have to leave her with a pet sitter on the 16th while I’m out of country! Just over stressed and worried…

In other news though I finally watched the latest season of GoT and I was so disappointed! Ugh nothing beats season 2. Oh well…

• Azerane

I’m glad the interview went well Ellie, even if there’s nothing concrete for you there at the moment it’s always promising.

Trying to hold off on eating Dinner, I’ve been so hungry for about 2 hours but it was way too early to eat. Only 15 more minutes to wait until a respectable time, lol.

ETA: Just sitting here minding my own business, when I hear one of the bunnies drinking. “Awww” I think, and look over. Luna is out in the playpen, and Apollo is a foot away from the water bowl… drinking pee  The worst part is, I don’t know for sure whose pee it was. Sometimes I don’t even know why I bother cleaning the litter tray (literally cleaned it 20 minutes ago).

Participant

@kaylynn: Awww, poor Ellie. I hope it clears up soon with the ABs. Normally I’d prescribe extra cuddles, a snuggly blanket and lots of love, but I have the sneaky suspicion you’re already taking care of those ^_^

@Azerane: yikes, that is frustrating. I totally get your frustration, Breintje has episodes like those too. Just when you thought you had him in the habit….splash! Are they on the bare cage floor? Sometimes stripping all the bedding from the cage helps, leaving only the litter box filled with soft materials. I also reward Breintje every time he goes in the litter box. It’s a long process. Oh my they can be so bloody stubborn!

• Azerane

Yes, the bare cage floor. I think there’s only ever been one pee on the fleece, if they miss the box (usually Apollo), he does it right next to the box where the fleece doesn’t cover.

• jerseygirl

Potamus is the worst when I do litterbox cleaning. She nearly aways will pee or poop on the floor where the box was. Ive taken to putting newpaper there while I deal with the box cleaning.

• Azerane

Apollo sometimes does that, but the box was back

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

The vets last week sent me off with a leaflet on how to correctly look after your bunny.
      No nasty stuff. Lots of scrummy stuff

The amounts were surprising (we’ve always talked in cups of this.)

Leafy greens /veg : For every 1kg, bunny should have 40g morning AND eve (no idea how much their meals weigh)

Pellets : For every 1kg, bunny should (can) have 20g morning AND eve.

That makes 200g per day for mine, each !! They wish !!!! Yowzer ! Way too much.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

10g of pellets is almost a tablespoon at our house So yeah… 20tbs mor & eve sounds a bit much

• Azerane

Had to weigh my pellets now

Mine weigh 11g per tablespoon. So each bun gets 22 grams per day. If we go by your vet’s thinger, each would be getting 120g daily, which is 12 tablespoons, lol. I can’t even imagine feeding them that much. They would be so fat Luna would be happy though, haha.

• Bam

Vienna, Bam would like a copy of that leaflet. It’s important PROOF I’m under-feeding him. He’d glue it onto the pellets-jar.
      I find most feed-recommendations both for buns and dogs way too generous unless the animal is very young, pregnant or lactating. Bun and dog don’t agree.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

And the vet had to cheek to say Zou was overweight (she is.. but ladies don’t like to hear that) and that I should read his chart to feed her properly (she would explode!! Henry would be in heaven!)

I’ve just bought a (another!) new crate to go in the car. Bigger than the travel carrier (vet visits) but smaller than the big cage which doesn’t fit (erected) in the car!!
      Now, to fit it in the car with the other one. Life will be SOOOOOO much easier when they are bonded….. WHEN (not if !)

• Bam

I fear all our buns would be in heaven all too soon if we gave them that much pellets =(

I so sincerely hope you manage to bond them or get them bonded. It was really impractical to have 2 unbonded buns. I’d really like Bam to have a bonded friend, but he seems so happy and relaxed now it feels very risky to bring home another rabbit. He probably lived in terror all Yohio’s life. I still look at rabbit rehoming ads though (no bunny shelters or rescues here). And my heart breaks every time.

It seems yesterday was the national Christmas tree day in Britain.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oh bam! So do i. Thats all I want for Christmas this year !! Going to see the bonder this w-e (just for a chat and to see her bunny setup)… quite excited ?

• Azerane

Just finished making 48 days worth of parrot food. We’re all set for a while At the start I always think “this is going to be great”. Then 3/4 of the way through I think “why am I doing this, it’s taking forever!!” and then when I’m done it’s like “I am awesome!”. lol

I really hope you can get Zou and Henry bonded soon Would be so awesome and we could see lots of giant snuggle bunny pics

• Q8bunny
      Participant

egad… i’m daydreaming about zou/henry tandem cuteness already

• LBJ10

So… does anyone know anyone in Hawaii?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Sorry LBJ, no. Shame though !

the fur monsters are currently traveling through the BIGGEST tunnel they will ever experience!!! LOL
      The channel tunnel in my car !! HAHAHA
      lets see if I can post a photo on my phone… (dont hold your breath!!!)

Nope. Must be too heavy. I’ll do it later. Oh no I cant, I’ve only got my ipad with me…. grrrrrr….

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2244 posts Send Private Message

My youngest got back from his first term away at uni last night, time to sort the Christmas cheer…

1, 2, 3, job done

…and yes, that’s all folks  that’s our house fully decorated for Christmas, easy to bun proof by height, easy to tidy away what’s left, i.e. 3 empty tins  Just call us minimalistic, it sounds so much better than Scrooge lol

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Left, blue. Middle brown. Right, green.
      Please.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

green triangles? they’re everyones favourite

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Nope, the fudge (or is it the coconut??)….. I’m not fussy, they’re all scrummy !!!

Just back from bunny lady…. quite excited but trying to keep feet firmly on ground to avoid disappointment.
      She has a nice set up, a huge shed with all her rescued rats, ferrets, piggies, chinchillas and cats and a separate nice 6x6ft shed for the bonding… she is saying all the right things to my BinkyBunny trained ears and the buns she is bonding at present will be spending their first night together tonight (woooooo) and if all goes well i will be able to leave Zou and Henry with her on Monday…..

Z&H are now settled in at their London hotel and are eating, peeing and pooping perfectly.

• LBJ10

Poo. I’m on a mission. I’m trying to find environmental, nature-y, etc. organizations in Hawaii. I found the nature center, but we won’t be on either of those islands. =\

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hawaiian tourist board…..? Eco friendly holidays….?

• LBJ10

No… more like places to visit from a “professional” point of view. Like I would want to work there one day.

• Bam

Vienna, that is SO exciting! I’m still amazed there are actual professional bunny bonders.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Where there are tourists there are people making a living…..

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Bam. I dont know if she would describe herself as such…. she says she started because someone in the area (less experienced, was charging A LOT more to bond bunnies (she sent one of her rescue buns to this lady, and the bun came back very wounded ) and so she thought she’d set this up. For the price she asks and the work involved i dont know how anyone can make ends meet, but I’m telling you this now, if (WHEN) i pick up a happily bonded pair and they get home and still don’t kill each other, then i shall surprise her with a…. surprise of some sort…

I am sleeping with my fingers and toes crossed tonight and for the next two weeks and then and only then will I be able to shut up (lol) about the “Zou and Henry” saga and leave you in peace about it….

• Azerane

Dory’s out today. I feel bad because it’s the first time she’s been out since we put out the tree. I have opened the door for her previously. But I waited 2 hours and she didn’t come out so I had to close it again. This time she was out in about 10 seconds flat. It’s been interesting, we’ve had a lot of firsts today. First time she’s landed on the bunny cage, first time she’s tried to eat their hay, first time one of the bunnies (Apollo) has come up to sniff her.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) she hasn’t landed on the Christmas tree so I don’t have any footage to share of that. The only problem so far is that she tried to land where I’m drying calendula flowers for the bunnies. Wing gusts and dried flowers do not mix well and there’s now calendula everywhere, lol.

ETA: Spoke literally one minute too soon, haha. She’s now been on the tree and I have some dark film to prove it

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Vienna: I can only imagine how relieved we’ll all… errr… you’ll be
      No. Seriously. It will be glorious.

Az: Isn’t that how it always goes?

• LBJ10

• Bam

LBJ, my mother was in Malmö (city in the article) the other day and saw that, she told me about it only yesterday =) It’s really cute!

Vienna, I’m so SO keeping my fingers crossed for their happy bonding! Will they be staying with the bonder for 2 weeks?

Azerane, it does sound like a bit of a mess with the calendula and all. Do parrts like to collect shiny things the way magpies do? I’m thinking about your tree ornaments.

• Azerane

Haha, not to my knowledge. She did knock one ornament off the tree, but I think that was accidental, and she was playing with the string of one, but overall she behaved pretty well. I think she was a little put off because I came right up to make sure she didn’t get into too much trouble

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s so cute!
      I love the idea of infusing a bit of whimsy and magic in concrete jungles.

Participant

What a wonderful and cute idea to brighten up a city!

@vienna: sending you all the bonding vibes in the world

I’m spending a very lazy sunday afternoon with Breintje. I’m knitting on the couch, and taking short breaks occassionally to progress our training in voice commands.

So far he knows:
      “Breintje, hokje!” which means “Breintje, cage!”. It works like a charm, he jumps into his cage and he gets a treat. Far easier than trying to catch him…

He also knows “Breintje, kom maar!” which means “Breintje, it’s okay to come over!”. I had some pretty strict rules about joining me on the couch when I’m eating. He gets overenthousiastic bordering on aggressive when he wants my food and he doesn’t get it. If he’s well-behaved I call him over with that command, and he gets a bit of my fruit. It didn’t take long to get that one in.

The next command I want him to learn is to get in his travel cage hassle-free. We’ve already put it in the living room, and he uses it as a hideout. Now I’m trying to use “Breintje, op reis!” or “Breintje, travelling”. The command “Breintje, travel cage” sounded too much like the other command, and he jumped in the other cage full of expectance. Let’s see how quickly he picks this up. I love the training process and the results are so convenient!

• Cottontail
      Participant

I’m such a bad BBer!
      I got caught up with bunny drama again and haven’t been back on here. Guess who’s involved AGAIN? Velvet. She is seriously trying to outdo Pete for the most expensive bunny!

Long story short, I messed up and left a gap in the barricade about an inch wide and she stuck her nose in, resulting in Tilly latching on to it! She’s got 6 stitches but is doing well. She’s a tough cookie, but such a little pain in the tail! I wish my ladies would behave! If this keeps up I’m going to find a way to make a bunny muzzle that allows them to eat but not bite! X_X

• BunnyFriends
      Participant

I had a rather stressful day and came home to Winter wanting cuddles. The instant reliever.

• LBJ10

Hi CT!!! You really need to drop in more often. I remember seeing something about Velvet on FB, but I haven’t been to active on there lately. Poor baby.

• Azerane

Ellie, that’s one very well trained bun

Cottontail, how awful that she had to have stitches! Such naughty bunnies. I hope she is on the mend now though.

I’m extremely frustrated right now, trying to edit video and the program just keeps crashing time and time again, that is when I can even get it to open in the first place. It’s driving me insane, it shouldn’t be this difficult. Seriously considering switching to a different video editor because I’ve had nothing but problems with Pinnacle.

• jerseygirl

12 days until Christmas and… I’ve done zero Christmas shopping. 

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Bonder texted me last night. Her current bunny pair left her house paw in paw yesterday (ahhh bless) and so she’s waiting for me to take Z&H to her place, TODAY!!!!!

OMG. I’m excited and worried, and guilty and yet know it’s the right thing to do. I suppose like a parent who has a child going off the rails and knows military camp will be good for them….. LOL.

All BB fingers crossed please….. (that’s surely got to be powerful enough to succeed)….!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Lots of fingers n paws crossed x

• jerseygirl

Ooh! You might have bonded buns by Christmas after all. Fingers are crossed!

Just because im a nervous nelly, I suggest giving your fluffers a 9 day course of panacur once they come home (bonded). As precaution in case they pick up anything from other rabbits having been there.

• Bam

Vienna, that’s SO exciting! Keeping fingers and paws crossed for you!

Cottontail, that’s terrible. It’s very typical of bunnies though. They only disguise themselves as cute little balls of fluff. Deep down they’re dragons.

Ellie, that sounds lovely, and so practical. Breintje is living up to his name =)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oh, really….? Ooo hadn’t thought of that… i’ll have a chat to my vet.

Also when i pick them up on xmas eve “together”…. can they go in the cage that Zou has just spent 3 days in? (Washed out of course….)
      Do I need new (huge) litter tray, throw away ALL toys, soapy wash all food and water bowls, and put “Ikea buns” in a long, white vinegar hot wash ?

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I knew Gina and Podge were bonded when Gina was happy to let Podge lie down on her beloved blankey! Nothing got thrown away, the floor got a got mopping down was all that was needed, so don’t be too quick to bin everything!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Seriously? On Christmas eve? *swoons*

• Cottontail
      Participant

i believe that they might actually be fuzzy little dragons!
      They are so destructive! Especially to each other! Velvet immediately came to me for comfort and Tilly hid until I called her. They are my two most affectionate and my two most likely to cause a vet visit or heartburn. I love my ladies… but down the road if we add another bun it’s probably going to be another boy! They are so much less trouble! They just make messes and get gassy tummies… the girls make their literal marks on the place!

Also, I am really jealous of the fact that bonding services actually exist and that people have access to them. If we had that down here I would happily drop whatever cost they ask to get some help with these 4!

Participant

Hehehe, my BF has made that same observation: with rabbits the ladies are the worst mischief-makers, while the boys tend to become cuddlebugs. Good luck managing the mayhem!

@Azerane, yes, training is really fun for the both of us. It has made things so much easier, because Breintje refused to be caught to be put in his cage. He used to make a game out of it, the little stinker. Me stumbling after him, while he was zooming and binkying around the coffee table. It’s working perfectly for the both of us: he gets more treats, I get to keep a shred of dignity.

I’ve been studying today, for the first time in a while. Been brushing up on my electrotechnical knowledge, just in case when I do get that phonecall. Breintje is very disgruntled, as I’m not on the couch but studying at the dinner table. He tried to walk on the wooden floor towards the dinner table, but kept slipping and I put him back on the carpet. He can’t sit with me now, and I’m getting the stink-eye from the other side of the room.

• Azerane

@Jersey, that’s not good at all We still have more to do, planning to go out tomorrow and hopefully finish. Only my nieces and nephews are getting gifts so far

Vienna, how exciting that they’re going off to be bonded now! The 12 days of bunny Christmas is true! You’ll get two bonded buns!

Yes it is very handy, I had Bandit trained to go back in his cage (except for the odd occasion he just wasn’t in the mood, usually if I was running late for something). I’m tempted to clicker train Luna because she is so food motivated I think she would respond really well, but it’s hard to train with another bunny around, and she refuses food if I pick her up and take her somewhere else.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

As of 19h00 tonight I am bunnyless….. they are at bootcamp. It’s all out of my hands for 10days…..

PS. It’s Henry the mischief maker, Zou is totally calm and regal. ?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 yes christmas eve (or 23rd if i can get back over)

and just HOW excited are you at the moment…..? Mummy is due overrrrrrrrrr….. ?

• vanessa
      Participant
      2212 posts Send Private Message

SO I’m having a baby 🙂 A little June bug 🙂 Super exited. So now the cat and the guests get evicted from the soon to be baby room, and the cat also gets evicted from sleeping onmy bed during winter nights I don’t want her getting into the baby basinet. I’mm need a play pen to keep baby and dogs separate (big heavy bouncy border collies), and locks on the bird/bunny room for a toddler (a few years downt he line). But in the mean time, a june bug baby 🙂

• jerseygirl

Aw, Congratulations! I hope pregnancy has been treating you well so far.
      This is your 1st baby?

My sister’s baby is also due in June.

• Bam

Vanessa, that’s wonderful news! Congratulations!!! A June bug baby =)

Jersey, congratulations to your sister and you too =)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ah now that has COMPLETELY trumped Z&H saga!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! How exciting. Do you think he/she will have straight ears or lop ears??!!! LOL.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Congrats

And Vienna: We’ve got fingers, toes, and paws crossed for you guys…
      Mum’s been here since Friday night. Chewie won’t let her and her squishy house slippers that he chewed in secret out of his sight now. And he’s pooped and peed in his snack box. On his fresh hay. And wet her bed (gate’s up now). My perfect little boy is…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Your perfect little boy is….. a bit put out that he has to share HIS home with an unknown guest….
      Back to basics training….

Henry jumps on my new slippers, not sure what it is about them but i have to walk like a lizard one foot up and the other down….

• Bam

Henry is probably courting your slippers, Vienna. Or regarding them as intruders. When my SO had black slippers I frequently mistook them for Bam (not while he was wearing them though).

Participant

Congratulations Vanessa!

Sorry to hear that Q8, it’ll be quite hard to describe how cute he usually is if he’s being such a little monster. He’s probably out of sorts because it’s such a big change from his normal routine, and rabbits really really like their routine.

Lol @Vienna: but can you blame Henry? I mean, those slippers really do play hard-to-get and that’s irresistible to any man.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Not thaaat hard. He hopped on my mom’s lap for a petting and then her shoulder for a treat on the first night.

Participant

Well, WTF??? I just took my bike to the shopping centre, and when I came out of the store someone had used my bicycle bag as a place to dump his/her rubbish! There was a half-eaten large portion of fries upside-down in it, dripping with sauce (a Dutch version of a poutine). Of course they didn’t leave a calling card, as usual…

Lovely surprise, standing there in the rain with 3 heavy bags and nowhere to put them. I ended up taking out the bottom of the bag and scraping it off with a couple of paper handkerchiefs. I swear people are getting crazier by the day

Or maybe the nightguard accidentally left the door of the psych ward open when he went out for a smoke, we’ll never know I guess…

• LBJ10

Well, that was completely random. LOL Congrats Vanessa!

Oh no Ellie, that’s awful. People are so inconsiderate sometimes. Then again, they were being somewhat considerate in that they didn’t throw them on the ground. =\

• Azerane

Congratulations Vanessa! That’sgreat news

Ellie, as much as I see that sort of thing happen where I work, I still can’t believe people do it. It’s disgusting.

Q8 at least Chewie’s making up for it by being adorable at the same time how could anyone not love that little ball of dandelion fluff!

• vanessa
      Participant

Thank you. Yes – first human child. I suspect that since I have so many fur.feather children, the quesiton of my human baby might not be strait or lop ears, but fur or feathers!
      Ellie – it’s sure funny watchign them on wood. My bunnies won’t walk on wood. If there is no runner on the wood, they won’t touch it. Same goes for tile.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s awful, Ellie

What. A. Tosser.

Some people are just what I like to call social turds. Not a thought to anyone other than themselves.

• Barrett
      Participant
      269 posts Send Private Message

Well, I think I just had my first Patton tantrum last night.

I’m not the world’s greatest bundad. I admit. I get away with a few things here and there due to my immensely patient bunny. 

But yesterday, we ran out of timothy pellets, Patton’s usual food. I have never put a huge effort into weaning him into timothy hay. There has been a cardboard box full of hay in his pen for weeks. As far as I can tell ignored despite the occasional refresh.

So it’s 11pm. The pet shop is closed. I decide ‘if he’s hungry enough, he will eat. A snapped stalk of celery in there with the hay and we’re good.

The next morning, the cardboard box is empty! All the hay is gone!

No, Patton just decided to give himself a nice thick carpet of timothy hay. And the water dish! Don’t forget the water dish. Yup. That was fun to have to hurry up and clean when I already don’t have enough time before I go to work.

Suffice it to say, timothy pellets were forthcoming. Oy…

Oh and one more thing-

CONGRATS VANESSA!!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

For those piggy lovers out there….. now this is some serious luxury guinea pig homes….. not Buckingham, not Beckingham, but Pigingham palace !!! LOL
      OK so the vid is long, but zap through and you”ll see their paradise !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KfPxcq5XeM

• vanessa
      Participant

Thanks barret 🙂
      Vienna isn’t the cat the cutest in that video?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

She’s prob thinking, WHAT are all these little things doing scampering around…… and that yappy thing…… I’m soooo happy on these stairs away from it all…… ?

• Reesebun
      Participant

Yay! I had a snow day on Monday and now another one today!

• vanessa
      Participant

Nice on the snow day. We are looking at 14 degrees F tonight. I know – not nearly as cold as some parts of the country. My brother is in Missouri – about as close to the border of Canada as one can get… and their high is 7. Yikes. My Turaco (fruit earing birds) and quail are in an outdoor aviary. They have heat lamps and heated perches, and heated water.

• LBJ10

It’s supposed to be COLD this weekend. Wind chills are supposed to be dangerous. They are talking freezing rain and ice tomorrow.

• Reesebun
      Participant

Wind chill here wasn’t too bad, only around -2

• Bam

LBJ, that does NOT sound nice at all!

We had about 32 F yesterday and everything was so pretty. It rained the day before so all trees and shrubs and hig grasses had a very Christmas-card-like coating of glittering ice on them. But it all thawed away in the afternoon. Today it’s raining again =/

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I changed my continental quilt / doona / duvet (! lol) last night for old fashioned (and old!!) sheets and blankets….

I’m fed up (and now very tired) of waking up in the night twice or three times, hot kicking off quilt, then dragging back on then kicking it off again….. gggrrrrr.

Apart from it being quite heavy on my legs (c-quilts are so light and fluffy) I think it worked. Only woke up once….

And is there really a difference between buying a duvet for 20 eur and 200 eur???

Participant

Gah, that’s so annoying Vienna! Nothing to ruin your day like broken nights. Hope that sheets and blankets works better for you
      I’m a huge fan of a thin summer duvet, because I get very warm while sleeping. I roll myself into it with only my eyes and nose sticking out and lay there baking in the heat, my boyfriend calls it a purrrito.

In the meantime: good news! More and more Dutch supermarkets are banning rabbit meat because consumers are arguing against it. More than half of the supermarkets have stopped completely, others will follow soon.

• LBJ10

I fell while leaving work today. It hurts to sit now. =\ I was very scared on the way home. There was a thin sheet of ice on EVERYTHING and the roads were very slick. People were inching along the whole way home. It took forever.

• BrunosMama
      Participant

Hope it feels better soon. LBJ!

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

Cold here too, yesterday the high was 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Feel better soon, LBJ *hug*

• vanessa
      Participant

Yikes LBJ10 that sucks! Hope you feel better soon.

• Dface
      Participant

Had a guest over friday night, left saturday day. Rabbits thoroughly unimpressed.
      Decided to forget all litter habits, making sure there was no doubt that the pen was 100% undeniably THEIR pen (Pee in ALL the places)

Yumi was pretty unphased..think she was just doing it because Samp was doing it. But Sampras was so disgusted that he refused to even leave his cage after my friend had left, preferring to give me the butt. I was so worried I actually brought him to the vet to make sure he was okay!
      The pair of them have spent this evening chinning anything that the new person touched.
      I know from home that Samp is a pretty shy guy, but this is a new level!

Theyve made such a liar of me!
      “My rabbits are nice, they arent scared of me at all, they are really friendly…”
      …*proceed to act like they have never seen a human in their lives before*

• vanessa
      Participant

Crazy icy this weekend.

• LBJ10

Ugh, why am I so tired? Oh yeah… I know why. *sigh* Remind me again why I’m working 2 jobs?

• Azerane

Aww that sucks. Fortunately I haven’t had to do that, but it’s something that I was seriously considering at one stage. I can’t imagine the toll it must take.

I’m tired because I only got less than 4 hours sleep Hoping I can stay awake till bed time so that I can sleep well tonight.

• LBJ10

Azerane – it’s not as bad as it could be. It’s only an extra 15-ish hours per week. On the bright side, they don’t need me this week since the deadline for getting something shipped to you before Christmas has passed.

• Azerane

An extra 15 hours a week would destroy me But I suppose it depends what you’re already doing. I’m glad you get a bit of a break leading up to Christmas though

Hubby and I recently got home from seeing Rogue One. I have a few gripes, but overall I really enjoyed it. I won’t spoil it for anyone

Participant

Oof, that sounds though. Hope you’ll get a bit of breathing room before Christmas LBJ!

@Azerane: I’m so excited for it as well. There is a big chance that we’ll see it at Christmas. Last year my mother in law was stressing out while making the Christmas dinner. Dad decided to kick all the young folk out for the afternoon, and got us tickets for TFA. Super stoked for Rogue One Thanks for not spoilering!

[Rant] Being a woman…not fair… Grrr.. We had a huge pregnancy-scare because my period was 5 days late. Now it’s back with a vengeance, with super unfortunate timing as well *Curls up on couch with blanket, book, tea and bunny*[/rant]

• Reesebun
      Participant

I feed Reese a quarter cup of bunny food every day, but is it bad that I don’t feed her fresh veggies every day? I give them to her around twice a week and I want to know if that is alright. I hope I’m not a horrible bunny mom!

• Reesebun
      Participant

I feed Reese a quarter cup of bunny food every day, but is it bad that I don’t feed her fresh veggies every day? I give them to her around twice a week and I want to know if that is alright. I hope I’m not a horrible bunny mom!

• Bam

You’re not a horrible bunny mum as long as Reese always has access to good quality hay.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I REALLY want to see Rogue One but I need to wait until I can pirate a copy cuz the Kuwait cinema version is apparently badly butchered.

Aaand… I’M ON WINTER VAYCAY NOW!

Participant

No, I think Reese has a great life with you Fresh veg is an extra, not a requirement as long as she has fresh hay.

Yay, I’m totally over the moon. I’ve been invited to a second interview at the company where I applied two weeks ago. This time they also want to invite my reintegration counselor. Things are getting serious now!

• LBJ10

We’ll have to wait a little while yet for the new Star Wars movie. It’s impossible to get a reservation now.

That’s great Ellie! If they want to meet with both of you, then that sounds really promising. Hopefully you feel better by then.

• Azerane

Posted By Q8bunny on 12/20/2016 6:18 AM

I REALLY want to see Rogue One but I need to wait until I can pirate a copy cuz the Kuwait cinema version is apparently badly butchered.

Aaand… I’M ON WINTER VAYCAY NOW!

The theatre we were at actually had a power surge while we were there, so first the picture went black, and then the whole movie just died… everyone was very sad. But they had it back on a few minutes later and did rewind it a bit for us And fortunately it wasn’t during a super dramatic moment or anything.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Azerane on 12/20/2016 4:18 AM

Hubby and I recently got home from seeing Rogue One. I have a few gripes, but overall I really enjoyed it. I won’t spoil it for anyone

Me and the boys just back in from watching it too I’d go with a few gripes but enjoyable too. Pippi is showing what he thinks of being left home alone by insisting on sitting on the keyboard. Sooo hard to type

• Bam

Ellie, that’s so exciting!!! Yay!!!
      Q8, happy vacay!

• LBJ10

*sigh* I saw the cutest bunny at the humane society last night. My husband doesn’t want another one though. Especially since there would be such a huge age difference.

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By bam on 12/20/2016 5:59 AM
      You’re not a horrible bunny mum as long as Reese always has access to good quality hay.

Thanks for telling me! She does get fresh hay every day

• BunnyFriends
      Participant

It’s warm again, no chance of snow. Just rain. Ah well.

On a side note, the bunnies will be trying bok choy today. My hopes aren’t high with Winter, at this point I’m just trying to put some weight on her, but using a variety of veggies (pellets and hay of course). One rabbit slightly chubby but just fine, the other needing weight gain.

LBJ — you can work on him. . .

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yay, Ellie! To me, it sounds like they’re seriously interested (pfff… what employer in their right mind wouldn’t be?)

• Bam

Happy Winter/ Summer Solstice- day! (Depending on which hemisphere you’re in.)

Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 12/20/2016 9:45 PM

Yay, Ellie! To me, it sounds like they’re seriously interested (pfff… what employer in their right mind wouldn’t be?)

*blush*  Thank you ^_^

It was of course due to my exceptional people skills, expertly done phonecalls and my charming rabbit-in-headlights face when meeting new people. *Cough* At least I fit in well at tech companies

• Deleted User
      Participant
      17456 posts Send Private Message

Bunny Presents wrapped and in their bunny sacks.

Cardboard castle has arrived! Cannot wait to put it up (will be putting it up tonight as we are going to my parents over Christmas so they wont be able to play with it there – They don’t know its Christmas anyway ha ha)

So excited to see them playing with this, I will put a post in Toys either tonight or tomorrow

• Bam

That’s a lovely castle, Axgizmo!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Hi1 *waves* my schedule doesn’t seem to be *too* busy for the next week and a half, so hopefully I’ll get to catch up a bit!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Has anybody ever watched ‘The Office’ on Netflix? I’ve recently gotten really into it- I find it amusing, ha ha!!

• LBJ10

The Office? I remember when it was in TV.

I’m eating a disappointing piece of pizza at work right now.

• sarahthegemini
      Participant
      5584 posts Send Private Message

Posted By AxGizmo on 12/21/2016 8:38 AM

Bunny Presents wrapped and in their bunny sacks.

Cardboard castle has arrived! Cannot wait to put it up (will be putting it up tonight as we are going to my parents over Christmas so they wont be able to play with it there – They don’t know its Christmas anyway ha ha)

So excited to see them playing with this, I will put a post in Toys either tonight or tomorrow

That’s the one my bunnies have!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ…. lol…. I’ve never heard the description of “a disappointing piece of pizza”

• LBJ10

Well, it was disappointing…

*sigh* Why does Leopold have a tummy ache again? Jeez….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Is there maybe one fresh nom he’s just not tolerating anymore? (((Leo)))

• LBJ10

Q8 – I don’t know what it is. I actually didn’t give him any veggies tonight because I came home to find him acting like that. Instead, I put some willow leaves out for him thinking maybe those would help. I told him that if he kept it up, he’d be getting medicine. Sure enough, I just got done giving him some simethicone. He wasn’t happy, fought, then finally gave up. Then I rubbed his belly. It felt gassy. So hopefully it will work it’s way out now. This certainly isn’t unusual for him. He will just have gas for seemingly no reason. I give him some medicine and then he’s better not too long after that. It just worries me, that’s all. =\

On a brighter note, I brought home a new bunny tonight. It’s big, white, and floppy! He was one of the white elephant gifts. I will take him to my parents house so my niece can have him. He probably needs to be washed first though. I don’t think I have a garment bag big enough for him.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Little stinker, worrying his mommy like that
      I noticed that the few times Chewie’s been gassy, he toots quickly if I pick up his hind quarters (usually put my hands on his hips/thighs to get a nice firm but gentle hold) and raise his bum in the air a bit. Kind of like playing wheelbarrow when we were kids and we held someone’s legs up so they can walk around on their hands. Bunny yoga, but air bubbles rise, so it works the gas out in toots quickly for instant relief

• Bam

LBJ: (((((Leopold)))))

White elephant gifts! We do that too, I had to look up the term, here it’s just called the Christmas gift game. It’s probably the last year we’ll be doing it since my niece will be 15 next year, and she’s the only child we have in the family.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

But Bam, unless it’s not the same meaning, white elephant means second hand gifts. (Which presumably is why LBJ wants to wash it…?)
      Or maybe it means anonymous, which in the uk is Chris Cringle gifts (or suchlike)

• Bam

Oh, Vienna, thank you! Wikipedia didn’t specify or maybe I didn’t read it properly =) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange

We buy gifts both second hand and new stuff. And it’s all anonymous, so we wrap all the gifts in newspaper. Just small things. I didn’t find anything really good this year. Sometimes you can find hilarious stuff in charity shops.

• Reesebun
      Participant

I’ve had pleanty of disappointing pizzas in my life: Pizza Hut, Jets, Little Caeser, Carmelo’s, Domino’s, and Pizza Ranch. By disappointing I really mean gross. When we want pizza we normally make it at home.

• LBJ10

White elephant gifts here mean that you find something laying around your house and you wrap it. Everyone brings one, they go in a pile and it’s all anonymous. You set up a method for taking turns. When it’s your turn, you can either choose a gift from the pile to open or you can steal someone else’s gift that they already opened. Somehow I don’t think kids would find that part amusing. LOL

One of the “gifts” I opened was an old 35mm camera and 3 rolls of film. Someone else got old VHS tapes. But there was some “good” stuff too like an apple corer and a cutting board. The bottle of vodka was stolen 5 times!

• LBJ10

Oh and Leopold seemed right as rain this morning. *sigh* I just don’t know why he keeps worrying me.

Yes ReeseBun, I have had lots of disappointing pizza.

• LBJ10

Sorry, almost forgot. The bunny was something I “stole” to be nice. My co-worker opened it and he was desperately trying to get rid of it. I was nice and took it off his hands. LOL

But yeah, I should probably wash it.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

bam – i’ve just read the link you gave for White Elephant Gift Exchange – I did not know about it… sounds fun – (amongst adults…. not sure kids would be OK with having a good pressie being ‘stolen’…. ) sounds good if things are frozen after the third steal too….

And White Elephant Sale is what i knew about – “used items” on sale – a garage sale in other words !! lol

• Bam

Thank you so much for explaining about white elephants! I learn so many new things here and I so genuinely appreciate it
      Pizza can be very disappointing. Pizza has no right to be disappointing.

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 12/22/2016 10:22 AM

White elephant gifts here mean that you find something laying around your house and you wrap it. Everyone brings one, they go in a pile and it’s all anonymous. You set up a method for taking turns. When it’s your turn, you can either choose a gift from the pile to open or you can steal someone else’s gift that they already opened. Somehow I don’t think kids would find that part amusing. LOL

LBJ I’ve played that game before when I was 11, I didn’t like being stolen from but I stole from everyone else!  

There is also two forms of it for the little kid’s Christmas parties if you guys want to try it out with your kids. With both versions the kids  all bring a small wrapped used gift. The first form of it is when all the presents are placed under a Christmas tree or in a pile and a name gets drawn and who ever is drawn gets to pick a present from under the tree and open it while everyone is watching, and names keep being drawn until everyone has a present. After everyone opens a present, they can go around trading their gifts if they want. With the second one, a random present is passed to a child and they all sit in a circle, play music, and pass the presents around the circle until the music stops and you get the present that you are holding when the music stops. They all open their presents at once and can trade if they want.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

How many people here purchased couches in colours that match their bun’s fur? LOL *raises hand*

• LBJ10

If matches means grey, then yes.

ReeseBun – Well, of course! It’s fun to steal from others. It’s not so fun to have stuff stolen from you. :p

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 nooo, i’d be afraid of sitting on it (the bun, not the sofa!)

But lets face it, everything in your flat is white….ish. To match your milky-white european skin in that hot sandpit they call a country….

(And I’ve just discovered when I type ‘milk’ my STOOPID ipad offers me a baby’s bottle of ? (also just discovered Baby ?…..!!!!)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

No way! Emojis? milk baby sad panda

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Way !!!!

Milk ? baby ? sad ? panda ?
      Car ? ? ?
      Bus ?
      You name it, it’s there…. Monkey ? Bunneh ?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Mine doesn’t offer emojis…

• Bam

Q8, if you use more than 1 language you lose the emojis, at least that’s the case with my Iphone. I have English and Swedish and noooo emojis. Since there is a really cute bunny emoji, I miss my emojis =)

I’m making Italian meringue:

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Goodness me bam that looks…..GORGEOUS !!!!!!!

I’ve got French and UK as language options (though I can only choose one at a time) and the emojis appear next to 2 other word options (which are generally non relative to anything i am typing…. ?) above the keypad.
      I have no idea where to look ? for the emojis on the key ? Pad ?
      Ahhh found them… they are with the French and Uk ?? Key ? board options…. ? D’oh!!!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Is Italian meringue the same as regular meringue Bam?

• Bam

Moxie, Italian meringue is when you boil sugar and water and pour it into the whipped egg whites, slowly, and keep whipping until it has cooled down. It can then be used to bake meringues or as an ice-cream base or a buttercream-base or to top lemon-meringue pie. Because it’s boiled, it keeps very well and can even be frozen.

Regular meringe is French meringue, where you whip egg-whites with sugar. It doesn’t keep, you have to use it right away.

I had a passion for meringues when I was younger.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I have a passion for (eating) meringues NOW !!! ? ?

• BunnyFriends
      Participant

Vienna, seems to me the true passion is emojis!! ?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LOL ?. No, I’ve just decided today to put any suggested emoji next to the word it suggests…..
      Naturally there don’t seem to be any now !! Which of course ? (ha ha !! There’s one ☝️…. and another… teehee ? ..)
      I’ll stop ✋ now…. oops ? lol ? lol ?
      Sorry ?
      STOP ✋ !!!!!!!
      ? (that was all me !!)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Ca y est ‘!!!! I’ve finished wra-wra-wrapping !!!! (4pm! Yay!)
      All ready to hit the road (Jack ?) at 6.30 tomorrow.

I’m a bit concerned about how totally unprepared i am for the return of the furry beasts after Christmas.
      I haven’t cleaned anything, sterlised anything, nor changed anything around, nor thought about how they are going to live (together??) on return here. I’ve no idea about their progress or how they will react (together) to returning to the house after Bonding Boot Camp.

Guess I’ll play it by ear…… as per usual…..

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I meant to ask, following my last visit to the vets with Henry, if anyone else has been advised by their vet to give a vitamin supplement because of yellowing teeth??

I didn’t buy it immediately knowing I’d only had Henry for six weeks and I thought I would ask here on BB because I felt the vet was pushing / selling products.
      PS this is the vet that told me to put Zou and Henry into a small carrier and let them fight it out to bond them. Grrr grrrr ? ?

• Azerane

That meringue looks amazing!! It reminds me of making pavlova, which I don’t know but I’m hoping my mum is making tomorrow! Could be wishful thinking, but I do love pavlova Topped with cream, strawberries and kiwi fruit of course!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Az. Shut. The. Door. !!!!

• LBJ10

Eh, how yellow are we talking here Vienna? From what I understand, healthy “white” teeth come in various shades.

Azerane- you Aussies and your dog drool desserts.

• Bam

I found some mentions of yellow teeth in rabbits, I found one mention of calcium supplement being big recommwnded. All in all very inconclusive. Rabbit teeth become more yellow with time it seems. You could e-mail Dana Krempels and ask, I’d trust her:
      http://www.allexperts.com/ep/703-35789/Rabbits/Dana-Krempels-Ph-D.htm

Rabbit teeth grow all the bun’s life but the enamel is finite according to a webinar I listened to some time ago, I think it was by Molly Varga. Giving extra calcium to an adult bunny sounds a little bit risky. Since this vet gave the bonding-advice he gave, I’d be inclined not to trust him unreservedly

• LBJ10

Bam – I agree. Yes, very yellow teeth can be a sign of a calcium deficiency, but i would be cautious about giving an adult bunny a calcium supplement. My guess is that calcium deficiencies, which are not common, would be the result of some underlying issue. Vitamin D, maybe?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Vets Prescription (unused) says : Tonivit 25ml. 10 drops in drink or on food, x1per day for 15-20days.
      (He mentioned “vitamins” rather than calcium….)

Like a month’s vit boost cure for humans i guess…… makes us think we’re taking something good for us, but actually…. meh…..

• Bam

Vitamin D is essential for the uptake of calcium, but rabbits don’t metabolize calcium quite like most other mammals. I know Francis Harcourt-Brown has written about this, but I don’t have it in fresh memory.

Tonivit seems to be a general tonic with vitamins and amino acids and some minerals (but no calcium). It’s not super expensive, but I have no idea if he needs it.

• jerseygirl

Posted By bam on 12/23/2016 3:28 PM
      Vitamin D is essential for the uptake of calcium, but rabbits don’t metabolize calcium quite like most other mammals. I know Francis Harcourt-Brown has written about this, but I don’t have it in fresh memory.

Tonivit seems to be a general tonic with vitamins and amino acids and some minerals (but no calcium). It’s not super expensive, but I have no idea if he needs it.

i posted a link for that in another thread just last night!
      http://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/articles/free-food-for-rabbits/calcium-and-rabbit-food

• Bam

Jersey, thank you! I’m bookmarking that one

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Mmm… now I’m craving lemon meringue pie. All we have is strawberry charlotte. Yuck, I know?

Vienna: ?? with the ?. You must be so ? to get your ?? back home. If you’re short on ? you could always make some sort of vinegar ? to eradicate all previous ? smells in your ? ?

Saw Rogue One. Liked it somewhere in between the JarJar Binks trilogy and last year’s instalment.

*runs off to examine the exact shade of Chewbacca’s teeth*

• LBJ10

Bam – That is true. Although I don’t know any other reason a rabbit would have a calcium deficiency. It isn’t something that easily happens. Hmm… I know we discussed vitamin D on here before and rabbits do need it (like all animals do) to absorb and use calcium. It’s the way calcium is regulated in the body that is different. I have seen articles out there about rabbits kept indoors and away from sunlight can be low on vitamin D. But pellets are often supplemented with vitamin D.

Vienna – What’s in the “vitamins”?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Me? No idea! Lol. But bam posts above and she is soooooo much more reliable than I am on that front

So much so, that I dont “google” anymore for med stuff….. I “bam”…. lol !!
      Oh yes. I have insider knowledge, it will be added to the Colins dictionary in 2017… the verb “to bam-oogle”…. lol. lol.

• Bam

Here’s the Tonivit:

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Good god. “To be taken when growing (no) or nursing babies (no) or not feeling on top form” !!!

If I gave all those vitamins to HENRY !!!….he would be binkying off the walls !!! Lol

• jerseygirl

V, didn’t you say Henry grazed out with the goats, before you adopted him? Maybe his teeth colour is due to that. Eating grasses and forage will discolour the teeth.

Just read about {{{Carrie Fisher}}} having had a heart attack.
      Upsetting for her family at anytime, but at this time of year? It must be especially upsetting.

I also read about typhoon due to hit the Philippines on Christmas day. My sister lives in the region.
      She’s experienced a few already. Hopefully they won’t be badly affected.

ETA: *sigh of relief* Looks like they will just experience storms. I hope they are prepared for that, all the same, and that other areas are not affected too severely.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Dinner’s in the oven, carols are playing, and it’ll soon be time for prezzies.

Merry Christmas to everybuny from Chewie and me!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

*everybunny

• jerseygirl

And Happy Christmas to you, Q and Chew!
      That picture is lovely!

• jerseygirl

Oh! And Christmas wishes to your Mama too!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Jersey. There wasn’t anything to forage (and no goats !!! LOL) but i always give them alot of grass and forage and roses…. who knows, anyhoo he is on ‘plein forme’ so i dont think he’s missing any nutrients or anything…..

HAPPY CHRISTMAS CHEWIE !!!!! ( and his hoomans ) xxxxx ??
      ?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So we had a bit of an ‘accident’ last night. Zero was getting really excited, running around the house as we started doing the nightly feedings for the dogs (they need to be fed in the kennels since the puppies never did get over their food issues). He ran into the kennel and somehow got his foot stuck in the lip of the kennel (He was perfectly fine, he didn’t injure himself at all, he was just scared). As trapped dogs do, he started panicking and yelping/squealing. My dad wasn’t sure what was happening (this all happened very quickly) and he reached in to help Zero. Zero being panicked, bit my dad pretty bad. (*going to discuss the injury so skip this part if you are weak stomached etc.*) His top canine went through my dad’s hand completely, in between the thumb and pointer finger (and not just through the extra skin, back a little more, through like and inch of hand). He also gave my father a couple other puncture wounds on the front and back of his hand.
      *Okay you can continue*
      So I just want to remind people to be careful, when a dog is panicking or fighting, their behavior can be very unpredictable and dangerous!

• Bam

Vienna, with dogs they say poor nutrition can cause hyperactivity and attention deficits. I know Henry isn’t poorly fed now of course, but maybe he was before you got him? ADHD in humans has been linked to malnutrition, but I don’t know how strongly.

Oh Moxie, I didn’t see your post until just now, how awful! Are you going in for a tetanus-shot? Poor doggy, he didn’t mean to of course. Poor father! And on Christmas Eve of all days!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

They say the same thing about children for sure, at least according to my child psych classes in teacher’s college, Bam

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

There was a man on the radio yesterday who said he had severe arthritis in one of his hands (middle finger) he was due for an op it was so bad,
      (Bear with me, it’s related to Mr Moxie )

For a panicky reason (similar to Zero’s) his dog bit him on his hand, and though it hurt and broke the skin, it also cured his arthritis….. don’t ask how, he doesn’t know himself… but it fused something and its working like new now !!!!!

Poor Mr Moxie. Hope it mends soon

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Dog saliva has remarkable healing properties according to some scientists *runs off to find a licky dog and offer achy formerly broken arm*

• LBJ10

Hopefully everyone’s Christmas is going well. We were almost in a car accident on the way home tonight. I was just driving straight through a green light and a car decided to turn in front of me. I slammed on my brakes (and honked the horn, of course) and just barely came to a stop. They were in my way, so they continued to turn and then almost hit the car in the other lane that was a little bit behind me. Oh boy……

• LBJ10

Oh Moxie, how awful. Your poor dad.

I remember one of my childhood cats bit my mom and it went clear through her hand. The cat was scared about something, I can’t remember what and bit my mom.

• Hazel
      Participant
      2033 posts Send Private Message

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Moxie: Your poor dad, that had to hurt. I hope he’s not feeling too bad.

LBJ: Traffic gets even worse around the holidays. Probably someone driving drunk… I’m glad they didn’t hit you!

I’ve spent the last few days playing The Last Guardian, just got done with it the other night. I would have finished it sooner, but the hubby loved it so much that I wasn’t allowed to play unless he had time to sit down and watch. I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s sad and heartwarming and beautiful. Exactly what I expected, but mind blowing at the same time. Certainly worth the ten year wait. (plus 2 extra weeks, thanks GameStop… )

• Q8bunny
      Participant

As soon as I can afford a treat, I’m so getting that game

• Azerane

^Is that the one with the big hyena gryphon thing?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yep

• Azerane

Please tell me you get to control the hyena gryphon at some point, otherwise it’s lame

• jerseygirl

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 12/24/2016 10:53 AM

Jersey. There wasn’t anything to forage (and no goats !!! LOL)
      but i always give them alot of grass and forage and roses…. who knows, anyhoo he is on ‘plein forme’ so i dont think he’s missing any nutrients or anything…..

HAPPY CHRISTMAS CHEWIE !!!!! ( and his hoomans ) xxxxx ??
      ?

lmao!  Please tell me I haven’t imagined this! 

• jerseygirl

LBJ, glad you were safe of the roads. Continue to stay safe! It can get pretty hairy this time of year.

Mox, sorry to hear about your Dads hand. Ouch! I hope it heals nicely with no complications.

• jerseygirl

THERE WAS A GOAT!! ?
      A single goat, but a goat none the less.

I feel more sane now, phew.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Lmao me too !!!! How long did it take you to trawl through all the chats….? or did you do a search on “goats”? And if so how many “goat” results came up ? ?

• jerseygirl

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 12/26/2016 7:00 AM
      Lmao me too !!!! How long did it take you to trawl through all the chats….? or did you do a search on “goats”? And if so how many “goat” results came up ? ?

Well, judging from my time stamps when I posted, about 15 minutes!! But I did do some other very important bb posting and chocolate eating during that time also.
      I thought about searching goats-lol. I actually first went to the threads you started. It was in Henry’s naming thread. I had almost convinced myself I’d misread your having reported about Henry eating like a goat somewhere. I do admit to having a mental picture of Henry out in a field eating with goats though. Plural. Goats!

• Hazel
      Participant

Posted By Azerane on 12/26/2016 1:19 AM

Please tell me you get to control the hyena gryphon at some point, otherwise it’s lame

You did NOT just call this masterpiece “lame”!! You control the boy, but the boy can give Trico commands so you kind of control him too, indirectly (if he feels like doing what you want…)

Q8: I hope you can get it soon, let me know how you like it.  I’d tell you to play the two previous games as well, but they aren’t available for PS4.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

It’ll be a while. A bit broke for the time being (near future too, looks like).

• Azerane

Haha, I’m sure it’s not lame I just prefer controlling creatures to humans, I’m an animal person

I was super excited that my youtube channel reached 500 subscribers over Christmas, it was a goal I set for myself last year so I’m pretty proud to have reached it. That was a cool Christmas present, hubby also got me one of those gorilla pods for my compact camera which will come in super handy.

Today is going to be parrot cage cleaning day, washing day, procrastinating about housework day (notice what I’m doing on here ), and we’re also going to go and see Moana. I wasn’t actually planning to go and see it, but it’s been very well received and hubby kept mentioning that we should so why not. It will help with the procrastination too

Q8 Christmas makes us all broke, even if we don’t intend it to

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I LOVE my gorilla pod !!!!!! I challenge you to take a photo of the pod in the weirdest place you attach it to take a photo !!! LOL

• Azerane

Awesome I envision wrapping it around trees, or on the bunnies’ condo to get some interesting shots/movies I’m already considering wrapping it around the curtain rod to get some slow-mo flight footage of Dory

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

A memorable one was when on a path going through steep countyside and tying it on tree roots that had broken through the earth on to the pathway (so about head height for us). People walked by and asked if we would like them to take a photo of us, and we said ‘no thank you very much, this is part of the fun of it and the memories which remain’ (and its true !! I’m telling you lot about it 10ish years later !!!! )

• Hazel
      Participant

Azerane: I agree, it would have been neat to control Trico, but then you wouldn’t see as much of him. He’s so beautifully animated, I loved watching him move around.

I had no idea what a gorilla pod is, but it seems like a cool idea!

Q8: Aw, that’s too bad. But the good thing is, the longer you wait, the cheaper it will be!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

**** GEORGE MICHAEL RIP **** and on Christmas day too…..

RIP sweet boy who was another music genius who lost his way. I grew up with you in more ways than one.
      One of the sweetest, most recognisable voices in the industry.
      What an incredibly sad year it has been for amazing people (famous or not) to have left us (in the UK specifically). ?

• Bam

Vienna, it’s so sad. 53 years, that’s such a shame. It seems he was very troubled.

I miss David Bowie and Leonard Cohen as well.

• Reesebun
      Participant

Yesterday it was 50 degrees F and now today the high is 28! Yesterday the foot of snow all melted and today it turned into ice. This darn Michigan weather!

• Azerane

Carrie Fisher just passed away too.

Not to mention my all time favourite author and biggest influence for my love of rabbits. Richard Adams (author of Watership Down) passed away on Christmas Eve He was 96.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Please can I ask for vibes for my friends rescue piggy, Glen. He’s been off his food and now not drinking either, and no vets open today

He’s being syringe fed pellet mush, I’ve suggested trying hay tea

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

((((( come on Glen ))))) what about magic dried dandelion leaves ?

• LBJ10

Azerane – oh I know, I’m at work and I don’t want to work. I’m so sad.

• Bam

Oh no, did Richard Adams die?? That’s just so sad! He did so much for people’s understanding of rabbits. I hope he’s binkying free now with all our bridge bunnies. Yohio and he will get on so well, Yohio was so like BigWig.

(((((Glen))))) Perk up, little sweetheart!

• jerseygirl

I just read about Carrie and Richard Adams also. RIP

Sending some {{{vibes}}} for little Glen. It horrible to have pets become poorly during holidays.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant

vibes for (((Glen))). Seems like so many famous musicians & actors/actresses have died this year… just awful.

• Azerane

It’s really upsetting Since hubby reads more of the news than I do, all this year he’s been saying “did you hear such and such passed away” and I kept saying, at least it’s not Richard Adams (not that other people dying is any less sad, he’s just more of an inspiration for me and I knew how old he was). Then this morning when he told me about Carrie Fisher, I searched up Richard Adams on Google and there it was with the news only about an hour old.

If it wasn’t for him, I doubt I would have rabbits right now. He started a lifelong passion for me. Watership Down is such a work of art too, at least in my opinion.

• Bam

Azerane, it is truly a work of art! I only read it the summer before last, because I’ve always been afraid it would be too heartbreakingly sad for me. It absolutely had heartbreaking passages, but most of all it was wonderful. If i’d read it before I’d got Yohio his name would have been Bigwig, he had the personality and the tuft of extra long hair on his forehead. (I miss him so much).

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Ok, here’s something more cheerful, to hopefully put a smile on a few faces.

Snickers is still unsure around me, some days I can pet het, some days I can’t. Anyway, she decided it was a ‘yep, petting is welcome’ day, and settled her nose to the floor and was tooth purring. Mini came up behind her, put his paws on her back, standing up, and then pushed his nose down against her back as if it was the floor, saying, pet me mum, pet me, and then settled down right there, nose flat on Snickers back, while he got his share of pets too

• Azerane

Posted By bam on 12/28/2016 1:49 AM

Azerane, it is truly a work of art! I only read it the summer before last, because I’ve always been afraid it would be too heartbreakingly sad for me. It absolutely had heartbreaking passages, but most of all it was wonderful. If i’d read it before I’d got Yohio his name would have been Bigwig, he had the personality and the tuft of extra long hair on his forehead. (I miss him so much).

((hugs)) Bigwig is one of my favourite characters. Then again there’s so many good characters in the book it’s hard to pick just one favourite.

Sitting here, watching The Simpsons and eating Maltesers Yum! Hubby and I saw Moana yesterday, I really enjoyed it, it was lots of fun We had a few decent gum tree branches come down in the storm last night which is really handy as I can switch out all of Dory’s perches for fresh ones. I currently rotate between a few and clean them between rotations, but it will be nice to have better options.

@GJ, that sounds absolutely adorable

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I wish I could have got a photo, but they would have moved as soon as I went to get the camera

Glen is home from the vets with metacam and gut motility meds. Vet thinks its stress related, maybe from Christmas visitors? If he doesn’t pick up, they’ll put him under and check him out more thoroughly.

• Bam

More vibes for (((((Glen)))))

Are piggies as fragile GI-wise as buns?

Pets always move before you have a chance to take a pic =/ Just THINKING of getting a camera out can make them stop the cute things they’re doing =/

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Not sure if they are generally as fragile. I’ve never had a piggy with tummy problems, and over the years, we’ve had 9 piggies, but like bunnies, they do need to eat constantly, and they do recycle some tasty noms too!

• Bam

G:J, that’s interesting, I didn’t know that!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Guinea pig teeth also grow constantly, and so they need unlimited hay/grass. Unlike bunnies, piggies can generally be given unlimited veg. Like us and again unlike bunnies, they can’t make vitamin C and need a daily intake of vitamin C rich veg. My buns disapprove of this, as they feel the piggies get an unfair share of nom-noms from the market!

Guinea pigs give birth to precocious young, like deer. The have fur, can run around shortly after birth, and start eating solids from only a few days old

Glen is still not eating much, the only thing he’d eat yesterday morning was parsley. My friend tried simethicone yesterday afternoon, and tum massages, and he ate half a teaspoon of oats after, which is better than nothing, but not enough

• Bam

More vibes for (((((Glen))))) At least he’s eating something!

I would never have guessed piggies give birth to precocious young, like hares. My goodness how cute the babies must be! Come to think of it I’ve read that piggies are nomads (wild piggies, obviously – not house-piggies!), so it makes sense they need their babies to be able to run around more or less right away.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

My friend has just messaged me to say Glen is eating hay and pellets today yay for semethicone and tum massages

Participant

Yay, get well soon Glen

• Bam

Yay for Glen!!! Good boy!

My neighbour has quite obviously gotten some type of noisy electrical tool for Christmas. What in the name of all holy rabbits can a person need to use an electrical noisy tool for like 8 consecutive hours in an apartment for? I will have to kill this person soon.

Participant

Hurray for apartment life… Could it be that it’s a normal appliance which happens to stand against a wall? Like an old fridge or something?

We once had a noise complaint from neighbours, and it turned out that a subwoofer was touching the wall. My ex-BF used to play games which have a lot of rumble-effects. We didn’t play it that loudly, but it made the wall resonate and vibrate on their side. It was resolved quickly by putting a pillow behind it.

• Bam

That’s great if it’s sth simple like that, but I doubt it. Anyway, another neighbour started knocking on the ceiling and the noise stopped soon after, so neighbour with electric machine seems to have got the message. It sounded like some sort of sander but what on earth would you sand for hours on end in an apartment?

The mysteries of mankind! The day before Christmas I stood behind a man in a line at the supermarket, he was buying 3 plastic bottles of quite unremarkable cordial and stamps to send them to Belgium. I SO wanted to ask him what the deal was with that – the postage was 15 Euros. Why?? I’ve been to Belgium. There are SO many good things to drink in Belgium. Like raspberry ale.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

bam – lol – you should have asked him !! – I like to let my positive imagination run wild and imagine that it is the wish of a very ill person to taste the AMAZING (yet unremarkable) cordial once again…. (I guess it’s not so positive if that’s all I can come up with … lol)

But hey – I’ve done LOADS of things in life that I’m sure onlookers would ask “Really!?! Why ?!!”

So ask him next time – eh? And tell us !!

Re electrical… well sanding lots of things come to mind…. floor, walls, a wooden chest of drawers that he/she is rekindling into a magnificent work of art…
      But definitely VERY annoying for anyone else….
      My neighbours 2 doors down are doing major works downstairs and I hear them banging. I cannot imagine what it is like to be right next door (OK so we have tiny houses, but still !!)

yay for semethicone and tum massages

D’Oh !! I KNEW in the (very) back of my mind there was something I should have got on my visit to Boots last week !!! grrrrrr.

• Bam

Vienna, that sounds like a reasonable explanation for sending cordial to Belgium. Or maybe it’s just someone who works in Belgium and happens to love this specific type of unremarkable orange cordial.

I have British simethicone =) I bought it at Tesco. Infacol. Great stuff =)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Infacol is what we use too!

• vanessa
      Participant

Back from vacaiton 🙂 I had a great time. Went to San Francisco, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, drove by Walter White’s house from the TV show Breaking Bad. Super glad to be home. My bunnies are al well. Guin is shy of me since she hasn’t seen me in 9 days. One of my cockatiels got it’s head in a small spot and broke it’s neck. Buried him this evening. One of the turaco got out while the young lady who lives up the road was feeding them. She called to let me know and then had to go for a doctors appointment. I asked her to go to the grocery store on her way back from the dctors and get some blueberries to lure the bird back in. He was flying around the property, but wanting to get back into the aviary. So 5 hours later… she arrived nack with blueberries, and he went right after the lure. What a HUUUUUge relief. I was only getting back at 9pm so I was planning on setting up a bait cage to catch the bird first thing in the morning. Thank goodness she was able to catch him. I have a different food-design planned for the new aviary. This one has a double door to prevent this from happening. The new one (that I’m still working on), will have a trapdoor within the double door o that while I’m not home and someone else is feeding the birds, they can do it from within the double dor via the trap door so te birds can’t even get into the double door. It sucks about the little cockatiel. I’m just thankful that the turaco are safe and sound, and the bunnies are all well.

• Azerane

Wow, your holiday sounds amazing

I’m very sorry to hear about your cockatiel, such a terrible accident to have happened. I didn’t know you owned turacos, they’re marvellous looking birds, what species do you have?

Accidentally fell asleep on the couch for 2.5 hours, really struggling to get motivated now, lol

• LBJ10

Oh no Vanessa, that’s awful.

• vanessa
      Participant

I have white-cheeked Turaco. They are awesome birds. The male Tommy, who I suspect is the one who escaped, is tame. His lady friend Tina, not tame, and one of their female offspring. They only eat fruit. Very interesting active birds. 

Participant

So sorry to hear about your cockatiel Vanessa

Today we’ll be celebrating new year with a whole group of friends. I’m going to bake the traditional “oliebollen”: deep fried sweet dough balls with raisins.

It’s a typical Dutch tradition which was first practiced by the germanic tribes. They had an evil goddess named Perchta who killed people in the winter by slitting open their bellies with her sword. Deep fried dough balls were offered to appease her, and the belief was that if you eat enough of these oliebollen, your belly would get so greasy that her sword would slip off harmlessly.

Now we’re not the religious type, but in this case: better safe than sorry Yum yum yum!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Pippi and co are seeing out the last few hours of 2016 in style, out on the grass, in the sunshine for half an hour. Nom-nom says Podge

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

We had a pretty bad blizzard/storm. We got about 2 feet of snow!

My little sister’s birthday is tomorrow. I’m making her a strawberry cake with cream cheese, buttercream frosting.

• Bam

Moxie, 2 feet of snow – awesome! We have absolutely no snow. That sounds like a delicious cake!

• LBJ10

OMG, Moxie, how can you stand it? All that snow must be so awful. =\

I had to spend some coupons that I earned, since today was the last day to use them. I used them on bunny food and treats. How sad is that? LOL

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

not sad to your bunnies

• Azerane

Posted By vanessa on 12/30/2016 11:12 PM

I have white-cheeked Turaco. They are awesome birds. The male Tommy, who I suspect is the one who escaped, is tame. His lady friend Tina, not tame, and one of their female offspring. They only eat fruit. Very interesting active birds. 

How wonderful, such stunning birds. I suspect anyone would be active after only eating fruit all day, all that sugar

It’s the new year here We celebrated at my brother’s place with a bbq dinner and swimming in the pool etc. Had a great time, haven’t been swimming in ages or seen my brother and his family in a very long time so it was really nice to catch up. I must have overworked my right shoulder because after we got home and I went to bed, it was just in screaming pain while I was trying to get to sleep. It’s still sore this morning but I’ve no idea what I did to it, I never twinged it or anything.

• vanessa
      Participant

Funny Azarene.
      Normally for new year, my boyfriend and I drive 3 hours to see some of our friends and have a big party and spend the night. Since we just got back from vacation and drove 2500 miles, we just feel like staying home. So we are going to spend time with the animals, I’m going to work on my aviary, and he’ll be swinging his brand new gramfors brux splitting maul that I got him for christmas. He is big into his “man-tools”. It’s cold outside, but a few layers and an outdoor work light – and we’ll be set.

• Bam

LBJ, spending coupons on bunny food and treats is one of the least sad things I can think of. And Bam agrees with me, so I know I’m not wrong.

• LBJ10

LOL, well, I suppose it must be true if Bam says it is.

• sarahthegemini
      Participant
      5584 posts Send Private Message

Posted By LBJ10 on 12/31/2016 12:56 PM

OMG, Moxie, how can you stand it? All that snow must be so awful. =\

I had to spend some coupons that I earned, since today was the last day to use them. I used them on bunny food and treats. How sad is that? LOL

I’m spending my Christmas money and vouchers on bunny stuff. That’s probably sadder 

• LBJ10

Well, I already spent my Christmas money on Wooly when I took him to the vet, so I think we’re pretty well matched. LOL

Viewing 323 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE December Chat!