Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE December Chat!

Viewing 139 reply threads
  • Author
    • Monkeybun
      Participant
      10479 posts Send Private Message

Happy December!

I so caught myself walking around the apartment singing “Moosie, Moosie Maaaan. We all need to have a Moosie Man!” (to the tune of Macho Man, which is funny as he sooo is a pansy.)

Anyone else singing bunny songs lately?

• Roberta
        Participant
        4355 posts Send Private Message

For the last few weeks U2’s Beautiful Day has been a Bunderful Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrJdOD5syo

• NewBunnyOwner123
          Participant
          1930 posts Send Private Message

Haha that’s so funny!

So yesterday the weirdest thing happened to my aquarium. I bought a plant from petsmart a week ago and I think it introduced something scary. The fish were swimming around looking quite happy and healthy. I turned the light off for the night and the next morning I turn the light on to the scariest sight I have ever seen. Every single fish was floating gasping for air and the water has turned into…slimee goo floating EVERYWHERE. And I mean you can’t even see in the tank. You stick your hand in the water and you’re no longer feeling water, but slime. I panicked! I grabbed my 5 gallon bucket and a strainer. Threw in some coffee filters and filtered unsliced water into the bucket and caught all of my fish. They immediately started acting better now that they could breathe.

Then I look at my disaster of a tank. My plants have been doused in slime. My filter actually stopped working because it was STUFFED with goo. When I drained the water alll this goo was just oozing out of the valve. It was so thick. Even my air stone was struggling to pass bubbles through the water. I went and purchased a 30 gallon tote and filtered the bucket the fish were in not once, not twice, not even three times, but FIVE times to make extra sure there was absolutely no goo in their bucket. Filled the tote up with water, boiled my fish net and put the fish in their temp home. I was looking everywhere for ANY sign off slime on the fish or any thing floating in the water. No, okay I’m happy. The fish have already resumed color and were anxiously waiting for their breakfast. But I didn’t feed them because they are just in a really big tote with no filter.

This morning I turn the light on to my fish and there is no goo in their temp home! I’m feeling incredibly discouraged right now. It’s not as bad as the tank and the fish aren’t affected by it… Yet but I did a 50% water change. I’m still trying to sanitize the aquarium and now I’m dealing with this again. I don’t know what the heck this stuff is but it’s terrible and fast growing.

• NewBunnyOwner123
            Participant

There IS goo in their new home. Typo lol

• Roberta
              Participant

Hmmm… Is it possible the recent temp/season changes have brought on a spawnathon ?

• NewBunnyOwner123
                Participant

Idk. Some kinda bloom happened but get this. I actually did a water test the day before this happened and they were PERFECT. I do weekly tests to keep things in check. They were perfect! Completely taken by surprise. Their temp stays consistent as they had a heater in the tank. I’m going to have to do a major sanitation with the tank but I’m still incredibly nervous. I might even just buy a whole brand new set up. I’ve already lost $100 in plants because their leaves caught so much slime I’m not chancing allowing them back into the tank when it’s done. Did a H2o2 dip with the plants but idk… Still uncomfortable. When the tank is done ill have to do a h2o2 dip with the fish too to make sure they don’t have microbes attached and then have this happen all over again lol. Oh and get this to, I even keep a uv sterilizer in my tank too! And this happened in 8 hours with perfect water parameters and a uv sterilizer. Don’t know what happened! Lol but as long as I can keep the goo at bay in thei temp home to not allow it to get thick the fish will be okay. It’s not attaching to the fish, but if it gets thick they suffocate.

• NewBunnyOwner123
                  Participant

The tank has been set up for many seasons/years. Never any issues with it lol that’s why I’m just like lol!

• Tessie
                    Participant
                    1231 posts Send Private Message

NBO – oh wow I would have freaked out! Have the fish recovered?!

I can’t believe its December already! Christmas is coming up so fast, I am not ready!
                      As you may have seen, my only news is that *Albus* is a girl! Ahh!

• NewBunnyOwner123
                      Participant

My fish are all perfectly fine for the time being! they were quite relieved to be out of the slime and able to breathe. I was surprised I didn’t lose any considering they looked dead when I found them. There are a few that look a little stressed but that’s because they are in uncycled water so ammonia is getting to them. I have to do very frequent water changes. I’m far from being done. They may have survived the slime, but now they have to endure a whole new cycle and some fish aren’t cut out for this, especially the types I have so I’m really nervous lol

• LBJ10
                        16870 posts Send Private Message

Wow NBO, that’s crazy! I wonder what happened. I guess, like you said, the new plant may have had something on it.

I can’t believe it is December. I’m going to cry. It’s supposed to be SUPER cold here by Thursday too. =(

Yeah, so I haven’t responded to that weird person on fb. Of course fb keeps reminding me I have a friend request. I seriously have no idea who this person is. It’s kind of creepy. Like I said though, they are in the same city as I am and all that stuff. I don’t think there are too many “mes” floating around town though. Huh. Well, I guess I should just reject the friend request and then tell fb I don’t know them. I mean, I thought about messaging them and asking who they are. That might open up a whole new can of worms though. =\

• NewBunnyOwner123
                          Participant

Yeah I wouldn’t respond either. Maybe ask a close relative on if they know him?

• MissGabbster
                            Participant
                            718 posts Send Private Message

That’s freaky, NBO. I wonder what was introduced?

So Ox was neutered yesterday and he is not happy with it or me at the moment. I’m getting serious butt at the moment. I hardly blame him though! He was making me feel very guilty yesterday evening. The drugs were wearing off and he let me know how he was feeling with some teeth grinding. I was told not to give him any pain meds yesterday though. I woke up early to get him his meds and it was easier to do than I was expecting. I thought I’d have to fight to get him to take the pain killer but he lapped it up. Honey flavor FTW.

I also really love my vet. He’s ultra nice and he knows his stuff about rabbits. He even let me stay during the procedure/wake up when I asked. He even included me when he was showing and telling the vet techs in training what was going on during the neuter.

It wasn’t all good while I was there though. A boxer was there with a massive softball sized tumor in her side. While I was holding Ox and letting him wake up the boxer went into surgery (I got to stay for this too) and they found that the tumor was so large and had already spread so far that even if he had removed the tumor it would have returned. Plus so much would have to be removed that the poor girl wouldn’t have been able to use her front legs. They called the owner in and decided that the best thing was to put her down. The owner, a VTIT, and myself just broke down crying. The dog was such a sweetheart. She was so patient with the VTITs when they were taking blood and giving shots. She even sneezed in my face twice while I was giving her some loves.

• LBJ10

Alright, I declined to friend request but I didn’t tell fb that I didn’t know them. So if they send me another friend request, then I will know it was intentional and not accidental.

• LBJ10

MissGabbster, oh that’s so sad. I would have been really upset too. I’m surprised the vet let you stay for that since it wasn’t your pet though.

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                  Participant

I poor bunnies can’t come out to play the last few days. Since the fish are in a tote until their tank gets up and running again (will be awhile) it’s at a level where Harley can drink from the top. I’m not sure what it is about fish water but Harley LOVES it. And I mean he comes running and chugs it down anytime he notices I’m doing a water change. Don’t know why but he loves fish poop flavored water! So yeah, they don’t get to come out to play haha

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                    Participant

I kf course stopped him and shoo him away but he is so fast he swigs a few before I’m able to bend down while handling the syphon at the same time lol

• bunnytowne
                                      Participant
                                      7537 posts Send Private Message

cotton was playing outside today.  He lay down and stretched out in the grass.  After he rested he got on the patio.  He hears something I cant hear in the woods back there.  He panicked and hit his head on the porch beam n his panic to escape and hide. Being on harness n leash he can’t run n hide.  In hispanic I have to throw the towel on  him so I can scoop him up.   Once in my arms he calms down. 

After he calms etc. I can’t let him down again or he will panic again shortly after. So I sat in a chair on the porch holding him while he caught his breath.  He gave tooth purrs. 

After a bit we came in.   Mom was outside at the time and saw his panic and was shocked by it.  That he ran and hit his head like that. Glad Mom suggested I keep a towel handy I wear it over my shoulders I have had to use it about 3x 

Outside is the only exercise he can get as he pees on the carpet n Mom gets mad.   Most times we have a peaceful calm enjoyable outside run and rest. I love that little guy

He used to panic in the house when the electric would pop off.  Hurt himself running into stuff.  I would catch him with a towel and once in my arms he would calm right down.  He doesn’t panic about the electricity anymore. Thats a relief.

• bunnytowne
                                        Participant

Sorry about your fish tank   Strange that plant caused all that.   Poor fish

• LBJ10

bunnytowne – Can you get a pen for him so that way he can’t get anywhere to hurt himself if he gets spooked? Poor thing. Hopefully you can get something figured out.

• Roberta
                                            Participant

Hi Bunnytowne,
                                              Great to see you back with us…
                                              Just wondering if you could lay down a couple of shower curtains inside so Cotton could have a bit of a run ndoors ?

• Roberta
                                              Participant

Summer in Perth Western Australia. This will be a common sight over the next few months. This is the view from behind my office at the moment. No immediate danger and if they plan on closing the roads they’ll let us know. It’s all the water bomber planes and helicopters flying over head that is the most distracting.

• MimzMum
                                                Participant
                                                8029 posts Send Private Message

Just dealt with this last summer, you have my sympathies and my prayers that it doesn’t get any closer.

• Baxter n Boos Mom
                                                  Participant
                                                  394 posts Send Private Message

Stay safe Roberta!

NBO – I hope your fish are doing better, and you’re able to get rid of all that slime – yuck.

I have good news to share: We have been Xpening our boys in the living room for several days now – because Baxter has been a bully for months, and chases Boo back to the man cave (bunny room) every time he tries to venture out. We were trying to force Baxter to accept Boo in the living room, and get Boo comfortable in the living room again. And last night – even without the Xpen, and having to carry Boo to the living room – both boys on there own were hanging out in the living room near each other! It seems to be working. YAY!

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                    Participant

I set the aquarium back up today! I did a h2o2 dip for the plants but idk… I’m still nervous to add them. I just purchased $100 in aquarium substrate and I’d hate to add them and they just reinfect the tank and then have to go back to square one again and buy even more substrate lol ahhhh super stressed about this lol I’m just sitting here with them in a bucket not knowing quite what I want to do… I’m also trying to figure out a way to transport the fish back into the aquarium without them re infecting the tank by bring over microbes from the water they are recently in. Idk. Thinking I’ll just give them a hefty dose of antibiotics, and treat the temp tote with bacteria ridding meds and fungus meds to kind of take care of whatever category this stuff is considered and then transport. I’m not too sure what to do rat this point but I know I don’t want to have to start completely over AGAIN as it’s expensive :/ *sigh*

• MissGabbster
                                                      Participant
                                                      718 posts Send Private Message

Take care of yourself and your family, Roberta. Let’s hope that they keep it contained.

Good news about Baxter and Boo! LOL, man cave? I love it!

I’d be scared of it reinfecting everything as well. Providing you make sure it’s no longer spreading in the bucket and tote that you have your fish and plants in it should hopefully stay away. Also be sure to religiously quarantine all new plants and fish so that this doesn’t happen again. It seems like a huge pain. And I agree, fish keeping is expensive when starting from scratch.

Ox is being a complete pain. He’s feeling a bit better I suppose since he kept me up all night destroying his pen! I was up and down every 5 seconds to stop him from going completely crazy. In the end I ended up just dragging a blanket and pillow into the area and grabbing a couple hours of sleep in there.

I’m beat though. With sleeping on the couch, my night owl family going in and out of the kitchen at all hours of the day, and Ox going stir crazy at night I haven’t gotten much sleep at all. I’d rather keep him from injuring whats left of his man bits than getting sleep though.

At least it’s snowing!

• LBJ10

I hate winter! OMG, I hate winter! I was in the 60s (I admit, above normal temp) and then it was in the teens within 2 days. It will continue to be in the teens until maybe the end of next week. I was so cold yesterday at work. I had my long underwear on and everything. I couldn’t clean anything properly because water almost instantly froze on stuff when I tried to scrub. My hand got stuck I don’t know how many times to something metal while trying to change water bowls. Locks were froze, outdoor faucets were froze. *sigh* I want it to be spring already.

I’m also a bit annoyed with my in-laws. I picked out a shirt for my niece’s birthday. It was too small and that was the biggest size. She would need to go to a different clothing section. Anyway, rather than them returning it and letting her pick something out, they left it out at my husband’s parents’ house expecting me to take it back. I don’t feel like I should be obligated to pick something entirely different out. I did though. I don’t know if she will like any of it though since it isn’t girls’ size clothing. Am I a bad person for thinking they should have just returned it themselves?

• Baxter n Boos Mom
                                                          Participant
                                                          394 posts Send Private Message

LBJ: I guess it depends on how busy they are. Usually it’s not the gift givers responsibility to do the exchange…but I usually offer for my aunt who works long hours. Next time – maybe you should stick to a gift certificate 🙂

• LBJ10

Well if it was just a simple exchange for size, I suppose I wouldn’t be so annoyed. I could get her a gift card, I suppose. It just doesn’t seem appropriate for a kid though. Maybe if she was a teenager.

• Roberta
                                                              Participant

Fires : It’s all good…. We’ll get them popping up every where now till Winter. Thankfully most will be contained within a day or so.. I am fairly safe at work and home. Loosing road access at work is the only concern as we are on over 300 acres… But they always monitor whats happening and they would have us all out before we were cut off.

• longhairmike
                                                                Participant
                                                                1069 posts Send Private Message

• mocha200
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  4486 posts Send Private Message

Wow. Long time no see! I have been non-stop busy for 6mo it seems! I really hope I can now start getting back on BB regularly! I miss it!

It is winter here in Norther WI and we have snow and FREEZING weather! It is currently -3F with a real feel of -13! It has been so icy I couldn’t ride!

This weekend I got a new pet. A Hermit Crab. It was so unexpected and I have been overwhelmed trying to figure out how to properly care for him… He is now buried and most likely going through his first molt. Apparently it is very common for them to die during their first molt. I am pretty nervous right now!

• LBJ10

So are these just spontaneous fires Roberta? People intentionally set fires here, so I wasn’t sure. Where I work, we burn every spring.

Mike – Oh my! o_O It says wolf spiders did that? That’s so weird! Wolf spiders here don’t make webs. They might line a burrow with silk, but that’s about it.

Mocha – Don’t get me started on the cold weather! LOL I had a hermit crab when I was in high school. They are odd little things.

• mocha200
                                                                      Participant

@LBJ10: Haha! Is it cold by you?

• LBJ10
                                                                        Moderator

Yep, it seems to be cold everywhere. I mean, yes, it is winter. But it got way too cold way too fast. We usually don’t see crazy cold until mid to late winter. Right now it is 9 degrees. Not sure what the windchill is, but I’m sure it is below zero. It was 65 degrees on Monday, which is above average. I think average for December is in the mid to upper 30s.

• longhairmike
                                                                          Participant

its only mid 50s here, and they are forecasting frosts the next few nights.
                                                                            our normal is supposed to be around 68.

i insulated all the bun-tents with foldover fleece blankies. now they have 2 connected rooms

photo DSCN3832_zps9cebc756.jpg

• NikitaSue20
                                                                            Participant
                                                                            132 posts Send Private Message

HI GUYS! long time no chat. I started going to cosmetology school in hanover and haven’t had time to even sit down and relax. We are super cramped in our apartment and want to buy a house but the fiance is getting layed off so we can’t. To make things worse when he gets layed off we have to go live with the in laws and they said they refuse to have rabbits in their home. idk what to do =/

• mocha200
                                                                              Participant

@NikitaSue20: Thats tough. We had to live with my grandparents for 6mo and they never let animals in their house! They made an exception for me as she knew how much I loved my rabbits. They let me put them in their basement storage room. Would they let you put them in a room like that in a cage if you promised to clean often?

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                Participant

So about 2 weeks ago we switched Abbie to raw food to see if it will an affect on her coat and it’s already starting to grow back! I’m so happy! It must’ve been some kind of food allergy she was having. Maybe the sweet potatoes… I’m not sure. Her food was grain/gluten free and was listed 5 star and a highly recommended brand but eh, she seems to be doing amazing for now so we’ll keep her on the raw meat/bone diet for awhile and look into another food source for Abbie. Possible something with limited ingredients. Who knows, we may just keep her on this one since she has also already lost some weight too (she’s 2 pounds over weight :/ even with half the recommended daily serving for her ideal weight) and her teeth have completely shed all her tarter buildup she. Just glad that we found something for now to help her out!

• LBJ10
                                                                                  Moderator

NBO – That sounds promising. Hopefully she will start to look better soon.

Stupid Leopold bit me while I was giving Wooly his medicine. I don’t know if he’s jealous or what. I was on my hands and knees so I could coax Wooly to willingly take the medicine. Then here comes Leopold. Whatcha doing? Whatcha doing? Hey! Hey! Next thing I know, CHOMP right on the back of my leg!

• LBJ10
                                                                                    Moderator

Finally got a good grooming in on Wooly. He wasn’t pleased, but I felt I had put it off long enough (didn’t want to stress him too much with his congestion). He is going through a big shed, so I got a lot off of him. He will need some more brushing though. I’m optimistic. He wasn’t so angry that he refused his treat when we were done. In fact, he was looking for it the second I put him down. Maybe I will be able to nab him again in a couple of days.

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                      Participant

Unfortunately no =( they have the opinion that rabbits are only for food and that its wrong for me to have them as pets. They don’t believe that any animals should be for pets. But hopefully my mother will let me keep them there til we figure something else out.

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                        Participant

You guys ever have those days where you can’t stop thinking of bad memories =( I’m having one

• tanlover14
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                          3617 posts Send Private Message

Hey everyone! It’s been soooo long since I’ve been a usual chat member – working full-time and going to school full-time is so hectic! It’s so hard to find time to do everything. Oy. I have all my finals this week though and I’m done on Saturday so I’ll probably feel like I have lots of time for BB’ing soon!

Thank goodness for school ending soon also because the new bun bun needs to be bonded in with the others after her spay incision heals! That should be fun – I’m insanely excited to do it and to start a thread for it! I’ll have a month of hard-core bonding to do so let’s hope she takes! If not, I’ll have a lot of all-nighters on my hand getting them through it I suppose.

So sorry about your fish tank, NBO! I hope you have good luck putting everything back in! That HAS to be stressful.

• LBJ10
                                                                                            Moderator

Nikita – Yeah, I have those days. I will be down and I will just think about things that happened in the past (could have been a long time ago too) over and over.

Tanlover – I don’t know how you do it. I have no drive for that anymore. I work and I can’t ever find the time to work on my thesis. I don’t know what I would do if I was still taking classes.

Leopold had me worried last night. He seemed like he was in pain, so I rubbed his tummy hoping it would help. He had been eating prior to that, so I wasn’t really REALLY worried. But I was still worried. He was fine though this morning. Came right up to me, being his usual curious self. Wanted a treat. I don’t know what could have been wrong last night.

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                              Participant

Maybe a little bit of gas? So hard to tell with buns

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                Participant

So there’s this mouse that I witnessed crawl into my house through an outlet that was in the process of being repaired. (It was a tiny hole and was open for only 2 days!!!) like 2 weeks ago, maybe. Scared us both half to death. I screamed, the mouse jumped like 3 feet in the air and off it went into the kitchen. Well I’ve been nagging my husband to get rid of the mouse! and he set a couple traps where I saw poo and little mouse prints by the entertainment stand and we caught it!! Bad news is it’s a girl how am I to tell if she had babies in the house? Like do they have very obvious nipples or what? The mouse is dead, she just couldn’t ignore that peanut butter. But if she had babies I’d love finding them so they don’t die and rot in my house :/ where do mice like having babies?! Do they wander from the nest? Should I look around where she was caught? I’m just so glad we caught her. I’m relieved

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                  Participant

Ok she was only here for 10 days. If she had babies she wasted no time!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                    Moderator

Mice like to make nests inside warm, dark places. If there is space in the floor of the cupboard around the pipes from the kitchen sink, for example, they can get between the floor and the floor of the cupboard and make a nest there. I would keep an eye out for signs of a nest, like pieces of “nesting” material popping up in odd places. Young babies are fairly immobile. They are blind and hairless, they usually stay put in the nest and the mother has to move them if a new nest is needed.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                      Moderator

Nikita – Yeah, that was my guess. We caught him chewing on the drywall on Sunday (new chewing location). We will need to block that off. That could have been the cause of upset, but like you said it’s hard to tell.

• tanlover14
                                                                                                        Participant

It does get very difficult – I have to admit. Last night I had to give Fleury, Simba, and Lacey some lovins while I was studying for my final. Simba and Lacey were fine… but Fleury kept hopping all over me which made it really difficult to study, LOL. It’s incredibly hard to find time for all the buns as it is – going to really have to schedule out timr for everybunny now that Lacey is here also! Thank goodness for having a boyfriend who loves the buns as much as I do. It REALLY helps when I don’t have time for them all.

My house hold chores have REALLY suffered from school and work though, LBJ! So I’m still not even really getting everything done like I should. I’m doing a huge house cleaning next week while I’m on break (even though I have to work). I really need to get it done before I start bonding because I’ll be just as exhausted as I was with school. My blog has been on and off suffering although I’ve had a lot of response and it and a lot of people have e-mailed and requested bonding help – so that’s kind of a part time job in itself. I only make a little money from it but it’s really helpful to others and is getting my bonding expertise out there! I really like doing it though – people who pay for skype sessions are my first priority with e-mailers going back and forth whenever I have extra time to do it. It’s really fun though and I feel like I’ve learned a lot helping others bond also!

I also just applied for the next position above mine which opened up at work. I’m not really elgible for transfer within the company yet but sometimes they make exceptions people say – so I applied anyways. I had a long talk with my supervisor about it and she was really helpful and encouraged me to apply also! SO if I don’t get it I won’t be too bummed but it would be nice to be able to work my way up the ladder a bit more!!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                          Moderator

My house has suffered too. Part of that though is because my husband has stuff strung out everywhere still. Things have been like this for MONTHS. He started his “little” project at the beginning of summer and still hasn’t finished. I’m a bit tired of looking at this shower door sitting in the living room, among other things. =\

That’s nice you are applying to move up already. Even if you aren’t eligible, I think it’s okay to apply anyway. And if you don’t get it, they will at least know you are interested in moving up next time a job opens up. Just make sure what you’re applying for is something you have the skills for. I was told that if you repeatedly apply for jobs that aren’t a good fit, it will count against you when a job that is a good fit finally pops up and you try applying for that one as well. Hopefully I’m making sense there. LOL My point is, even if you don’t get the new position you are applying for, you want it to still work in your favor.

• longhairmike
                                                                                                            Participant

guys aren’t supposed to hang the clean laundry all over the place. that’s just wrong.
                                                                                                              if you’re not going to put it away, a nice pile on the center on the bedroom floor makes it so much easier to find what you need

• LBJ10
                                                                                                              Moderator

LOL Mike, no laundry lying about. At least not in the living room anyway.

• Tessie
                                                                                                                Participant

TanLover and LBJ – I feel you guys! There is so much I should be doing that isn’t getting done, haha!
                                                                                                                  I should start making lists of what I need to do.
                                                                                                                  My house is a mess, I haven’t got Christmas presents! I have so much work to do…. Argh!

Also, Tanlover I didn’t know you had a blog?!

Speaking of bonding, I’ve spotted a boy at my local shelter who I adore! Speaking to them tomorrow to see if he’s suitable to meet Luna! Eek! Big decisions to be made there.

Is everyone excited for the festive season?

• Stickerbunny
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                  4128 posts Send Private Message

It started snowing here yesterday. Boooooooooo! I hate the cold. lol Down to 10 degrees.

It never fails to surprise me how silly the buns can be. The food bag is behind a baby gate because otherwise they open it and help themselves to pellets – but they know it’s back there. So, they were chewing at the baby gate asking for food and I had the boyfriend give them half their daily pellets. Stickers realized he put it on the plate and went to eat, but Powder stayed at the baby gate begging because he didn’t realize there was food out. lol Even after trying to show him where it was he still didn’t get it. At least he wasn’t sitting on the plateful of food looking around for it this time.. o.O

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                                                    Participant

So I went out today to get some rabbit litter and new nail clipper and litter boxes and ended up coming home with a new bunny….oooops. How young is too young to try to start bonding? I wanna bond the new little girl to thump first since he’s the laid back one but she is very tiny 8 wks old and thump is almost two and going on 5lbs. The new little girl is like half a pound maybe.

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                      Participant

I was going to say “uh oh” because of the homing situation when you move in with your in-laws soon BUT then I read the story on the Picture Thread and good for you – that bun is lucky you came in! Oy, people kill me. > He is gorgeous though. I’ve always heard good things about Dutchs also! At our Humane Society, all the Dutches that come through seem to be so sweet!

Definitely don’t start trying to bond until the little one is neutered or spayed though!

Off to take another exam, will be back on later!

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                                                        Participant

Well the boyfriend just got news yesterday that he might be spared from the layoffs but its still up in the air. And I just couldn’t let her die. and It couldn’t come at a better time because I just found a vet that does low cost high quality female spaying! plus I’m getting $400 dollars soon around the same time that she will be able to spayed anyway. So I’ll prob have her and oreo done at the same time since oreo still isn’t because I just couldn’t go all the way to pittsburgh to get it done. So happy to find this vet!

She is so cute though! I was playing with her on the couch and she put her paws up on my chest and gave me kisses all over my face! Shes only known me for a couple hours.

• bunnytowne
                                                                                                                          Participant

cottons doing much better outside.  no more panics. He hears things in the woods.  I saw a squirrel so it is squirrels he is hearing.  He saw a bird today he sat still observing it and then went about his way.  He hasn’t panicked in days. 

The dogs are staying well away from here.   We have an understnding.  The cat we haven’t seen in a week.  Cotton really enjoys the back yard.  He will lay down  in the grass n stretch out. I lay down besides him lol. 

oh that fire there May it go out before doing anymore damage.  I strongly dislike fires.  You never know where the wind will drive it. Stay safe. 

Hubby  wants to come visit when I get my apartment.  I don’t know I don’t really miss him that much.  He will be ok by himself. He has a friend downstairs to help him with stuff. 

I don’t want to go back to my previous religion. Hubby was strict about it. Anyway. 

We are doing fine here.  Found doctors at last got meds scripts before I ran out. 

Cotton is getting greens like crazy here.  grasses too. Living it up. We have a petstore here sells oxbow.  Will make a vet appmnt. for him in january. I will need to be able to pick up revolution for in case of fleas. I bought a lot before I moved here.  

How is your fish tank now.  

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                            Participant

Good job, Nikita! She’s lucky you found her!

Finally finished with three of my five classes… two more exams and three papers to write… I got this! By Saturday night I will be done and will finally be able to relax my mind a bit! I got the Kindle back in September and have barely had time to do a whole lot of reading so I’m really looking forward to that!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                              Moderator

bunnytowne – So are you officially not together anymore or are you still kinda sorta together? You said before that he (or someone) had said your marriage isn’t valid because you didn’t want to follow his religion anymore. Forgive me for being confused. Hopefully my question doesn’t upset you or anything.

tanlover – Good luck on the rest! That’s a lot to do in just a few days.

I’m a horrible bunny mom! Poor Wooly. I had to resort to trickery, but I didn’t have any choice. He hasn’t been wanting to take his medicine this time around. After chasing him around for awhile, I got an idea. I got him to go in the cage. Then I got a banana treat out. He put his paws up on the side and was begging. He pushed his nose out through the bars. Thinking the banana was going to go into his mouth, I put the syringe there instead and gave it a little squeeze. Oh my gosh, I’m so terrible! LOL Don’t worry, he eventually got the treat.

• longhairmike
                                                                                                                                Participant

i cant stand seeing this big folded up x-pen in the living room…

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Why is the Xpen folded and sitting in the room Mike ? I hope every bunny is OK.

Edit* I’m sorry Mike, I didn’t know Usako had crossed the bridge, I had to track through your post activity to find it… My belated sympathies to you..

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                    Participant

What a great trick LBJ!

So I feel kinda terrible. Today at work I reported one of the coworkers for smoking inside the building. I saw him give me the stink eye on my way out the door. This wasn’t the first time he’s done this and I honestly wasn’t even going to say anything until one if my coworkers told me that he has bad asthma and it’s really messing him up. That’s when I knew I had to do something. My coworker is so nice he wouldn’t really ever say anything to the manager but I’m not going to let someone else’s habit affect my coworkers health! I couldn’t just sit there and allow him to do such a thing.

When I went up to the ASM I didn’t give her a name but I said somebody is smoking indoors. She agreed that she has smelt it other nights as well but wasn’t sure if she had gone crazy. I told her it was a health concern for other employees. She already knew who it was because we have only one person that smokes that was working tonight. She can’t do anything to him but warn him she is aware of smelling smoke. She’ll have to catch him in the act in order to actually punish him. So these next couple nights of work are going to be so awkward with him because I think he knows who told on him. But I can’t help it! I can’t jeopardize my coworkers health and ability to do his work. We aren’t allowed outside on overnights after midnight because the alarms get set. He couldn’t just wait 6 hours. And I smelt it like 30 minutes before 6am! He could have waited 30 more minutes to go outside and smoke a cigarette. Grrr

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                      Participant

Warn all employees she smells smoke. She can’t necessarily call him out in it either.

• Annabel93
                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                        161 posts Send Private Message

I’ve been off work since Wednesday, and i’m off tomorrow too. (I normally get 2 days a week). It’s been working wonders for sorting out my bunnies’ behavioural problems, but at the same time I think I’m realising that all their issues are stemming from boredom/attention seeking, which makes me feel terrible I’ve given them another digging box today and buried some food in it which they’re currently enjoying. I also think i’ll go into town later and buy them a shedload of new toys

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                          Moderator

Don’t feel bad NBO. It’s a toy store too. Who wants to bring their kid in there and it smell like smoke?

Alright, I’m getting ready to make a rather awkward phone call. This is going to be weird.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Got their voicemail so I left a message. =\

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                              Participant

Who are you trying to contact

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                Moderator

My boss asked me to call because she is so busy. The person is someone I have talked to in the past for several school-related things. Then I interviewed with them for a job and I didn’t get the job. This was some time before I was working at my current job though.

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Oy. I’m really depressed. I’ve gotten three of my final grades back (out of five). So far, I got two A’s and a B. I was really hoping I could pull off all A’s and I’m a little worried I’m going to get a B in one of my other classes (I think the other is an A). Which would leave me with three A’s and two B’s. I was really hoping to have all A’s so I’m mega-bummed. Working full-time and going to school full-time has definitely been a shock though. Hopefully next Semester I will have a better way of managing my time now that I know exactly what I need to do to make time for everything. It’s just really frustrating. It’s really difficult and I know how hard this semester has been for me so it’s extremely disappointing not getting all A’s. Sometimes on-line classes suck though. For example, my psychology class… I had a different edition book… and didn’t think about it until like 3/5’s into the class… which explained why a TON of stuff that was on the exam was in different chapters than what I had read. It really confused me but I never realized until I was taking the exams since there was no homeworks… DOH. But I mean.. that’s my fault for not realizing I suppose.

I have one more exam to take and three small two-page papers on three books I have read. Sigh. Better get back to the grind!

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                                                                                    Participant

whoo Tanlover that sounds like a huge workload. try not to get too stressed out =/

Newbunnyowner123 that’s ridiculous. I’m a smoker and I can say I’ve never considered smoking inside my job before. That guy needs to have better control of his cravings. I worked at a pizza shop before and the workers used to smoke in the kitchen and told me I was allowed to as well but I was always like I’ll just go in the parking lot thank you.

So the boyfriend decided on a name. The little girl is Bella now. I was kinda rooting for willow but o well. lol We have been working on nipping and litter training. she is so smart. I’ve been squealing and moving away when she nips me and she is starting to get the idea. But she has trouble controlling herself when it comes to my necklace. And she sits in her litter box now and looks at me like she knows I’m trying to get her to do something but hasn’t quite got the idea yet. But I’m pretty proud for just a couple days.

Today wasn’t the best day in school though. I didn’t have any clients but I did get two timed perm wraps done for a grade. so it wasn’t completely bad.

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                                      Participant

So I just called out for work. My first time calling out all year! But hey, you’ve got me working 48 hours a week. I’ve been working 6 days a week for the past month so I’m taking this night for myself and finally putting up my Christmas tree and just relaxing tonight. And I’ll be ready to get back going tomorrow and do my work. It’s annoying when my boss makes a schedule because say ill only have Tuesday off that week and when he’s doing next weeks schedule he won’t consider that I’ve already gone 4 days in a row (beginning of work schedule is on Sunday) and he won’t schedule my next day off until like Thursday or something causing me to work 9 days in a row. And this job isn’t of me sitting down or something. It’s constant lifting boxes,sometimes heavy, like drum sets, tvs, consoles, and climbing ladders so yeah I get tired lol I’m a tiny person haha! I tried telling him and he goes, “I don’t consider the previous work week schedule when making the new one” *shrugs* I’m tired and don’t care lol they’ve killed my work drive lol

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Thanks, NikitaSue. I’ve had my fair share of breakdowns this semester!! But hopefully with knowing what to expect next semester it will make it easier!

NBO – You shouldn’t feel bad for telling. Especially with your co-workers condition. That’s nothing but rude to the other people you work with and you – so I wouldn’t feel bad at all if he has no respect for others feelings on him smoking inside. And you sound like you needed a night to yourself! Just relax and enjoy the time you have with your family tonight. You sound like a good employee so I doubt it’s a big deal about you calling off.

• longhairmike
                                                                                                                                                          Participant

construction area.. watch this space for further development

photo DSCN3837_zps56a39139.jpg

• AnnaW
                                                                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                                                                            569 posts Send Private Message

Tanlover – Dont worry, I have those breakdowns too! In my second year of a Radiotherapy and Oncology degree, needless to say I have never been so stressed in all my life! You’ll get through, and hey, its nearly Christmas!

• Tessie
                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Tanlover – I think many of us have been there! I have so much schoolwork to do over Christmas – 4 essays! 😮
                                                                                                                                                                Working pretty much full time hasn’t left me with much free time, I’m sure it must be the same for you! Try and relax over the holidays

NBO – You did the right thing definitely! Maybe it will be a wake up call for him that he needs to get control of the situation.

Longhairmike – Oooooh, how exciting! Very mysterious. Are you going to tell us what’s going on?

• longhairmike
                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Tabs, Aspen, and Suki are back. and this time they are not fosters

photo DSCN3845_zpsfcceae1d.jpg

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

CONGRATS, LONGHAIREDMIKE!! =) That’s absolutely wonderful – for them and you!

Just finished my semester – I got a 96 on my last final and I did the extra credit but I’m still not sure if I’m going to be able to pull off an A in the class… Sigh. **Fingers Crossed** Oh well, I would be happy with a B also. I think overall I have learned a lot about needing to manage my time better so hopefully next semester will go a little more soon!

I’m so excited to just lay down with my Kindle and NOT be reading schoolwork. Some of our extra credit for my Psych class was reading psych related books so I chose Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Lincolns Melancholy (which turned out to be fantastic though), and Walden. Just happy to be able to full out my Kindle for fun and not work! PHEW.

The new little one is running around the living room, her incision is healed very nicely. It’s more of scar than anything at this point, rabbits shock me how quickly they heal! Oy! But then how easily they get sick… Hmm. LOL! I’m so excited to start bonding. I’m thinking about trying a date next weekend. It will be 2 weeks since her spay then. Which is early when it comes to hormones but having done this so many times I’m okay with having to deal with those problems. She doesn’t seem very hormonal though at all (she didn’t at the shelter either) so I’m curious as to whether she’s not as well.

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Awww grats Mike! I’m glad they found their forever home, in a wonderful place!

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator
                                                                                                                                                                      22338 posts Send Private Message

Posted By longhairmike on 12/15/2013 05:01 PM

Tabs, Aspen, and Suki are back. and this time they are not fosters

Can’t stop smiling. Congrats! What a great way to honour Usako.
                                                                                                                                                                        TTAS really hit the jackpot when you guys moved into the area. I went looking for their pics on the rescue page. These 3 are super cute!!

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Congrats Mike… Such a gorgeous trio…. A fitting tribute indeed…

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Just some of this years Christmas/Yule cards…

Card 1

and on the rear

Bugger, can’t get the pic of the back page of this one to load..

Card 2

And the rear view (That’s Twinkletoes, my little girl who passed at the age of 24 yrs old earlier this year)

Card 3

and on the inside

and the rear

Card 4

and the rear

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

My favorite is Card 4, Roberta!! =)

I’m finally done with all my classes – now just waiting to get the rest of my grades back!!

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

Keeping up the positive vibes for excellent grades TL….

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

Those are great Roberta! I love the little verse also. :p

TL, time to chillax with the babies!

• lexidol
                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                  1 posts Send Private Message

My bunny is so freaking fat! its like: BIG BELLY LUVS BELLY WUBS HUGE NECK AND POOFY EAWRZ

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                    875 posts Send Private Message

Are we allowed to post pictures where we are also in the picture? I can’t remember lol. It seems like that was a rule that we aren’t allowed to show our own faces? Or am I crazy about that?

What classes are you taking tanlover?

• njbunny
                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                      99 posts Send Private Message

I have to say I have been a member of quite a few forums over the years and this one by far has the most rules! I do appreciate that there is order here but sometimes I feel like there is a little too much control and I am being babysat. Don’t get me wrong, I love this board and it is has been extremely helpful. I just am not used to so many rules :o)

• njbunny
                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Sorry, double post. Not sure why that happened and I cannot figure out how to delete a response. Hopefully I did not break any rules!

• njbunny
                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Ok I looked it up and you can post yourself IF you are over 18!

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

Yep, NJB, The rule is there to protect minors… Even the best controlled forum can have lurkers who do not have the best intent…. I.E. people who lurk on pet forums to gain information on young people that can be used to gain their trust.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                              Moderator

Yep, lot’s of creepy people out there. =\

Ugh, I feel like I’ve been working a lot. I’m just so tired. I had to be there at 6am both Sat and Sun. I just can’t get up that early and be expected to function properly. I just feel like crap the entire day.

Got my phone call returned today. It was actually quite pleasant. I guess I was worried for nothing.

• longhairmike
                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

the girls have settled in nicely in just 24 hours

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

They must be in bunny heaven with all those card board boxes…. Have they tried to chew any ?

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

I’m glad I called in the other night! They have me working 56 hours this week! Phew!

Tonight was just terrible. Idk what it is but I’m finding myself in a lot of cross fires lately. One of my coworkers threatened to hit me! Here’s the story. I have my own little area that’s high dollar stuff and no one is allowed in that section but me. (On my night off they set the security alarm just for that area that way the alarm goes off if an employee goes in there) You can go in there but you have to notify me when you are coming and going. It’s just security purposes. Well lately I’ve noticed a lot of inventory was off when I was doing inventory and bay audits so I left a note for the GM to get down to it. We were missing a lot of high dollar product. (Which can be daytime employees as well)

When things go missing, they come to me first as I’m the one who manifests orders and such so yes, I follow protocols. Well, there’s this one seasonal guy that keeps coming into electronics and into my back room without telling me first. I walked back there and let him know just in case he forgot that he needs to notify me when he is coming in here. He needs to find me first. He said yeah ok whatever. Well he does this AGAIN so I basically kicked him out of my department and told him if I see him in here again I will have to go to the ASM. I’m on edge because products missing and I’m responsible for it at night. Well this guy loses his temper with me and starts flinging his arms and puffing his chest at me saying I don’t need to treat him like he’s a thief. I made it clear again that these rules are for EVERYONE he’s just the only one breaking them and he threatened to hit me! Then he threw a box of toys at me and stormed out of the back room. So I reported it but I’m really shaken up about it. Never had an employee lose their cool like that over something so simple… What’s a girl to do?! Lol I’m just glad I’m off tonight to avoid him and allow him to cool off…

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Moderator

LHM – They are so adorable! Congrats! Just a question here, but where is all the furniture in your house?

NBO – That place is such a hostile environment anyway (even without this guy). Perhaps you should start looking for another place to work. Or maybe you have already? I don’t mean to say that you should be the one who has to leave. I don’t think that at all and I know it’s not your fault. But having to work in a stressful environment can’t be good for your health. You have tried to get things to change, but nothing has worked so far. You think you have one problem solved, only to have another one pop up in its place. =\

I wanted to sleep in today. But no. The city is trimming trees in the neighborhood. I woke up to a chipper going right outside our house. *sigh*

• Hazel
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                        2587 posts Send Private Message

Posted By LBJ10 on 12/17/2013 10:45 AM

The city is trimming trees in the neighborhood. I woke up to a chipper going right outside our house. *sigh*

Same thing happened two years ago in front of our house. I didn’t think anything of it. Then I went outside later on, only to find our entire hedge missing… It’s still not back to normal.

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Okay, I am over 18 lol.

I wanna share my Christmas card picture too ;;

not bad huh?

• longhairmike
                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

i’m not going to fill 3600′ with furniture. i’m not running a [human] resort here.

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

bonding rabbits, reading this thread…

I like that little slide thing you got longhairmike lol. Is it just for the rabbits? They seem to love it XD

@NBO; are you in retail?

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Welp… I got three A’s and two B’s. It’s okay I suppose but I’m hoping next semester I pull off all A’s.

It really feels awesome to come home from work and not have to think about doing homework! So relaxing… and I invited a friend over on Friday night for a girls night!!! =)

Gotta get some cleaning done… and then spend some time with my fur kids! Yes, so much time available for the furbrats now! I LOVE ITTT <3

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Moderator

Posted By longhairmike on 12/17/2013 04:11 PM

i’m not going to fill 3600′ with furniture. i’m not running a [human] resort here.

I was just saying. LOL I always think to myself, is his house only furnished for rabbits? In most of your pictures, there is this beautiful house and no people furniture.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

Hazel – Yeah my husband was hoping they would “slip” and have to cut down the whole tree. He hates that one that is in the parkway. It’s a linden and it constantly drops leaves and sticks.

Tanlover – That’s pretty good! Don’t beat yourself up over a couple of B’s.

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

LOLOLOLOL, LBJ! I have always thought the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NikitaSue20
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

UGH! So My school doesn’t close on snow days so If you can’t make it well….tough nuggets. and with all this snow I’ve missed alot. I have to travel from one side of pa to the other side everyday. And I have to cross a couple mountains. So I’m prob gonna fail the curriculum were in and I find it so frustrating because they have to understand I’m not about to risk my life to get there. If I miss much more I’ll get kicked out of school. But what do they expect me to do?

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Nikita Sue,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Would it be possible to request that you do some of the work remotely (via computer from home) due to the circumstances with the weather.. Surely there must be a counsellor or student advocate that could advise and support you in gaining something like this.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Sometimes a classmate of mine would have to go out of town for work and miss class. So he would skype with us during class and give input into our discussions. I don’t know what you’re studying. I suppose certain things would need to be in person. But if you have a buddy who could pull you up on skype during class, then you could still hear the lecture and participate in the discussion (if any).

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Moderator

Aw how sweet Zombie-Sue! Was this taken in a studio?

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Yeah! It was actually a fundraiser for the local shelter. My uhhh grandmother-in-law ?? has been REALLY PESTERING my husband and I to get pictures, for like, three years now, lol. I don’t like pictures. I figured that this was for charity though… two birds with one stone.

So, it was taken at a studio that a local business leant to the charity, but it was taken by volunteers. We bought just the one picture on a CD ($25) and it…. didn’t turn out spectacular LOL. I think they needed to adjust the lighting for us or something, because we had a REALLY RED TINT. My husband’s eyes were the worst, he looked like an addict who hadn’t slept in six months. Also I was like, making a fist and I had a hair or something on my face….. thankfully my husband is good with photoshop, so a filter here and little cropping, some removing of stuff on my poor face and it turned out really good LOL. I’m really glad I got the CD and didn’t just order prints omg. Fun fundraiser but I wanted a usable picture.

Also, you know what my favorite thing about rabbits is? when you have a small carrier, everyone everywhere you go–shelters, the vet, fundraisers–everyone expects a cat. So when I take my rabbits out they’re all “ITS A BUNNY!!!!”

• Rufus
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  334 posts Send Private Message

Ha! I love that too, Zombie Sue! I always walk Rufus to the vet in a carrier and my favourite things is seeing people peering into the carrier and then their eyes lighting up to see a bunny in there munching himself stupid on baby spinach.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

Hehe, people are always looking when I take my boys to the vet. Not sure why though since they see a lot of “exotics” there. You would think people would expect it.

What I would like to know is if anyone was at the vet’s office when “our” eagle was brought to the vet. Can you imagine people’s faces if they looked in there?! LOL

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

Simba is the favorite in my vets office! But I’m not so sure he’s going to keep his standing once they all get a peek at Lacey…. she definitely gives him a run for his money!

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Moderator

A busy reception area at the vets has got to be one of my fave places.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Kinda odd since I’m an introvert.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          People chat easily about their furbabies and I love seeing all the different animals and breeds.

Zombie-Sue, you didn’t consider sending your G’ma-in-law a walking dead version of the pic? :p
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Hmm..maybe that’s what I should do with pics of me. My eyes always have an addict/sleepless appearance unfortunately.

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

Good Grief JerseyGirl, I just looked at the weather page and it has a headline that you are having the hottest December day in 84 years…. Hope you and the buns are keeping cool…. We had some scorchers last week but not the bad (well 40+ but still not that unusual for WA, in your neck of the woods it’s diabolical).

• jerseygirl
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Yes, we’re living up to our reputation atm Roberta.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I have evap cooling which gets things about 10degrees cooler. So still pretty warm in the house but its ok. Buns are coping ok, thank you!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I’m not getting any work over the next couple weeks but I have to say, I’ll be glad not to be there if this heat keeps up. With the oven going, it becomes awful.

• longhairmike
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

we hit a record 81 two days ago and it was a nice break from the cold. and on top of it i finished packing orders early enough to get on the bike for the first time in a month. normal is only mid 60s for december

(don’t try this at home)

photo cack_zpsf747be8b.jpg

• Tessie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

Wow, I had to google to see what temperature you guys are talking about, 81F is 27C! How do your bunnies cope? I guess you guys have air con..
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  It’s hovering around 10 degrees here (50F), which is pretty mild for London in December. That probably means we’ll have a sudden drop soon though!

I’ve finished work for the holidays, but I have 4 essays to get through! :/ Which stops me feeling relaxed, haha!

My vet is always full of cats! I hope to see another bunny there one day, but it looks like I’ll be getting another bunny very soon anyway

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

Ugh, it’s rare to be above freezing in December here QQ

• Hazel
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Hubby won the Quarterly Achievement Award at work today! I’m so proud of him! He should have gotten it a long time ago but better late than never!

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

congrats to your husband, hazel!!

So, im rather excited. My last overnight shift is Monday night going into Tuesday morning! He was wanting me to work Christmas Eve until 10pm but I told him otherwise. I mean, this year I missed my favorite holiday, thanksgiving, because I had to go to work from 2pm-4am and then back again that night at 10pm and I missed Thanksgiving dinner! so when he told me I was working Christmas Eve I basically told him to expect a call out. I told him he made me miss thanksgiving and you expect me to miss christmas too?! I told him no. He must’ve understood my frustration because when the official schedule came out tonight he gave me Christmas Eve AND Christmas off! Woo-hoo! and after Christmas I’m back to days No more being a hermit haha

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Good job, NBO! I’m happy to hear you stood up for yourself and got the days off. You deserve it! You work hard there.

Congrats to the hubby, Hazel! =) My boyfriend got an award at his work this year also and he’s only been there TWO months! I was really surprised. He’s a great worker though and exceptional at what he does (which is marketing) so I shouldn’t have been too surprised.

I started bonding the other night! It’s going really well so far. But we are only two nights in. Nora is picking on Lacey and Tanger comes to Laceys defense but that’s about all the action I’ve gotten. Going to do an all-nighter tonight (hopefully)!

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

So great start to Xmas Eve… Finn Gall the Destroyer (cat) aka Yowlie McShoutymouth, decided to stay out past curfew meaning I eventually had to go to bed leaving the sunroom open for him but locking off the laundry to keep the others in… In the wee small hours Finn Gall arrives home shouting at the laundry door to come in, I walk out at speed colliding face first with the closed laundry door in the dark knocking myself senseless and starting a nose bleed. Let Finn in and go out to the sunroom to block off the cat flap leaving a trail of blood through the laundry, back to bed only to have the sun rise and the alarm go off… Get up to start the day still with a blinding head ache and a renewed nosebleed… Preparing things for bunnies and I notice an odd noise, look closer at the loungeroom playpen, Starsky has decided to pay a visit to Pascal and squeezed himself through a tiny gap in the play pen… Pascal is atop his cage looking like a vulture and Starsky is making himself at home even going into Pascals cage which set Pascal off honking and grunting… No violence at this stage however… I decide to let them be and see how they go… All good for about 20 minutes than Pascal finally had enough launching like a starving bird of prey off the cage and onto Starsky who fled back to his side via the opening I had made for him… Managed to seal it just as Pascal was sticking his head through to follow… OK… All good, some fur about but no injuries… Back to the bunny salads, come out to serve the salad and suddenly realise that Pandora and the babies have a visitor, Pascal is now out and has decided to continue the social theme of the morning by traversing the lounge room and popping over to say HOWDY to the house guests… Pandora of course was most intrigued by this dark handsome stranger, luckily a neutered dark handsome stranger, the chase around the lounge room ensues and I finally catch Pascal and return him to his play pen and finish serving break fast to the herd…. Having decided alcohol at that hour of the morning was not appropriate I finish up, make sure every one is secure and head to work where I can finally sit down and take something for the ongoing head ache courtesy of Finn and the laundry door.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Ugh, why are things so ridiculously complicated this year? Seriously. We are having difficulty figuring out how we will have Christmas for my family. Everyone has to work either this day or that day. We can’t seem to work anything out. Finally, my brother said we could come over Christmas morning for breakfast. My dad doesn’t have to go to work until the afternoon. So thinking that was okay, then I learned they wanted people there a 8am. My husband and I don’t want to get up that early and drive across town to have breakfast. We wanted to sleep in a little. Plus we are not big breakfast eaters (I just can’t eat that much in the morning, I would feel sick). I try to explain that it is a bit too early, could we do 9am instead. Then my brother gets really annoyed with me and says we should just figure something else out. *sigh* I hate Christmas.

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Moderator

Ouch Roberta, that had to hurt!

• Monkeybun
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Participant

I would say just do it, LBJ. It’s only one day

• bunnnnnnie!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  1491 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Roberta on 12/23/2013 08:02 PM

So great start to Xmas Eve… Finn Gall the Destroyer (cat) aka Yowlie McShoutymouth, decided to stay out past curfew meaning I eventually had to go to bed leaving the sunroom open for him but locking off the laundry to keep the others in… In the wee small hours Finn Gall arrives home shouting at the laundry door to come in, I walk out at speed colliding face first with the closed laundry door in the dark knocking myself senseless and starting a nose bleed. Let Finn in and go out to the sunroom to block off the cat flap leaving a trail of blood through the laundry, back to bed only to have the sun rise and the alarm go off… Get up to start the day still with a blinding head ache and a renewed nosebleed… Preparing things for bunnies and I notice an odd noise, look closer at the loungeroom playpen, Starsky has decided to pay a visit to Pascal and squeezed himself through a tiny gap in the play pen… Pascal is atop his cage looking like a vulture and Starsky is making himself at home even going into Pascals cage which set Pascal off honking and grunting… No violence at this stage however… I decide to let them be and see how they go… All good for about 20 minutes than Pascal finally had enough launching like a starving bird of prey off the cage and onto Starsky who fled back to his side via the opening I had made for him… Managed to seal it just as Pascal was sticking his head through to follow… OK… All good, some fur about but no injuries… Back to the bunny salads, come out to serve the salad and suddenly realise that Pandora and the babies have a visitor, Pascal is now out and has decided to continue the social theme of the morning by traversing the lounge room and popping over to say HOWDY to the house guests… Pandora of course was most intrigued by this dark handsome stranger, luckily a neutered dark handsome stranger, the chase around the lounge room ensues and I finally catch Pascal and return him to his play pen and finish serving break fast to the herd…. Having decided alcohol at that hour of the morning was not appropriate I finish up, make sure every one is secure and head to work where I can finally sit down and take something for the ongoing head ache courtesy of Finn and the laundry door.

I think the number of animals you’re caring for overrides the hour of day.  Pour a glass!  LOL!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Moderator

MB – Yeah, we’re going over there tomorrow. The time was changed to 9am. I’m so tired though right now, I need to go to bed. Too much running around today.

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

The only thing I wanted for Christmas was SIX BONDED BUNS! =) And we are almost there. Despite a little bit of chasing, they have all been pretty good together. They chased a lot in the beginning (on Thursday) but I haven’t separated them since Saturday and the chasing has drastically decreased to now! Tonight I finally saw them all snuggling together as a large group which absolutely melted my heart!

We are up SO late trying to get everything ready for dinner tomorrow. Waiting for the gravy to cool so we can put it in the fridge and finally head to bed. (It’s 4:30am here!) I had to work most of today (boo) and I have to go back on Thursday. I didn’t use any of my PTO for Christmas vacation so my only holiday days off are Christmas and New Years Day.

I hope everyone and everybun has a wonderful Christmas!!!! =)

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

Well I had our Christmas Eve dinner yesterday. It was rather delicious. All our other friends are also away from their families being military and whatnot so we always get together and have a holiday feast. Third year spending it with them. But idk, I always find myself not enjoying myself after the initial meal. With everyone being 21-24 years old they tend to drink and party a lot and I’m not much of a drinker. I don’t enjoy liquor and so I keep appearing to be the party pooper by leaving at 10-11 o clock because everyone is getting wasted and I’ve quit enjoying myself. I really think I’m mentally older than 23. I wish I can find some people that act more like me lol I like them, don’t get me wrong, I’m just not a drinker and everyone there is just doing what most early 20 year olds do and that’s party.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I’m just going to be a hermit until I’m in my 30s where it’s a bit more socially acceptable to just enjoy chit chat and laughter surrounding the dinner table lol

On an EXTREMELY bright side, I’m done working over nights!! I did an ankle kick walking out the door my last night haha. I’m still trying to adjust back to days. I stayed up alllll day yesterday instead of sleeping hoping I’ll be dead tired when night comes around. And I was but my body woke me up at 4:30am so I feel awake, even though I’m running on 4.5 hours of sleep. I’m sure I’ll be tired around 2pm again when I’ve normally gone to bed the last 2 months :p

Merry Christmas you guys! Enjoy this time with family. And if you’re too far to spend it with them, make sure you give them a call!

• Roberta
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

It’s Boxing Day… Great start… Starsky got into Pascals pen again and got more than he bargained for, they had each other on the ground and were going for the throat… Amazingly no injuries and I obviously got there before fur could be pulled….. I have now blocked access and buggered if Ican figure out how Starsky got his fat butt through the gap he made to begin with…..

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Moderator

Seems I’m ineligible for health insurance. I sort of knew that already, but I was kind of hoping. Didn’t even offer me a catastrophic plan. Hmm, must not be available. Oh well.

So how was everyone’s Christmas? Did Santa bring you anything good? My husband actually paid attention and got me the bird book I wanted. That certainly isn’t like him.

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Participant

I loved my Christmas this year! The last two years I spent it alone because my husband had to work 12 hour shift those days. Being military and all it’s harder to request days. But this year he had the 24th-26th off! So I was a happy camper this year that we got to spend it together this time around.

Oh, exciting news! My older brother is going to have a baby!! This will be the first blood related baby in the family. I’m so excited!

• LBJ10
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Moderator

NBO – So you’re going to be an auntie? =D I’m guessing you don’t live near your brother though. =(

The weather was so nice here the last couple of days. Boy, you wouldn’t think it was almost January. The sad part is that it is going to be 15F on Sunday. That will be a 45 degree temp drop from tomorrow! =O

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Participant

NBO, I became an aunt for the first time this December 5th! Greatest feeling ever but they live in Long Island and I live in Pittsburgh – about a 7 hour trip. So I haven’t been able to see the baby with anything but pictures and Skype yet! It really is a wonderful feeling though. I was so incredibly happy and emotional when I saw her for the first time – her name is Kayla Elizabeth! =) I’m a very, VERY proud aunt of a gorgeous little girl! Do they know what the sex is yet??

So I finally have a bonded bunch of bunnehs! Whoop! Six, phew. No more, I swear!

My boyfriend went out with some friends tonight so I’m sitting here with a glass of wine, my Kindle, the computer, and trying to write a blog post about bonding all six of the bun buns! It feels so weird to have time to myself. But I almost feel anxious, like there is something I should be doing but I’m not! LOL. Just can’t seem to get any piece around here.

I also got an interview for the promotion I applied for! It’s on Tuesday and I’m crazy nervous!

• tanlover14
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Participant

Also, Roberta….a glass? You should have entitled yourself to a whole darn bottle after that morning!

• Hazel
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Participant

NBO: Congrats on becoming an aunt soon!

tanlover, you too! I hope you get to see the baby in person before long.

Neither my brother nor I plan on having children, makes me feel bad for my parents…

• NewBunnyOwner123
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Participant

They don’t know the sex yet. They are only 12 weeks he sent everyone a Christmas card saying “you’re going to be an aunt/grandmother/uncle ect depending on who the card was sent to.

Yeah he lives in Texas and I’m in DE. It’ll probably be a couple years before I’d be able to see him/her. When I found out I was crying lol and then I got super depressed knowing I wouldn’t be able to really interact with the baby or anything lol my older brother and I aren’t very close. We seem to support one another from a distance. Like when I went down to Texas last summer he attended my wedding but that was about all I saw from him. And the summer before that I didn’t even see him because he lives further north and neither one of us wanted to make the 6 hour drive to each other’s city we were in to visit one another (gotta love the big state of Texas!) but his wife and I are close so I’m sure I’ll hear lots from her and baby! Super excited!

Another note, we might be moving! They are sending out a wave of orders soon and I’m hoping a lot we get orders but I’m doubtful lol not all military bases have the airplane my husband works on. But I’m hanging on to the tiny glimmer of hope that a change of scenery is in the future ^_^

• Tessie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Participant

NBO – how exciting! Congratulations! My cousin is having a baby soon, I’m so excited!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Tanlover – that was a quick bond! Well done, you must be pleased that’s done!

I had a lovely Christmas! but Luna doesn’t like it here at my parents so I’m taking her home tomorrow.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Also, at some point this week I’m going to collect a new bunny addition!

• Zombie-Sue
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Participant

My Christmas just ended today–last one at my mom’s mom’s.

It’s always nice when *that* cousin shows up sober and doesn’t ruin everything.

Viewing 139 reply threads
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE December Chat!