Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE BB Health/Fitness – Weekly Check-In Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 596 total)
  • Author
    LBJ10

Update: So the workouts are mostly circuits or stations. I did not like the guy at the first session we went to, so we switched to a different day. This guy is better. We haven’t been in to do as many workouts in between as I would have liked. The weather has been terrible. It has been raining pretty much non-stop. The diet has been difficult to follow. So… I think I’m pretty much failing here. =\

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

LBJ: you are trying which is not failing! I honestly wished I could say I’ve been putting in some effort.

My depression came back in full force due to some events that really were a trigger point. I hate that word so much, but unfortunately it’s pretty accurate. I’ve gone to the gym everyday this past week and really half-@$$ed my workouts, then when I get home I’d gorge on cookie butter, fro-yo and doritos. All weekend I’ve just laid under the covers and neglected almost everything. I think the boys can tell something is up with me. Neither one have left my side and will follow me whenever I do drag myself out of bed.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

A&B I’m in the same boat. I’m really proud of myself because I went to the doctor last week and got an increase in my meds, and I’ve an appointment with my counsellor tomorrow. I’ve been really half assing exercise and eating mostly just toast, and cheese sandwiches.

I did manage to get out of bed and shower and do my makeup before work this morning which is an improvement.

Bam

A&B, that reminds me of how my Yohio wouldn’t leave the foot end of my bed when I had bad migraines. He normally jumped on my pillows and chewed my hair, but not when I had migraine. They understand =)

This time of year is extra hard imo, the darkness and the rain and all that. I’ve been doing lots of pulse spinning lately, but last week it was like I could barely get my pulse to go over over 74% (we’re supposed to go over 90) so I decided to take a five day break from spinning.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Bam: How is pulse spinning different from normal spinning? I love spin but feel too intimidated to take a class. I’ve been on my weightlifting and powerlifting train for years it’s starting to get old and make me feel old… and I’m only 27 (in 2 months)!

Tony’s Mum: I stopped seeing my therapist. She just wasn’t a good fit for me, so I slightly envy you. I’ve almost been thinking about going inpatient for it because it’s honestly been the worst it’s been in years, and I don’t really think I have the ability to cope on my own. Like hubs and buns are great and all, but they can only do so much before you start feeling like a burden.

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

Hi All,
    Yeah, so I haven’t been on the forum for about three weeks due to being just too out of it all… too ill. Started back last week… am pulling myself up..but not quite together. My health is in a rut right now. For a few weeks my migraines had me completely down.. this is a normal, live with this, but sometimes they are just worse than my really bad ones and that was where I was. I also was at a point where everything was worse, my fibromyalgia was in a heightened pain flare and my inflammation was also up… it was like all the demons decided to come out and make me miserable all at once.

At that point, eating becomes hard, exercise becomes a sadistic ridicule and the only reason I would lose any weight, if I lost weight, would be due to dehydration… But, I’d take it!

I have lost some since the beginning but it’s not where I want to be. I really want to get out and just walk and get to enjoy the fall air and cooler temperatures but we keep getting washed out day after day here in NY!

I also have to strengthen my core and do a lot of other strengthening exercises but I am procrastinating like heck on going to PT again for it… knowing across the board, all of my drs agree PT is necessary so I’m kicking the can…

I go to see my Rheum Nov 1 so I have set my goal for no more procrastination after that day for this… rt now, I can do a little bit like some core exercises that don’t put too much stress on my neck or back, clean up some more of my eating (where who knows?!?) keep moving as much as possible… and keep hydrated.

I’m addressing some other health issues in the interim… but I could use some sunshine!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

A&B I haven’t actually met this one yet, my old one left the practice so I’ll have to see how it goes. I hope you find something that works for you x

Muj, I have to strengthen my core too, I hurt my back badly a while ago and my PT told me to do that but as soon asi felt better I got lazy about it

Bam

A&B, I really hope you find something that works!
    Pulse spinning is spinning with a pulse monitor that you see on a screen in the spinning room. You dont have to tell anyone your monitor number, so it’s a “secret”. The instructor has built the class around pulse goals. It’s normal spinning but the pulse monitor motivates you to work harder (and enables you be more pleased with yourself when you reach your pulse goals). Spin classes are the least intimidating you can do at a gym imo. The room tends to be dimly lit, everybody does their own thing, you only compete against you. I recommend it. Feeling old sounds like it’s your depression speaking – you are not old obviously, but you shouldn’t have to feel you are either.

Muj Mon, I hope you’ll get some sunshine soon! It really does help. We’ve had lovely weather here lately. It’s a rare treat, the last time we had a lovely October like this was in 2014.

Taloan7
    Participant

Muj Mon, sorry to hear things have been difficult lately. Sending good vibes your way!

I’ve been doing well lately, though I need to remember to actually be okay with eating more when I do more. It’s so easy to full into the trap of feeling like eating less is progress, but I find my weight loss stalls out when I increase activity but don’t do the same with calories :/

I’m a Master Gardener (a volunteer program where we maintain local gardens and teach people about gardening/growing their own food). I’m only 30 and I think the next youngest MG in my group is like 65, haha. So lately I’ve been trying to get in a lot of hours cleaning up some of our botanical gardens for the fall and because everyone else is so much older than me I try to take on all the hard labour when I’m there because I know I can get a lot more done and a lot of the other MGs have a hard time doing those tasks. This has resulted in me being completely wiped and falling asleep early, but in a good way. I spent 6 hours this weekend doing some serious manual labour and I’m wiped and muscle sore today, but it’s a good feeling. I’m going to miss all the activity out in the sun when winter really sets in and there is less to do, but I guess that is what the gym is for.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I lost another pound!

Hazel
    Participant

Tony’s Mum: Yay! You’re doing it.

LBJ: How’s it going at the gym? What kind of diet are they having you follow?

Finally cracked the 20 lbs mark. Weighed in at 159 lbs yesterday, so I lost 23 lbs since July 26. BMI is down from 29-30 to 25-26. Almost halfway there…

Harveybunny
    Participant

Hey you guys!

Wow, this is the longest thread in the WORLD! Keep up the good work everyone – build muscle, and fat comes off – you can’t just fix fitness problems with a diet approach, though that is necessary.

KEEP TRYING!! We will all get there! I believe in everyone here!!!

LBJ10

Hazel – It isn’t going so well. I haven’t lost any weight. Actually, I think I’m up a pound. :\

The diet has not been easy to follow and I haven’t been doing very well. It’s the PCF diet, so protein, “good” carbs, and fat together (every meal). They encourage eating saturated fat like real butter, etc.

LBJ10

Forgot to add…

I have gone to most of the workouts, but I missed a couple for one reason or another. I only signed up for 1 day per week because I couldn’t afford more than that. It was pretty expensive. The small classes are mostly circuits or stations. There is a trainer there to show you how to do each one. A problem I have been having is that I am physically unable to do some of the exercises. My knees hurt me, so lunges are quite painful. I can get down into the lunge position, but it’s practically impossible for me to get back out. Some other exercises have also been way too hard. I just don’t have enough upper body strength. I can’t do a pushup with my hands on 10lb dumbbells and then lift the weight up to my side after I have come up for the pushup (if that makes sense). I can’t do pushups very well to begin with, let alone something like that. Going to the classes makes me feel like a weakling.

Taloan7
    Participant

LBJ10 the thing about excercises is they are only effective if you can actually do them. You can go to the class every day but if you’re unable to do the exercise it’s not helpful. Not to say the class isn’t worth it to keep yourself accountable, but look for opportunities to build up strength in between classes so you can get the most out of the class. Start with modified push ups at home. For the lunges you can practice stepping up on a block and back down so you’re not having to get down into a position you can’t get back out of. Do 10 bodyweight squats every time you go to the bathroom, something that you can remember to do regularly.
    Not trying to go into lecture mode, haha. My husband used to be a personal trainer so I am just passing on the advice he gave when I told him about your problems. Sometimes it takes a lot of work to get fit enough to make your workouts productive.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Taloan7 that’s so true! When my hubs first taught me to lift 7 years ago I could barely do modified pushups. And now I can crush him at doing clap pushups and one handed pushups

I’m trying to get back into a normal routine, which is helping the depression a ton. I’ve also revamped my lifting routine. The one thing to nail down is diet. I feel like it’s so tricky when you lift really heavy 5 days a week because those 5 days I’m really ravenous and I’m trying to keep up with my protein intake. Then on the weekends I’m usually busy with grad school work or just busy being out and about that it’s hard to stick to a solid food plan. I haven’t gained weight so that’s good xD but I am thinking about competing again, in which case weight gain is a necessary evil.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I’m having a pretty crap mental health week and have no motivation to get out of bed and work out. I’m trying to see if the pool is open because I think maybe I could manage a swim.

Taloan7
    Participant

Asriel and Bombur I hear you! I’m hitting the gym fairly hard and also breastfeeding a baby, both of which make you sooo hungry. My regular diet is quite good because I can control what comes into the house, but any time I go to some sort of event (and this is the worst time of year for it between Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) I’m like “ooh, cupcakes, don’t mind if I eat five of them.”

Tony’s Mum sorry to hear you are having a rough week. I love swimming and find it very soothing. Hope it’s open and you can get yourself in there.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Tony’s Mum, living with any kind of depression is so rough. I think one of the best things for mine, personally, is being active. It helps me to take something back and to feel empowered. I could be having a terrible day depression wise or even work wise, and then go in the gym and crush it.

Taloan: yessss! All the holiday treats are my worst enemy! I just want all the cookies and pies and stuffing (stuffing is the real thanksgiving hero ). I ordered from this place called Doughees as a fun treat for our anniversary. They’re like these cookie cups stuffed with different things and with the consistency of cookie dough. Took everything I had to only order the one box and not order a second one xD

Hazel
    Participant

LBJ: Don’t beat yourself up. I feel like a weakling just going up a flight of stairs.  I’m sure it will get better. I forgot, how long are you gonna be doing this for?

I hope all of you who are struggling with depression and/or motivation can power through! 

I don’t have much motivation to exercise either. I get plenty of exercise while I’m at work, but other than that I don’t do anything except walking the dog.  I’m happy that I lost a good bit of weight just by changing my diet, but I probably could have lost a lot more if I had put in the work…

LBJ10

For the record, the plan was to go to the gym and exercise on my own between classes since I was unable to afford the 2 or 3 times per week version. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to make it to the gym like I wanted to. It was just a bad time I guess. But I was having to stay late at work and then we were having some family issues that needed to be addressed. And I’m sorry, but there is no way I would be able to go to the gym before work. I would be falling asleep at my desk. I don’t function well if I have to get up too early. I just don’t. :\

This is supposed to go for another 2 weeks. I doubt I will have lost any weight by the end. It was sadly a waste of money. But once you signed up, that was it. There were no refunds.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I managed a swim yesterday and I have therapy again tonight so it’s a long day for me, but I’m on midterm from college so I’m going to try to fit in a run tomorrow after work.

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

Therapy Socks! I had far worse but i was behaving myself that day… or at least trying my best to do so while covering up everything else i was feeling ….

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

So, I’ve been MIA again, just coping and isolating … I have a rule of thumb to follow for the most part. If I find that I cannot cover my pain by masking it (pain can be mental, physical or combo of both) from the world outside then I declare myself not socially appropriate that day and stay away from people. Simple. Except for when the only way you begin to tell what day of the week it is is by which doctor appointment you have that day…. I have been wanting to just be that ostrich on the cartoons that stops running suddenly and just sticks his head down in the sand!

So on Friday after 2 weeks of being sick and just not doing too great at all… I guess it’s sort of my heightened norm, I lose track of which day of the month it is and realize I’ve got 2 appointments squeezed into the same day! No easy feat for me…tense but doable… so onward I went to get some very upsetting yearly diagnostic ultrasounds… I ended up wearing a pair of my therapy socks! I was indeed behaving! I promise! I guarantee to all I have far worse pairs… but my heart goes out to all that are also dealing with the weight of depression along with their health in this forum… and everywhere. It’s painful and it makes everything harder, what’s worse is that it’s a pain that no one can see and so few understand so it goes so very often unjustified and misunderstood. Heck, I’ve been suffering my entire life, and I still fall prey to doing those things to myself, and I know!

So, health wise.. tomorrow I finally go to Rheumatologist! After 2 1/2 month long wait… and I’m one of his existing patients! I sure hope he isn’t taking any new patients! He will be retired by the time they get in… I am most likely looking at PT, a butt ton of tests on my joints, mainly shoulders , knees hands, wrists and one hip… it sounds horrid, I’m not 80- no, just mid 40s… ? but I need these tests done before I go to PT so that this time PT doesn’t put me in the ER! More blood work… and that’s going to be a picnic! (Insert sarcasm here)

So, I have not been able to get out and exercise. I feel defeated! I have walked my usual (a lot for people here with cars but my base line because I don’t have a car) I couldn’t eat too well because I just couldn’t. My stomach has been really off… it seems I’ve lost some weight. I was shocked when I got on the scale because the way I look says otherwise… I kept myself off the scale for several weeks because I can get into trouble with it. I’m eating soup this week, drinking green tea, and just keeping on going.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Hahaha great socks! My husband says that about each other because I’ve got the depression and he’s got tourettes.

I actually saw a new therapist on Monday, and I quite like her much better than my old one. All of my previous therapists just want to address all my root traumas from my childhood rather than giving me coping mechanisms to help with the present day. This therapist was much different. She guess a lot of my root traumas in the first half hour and then we addressed a specific one and saw how it relates to me presently, and then she gave me some things to work with over the week. It was really good.

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 596 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.