Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE December Chat!

Viewing 24 posts - 301 through 324 (of 324 total)
  • Author
    Gina.Jenny
    Participant

My friend has just messaged me to say Glen is eating hay and pellets today yay for semethicone and tum massages

Yay, get well soon Glen

Bam

Yay for Glen!!! Good boy!

My neighbour has quite obviously gotten some type of noisy electrical tool for Christmas. What in the name of all holy rabbits can a person need to use an electrical noisy tool for like 8 consecutive hours in an apartment for? I will have to kill this person soon.

Hurray for apartment life… Could it be that it’s a normal appliance which happens to stand against a wall? Like an old fridge or something?

We once had a noise complaint from neighbours, and it turned out that a subwoofer was touching the wall. My ex-BF used to play games which have a lot of rumble-effects. We didn’t play it that loudly, but it made the wall resonate and vibrate on their side. It was resolved quickly by putting a pillow behind it.

Bam

That’s great if it’s sth simple like that, but I doubt it. Anyway, another neighbour started knocking on the ceiling and the noise stopped soon after, so neighbour with electric machine seems to have got the message. It sounded like some sort of sander but what on earth would you sand for hours on end in an apartment?

The mysteries of mankind! The day before Christmas I stood behind a man in a line at the supermarket, he was buying 3 plastic bottles of quite unremarkable cordial and stamps to send them to Belgium. I SO wanted to ask him what the deal was with that – the postage was 15 Euros. Why?? I’ve been to Belgium. There are SO many good things to drink in Belgium. Like raspberry ale.

bam – lol – you should have asked him !! – I like to let my positive imagination run wild and imagine that it is the wish of a very ill person to taste the AMAZING (yet unremarkable) cordial once again…. (I guess it’s not so positive if that’s all I can come up with … lol)

But hey – I’ve done LOADS of things in life that I’m sure onlookers would ask “Really!?! Why ?!!”

So ask him next time – eh? And tell us !!

Re electrical… well sanding lots of things come to mind…. floor, walls, a wooden chest of drawers that he/she is rekindling into a magnificent work of art…
    But definitely VERY annoying for anyone else….
    My neighbours 2 doors down are doing major works downstairs and I hear them banging. I cannot imagine what it is like to be right next door (OK so we have tiny houses, but still !!)

yay for semethicone and tum massages

D’Oh !! I KNEW in the (very) back of my mind there was something I should have got on my visit to Boots last week !!! grrrrrr.

Bam

Vienna, that sounds like a reasonable explanation for sending cordial to Belgium. Or maybe it’s just someone who works in Belgium and happens to love this specific type of unremarkable orange cordial.

I have British simethicone =) I bought it at Tesco. Infacol. Great stuff =)

Q8bunny
    Participant

Infacol is what we use too!

vanessa
    Participant

Back from vacaiton 🙂 I had a great time. Went to San Francisco, Death Valley, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, drove by Walter White’s house from the TV show Breaking Bad. Super glad to be home. My bunnies are al well. Guin is shy of me since she hasn’t seen me in 9 days. One of my cockatiels got it’s head in a small spot and broke it’s neck. Buried him this evening. One of the turaco got out while the young lady who lives up the road was feeding them. She called to let me know and then had to go for a doctors appointment. I asked her to go to the grocery store on her way back from the dctors and get some blueberries to lure the bird back in. He was flying around the property, but wanting to get back into the aviary. So 5 hours later… she arrived nack with blueberries, and he went right after the lure. What a HUUUUUge relief. I was only getting back at 9pm so I was planning on setting up a bait cage to catch the bird first thing in the morning. Thank goodness she was able to catch him. I have a different food-design planned for the new aviary. This one has a double door to prevent this from happening. The new one (that I’m still working on), will have a trapdoor within the double door o that while I’m not home and someone else is feeding the birds, they can do it from within the double dor via the trap door so te birds can’t even get into the double door. It sucks about the little cockatiel. I’m just thankful that the turaco are safe and sound, and the bunnies are all well.

Azerane

Wow, your holiday sounds amazing

I’m very sorry to hear about your cockatiel, such a terrible accident to have happened. I didn’t know you owned turacos, they’re marvellous looking birds, what species do you have?

Accidentally fell asleep on the couch for 2.5 hours, really struggling to get motivated now, lol

LBJ10

Oh no Vanessa, that’s awful.

vanessa
    Participant

I have white-cheeked Turaco. They are awesome birds. The male Tommy, who I suspect is the one who escaped, is tame. His lady friend Tina, not tame, and one of their female offspring. They only eat fruit. Very interesting active birds. 

So sorry to hear about your cockatiel Vanessa

Today we’ll be celebrating new year with a whole group of friends. I’m going to bake the traditional “oliebollen”: deep fried sweet dough balls with raisins.

It’s a typical Dutch tradition which was first practiced by the germanic tribes. They had an evil goddess named Perchta who killed people in the winter by slitting open their bellies with her sword. Deep fried dough balls were offered to appease her, and the belief was that if you eat enough of these oliebollen, your belly would get so greasy that her sword would slip off harmlessly.

Now we’re not the religious type, but in this case: better safe than sorry Yum yum yum!

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Pippi and co are seeing out the last few hours of 2016 in style, out on the grass, in the sunshine for half an hour. Nom-nom says Podge

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

We had a pretty bad blizzard/storm. We got about 2 feet of snow!

My little sister’s birthday is tomorrow. I’m making her a strawberry cake with cream cheese, buttercream frosting.

Bam

Moxie, 2 feet of snow – awesome! We have absolutely no snow. That sounds like a delicious cake!

LBJ10

OMG, Moxie, how can you stand it? All that snow must be so awful. =\

I had to spend some coupons that I earned, since today was the last day to use them. I used them on bunny food and treats. How sad is that? LOL

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

not sad to your bunnies

Azerane

Posted By vanessa on 12/30/2016 11:12 PM

I have white-cheeked Turaco. They are awesome birds. The male Tommy, who I suspect is the one who escaped, is tame. His lady friend Tina, not tame, and one of their female offspring. They only eat fruit. Very interesting active birds. 

How wonderful, such stunning birds. I suspect anyone would be active after only eating fruit all day, all that sugar

It’s the new year here We celebrated at my brother’s place with a bbq dinner and swimming in the pool etc. Had a great time, haven’t been swimming in ages or seen my brother and his family in a very long time so it was really nice to catch up. I must have overworked my right shoulder because after we got home and I went to bed, it was just in screaming pain while I was trying to get to sleep. It’s still sore this morning but I’ve no idea what I did to it, I never twinged it or anything.

vanessa
    Participant

Funny Azarene.
    Normally for new year, my boyfriend and I drive 3 hours to see some of our friends and have a big party and spend the night. Since we just got back from vacation and drove 2500 miles, we just feel like staying home. So we are going to spend time with the animals, I’m going to work on my aviary, and he’ll be swinging his brand new gramfors brux splitting maul that I got him for christmas. He is big into his “man-tools”. It’s cold outside, but a few layers and an outdoor work light – and we’ll be set.

Bam

LBJ, spending coupons on bunny food and treats is one of the least sad things I can think of. And Bam agrees with me, so I know I’m not wrong.

LBJ10

LOL, well, I suppose it must be true if Bam says it is.

sarahthegemini
    Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 12/31/2016 12:56 PM

OMG, Moxie, how can you stand it? All that snow must be so awful. =\

I had to spend some coupons that I earned, since today was the last day to use them. I used them on bunny food and treats. How sad is that? LOL

I’m spending my Christmas money and vouchers on bunny stuff. That’s probably sadder 

LBJ10

Well, I already spent my Christmas money on Wooly when I took him to the vet, so I think we’re pretty well matched. LOL

Viewing 24 posts - 301 through 324 (of 324 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.