Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE BB Health/Fitness – Weekly Check-In Thread

This topic contains 595sd replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Ellie from The Netherlands 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 596 total)
  • Author

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Muj, I hope you’re feeling better xx

I don’t think this week should count. It’s been too hectic ?

Azerane

Tony’s Mum I agree, this week should not count

After my first week where I did awesome (and I really probably overdid it), I think I’ve compensated in the opposite direction in regard to what I’ve been eating. So I haven’t lost any weight since originally losing a bunch in the first week. It’s my own fault really.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I really need to get back on this thread and post more!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

So.it turns out even though I ate lots of junk I actually lost a pound. I think that’s probably because I also skipped a few meals due to exhaustion/being busy which isn’t great. This week is off to a much better start! Got in a good workout today and I’m pretty organised food wise, so no excuse for late night pizza orders

LBJ10

So… they are having a fitness challenge at my gym. Note: I haven’t been to the gym for awhile, I got an email about it. You have to pay to participate in the program, which is on top of the membership I’m already stuck paying. They do an assessment and provide training and nutritional support. I’m tempted to sign up for the 1x per week (least expensive) option. I’m just afraid because I have had bad experiences in the past. :\

Taloan7
    Participant

For me having a specific goal, like a challenge or race or competition or whatever really makes a difference. You should do it!

I want to jump in on this thread! I went to the beginning and read some and went to the end and read more posts, so I hope I’m not missing some sort of weight loss post etiquette.

Currently I am 5’6″ and 159lbs I had a baby almost 4 months ago (my 3rd) and I had to gain almost 10lbs to get pregnant and I gained 40lbs during pregnancy! I had to gain weight because I had been training for a marathon and still breastfeeding my second and my body just said “nope, you don’t have enough surplus to get pregnant again.” Anyway, my point is that I gained a lot more weight than I would have liked.

I’ve already lost 30 lbs and I’m making good, steady, if not super fast, progress. I am a very active person, really into weightlifting and running, so I have no trouble with that part of things. I’m hitting the gym hard 3 times a week. Eating wise I’m doing quite well – I’m a vegetarian and have a plant based diet. Basically I just need to stick with what I’m doing and I’ll be good. I just need to stick with it haha, and I really like baking and cooking and making candy which is not helpful – especially when you have little kids always begging you to make treats. So hopefully chatting with you all can help keep me on track!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Thirty pounds is fantastic!

Hazel
    Participant

LBJ: Go for it! 

Taloan: 30lbs! Awesome!

I’m slowly inching my way towards 20lbs of weight loss, I’m down to 166lbs now.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I have a feeling I’ve gained weight this week ?

LBJ10

I think I might give it a try. It might be tricky for the first scheduled week though since I have other things already going on.

Tony’s Mum – I’m sure it isn’t as bad as you think.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Doctor cleared my back for lifting again, so I switched gyms a few weeks ago and got back into lifting. I only had to take a month off, so it wasn’t too bad. But now I have to walk 40 minutes to work and 40 minutes back to my husband’s job to go home. So I guess I’m “working out” for a good 2 hours almost. 80 minutes for the walking and another 30 on the weights. I’ve also tweaked my diet a bit. I have severe depression and migraines and my doctor was very adamant that I do a vegan diet to lose weight and help with the migraines and depression. It helped with the migraines just fine, but I gained about 15 pounds. So I decided to eat mostly protein and fats with a bit of carbs (nothing as extreme as keto) and I’ve lost that 15 and hopefully can get down to my pre-medicine weight of 115 again. So I got another 15 to go!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I’m going to be super stict on exercise this week. I need to sleep better too and it always helps!

TheDuchess
    Participant

I’m down about 50lbs total since May. When I started, I knew I wanted to lose at least 70..so I’m getting close! Honestly I think I could do a lot better if I could cut out the alcohol XD I’ve been pretty great with food and I workout 5x a week (MOST weeks, some weeks I have to give myself a day off to rest). But those darn post-work, pre-bed beers….

A&B I will hold you personally accountable for any weight gain between Oct 3rd and 7th

Tony's Mum
    Participant

I didn’t gain any weight this week! I didn’t lose any either but I didn’t expect to. I’m feeling pretty determined now so that’s good. Had an event at work yesterday and we had a photographer taking pictures and I hate how I look in ALL of them.

TheDuchess
    Participant

Hey, at least no gains! I totally get you on the picture aspect….

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

The Duchess: We can blame each other if we gain weight… or the boys

Tony’s Mom: I think every woman’s fear is having her picture taken. We’ve all got those insecurities. It’s good that you’re feeling determined though! Keep it up!

LBJ10

Well… we certainly have a problem. It’s going to be in the 50s tomorrow. I thought perhaps it was time to break out the jeans. Yeah… none of my jeans fit.

So… I signed up for the fitness challenge at the gym. I can’t start until next week though. They offer some nutritional support as well, but I’m not sure how well I’m going to be able to follow the suggested diet. I love pasta WAY too much.

Tony's Mum
    Participant

LBJ; I have a similar problem. I pulled out all my winter clothes and it seems I need to go shopping…

Azerane

I went to put on my nice pair of black pants a couple of weeks ago, couldn’t do them up. Never had that problem before. Bit of a wake up call, lol.

Taloan7
    Participant

This baby was my last and I look forward to the day when I can just have one wardrobe. I’ve gotten rid of all my maternity clothes and all my “just had a baby clothes”. I have three more wardrobes left, my “getting back in shape wardrobe” some of which is starting to be too big, then my normal pre pregnancy wardrobe, then my “optimistic smallest adult size” wardrobe. It’s absurd. I just keep telling myself my body is in transition haha. This is not a permanent state.

Hazel
    Participant

Posted By Tony’s Mum on 9/28/2018 3:03 AM

LBJ; I have a similar problem. I pulled out all my winter clothes and it seems I need to go shopping…

Don’t you hate it when you just HAVE to go shopping… 

Down another pound, clocking in at 165.

LBJ10

Hazel – Only if it is because the clothes are too big…

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 9/29/2018 2:57 PM
    Hazel – Only if it is because the clothes are too big…

Exactly, and that is definitely not the case ?

Hazel
    Participant

I know… but the bright side is, you get to buy some new stuff! Don’t get discouraged though, you guys can push through!

LBJ, do you know what kind of exercise they’ll have you do? Or are you just supposed to do your own thing? Please keep us updated when you get started, would love to hear how it turns out!

LBJ10

Hazel – I don’t know yet, but I can let you know. I signed up for once per week. So it’s a small group fitness class with one of the personal trainers that I will go to. Of course, I will need to go to the gym on other days to work out on my own. They also recommend the PFC diet, so they are encouraging people to follow it during the challenge.

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 596 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.