Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forum THE LOUNGE BB Health/Fitness – Weekly Check-In Thread

Viewing 595 reply threads
  • Author
    • LBJ10
      14032 posts Send Private Message

Okay, name says it all. We are all checking in with each other WEEKLY. No more excuses. 

• LBJ10

Monday, October 10th…

Me: I weighed myself. Oh dear God!!! I tipped the scale at 182lbs. I’m 5’9″ tall, so it sort of spreads out… but wow. I used to weigh a respectable 155lbs, but this was probably 5 or 6 years ago. I think most of the weight was gained after I started working at my current job.

For exercise, I did do some brisk walking and the elliptical over the weekend. I can’t say I ate all that well though. I wanted to go for a walk today, but it was pouring rain so that didn’t happen. I will keep track of everything I do this week for the next check-in.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts Send Private Message

Aww Crud…. I KNOW I’ve gained weight over the last week (I’ve been too scared to check though) with all the cake and ice cream and fast food…I’m going to start tomorrow (and cry when I weigh myself), and I’m going to check in EVERY day. And If I am not doing a sufficient job at exercising and eating healthy, I want you guys to really guilt me and scold me lol. I’ll post my goals here, but I’m going to let you all know in advance, that my birthday is going to be a cheat day lol!

GOALS:
      Drink minimum of 8 cups water a day, AND NO SODA OR SUGARY DRINKS EVER AGAIN!
      More clean eating, planned out meals, no impulse snacking…
      Run 3 miles at least a few times a week (The 5k is December 3rd, and the there’s a parade afterwards (that you walk to) so that will be at least 5 miles total) I need to get myself and the dogs ready!!
      Do a variety of exercises daily…
      That’s all I can think of for now, lol.

• Azerane
      4402 posts Send Private Message

I lost 6 kg this year so I’m not overweight, but I’d like to tone my belly up. So for me, daily sit-ups. Minimum of 10 per day (I’ve no idea if that’s a good number). I’m weighing at 70.7kg and I wanted to keep it below 70kg (I did get to 68.5kg), so I guess I need to be a bit better with my snacks.

• Q8bunny
      Participant
      6329 posts Send Private Message

These are great for toning tums (when they become easy, she also has intermediate and advanced versions):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkdc-ce79T8

I’m going to weigh in on Friday since that’s my usual day and check in. My goal is to drop a few and then stay steady – my insane work hours have me constantly yoyoing up a few, down a few. Also the weather’s getting nice and I’d like to do a fun exercise every weekend.

• Theodorusrex
      Participant
      335 posts Send Private Message

Love this idea!
      I will be weighing in every Wednesday/Thursday depending on my schedule (I plan to start slimming world again on thursday D: )
      I lost 3 stone through SW a couple of years ago but sadly most of it is back on. I blame my PhD and getting married earlier this year, resulting in 2 weeks in the USA where food portions are massive and then some bad eating while moving house etc etc.
      I’ve started doing yoga every Thursday but also want to get some cardio in at least once a week so need to find a good gym near my new home.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Surprisingly I didn’t gain any weight. What’s up with that lol?
      Okay, week 1 check in:
      Height: 5’4” and 3/4”
      Weight 130.0 (my starting weight was 155.5, so I’m pretty happy about losing 25 pounds)

I am however trying to build muscle, so I do expect my weight to go up a little bit as I start to gain muscle (muscle weighs more than fat). We’ll see.

I believe in everybody here, we’ve got this guys!

• JPetrucci84
      Participant
      256 posts Send Private Message

Weighed in today at 225 lbs! In December, I was 252. Theoretically I should be able to hit 200 lbs by the first of next year. That’s granted my fat weight isn’t made up for in too much (not that it’s a bad thing) muscle mass.

• Reesebun
      Participant
      1026 posts Send Private Message

II weigh 107.2 lbs, so i’m good. If I am, does that mean I don’t need to participate in the weekly check-in?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Ok. Friday morning. Haven’t shrunk in the wash (still 5’7″ish) and 125.7lbs. Goal’s to get down to 120 now that winter’s here and I can be outside again.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant
      4482 posts Send Private Message

Does this mean I have to get out of my bed and weigh myself?
      I love this thread-I need accountability. I always weigh in the morning for consistency, i’ll let you guys know Eek!

• LBJ10

Yep LEL, we’re going to hold each other accountable.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ve done terrible this week… My “official weigh in” isn’t until Tuesday though…I have tomorrow to turn myself around…lol!

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

At least you didn’t forget completely Mox….like someone I know….. (ME!)

• Reesebun
      Participant

Q8, you are 5 foot 7? Wow, I’m taller than you!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Most people are. I’m actually just shy of 5’7″

• LBJ10

Well, I didn’t do very well. Weighed myself, still 182. I was trying my best to exercise, but clearly that didn’t do anything.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Reesebun— LOL, I’m just under 5’5” (I’m like 5′ 4” 3/4”)

LBJ— I feel ya, this week has sucked for me too.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant
      5317 posts Send Private Message

LBJ – please don’t be disheartened !!

Your lungs will thank you. Your muscles will thank you. Your blood sugar will thank you !!
      And you will be releasing those endorphins making the world seem a better place and ready to conquer !!

So many things are more important than weight – and if you keep it up for all these other reasons too, then the weight will come off, in time ( if in parallel you stop the sodas in the afternoon / eve / completely… ).

• BubblesJo
      Participant
      458 posts Send Private Message

Guys, no making fun of short people… I’m 5’2″ which is a perfectly acceptable Portuguese size!

I walked 15km this Saturday and then couldn’t move yesterday. Lovely!

• Reesebun
      Participant

My mom is 5 foot 2 also

• Q8bunny
      Participant

125.3lbs this morning. Didn’t lose much, but then again, haven’t really been thinking about it either what with this plague and all.

• Azerane

I was probably doing well, because last week I had food poisoning so that definitely had to help the weight loss Then tonight a friend messaged me out of the blue to catch up nearby. A trio of dips, cheese platter and garlic bread later… here I am. Will weigh tomorrow morning

• Muchelle
      Participant
      1124 posts Send Private Message

Eh, I guess I’ll take part to this too. Can’t go to the gym cause of an injury + scheduled surgery combo and put back on some weight =.=
      Maybe I’ll be more motivated doing it with other people

• Q8bunny
      Participant

At least you have an excuse. I just don’t go to the gym on principle.
      I love outdoorsy things like walking/hiking, SUPing, sailing, swimming, scuba diving. I would enjoy biking if the seat didn’t always hurt my bum. lol Yoga’s nice, as is dancing. But get me near a gym or some official form of exercise, and I’m instantly filled with loathing and sloth.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Here I am. Just checking in….

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Vienna— LOLOLOLOL. x’D

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

So I’ve been exercising a bit, but the weather has been so terrible (cold and rainy!), that I haven’t been able to jog/run. uhg. >.<

• Muchelle
      Participant

I love to walk, usually that’s what I do all the time, but since I finished my internship (that was a good 10kms every day to walk) and the weather is horrible I had to sign up to the gym. It’s not bad, there’s a trainer that went through an eating disorder and major depression so she understands my messed up brain Only downer is that I hate to look at myself in all the gym mirrors. I also don’t like people that stare (damn, I’m not THAT fat!!), but I guess you can’t have it all xD

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Muchelle – they’re probably staring at you out of envy ….
      Just imagine them in the nude – that should bring a smile (or wince) to your face and they’ll wonder what the private joke is !!

• Muchelle
      Participant

It’s usually either the 13-16 year old skinny girls – dressed and with make up not suitable to their age, sigh- that stare or the 50+ super tanned super trendy ladies that apparently can’t take the sight of overweight. I don’t know why an older lady should care (but probably they have some problems of their own.. the things I see in the changing rooms, ugh), but to take down from their high horse the young ones I just go use whatever machine they’re using, load on 45-50kgs and do my thing. It usually makes them self-conscious about the 10kgs they have huffed and puffed to lift.

I really don’t know what’s wrong with gym people. Btw I got great gym stories if anyone ever needs to laugh some.

• LBJ10

I don’t like going to the gym. I’m too self-conscious. =\

I used to walk outside, in the woods, every single day. It was for my job. I miss it.

Anyway, I haven’t been doing super great this week. I keep thinking, OK I’m going to do good today. Then my husband calls me and wants to go to lunch.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Same husband who makes squirrely weight comments or different one?
      No, seriously, and that’s fine – go to lunch. But then simply choose something “simple” off the menu. Ask for modifications if you see a “clean” dish that comes drowned in melted cheese or something. I’m certain you’ll feel less like you blew the day – especially if the rest of the day you’ve been mindful about your food, which you SHOULD give yourself credit for. I think we could all benefit from celebrating our small successes more and beating ourselves up for our slip ups less. *hug*

• LBJ10

Sadly, the same one Q8. Seems ironic, huh?

Today – Had salmon and rice for lunch and a taco salad for dinner. The taco salad was because I got home late and it was just easier to grab something from somewhere. It’s a salad, but it’s over 700 calorie. o_O So I don’t feel like I did well today.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

But even so – think of all the nutrients and fiber and protein you packed in. Think healthy poops like the bunnies

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 10/21/2016 11:16 PM

I think we could all benefit from celebrating our small successes more and beating ourselves up for our slip ups less. *hug*

HEAR HEAR !!!   HEAR HEAR !!!    HEAR HEAR !!!    HEAR HEAR !!!    HEAR HEAR !!!    HEAR HEAR !!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I did terrible yesterday (we had coconut crunch doughnuts and basil Alfredo sauce pasta… gahhhhh), but I am determined to get back on track.

Even though it’s raining pretty hard, I went out to run. It started out as a run…turned into a walk….turned into a jog….turned into a walk…then turned back into a run. I got 1 and 3/4 mile. I’m going back out later for the other 1 1/4 mile, to make it 3.
      I skipped breakfast (I was still full and slightly nauseous from pasta and doughnuts >.<). It's lunch time, and I'm eating a banana, some grapes, and a slice of cheese. I haven't decided what I'm doing for dinner, something light I'm sure,
      on top of finishing running later, I’m going to do some other exercises, I just need to decide what…

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Checking in!
      128.8 pounds

• LBJ10

I weighed myself yesterday, but forgot to post. I’m still 182.5. No change. =\

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Do you drink plenty of water or could you up that to help with satiety? I noshed on an obscene amount of rice and veg curry last night… stressful day led to comfort eating and a movie with the bun. (Scottish Mussel – a B rom-com, but amusing enough).

• LBJ10

Q8 – Probably not as much as I should. I have a problem with drinking “too much” water. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. I tend to have less of a problem in the summer when it’s hot outside.

I don’t know. I have been trying to cut down on what I eat, but I just keep failing for one reason or another. I know people say not to beat yourself up for slipping up, but I slip up every single day! So much so, that you can pretty much say I’m not on a diet at all.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

It might help to think about the fact that “diet” simply means what we eat. So while it may not be a slimming diet yet, you’re technically on a diet every day, champ!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

125.5lbs this morning – with Chewie sitting on my feet.

• LBJ10

That’s good Q8!

Yeah, I had a slice of pizza for lunch yesterday. Today was a burger and fries. I did have a sandwich for dinner last night though. But tonight I had a taco salad. =\

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Just on the day, say no to a pizza or burger “just today”, but eat normally again tomorrow…. that will then halve the rubbish stuff per week…
      If you think “no I can’t ever have it again”, then of course that makes you want it even more…
      but if it’s just no to one day (like you don’t have the time, or the loose change to pay for it)… the rest will follow.

I know what you mean re too much water…. but how about flavoured water or a tea infusions, raspberry, forest fruits (personally for me Yuck, though I have found a lemon one which is actually scrummy and drinkable….) – or carbonated water, that’s scrummy.

Don’t beat yourself up – stop pizza/burger one day per week and walk twice as much…. you’ll feel better. “YES YOU CAN” !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

126.9 this morning. Indian for lunch today. Yum!

• LBJ10

Oh crap, I didn’t check in this week.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Here i am, just checking in again…

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

I’m 138lbs and 5’7-8″.
      Goals:
      -Leave the extra Halloween candy alone
      -Drink more water (I generally do pretty well with this, at work I usually end up drinking atleast 64oz)
      -Work on having several smaller healthy meals throughout the day as opposed to one big healthy meal and lot of candy later when I’m hungry

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Doh! I forgot exercise! I want to try running more often.

• LBJ10

We went for a nice walk yesterday, the first time all week…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

You’re a hero, LEL. I can’t stomach precipitated locomotion
      PS One of my students last year ran marathons – and won! I was in total awe

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I really just need to tone up and build more muscle now…And throw out all the candy.
      The thing is, I hate exercises that “hurt” even thought the burning means that they are working.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

*tsk tsk*
      How are you all doing?

• LBJ10

I realized today that I don’t fit into my black dress pants. They weren’t buttoned all day while I was at my 2nd job…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Ooops… I think I forgot to post Friday morning…

• Faye+Nutmeg
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit Nutmeg is really sick.

She’s in bunny ICU after eating chocolate this morning. I’m so worried and distraught about this. The vet kept talking about the possibility of cardiac arrest. The vet bills are crazy as well, going to be more than my paycheck. Just to consult with animal poison control and check her in for treatment at the ER was almost $1000. Really hoping to hear good news from the vets. I brought her in at 5:30am and haven’t heard anything yet. I feel like a bad rabbit mom because I didn’t realize she could get on my desk and reach the chocolate (and it was fancy Mexican chocolate with chili pepper in it too. Not good!). Nutmeg is very inquisitive and adventurous and has continued to explore further and literally reach new heights since I adopted her earlier this fall. I need moral support. I know it isn’t my fault, but I feel terrible for leaving the chocolate on my desk. The ER vet said this was the first rabbit he’d seen come in for eating chocolate. ???

• Deleted User
      Participant
      17456 posts Send Private Message

Hello, my names Laura, and i’m a fatty… ha ha

I’m crap at eating good (currently have a half eaten bag of Maltesers on my desk) – The desk which I sit at for 8 hours a day & drink maybe 5 cups of coffee in that time.

Height: 5ft 5inch
      Weight: 13st 12lbs (194lbs)

I have always been around 11.5 stone until I got poorly in Christmas 2013, I was diagnosed with Gallstones and had my Gallbladder removed, since then I put weight on and I cannot shift in in the way I always have before (drink more water, eat less, go for a walk more often). this 2.5 stone is really getting me down, its changed my whole out look on life, I have no self confidence and feel rubbish about myself.
      Because of this, I feel like ill never look good again so what’s the point going to the gym? I really struggle with exercise, I don’t enjoy it in the slightest so motivating myself to go just doesn’t happen. My bf joined a 24 hour gym in town and I can go for the first month for free to see if I like it. The thought of going fills me with dread but I know I need too. Haven’t even got any gym clothes (that’s todays excuse for not going, i’ll think of another tomorrow)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

currently have a half eaten bag of Maltesers on my desk)

If it were me, the bag would be EMPTY !!!

Gyms are… well gyms…. I’m much more for the out for a walk, get on a bike, run up the stairs kinda exercise. Don’t get on the escalator. park your car further away in the carpaark. Don’t jump in the car to go and get a paper (or your packet of Maltesers!! ) – walk briskly to the shops. All this WILL help.
      And stop eating sugar after 7pm ! 6pm would be better, 8pm is the limit

It’s going to be a hard couple of months, it’s dark and cold out and Christmas is approaching. So don’t go overboard but dont be hard on yourself if you don’t get any wieght off. And tell bf you need to hear that he luuurves you as you are….

• LBJ10

Okay, checking in for the week.

I was going through the winter clothes and brought up a bunch of pairs of jeans to try. Surely something will fit. Um… no. Not a single pair. There are 4 pairs I had been wearing recently, 2 fit ok and 2 are marginal. When I brought all of these jeans upstairs, that brought the total to 12 pairs. Yep, 12 pairs of jeans, only 4 fit. Some of the ones that didn’t fit, I couldn’t even get them past my hips! Keep in mind, I wasn’t that long ago since I wore a lot of these. Most of them, it was last winter. Yep, if that doesn’t tell you something, then I guess nothing will.

And so it continues. I desperately want to change my ways and lose some weight. Each day I start out with the best intentions and by lunchtime I’m failing miserably. *sigh* This all seems so hopeless.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Keep going LBJ-I’ve been working at it for several months and have just now gotten into my groove.
      I’ve eaten vegan for the past week, just to see if I could do it. I’ve also tried to cut out as much gluten, oil, and refined sugar as possible. It hasn’t been as difficult as anticipated, I am naturally drawn to fruit and veg, but the protein struggle is always there. Have lost 4 pounds in the last 2-3 weeks. I’ve begun doing a 7 minute workout most days (often the only time I have) from the MyPlate app (also a good food tracking app). Still need to work on drinking more water.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

You eat so healthy LEL

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’m still hovering around 130. I really just want to to get more fit. Being able to do one chin up or a couple push ups would be nice

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I forgot again!
      Last Friday was 124.6

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’ve been eating a lot of canned chicken noodle soup this week due to financial constraints (my wages are late… stoopid accountant).

I find that meal prepping helps me avoid major setbacks – like buying healthy frozen dinners when on sale for times when I’m too hungry to wait for food to cook. Or single-serving snack-sized pretzels and cuppa soups. Or making little baggie with cut up veg and having a reused tiny honey jar of yogurt&fresh herbs as dip. When I cook a big pot of something, I fill up all the one-serving tuppawares I have and pop in the freezer, and then eat the rest over a few days…

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Our fridge/freezer broke (right before Thanksgiving lol, perfect timing), so were are pretty much shopping day-to-day, or eating stuff that doesn’t need to be refrigerated (like pasta). UHG, it’s so unhealthy lol

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Think of it as an opportunity to eat so HEALTHY. Fresh food prepared and consumed daily.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Al dente pasta is better for you than soft and overcooked pasta. It has less sugars (apparently) and so you benefit more rather than putting weight on. Look at the italian divas and handsome guys out there, and they eat pasta nearly every day…..

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I am not looking forward (well I am lol) to all the good (and very fattening) food tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

123.5 this morning

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Geez. I don’t even want to talk about today…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Talk about tomorrow then LEL ….

(Come on, treat yourselves, it’s once a year….. well twice if you count Christmas too….. lol)

• LBJ10

I’ve even nothing but junk all weekend and it isn’t going to end yet. I have to work every day and you just have to go buy something if you want something to eat. And you have to eat it in 10 minutes flat. o_O

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

I went to a tamale making party today. I think it’s best if we don’t talk about today as well.

• Bam
      14059 posts Send Private Message

I failed grotesquely at health-fitness today: I’d booked myself into a 2,5 hour spin class, but when I came to the gym, I realized I’d taken the wrong bag. Not the gymbag with shoes and everything, but my other backpack. It was because Bam was showing an interest in it just when I was about to leave so I thought it best to move it out of his way – instead I brought it with me to the gym =(

I went and bought a huge bouquet of parsley and some cilantro and mint for the little bag-chewer instead. And a Hokkaido-pumpkin for myself.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

All’s well that ends well… for the bunny.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ – could you not prepare sandwiches to take with you then you wouldn’t be tempted by other nasty scrummy nasty, no scrummy, NO nasty stuff?

• LBJ10

Vienna, I was afraid to. They have a lot of temp workers they picked up off the street for the busy shopping weekend and they like to eat people’s food…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Out of your bag !??

• LBJ10

Vienna – Yes, of course. It happens all the time.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Padlock LBJ ?

Some extra kilos have snuck up on me so I will start a healthy (ier!) eating regime until Christmas. I’m eating far too much rubbish.

(That is, immediately after I’ve finished the chocolate bars in the cupboard… Dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate, but I guess eating whole bars (and in the evening!! Do I NOT listen to myself saying this is what one should NOT do to you guys??!!! ) at a time is not included in the equation…..! )

My extra kilos go directly on my top thighs, at the sides. Nowhere else really, so it makes me look like I’m a female tennis player having left a tennis ball up each side under my knickers.! Not pretty..

• LBJ10

A lock on the whole fridge? LOL Hmm, I could put food in the safe, but that might be frowned upon.

You know, Vienna, that chocolate had absolutely nothing to do with your tennis balls.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ – I meant your bag or desk… I didn’t know you shared a fridge !
      It sounds like an episode of Friends again !!! Ross with his missing sandwich!

Could you take it in a little thermos bag… nice and cool so you don’t have to put it in the fridge…?
      or hot soup in a thermos and take some wholemeal bread to dip in…

Anything non fridgey ? There are lots of possibilities… (if one wants them… )

No, the tennis balls are the result of eating “family packet” crisps/chips, sour cream and cheese are sooooooo yummy….

• LBJ10

Yeah, there is no food allowed on the selling floor. I can eat at my desk at my regular job though. But there isn’t a food thief problem there.

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

Ok, so this isn’t necessarily “fitness,” but has anyone else here heard of overnight oats? They’re my new obsession! They’re so quick to throw together and then just eat in the morning.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I refuse to even look at my weight currently. What you don’t know can’t hurt ya right?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Cinny! Yes! Love them! Blueberry and banana with a dash of clove is my fave combo

• cinnybun2015
      Participant
      570 posts Send Private Message

Ooh I’ll have to try that sometime Q8! I usually add in lots of cinnamon (with maple syrup/1 tsp of brown sugar. I have a tiny bit of a sweet tooth, haha.)

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Let the nanas ripen well to indulge that tooth of yours

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Guys, I had to look all the way back on page 2 to find this thread. *tisk* *tisk*

I haven’t lost anymore weight. I haven’t really gained any back though, so that’s good I guess. I feel like I should have more sense of accomplishment. I’ve lost 30 pounds since my heaviest weight. I still have a ways to go, but I am better off than I was 8 months ago. But I don’t really feel “accomplished” yet if that makes sense. So yeah….

For Christmas I have asked for a gym membership, and a few small at home equipment things for working out.

• LBJ10

Moxie!!! Where have you been? The reason this slipped onto page 2 is because you weren’t motivating us.

I’ve been trying to cut down on what I’m eating. Some days have been OK, but others have not. =\ I did order some long pants for exercising in. I just had a pair of capri leggings before.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

121.3 yesterday morning… dropping a bit too low but I’ve been running around without eating

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Q8 be careful now… Me? I’m the complete opposite…. eating lots without running around

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

I’m about 216 (Down from 256 this time last year), and I’m doing well. HOWEVER, this season may be the most dangerous for me. Colder weather means sleeping in a warm, comfortable bed, hot chocolate (or coffee), and EGG NOG. I bought a half gallon of Egg Nog and it was probably consumed too quickly..I love it, though..

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

The holiday season is definitely a hard season to get through. All the cookies, cakes, pies, eggnog, hot chocolate, biscuits (a type of delicious bread is the only way I can think to describe it for you brittish people or other people who know biscuits as cookies )and other (delicious) fattening food.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

A real motivator though, is that we are measured for our dance costumes back in September/October. That means that we have to get past Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter before we actually need to use the costumes for recital though. So if you gain any weight between measuring time and recital time, it’s a problem ha ha.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

What piece are you guys doing, Moxie?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Q8– I’m not in any of the ballet numbers this year (I was just too busy to do all the classes ha ha) but I’m in this cool Tap number (Jailhouse rock by Elvis Presley), we have jail bars and black and white costumes, and the number itself is really cool. And then I’m doing a street jazz routine (Heathens by Twenty One Pilots), and that one looks really cool too ha ha.

• Azerane

I must say, I do love those american biscuits… so good. I can’t think of anything that’s quite like it here, because they’re not overly bready.

Haven’t weighed myself in a while, but boy have I been getting in a lot of exercise at work.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Nice, Moxie!

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

The weight is still dropping!

• LBJ10

Yay!!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

That’s awesome!

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

I’m down to 205 now, but I guess I had a little help from the flu. I hardly ate for about five days after being violently ill. Today would’ve been DAY 6 of something really bad. I initially thought it was food poisoning, but when it persisted, I started rethinking my symptoms. I would NOT wish that bug on ANYONE. It was kind of nice to stay home and lay in bed, whenever I was able to…

• LBJ10

Oh my, nobody wants a flu diet.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Yeek JP. Hope you are doing better now. I had a bit of what you had after Christmas dinner and would not recommend it either. :/
      Hope the holiday goodies didn’t get the best of you all, I know they did for me.

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

Thanks! I started feeling ill one day after making dinner, and it just got worse from there. I ended up taking a day off of work (darn) to recuperate. Sadly there were no goodies for me until AFTER most of this had passed. I finally get to make another good home cooked meal and get back to work.

• LBJ10

New year, new start! At least I hope so anyway! LOL

We’re going to Hawaii in 2 months, so I need to shape up. I did go on the elliptical for about 25 minutes this morning. I’m also going to simply try to eat less. If I’m eating something, I need to cut it in half and save the rest for later. Do you think that will help?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hawaii! That’s so exciting!

I imagine that halving portions will make a big difference With a motivator like the lovely 5-0, who wouldn’t be excited to diet?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Hawa-i-i….. cooooooool. Absolutely cutting portions in two will help and also smaller plates. Yes yes its true.

I am sooooooo cutting down on the sugar in jan and upping the activity….. (ive just downed the box of chocs in one go so i can start cutting out sugar tomorrow….. )

• Q8bunny
      Participant

My new year resolution, besides ‘to make a new year resolution’, was to reduce my carbon footprint. So I’m doing that by no longer buying food with palm oil etc in it or any meat that doesn’t come from a bird or a fish. Should be interesting…

I’m also going to try bulletproof coffee next week, since I’m not a big early morning breakfast in a rush person

• LBJ10

I only did half-good today. Lunch was a fail, but dinner was much better.

Yep, I’m gonna be chubby in Hawaii. My husband keeps grabbing at my tummy and asking me if I’m going to have it when he go. *sigh* He’s really mean.

Q8 – Oh, that’s going to be hard. They put palm oil in a lot of things.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I know But I eat pretty clean most of the time so I just have to be careful when I grocery shop for the odd processed item…
      A friend of mine visited Indonesia and sent me a video taken during a helitour – the deforestation by palm companies there is grotesque

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I got a gym membership for Christmas, and a pull up bar. I am looking forward to going as often as I can. Today will be the 3rd time. I still can’t do a pull up though on the bar! But that’s on my new years resolution, to at least be able to do one
      The last couple of weeks have been really bad. All the sweets and junk food. And my little sister’s birthday was yesterday (new years baby!), so of course we had cake, ice cream, pizza and soda. =/

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

You can do it Moxie! Work on your back and biceps and those will help you get your pull ups done!

I still try to hit the gym and now trying to incorporate a pre and post workout meal so I can feel better throughout my day.

• LBJ10

Wow Moxie, I sure hope that gym is close considering how much snow you have there!

• Deleted User
      Participant

Posted By AxGizmo on 11/15/2016 7:00 AM

Hello, my names Laura, and i’m a fatty… ha ha

I’m crap at eating good (currently have a half eaten bag of Maltesers on my desk) – The desk which I sit at for 8 hours a day & drink maybe 5 cups of coffee in that time.

Height: 5ft 5inch
      Weight: 13st 12lbs (194lbs)

I have always been around 11.5 stone until I got poorly in Christmas 2013, I was diagnosed with Gallstones and had my Gallbladder removed, since then I put weight on and I cannot shift in in the way I always have before (drink more water, eat less, go for a walk more often). this 2.5 stone is really getting me down, its changed my whole out look on life, I have no self confidence and feel rubbish about myself.
      Because of this, I feel like ill never look good again so what’s the point going to the gym? I really struggle with exercise, I don’t enjoy it in the slightest so motivating myself to go just doesn’t happen. My bf joined a 24 hour gym in town and I can go for the first month for free to see if I like it. The thought of going fills me with dread but I know I need too. Haven’t even got any gym clothes (that’s todays excuse for not going, i’ll think of another tomorrow)

Morning all,

I’m back for the first time since writing the above . New year new attempt at losing weight. Some how I have actually lost weight over Christmas… I now weight 13st 9lbs (191lbs)

Today I have brought a salad to work, I’ve added a little mayo (and I mean a little) which I intend to lessen and lessen as I continue to eat salads (going from food I love to food I hate instantly is never going to work for me, I need to do it gradually haha)
      Start at the Gym tomorrow – forgot my clothes today with having to bring packed lunch, breakfast milkshake, work laptop and my handbag too (I usually only have to pick up my handbag and run out the door)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

New Year. New opportunites. New outlook on life.

If you feel good inside, you look good from the outside! Whatever you weigh.
      Think of all the larger than life happy people on our screens..
      And all the unhappy skinny people.

So yes, let’s all go for longer walks (Effie! Walker! Snickkkkkers!) and do a few weeks at the gym (LOL) and eat better.. but we need to look ourselves in the mirror each morning and say out loud to the gorgeous person looking back at us (LOL), “I’m alright. You know I’m pretty amazing! I AM the best I can be…. or I’m going to try to be…”

Say that every day out loud to the mirror, believe it yourself (don’t mind partners’ snide remarks) and the rest WILL follow… or your money back !!

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

Hahah that’s mean of your husband bahah.

LBJ think of your lunch as a “splurge” day. We’re definitely allowed to have a fun meal sometime throughout the week, that way we aren’t that much more prone to relapse lol. So don’t sweat too much that you had a lunch “fail”. 

• Azerane

I magically managed to keep my weight steady over Christmas. Probably due to long hours at work, and lots of swimming at my brother’s on new years. Work and cleaning up after the pets keeps me pretty active

• Deleted User
      Participant

Time for a weigh in I suppose!
      We went out for Carvery last night, oops!

Will be back later with updated weight

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’m still struggling with the early mornings… will wait until Friday

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m still struggling with January… will wait until February  

I’m serious!! In France we eat tons of Frangipane tarts on and around Jan 6th, epiphany. (Either frangipane – yum or Apple – yum)

They are called Galette des Rois (Kings tart) and there is a tiny china treasure in each tart, and the one who gets it in their slice, gets to wear the golden crown (sold with the tart) and choose their King/Queen.

Needless to say – exceedigly calorific indeed !! 

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I haven’t been doing that good lately… lol But I’m ready to kick it back into overdrive!

I’m not going to weigh myself for now, I’m just going to eat healthy and exercise until I feel good. I think that we as people (at least I do) put too much stress into the number on the scale…I’ve always though that the lower the number, the better, but if you’re really exercising and stuff, muscle weighs a lot (more than fat), so if you’re 120 and are still kind flabby, you may look better at 140 and be all toned and muscular, if that makes sense. Whenever I see the number go up, I tend to panic, so for now I’m not weighing myself. I just want to feel good.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Here’s what I’m talking about: http://www.bolde.com/woman-proves-weight-doesnt-matter/

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I do put stock on the number on the scale, but only because I know that for me, it’s always been an accurate indicator of how I’m doing I get what you’re saying though… a friend of mine recently switched to tape measurements only for that very reason

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I think that if you’re just dieting and not doing a lot of exercising, I think that scales are accurate, because you’re not gaining muscle, so if the number goes up or down it is most likely fat (or water retention).

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Of course we had my weakness for dinner—Chips and dip. I made nachos (potato chips, cheese and dip) and had that for supper…erhg. I had a salad for lunch though I did an hour of cardio at the gym, and then used some of their arm equipment today though… So I guess they cancel each other out

• LBJ10

I managed to workout yesterday and today. I’m sad though because the elliptical says 30 minutes is just over 300 calories. I don’t know how accurate that thing is. We just got the monitor working again since the power cord was broken from moving the elliptical around when we were doing work.

• JPetrucci84
      Participant

Yeah, Moxie I know what you’re sayin’.  This is the reason that I have tried to make a goal weight, but also have an idea of what body fat percentage I’d like to be at eventually.  Sure, I can lose 2 lbs a week safely, but what I lose in fat I may gain in lean muscle so it looks like I did nothing on a scale. I’d like to get weighed and get a bodyfat calculation done every month. That way I have actual results that can be measured instead of thinking “Well, looks like I didn’t gain any weight.” because the scale numbers haven’t moved in the right direction. 

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By MoxieMeadows on 1/13/2017 3:41 PM

Of course we had my weakness for dinner—Chips and dip. I made nachos (potato chips, cheese and dip) and had that for supper…erhg. I had a salad for lunch though I did an hour of cardio at the gym, and then used some of their arm equipment today though… So I guess they cancel each other out

I’ve never heard of potato chips being used for nachos. I have always used tortilla chips

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Tortilla chips are better at staying hard, so they’re what you’d ideally use. Potato chips you need to eat right away because the grease from the cheese can make them soggy…Still pretty good though.

• LBJ10

I ate SO much today. I felt so guilty that I tried to workout tonight. But I felt so full that it was starting to make me feel sick (too much bouncing). =\

• LBJ10

OMG, my anxiety level is through the roof. I’m gonna eat pizza. :/

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Picture Pizza De Hutt from Spaceballs!

• Reesebun
      Participant

I’ve seen Spaceballs before!  sorry I just had to comment that

I also know a way to get people to eat less fast food pizza! Get Pizza Hut (choose pizza hut because it has the worst pizza) and then stuff your face until you can’t eat any more you are so sick. Then you will never want to eat it again because it makes you feel sick every time you smell it or possibly even just when you think about it! Then you can just make your own pizza and it will taste sooo much better. That happened to me when I ate too many sesame sticks, and now that I just thought about it, I am instantly not hungry and feel queasy. But I don’t make my own sesame sticks because I hate them now. (This method works with any food I think, possibly not fruits though)

• LBJ10

LOL, oh my.

Well, I did have pizza. Luckily, there is a place nearby that sells pizza by the slice. So I have one piece, not a whole pizza! But you can see why this is so hard for me. I was so ridiculously anxious at work and it made me want to eat something that would make me “feel better”. But the feeling is always short lived…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Do you enjoy chicken noodle soup, LBJ? It’s a comfort food for me but it’s pretty guilt free

• LBJ10

No, I can’t eat liquid soups. They make me feel sick.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s too bad…

I missed Friday morning because I was in a marking frenzy, so I weighed today… 122

Last batch of essays is done and today I begin Semester 2 with a new set of kids, so I’m hoping that with lowered stress levels I’ll be able to focus a bit more on my eating/moving

This afternoon: ballet again

• LBJ10

Oh wow, ballet? I could never do that!

I weighed myself the other day. The scale said 178.

• LBJ10

Also, the reason I’m doing this:

Does it look bad? We’re going to Hawaii in March and I am SO not ready to wear of swimsuit. I bought this one a few years ago and never wore it. It’s a size 14, which fits like a 12 (US sizes). The brand is Esther Williams, which is sort of retro style swimwear.

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 1/21/2017 2:04 PM

No, I can’t eat liquid soups. They make me feel sick.

Try drinking warm (by warm, I mean right after it is done when it is still warm) homemade broth! it is sure to make you not feel sick and make you feel better. It calms you like drinking a fatty, savory tea. And did I mention, the marrow in the bones that you made the broth with is delicious and super good for you. It is kind of like eating a slimy slug. You can also buy roasted marrow bones at any good restaurant. You just scoop it out of the bone and put it on a cracker and eat it.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOVE that suit! So 40s (my fave fashion era)

Yep. Ballet. Did it (and taught it some) until 19, then got sidetracked by life and injuries, and now do it just for pleasure

• LBJ10

It’s a cute suit, I just feel fat in it! LOL

Reesebun – No I can’t “drink” any kind of hot liquid. I’m not sure why, it just makes me feel nauseous. This includes coffee, tea, hot cocoa, watery soups, etc. I can eat things like chili as long as it’s mostly solid stuff, very little liquid. Oh and I can’t stand soaked crackers either. It’s like instant gag reflex trying to eat it. I think maybe it’s because it reminds me of my mom’s meatloaf?

• Reesebun
      Participant

Meatloaf is da bomb! I loev it. Grammur issus

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Mmm… meatloaf

LBJ: have you tried chilled summer-type soups? Cucumber melon soup, gazpacho, vichisoise

• LBJ10

Nope, but if it contains vinegar, I can’t eat that either. Gazpacho has vinegar in it, I think.

• kaylyne28
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

Am I too late to the party to join in??

• LBJ10

Nope!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

OMG I love that swimsuit LBJ! It looks great on you!

• LBJ10

Thanks Moxie! I’m just hoping I can smooth out some of the bumps before we go…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

122…
      Was going to go to yoga in the park, but we have actual weather today – wind, clouds, waves, the works ?

• Deleted User
      Participant

So I started off the New year at 194lb’s, I was losing weight and got down to 189lb’s. then I had a heavy weekend (Italian meal out, takeaway with bf etc. – Treating myself because I had done so well…) and went back up to 191lb’s

So I’ve been working hard this week, been to the Gym Mon & Tues, then Zumba on Wed (that was tough) and I went to my friends gym last night which was brill, I worked harder than I do when I go to the free gym at work because i’ve got someone with me & we had a Jacuzzi afterwards – Bliss. I will weigh in again over the weekend, wish me luck  lol

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Good luck Ax !!!

LBJ – it looks GREAT on you – and honestly, everyone has a few bumps here and there…. I’m a thigh girl rather than a belly girl and i think I’d prefer to be the other way round…. but then no-one is happy !!! It’s the smile on the face that makes it whether the bumps are noticed or not…

And WHY did I think you had dark coloured hair….??? Must be your avatar !! LOL

• LBJ10

Vienna – I should have taken a picture of the back view. LOL

Why would i have dark hair?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ– I was gonna say the same thing. It’s because when you picture somebody you have never seen a picture of, you tend to picture them somehow associated with how you know them (if that makes sense). I tend to picture people look like the bunny in their avatar, you have dark buns, hence I always pictured you with dark hair as well.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Like 101 Dalmatians where hoomans resemble their doggies?

• LBJ10

You guys are so silly!

I weighed myself tonight. I’m back at you-know-what. *sigh*

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Vienna – I should have taken a picture of the back view. LOL

What LBJ, for your hair or extra bumps…? LOL

I tend to picture people look like the bunny in their avatar

Me too Moxie, that’s why I think Q8 is a platinum blond and you, my god, you Mox, your HAIR !!!!!!! LOL

I won’t even imagine what I think BM looks like with Bruno as her bunny !!!! !!!!!!! ROTFL !!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

LOL

I have been, but not lately.
      Now I’m a brunette, which Vienna should know since I have a pic of myself on BB.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I knoooooooow, I am allowed literary imagination – it was used as an example…. lol

As for L4B, I can imagine her having a Cruella de Vile haircolour !!! (black and white !!)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Ha ha, well my hair is pretty long (nearly butt length now!) and relatively thick. I have brown hair though, not black

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I tried a ‘STRONG! by zumba” class that lasted an hour…I thought it would be like regular Zumba, but it was really intense!! (I guess that’s a good thing though )

• LBJ10

Vienna – LOL, I should have taken a picture of my butt so you guys could see how bad it looks.

Hmm… I guess I never really think too much about potential hair colors of members.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ : It’s YOURS, IT’S GORGEOUS !!!

• LBJ10

Haha Vienna! You don’t know that! :p

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’m with Vienna on this one. We generally look worst in our own eyes. I lost count of how many beautiful friends I have who can’t stand something about themselves I’m afraid we will always be our own harshest critics… Plus standards of beauty are so fickle. Think about how the 90s were all about heroin chic, while the Renaissance worshipped the plump… in some countries thin is beautiful while to this day, in others, a soft and curvy woman is the pinnacle of desirability. Kind of like ‘it’s 5 o’clock somewhere’, you and your bum in that suit look great, I’m sure

• LBJ10

Yeah, well, tell that to someone I know.

And BTW, I just pigged a bunch of pasta for lunch. Only 5 weeks until we go to Hawaii.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s the spirit!

• LBJ10

LOL, unfortunately it has become an all too familiar pattern. I get upset about something and the impulse to eat bad things takes over. The problem is there are many more bad days than good, so I can’t really write them off as a “slip”.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Tell him, you are well aware of what needs to be done and even it you don’t do it, his words hurt you, so could he please stop the narky comments and be positive and supporting. I don’t mean to get personal, but i bet he doesnt look like Bruce Willis in Die Hard….. does he? (Ok, so there may just be a better example to use, but right now… can’t think of any…. lol)
      ((Hugs))

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oo oo oo….. Daniel Craig coming out of the water..!!!!…

• LBJ10

OMG! LOL

• Q8bunny
      Participant

ROTFL Chris Hemsworth surfing….

• LBJ10

Orlando Bloom. Yeah, he knew people saw him and he didn’t care!

• LBJ10

I had a pretty bad day today. You guys don’t want to know what I ate.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Er, yeah we do…. but it would be better if the post said “I was tempted but only ate half”…. or “I was tempted but said NO thanks – I’m off to cozzie wearing lands in a couple of weeks !!!!” D

and then we’d be chanting YAY YAY LBJ !! Like cheerleader girls…. (cuz it rhymes !! )

• Q8bunny
      Participant

With pompoms

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

And nipple tassels…….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Woohoo!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I (we!) would chant ! ” YAY! YAY! LBJ! WOO HOO !! ” (and shimmer !)

• LBJ10

Nipple tassels?! Oh dear!

I wish I had you guys yelling that at me, like all day. LOL Seriously though, I need help. I get so stressed out about things and when I’m stressed or upset I turn to food.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Go see “Nocturnal Animals” and see the very naked, curved, obese woman dancing to the camera in the first 10 mins of the film (in slo mo ! ) and see how they look happy and are enjoying life and trust me, you’ll think better about yourself afterwards.. They are fab !!

Yes nipple tassels, shimmying & dancing the twist with rabbits…. get that image out of your head now !!!! rotfl

• LBJ10

OMG VIENNA!!!

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By LBJ10 on 1/30/2017 1:56 PM

I get so stressed out about things and when I’m stressed or upset I turn to food.

All I do is just ignore everything that makes me stressed or unhappy and my life is so much better! Just block it out of your mind and don’t even care about things that make you stressed (But still do your work and stuff, just block out the stress part). Or make the stressful things fun by plotting the termination of existence of the people who stress you out in your head while you do them. I’ve never actually done that last part, but sounded like it would help!

• LBJ10

That would work if I didn’t love those people.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I used to do that too when I was young, Reese. It’s called repression. It led to serious sleep issues and therapy with a doctor who told me to please stop doing it and just deal with the source of the stress. LOL

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I feel you LBJ. I get stressed a lot too, which either turns into snack-fest (usually lol) or don’t-eat-for-two-days-fest. =/

I spent slightly over two hours at the gym last night. I took a 45 minute workout class, and for the rest of the time I used their equipment.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Rofl Moxie I THOUGHT you were going to write you took a 45min work out class and spent the rest of the time with a shake by the bar !!!!

• Bam

I took a 45 min kettlebell class today. No nipple tassels though.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well Bam. 2 things to say to that

1) I’ve just had to Google kettlebell (!) – I’m a little wiser now…

and 2) I think NT would liven the whole gym affair up !! (on men and women of course, equality rules OK!)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

*Bump*

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’ve been sleeping in instead of weighing in on Friday mornings. lol

• LBJ10

Sleeping sounds good…

• Deleted User
      Participant

Currently 190lb’s (13st 8lb’s) – No weight lost since the 4lb’s I misplaced over Christmas

I have still been going to the gym 5 days a week, I obviously need to rethink my eating habits, which have admittedly slipped again lately!

I’m currently sat here thinking to myself, “all this hard work at the gym is a waste of time and effort if your going to carry on eating crap” in an attempt to make myself more strict with my intake.

How’s everyone else getting on?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

First weigh-in in weeks… 122.7
      Eating erratically, as usual, but trying to get back to three meals at 11 – 3 – 7…
      No formal exercise, just SUPing (bad idea – water’s still cold and got the sniffles) and breaking in my new pointe shoes after finally demolishing my last pair
      Have been craving Cheetos and chocoate chip cookies all day but am reading a fab book (The Kneebone Boy) and am too lazy to put on trousers and pop down to the convenience store downstairs. And this is why I eat erratically.

• BubblesJo
      Participant

I don’t usually weight myself, because it’s not really a good representation of how fit I am. But things have definitely slipped since the summer. Finishing the thesis and getting a new fancy job added a lot of time and stress to my life, so I really haven’t been very active. I’ve been doing some yoga every once in a while, and a bit of running but it’s awful outside. So I made a decision… I’m joining the gym again. It needs to be done. I’m running the 5K at the Bluenose Race in May, and my goal is under 30 minutes. I need to practice regularly to do that, and I can’t do it with 80cm of snow outside. So treadmill it will be. Wish me luck!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I haven’t weighed myself in months, nor do I want to

Exercising doesn’t do much if you continue to eat junk…I really need to cut out the junk. I’m going to start carrying a food diary, and document everything I put into my mouth. Hopefully that will help me become more aware and make better choices…

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

One of my goals is to look good in a bikini. I don’t even like bikinis, and wouldn’t even wear one if I could, but I want the option, ya know?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Jo: My mom said you guys got slammed… what happened to the famous Halifax microclimate?

• Reesebun
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 1/30/2017 8:59 PM

I used to do that too when I was young, Reese. It’s called repression. It led to serious sleep issues and therapy with a doctor who told me to please stop doing it and just deal with the source of the stress. LOL

I don’t actually have lots of stress besides an annoying sister, so It is not actually that bad. I don’t get homework stress because I love homework. I don’t get school stress because I have straight A’s and am doing a High school class right now and next year I am going to high school and will be one year ahead of everyone. I don’t stress about work stuff because I need to be one year older (for the state of Michigan). I Don’t get driving stress because I will be getting my training license next summer after everyone else in my grade, because they are doing it this summer but I am not old enough because I am the youngest person in my grade. So I actually know nothing about stress so don’t listen to my ideas on how to get rid of stress! So stop freaking me out!

• BubblesJo
      Participant

Q8: We got a 2-day blizzard, 24 hours of quiet, and then a snow storm. It was gorgeous, and now there’s snow everywhere :X

• Bam

Snow is gorgeous! We had a whole 2 centimeters last week, but it soon melted.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Oh wow! I can barely even remember what snow is like

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

We got around 3-4 feet of snow 2-ish weeks ago. It’s gorgeous, but a pain to shovel

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

So stop freaking me out!

LOL Reese – don’t worry about Q8 – I’m a no stress person either, although I was never a straight A student, (nor a good student at all really), nor did I have an annoying sister.
      Some people can stress over little thngs. Some people who do have reason to stress don’t and some are unaware of everybody else stressing around them ! LOL

If you are an unstressed bunny at your age, then good for you – stay like that and life will be an easier place.
      (hey – Stress a little (or pretend!) when you really should be stressing or you’ll make other people over-stress around you !!!! LOL

Jo – wooooooooow – now that’s snow !! – not our piddly covering of icing sugar we call winter !

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Haven’t been mindful in a while so trying to start again today by weighing in and making sure to eat breakfast every day and planning my bento lunches in advance and sticking to yoga or ballet three weekdays and outdoors walks or water activities twice on weekends. 121.3

• LBJ10

I went to a wellness fair at work. Turns out, I won 2 door prizes. One is a 6 week weight loss program at a metabolic fitness center. The other is a 3 month gym membership at a different place. I just found out about them and am hoping I can do them both but not at the same time.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That is SO exciting!

• BubblesJo
      Participant

Very exciting LBJ! What do you think you’ll do first?

I’ve been ok with my fitness. I joined the gym last month, and I’ve been going regularly. I’m doing a 10 week 5K plan for my race, and it will ramp up in a couple weeks! Fun times

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LBJ thats brill !!! How interesting !!! The metabolic weight loss – you can give us some tips… (says she reading this eating yummy yummy bread-brioche not brioche not bread but bread-brioche. Discovered it yesterday. By golly its gooooood. Yum Yum

• Reesebun
      Participant

Just wondering: Do vegetarian people and vegan people need to take vitamin pills?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I never did. But that’s because I ate very balanced and diverse (one of the reasons I gave it up – it was too demanding in terms of prep).

• LBJ10

Yeah, I was really surprised. I found out after I left, so I’ll have to take a look at the certificates to see what I want to do.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Reesebun-Not really. In fact, many vegan/vegetarian people are better off nutrient wise because of the attention they pay to it. B12 is the only one I would recommend, for anyone, whether vegan/vegetarian or not.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Also, Krispy Kreme will be the death of me.:/

• kaylyne28
      Participant
      55 posts Send Private Message

So in the last month, I’ve joined a gym and got a personal trainer to create a plan for me. The first day I did it I honestly thought I was going to die. Even driving home my muscles were burrrrrrning. But the intervals are slowly getting easier and soon I think we’all have to increase it again. I’ve lost 8 lbs since joining!!! (I’m there 4x a week 2 hours each time) so I’m pretty proud of myself.

Unfortunately I think I over did leg day bc my previously injured knee (ACL repair a year ago) is suuuuper stiff and sore I’m going to take a few days off of working out to see if it’ll heal itself. On the downside, I’m on my feet an awful lot so we’ll see how it goes…

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant
      2244 posts Send Private Message

I started a five year course of Tamoxifen 3 months ago (as a preventative measure due to family history), and Tamoxifen is notorious for weight gain

Plus, a month ago, I was put on a new medication for migraines, and their most common side effect is that they also work as an appetite stimulant. The Tamoxifen alone has already caused me to gain a stone and I am now also having to deal with being constantly famished, which is no fun. Today my youngest came home for 5 weeks for Easter, so that inevitably means high calorie snack-type stuff in the house, and I only have so much will power.

I am determined to a) not gain any more weight b) lose the stone I’ve put on since starting Tamoxifen c) lose the other two stone that stop me being nice and slim. So this morning I bit the bullet and rang the new local leisure centre. Before, using the leisure centre meant taking over an hour each way by bus, now its a mile and a half walk each way. After ringing, I walked there, completed the paperwork, went swimming for the first time in almost three years, and walked home. This evening, I walked there again, did a 45 minute aquafit class and walked home again. I can do this!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Nice, GJ! Swimming is a great way to stay active (as is walking)

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yes you can do this GJ…. go girl !!

• Azerane

That’s awesome GJ, well done. I absolutely love swimming, unfortunately budgeting restricts us from going to the swimming centre just around the corner which is a shame.

Kaylyne28 your routine sounds exhausting but also very rewarding

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I qualify for a concession membership, which costs £20 per month regardless of how little or how much its used. I went for my gym induction this morning, then did a half hour in there. sadly the pool is closed for swimming lessons on Saturday mornings, so no swim  Its adult swim 7-9 on Sunday mornings though, so plan to go a swim an hourr, maybe do a half hr in the gym too tomorrow. I’ve booked into 7 classes/activities next week, one a day Mon-Wed, and 2 on Thurs and Fri. Plan is to swim before/between/after if the pool is open for public swimming, if not again a half hour in the gym. Along with the walks each way, I will be gutted if the weight doesn’t start coming off

Plan is to really hammer getting fit n slim between now, with my last assignment out the way, until just before my exam in Jun, and then again after the exam through to Oct, when I start my new modules.

I recon I’ll save around half the cost showering there instead of having a bath at home lol! Bit of bonus motivation there

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Wow. When you decide to do something its really all steam ahead !!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Well, I did go, but only managed to swim for 50 minutes before I was so slow I was slowing everyone down in the slow lane so I cheated a little and spent 10 minutes in the sauna instead

I’ve managed to book onto a class that apparently gets fully booked fast for next Sunday, so when I come out from my swim, it’ll be straight into class, and having booked in there is no way now I can turn over in bed and say stuff it – the classes are included in the monthly cost, but get charged if you don’t turn up.

Saturdays will be my day off, as there are only 3 classes, none of them a beginner stuff, and the pool is taken oven by kids swimming lessons. Only six days to go

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m just back from an interclub bad match. Supposed to be playing doubles but got the singles match too !!
      Played against a youngster 20yrs younger and 20kilos lighter and 3 classments above me…. but i gave her a run for her money and she only won 21-17, 21-17…. hah ! I’ll get her next time !!!!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Good on you, pal!

• LBJ10

Yay Vienna and GJ!

So, I’m looking at the certificate for the 6 week metabolic weight loss program. It says the program is free, but does not include the cost of food. Is this one of those things where you have to buy their food? o_O

• Blue Moon
      Participant
      436 posts Send Private Message

is it alright for anyone to join this thread?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

YeAH! The more the merrier.

• Blue Moon
      Participant

ok since I’m just joining I am five feet tall and I’m not going to say my weight because it just feels weird, sorry. the reason I want to join is I am freaking out I usually gain about ten pounds a year and in the past two months I have gained five pounds so I am going health crazy the worst thing I have had in the past week is chocolate yogurt covered raisins. support to all that are working on loosing weight.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

We’re all here for various reasons, so don’t feel weird. I bounce between 120 and 125 and then back again (I’m five foot six… almost seven) but I struggle with regular eating and steady physical activity due to my hectic work schedule.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Blue Moon on 3/20/2017 7:11 PM

ok since I’m just joining I am five feet tall and I’m not going to say my weight because it just feels weird, sorry. the reason I want to join is I am freaking out I usually gain about ten pounds a year and in the past two months I have gained five pounds so I am going health crazy the worst thing I have had in the past week is chocolate yogurt covered raisins. support to all that are working on loosing weight.

I didn’t join in at all last year as I felt bad that in spite of trying so hard all year, the weight wouldn’t come off. Then I started Tamoxifen three months ago, and gained another stone My oestrogen levels were tested to see if the Tamoxifen had triggered a chemical menopause, and the results came back high levels. Being over weight can increase oestrogen, so I am worried the weight gain from the Tamoxifen might be effectively undoing at least some of the benefits of Tamoxifen, making it vital I get the weight back down. I spent the past two weeks working out at home, using resistance bands, but all that did is stop me gaining any more over those two weeks.

I’ve joined the local leisure centre and am determined to make the very maximum use out of my membership I can to get the weight back down, I just hope it does, I can relate only too well to only the occasional treat and still getting nowhere

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Ok, one week since I joined the leisure centre, and I have tried a few classes, plus done some swimming, and mostly been very sensible eating. Classes can be booked up to a week in advance, and apparently are usually fully booked within hours, so this week, it has been a case of waiting for cancellations, but from now one, I’ll be able to choose, as long as I remember to book early! Next week I’ve a nice mix booked.

Weight loss this week = 3 lb, now I need to keep it off, and lose more!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Well done, my friend!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

120.5 this morning

Am curious to track what I eat today so I’ll use this post and edit as I nom.

At the moment (I eat between 11:00 and 19:00)

1 cup green tea (purchased in Japan! lol) + 1 tiny tin of condensed milk
      1/3 cup of Greek yogurt + 1 banana + a handful of blueberries + 1 crepe + a drizzle of honey

Ok… just had:

a bowl of pasta in tomato sauce
      1 mini chocolate egg
      iced fruit tea

Last meal of the day:

a bowl of miso soup with an egg and nori flakes and green onions stirred in
      1 clementine
      a handful of strawberries (chewie helped a bit)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 3/24/2017 3:14 AM

Well done, my friend!

Thanks

Off shortly for a swim, then a class called yogalates, a mix of yoga and pilates? The tablets I’ve been prescribed to stop migraines are a long term solution, not an immediate cure, and the dose has top be increased in small fortnightly increments, so right now I have a kind of semi-migraine, bad enough to make study impossible, but not enough to send me to bed, and hopefully the exercise will help! I hope so, as I’m planning some serious revision tomorrow, i.e. tackling a past exam paper, when there’s nothing good on at the leisure centre. That’s my plan for the next ten weeks, lots of exercise and small blocks of revision Sunday to Friday, and completing a three hour past paper on Saturdays.

Plan is to sit the exam well prepared, and a lot slimmer and fitter!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’m looking into botox injections in my neck muscles to reduce the frequency and intensity of my migraines

• Ellie from The Netherlands
      Participant
      1988 posts Send Private Message

Hoping that works for you Q8!

I was never very overweight, but I was quite out of shape when I started to study. Blasted freshmen year… Ten years ago I chose to go for a bodybuilding weight training regimen and matching food schedule because that gives great results. (Women get toned when they have more muscles, they don’t go bulky). People in the BB scene kept advising me: be sure that you eat enough to support weight-loss! That seemed like the weirdest advice ever, but drastically cutting down on calories has the opposite effect of what people wish.

When people eat far less than 1500 cals a day, your body starts to lose muscle. It also happens that muscles are the main motor behind calorie burning: the more muscles you have, the more calories you burn even while at rest. This is where the dreaded yoyo-effect comes in. After a period of dieting, people will have lost muscle mass, meaning that their calorie consumption at rest is lower than before. Going back to your regular diet will lead to fat gain, because your calorie consumption is now lower.
      What’s most important in eating for weight-loss is sustaining the body with enough building materials and enough calories to prevent muscle loss. Building materials are proteins, healthy fats (eggs, fish, nuts, unprocessed vegetable oils, avocado), and fruits and vegetables. Carbs and excess fat are fuel, restrict these if neccessary to meet your cal quotum.

Even 8 years after I had to quit BB, the things I learned while working out still help me. I started out at 70 kg with a whopping 37% bodyfat, now I’m more or less stable at 63 kg with 30% bodyfat. For permanent weight loss there are a few guidelines: build muscles to keep that motor running, don’t be afraid to hit the weights because it’ll tone you up, eat enough to sustain your body, sustain your body with building materials, give yourself enough rest and cheat on your diet once in a while to keep your spirits up and your cravings down ^_^

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I’m looking into botox injections in my neck muscles to reduce the frequency and intensity of my migraines

Wow – really? Well if they don’t work, atleast you’ll have a wattle-free Q8 looking back at you from the mirror !! LOL

Even 8 years after I had to quit BB,

Ellie DON’T frighten us like that – I read this sentence before the rest of the paragraph….

(I eat between 11:00 and 19:00)

Me too, pretty much constantly !!

Plan is to sit the exam well prepared, and a lot slimmer and fitter!

And more clevererer than you already are !!!
      That is a BRILLIANT plan

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Hmm… this has been interesting. Tracking what I ate today, I mean. I think today I ate less protein than I usually do. Maybe the rain affected me

• BubblesJo
      Participant

Yesterday was the first day of Halifax Burger Week. Must eat all the burgers…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I miss burgers… *sigh* Yum yummy yum

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

The weather lately has greatly caused me to slack in my exercise. It’s just too cold for me to want to get up at 5:30 to get into a car that doesn’t have heat to go to the gym. Evenings don’t work out because of my jobs, so only mornings really work for me. That’s my dilemma.
      Stress has just been awful lately. I also think that that contributes to my recent failures, lol.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 3/24/2017 6:24 AM

I’m going for an mri tomorrow, after passing out from the pain of a recent migraine, just in case. I was put on the new meds after that too

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Yikes! That’s awful.
      My MRI and CT scans came back clean, which ironically left me feeling frustrated because it sucks having this much pain without a tangible cause – so I feel you, my friend, I feel you.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

MRI over, don’t know when I’ll get results. Went for carvery with my son after (I had the brie and broccoli parcel vege option), justified the calories as I walked to and from both, a total of 9.3 miles, according to google maps. Plus I was down anther 1 lb this morning. Went from 181 lb (ouch ) now 177 lb. Only another 49 lb to reach what used to be a nice weight of 128 lb. But of course, I’ll need to lose more than 49 lb of fat, as I will be gaining muscle weight at the same time.

I started learning to swim a few years back, then life got in the way, so though I can get safely up and down the pool, I’m not really using a proper technique, so put my name down for 1-2-1 swimming lessons. Just had a phone call there’s been a cancellation tomorrow, so hoping that goes ok, I can’t afford many lessons, so I’ll need to learn fast!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Good job! Talk about committing

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

The high oestrogen levels are a powerful motivator

Plus with it being revision season for me and my eldest, I have the time to be committed, I’ve no excuses left!

• Deleted User
      Participant

Posted By AxGizmo on 2/17/2017 6:34 AM

Currently 190lb’s (13st 8lb’s) – No weight lost since the 4lb’s I misplaced over Christmas

I have still been going to the gym 5 days a week, I obviously need to rethink my eating habits, which have admittedly slipped again lately!

I’m currently sat here thinking to myself, “all this hard work at the gym is a waste of time and effort if your going to carry on eating crap” in an attempt to make myself more strict with my intake.

How’s everyone else getting on?

Currently 187lb’s (13st 5lb’s) – 3lb weight loss since last check in. 1/2 stone in total

I’ve not been to the gym for 3 weeks and have been a bit naughty with food, so I have come to the conclusion that my body had gone into starvation mode because I wasn’t eating enough to make up for the calorie deficiency, so I am going to start back at the gym tonight but do short bursts of high energy training rather than a couple of hours of slower exercise like I was before, I’ve also been reading up on weight loss following Gallbladder removal and have started taking Digestive enzymes, super green tea tablets and Vit D tabs too this morning in the hope that they will boost any future weight loss.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Two weeks since I started going to the leisure centre. This week, I’ve done Aqua, Swimfit and swum 1 km twice (very slowly as I’m still working on learning to swim using the proper strokes). I’ve also done at least one class a day Sun-Fri of either Body Balance, yoga, yogalates or pilates. Plus I’ve walked 39.2 miles, according to Google maps.

Weight lost this week is 2 lbs, making a total of 5 lb in 2 weeks. Plus, I’ve lost 2, yes 2, inches of my waist Down from 34 ins to 32 ins. I used to be 20-21 ins before I had the boys, not sure if that’s a realistic target now, but its something to aim for right?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Woohooo, GJ!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Good god GJ !!!! You’re putting us all to shame, but YOU GO GIRL !!!!

I’ve always believed it’s not about the weight, its the “feel good” feeling of exercise and also the endorphins flowing around the body that makes everything seem better.

• Bam

GJ, I’m impressed, to say the least! I did pulse spinning yesterday 75 min and 60 min today.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Vienna Blue in France on 3/31/2017 11:43 AM

Good god GJ !!!! You’re putting us all to shame, but YOU GO GIRL !!!!

I’ve always believed it’s not about the weight, its the “feel good” feeling of exercise and also the endorphins flowing around the body that makes everything seem better.

I think it helps the endorphins are off-setting the side effects of the Tamoxifen!

The teacher tonight said I was quite supple I used the rowing machine too, and according to its read-out, I rowed 6 km in 40 minutes

Day off from the leisure centre tomorrow, then a slightly more intense six days of classes booked for next week  

• Blue Moon
      Participant

I haven’t been able to do much exercise because “I very badly sprained” my ankle/foot I have been in a boot for a week today (whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

• LBJ10

I called up that gym that said I won a 3 month membership. They want me to come in on Monday to fill out paperwork. I asked if a credit card was required and he said no. I guess I don’t have to worry about them trying to charge me after the 3 months are up. I’ll take the free membership, but I doubt I’ll want to stay after that. The membership fee is very high. Almost as high as the YMCA, but they don’t have a pool/tennis/basketball/etc. Just the basic exercise equipment and weight machines.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Uhhh… I saw this thread, felt bad, did 20 squats, and then came back. Whoops…I’ll try harder.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

LEL. LOL. dont put your back out !!!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

7lbs, or half a stone, down That’s half of the Tamoxifen gain undone. Still got to lose the other 3 stone that’s crept on over the past 10 years, thanks to feet issues making even walking painful. Its quite limiting, as I can’t do anything that means my feet hit the floor at anything harder than gentle walking equivalent

I swam for 2 hours yesterday afternoon, and another 90 minutes swimming this morning. Plus I managed a ‘Legs Bums and Tums’ class for an hour.

I ache

• beebun
      Participant
      173 posts Send Private Message

Oh my God I didn’t know we have this! Okay I’m starting out.

I’m 90lbs/45kg, 165cm tall. I keep losing weight, sometimes about 2kgs at a time. I’m trying to exercise so I can build more muscle >_< alas I work full tkme from home, even on weekends, so there's not a lot of exercise opportunities. I've downloaded exercise apps and stuff but. You know. Naps are important.

It’ll be nice to have a group checking in so I can get motivated?

• LBJ10

That’s good though GJ!

Beebun – You are welcome to join in! Not that I’ve been making any progress. I weighed myself today and just about cried.

OK, so I went to that gym where I got the free membership. They got my account set up and gave me a tour. My husband came with, but he wasn’t impressed by the place. They only have cardio equipment and weigh machines, plus so rooms off to the sides for classes. The membership fee for one person there is $58! I was like, $58 a month for this? I think I’ll take my free 3 month membership and be done. I’ll have to go by myself though since my husband would have to pay if he wanted to come with.

They have free classes. I was looking at the schedule because I was interested in the yoga classes. They aren’t at very convenient times. Like, I wouldn’t be able to make it after work because it starts at 5:30. I tend to not get home until after 5:30. So I don’t know, I might just have to go there to use the equipment. I just wish I didn’t have to go by myself.

• Deleted User
      Participant

Current Weight: 185lb’s (13st 3lb’s) – 2lb’s weight loss since last check in (30.03.17) 

Eek! 2lb’s lost this week whilst taking caffeine tabs and digestive enzymes. Long may it last!!

17.02.17: 190lb’s

30.03.17: 187lb’s

05.04.17: 185lb’s

• Blue Moon
      Participant

up date on my ankle. I actually broke my fibula growth plate. apparently initial x rays right after an injury possibly don’t show a break o_O

• Blue Moon
      Participant

Image result for fibula fracture

this is what my break kind of looks like-ish

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I would say that this is what your break looks like (x-rays don’t lie) teeheehee

Hope it heals quickly.

• Blue Moon
      Participant

thank you Q8

• LBJ10

Oh my Blue Moon!

• BubblesJo
      Participant

Holly smokes Blue Moon! I hope you heal fast.

I’ve had a stressful couple of weeks, coupled with a nasty cold, which left little time or energy to exercise. I’m happy to report that I did a run and weight training this week and feel great about it and it’s finally above zero outside, so I’m going for an outdoor run this afternoon!

Two weeks until thesis defense date, need to exercising until then so I don’t loose my sanity!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well done you BJ. And also have a litte sesh in front of the mirror each day, saying to yourself whatever you wish, to make you stronger and more confident when you come to defend.

It works it really does!
      If you believe it enough it WILL come true.
      Always!
      Nearly… I tried with the lottery, it didnt work.

• LBJ10

I finally made it into that gym. It’s Sunday, so it was quiet in there. I like quiet. LOL I tried the stepper/elliptical thingie, then I did the recumbent bike. I wandered over to the weight machines, but I found myself relieved that not too many people were there. I could only do like one set of 10 reps on most machines and I couldn’t lift very much. All of the arm ones were set at 10 lbs. Before I got there, they were all like 50+ lbs…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s because we stopped counting bunny poops before the drawing, Vienna

• Deleted User
      Participant

01.01.17: 194lb’s

17.02.17: 190lb’s

30.03.17: 187lb’s

05.04.17: 183lb’s

11.04.17: Current Weight: 185lb’s (13st 3lb’s) – 2lb’s weight gain over the weekend… oops haha

Had McDonalds on Friday night and KFC on Sunday

• Q8bunny
      Participant

OMG When I first saw your numbers, I thought they were poop counts

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Q8bunny on 3/24/2017 10:29 PM

Yikes! That’s awful.
      My MRI and CT scans came back clean, which ironically left me feeling frustrated because it sucks having this much pain without a tangible cause – so I feel you, my friend, I feel you.

My MRI has not come back ‘clean’. I am being referred to a neurologist, and will need another MRI in six months.

Although I’ve been exercising, no weight loss so far this week  just hope I’ve gained muscle and lost fat….

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I hope everything’s ok *hug*

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Yup me too GJ ((hugs)))
      Don’t worry about the weight….. it’s all about how you are feeling with all this exercise and feeling toned

I’m just recovering from a body bashing around a badminton court last weekend, and still need to de-stiffen myself before a two day event this coming weekend…. The opposition are all so….. young ! Rofl !!!

• LBJ10

I’m sorry GJ. I’m supposed to go for MRIs, but I don’t. Cost too much money… I hope everything is alright with you.

So… I decided to try the yoga class at the “free” gym. Yeah, I think that was a mistake. There were 5 people there besides me. The instructor was an older Indian woman. I’m embarrassed to say there were times when I couldn’t understand what she was saying half the time. I mean, I probably could have if I wasn’t upside down. Anyway, she was very spacey and couldn’t seem to remember the routine. So we would do different things for one side and then she would forget stuff during the other side. I ended up leaving early since it was going on an hour and I wasn’t expecting it to be that long.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That’s a shame, LBJ. A good yoga class is so… spot on And as you’ve noted, a good instructor is key to that experience. Still… you stretched a bit, right?

• LBJ10

I stretched a bit, yes. She wanted us to go from a warrior pose down to a kneeling warrior, then somehow bend the knee that was resting on the floor up so we could grab our ankle with our hand. No way was that happening. My knees hurt all the time and anything that involved my knees on the floor was a no go.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

A good instructor offers modified poses… confirms my suspicions that this lady may be a good practitioner, but is not a good instructor.

• LBJ10

She is definitely not a good instructor for someone who has never done yoga. She saw I was new, but didn’t bother to explain their routine. Luckily I have done yoga before, so I knew the poses she was shouting out. LOL So I was simply learning their routine as we went along. Others there knew what to expect because they had obviously done it with her before. But just imagine if I didn’t have a clue. Oh boy. o_O

Yes, alternative poses are always good. She did offer a block for some people who couldn’t do a pigeon. I didn’t have an issue with that pose. Like I said, it was just stuff that involved my poor knee supporting my weight on the hard floor. I don’t think there is a yoga mat thick enough for that.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

I did A (one!) step class once like that. Everyone knew what they were doing except me and my friend. We got the giggles because it was hilariously ridiculous!!! We were going up when everyone else was on the down. And the grapevine….??!!!!!! Hahahahaha !!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Five weeks in, still no more weight loss, but I must be toning my legs, as my jeans nearly slipped over my hips a couple of days ago. I’m hoping the weight loss will resume once the boys go back to uni.  

Apart from doing lots of classes, I have walked over 200 miles in these past 5 weeks. My eldest has decided he wants to do some of the classes too. Its much more fun having him there, and its also a great motivator to work harder during the session. He’ll carry on again after his exams are over, and plans to go all summer with me

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Aww… gym buddies

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

That’s GREAT GJ !!! 5 weeks already – wooow.

Me? I’m recovering from the chocathon ALL last week – baaad girl (bit it’s soooo gooood)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Six weeks in, still no more weight loss BUT I now fit those leggings I liked that the shop only sold up to UK size 14, and they fit fine, no bulging over the waist band  I got a vest top to match too

The leggings were buy one, get one half price, so I also got the size 12 as motivation to keep up the good work

I have walked 244 miles in the last six weeks, as well as all the classes and swimming

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Wow! That must feel so good

The end of the school year is overwhelming so I wasn’t eating sensibly anymore (I’d forget meals altogether or eat at weird hours) so I started having daily food boxes delivered with paleo meals – yum! No excuses to go to bed hungry now

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I’ve had both boys home for Easter, so eating too sensibly just wasn’t going to happen glad to hear you are eating better!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

My dreeeeam. Having deliveries of good, sensible, balanced home cooked food or salads that i don’t have to make/prepare. (Im sill playing the lottery from time to time !!) lol

• Sara
      Participant
      29 posts Send Private Message

I’d love to join you ladies (and gents). I’ve been in a bit of a slump since the end of January. I’m joining friends in a DietBet in just over a week to lose 4% of my body weight in 4 weeks or lose $20. Luckily I work at a nature preserve so have the opportunity for beautiful walks before work, and bought roller skates for Christmas that I can use on a nearby hike and bike after work. Just need better habits, including cooking at home. Like Vienna I wish healthy food delivered itself to my house.

Hoping between money on the line and participating more here I can be successful.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

If it were me, I’d just pay the 20$ now !!!!! Hahahaha

• Blue Moon
      Participant

i got my cast of finally and will start physical therapy on Monday

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Great news!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

7 weeks in and finally another pound down I’ve weighed 12’5 for the past three mornings, so I’d say that pound is definitely off!

I’m blaming the Tamoxifen for making it so damn hard! Seriously though, to lose 8lb, in the last 7 weeks,I have now done over 100 classes/swim sessions  and walked 283 miles, along side eating sensibly…

I bought some more clothes now I have gone down a full dress size, the new jeans I got are UK size 14, but sold as slim-fit, so they are slightly tight, but hopefully they will be a better fit in the next couple of weeks. I chose these, rather than the standard fit, which fitted nicely, as they were pretty ones, with embroidered flowers, rather than just plain ones…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Those are pretty. Makes me wish a bit I were a jeans owner too

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Good going Gina !!! Its levelling out so don’t be downhearted if the pounds dont keep “falling” off….
      The challenge now is to keep them off and just keep feeling stinking good about yourself !!!!

• Muchelle
      Participant

Ugh I haven’t done the weekly check in since probably page 5…. hehehe

I did lose weight, I swear! *eats dried apple with the bun*

• LBJ10

That’s great GJ!

OMG… I’m so fat.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Spring and summer are here – perfect weather for going out and having medium to long walks LBJ.

• LBJ10

Vienna – Yeah, we go for walks when we have time. I need to do more though. I still have 2 months at the gym, but I’ve only been twice. It’s just so hard to find time to go there after work when my husband wants me to help him with this and that as soon as I get home. It’s easier to just not go. And my addiction to fast food isn’t helping either. It’s so easy for me to grab something to eat for lunch when I’m at work. Plus, it helps me decompress. I feel like I’m on sensory overload while I’m at work and physically getting away during lunch seems to help. The temptation is literally overwhelming. I cannot control myself. I admit it, it’s definitely a problem. I just can’t seem to control it.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Easy to say but you must try to take your lunch with you and no cash….. better for you and your wallet !!!

• LBJ10

This is embarrassing, but I’ve tried that. Sometimes it goes uneaten and I throw it away…

I do remember also just trying to take snack type foods, but then I would be starving when I got home and would completely pig out.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

(((LBJ10))) I tried hard all last year to get the weight down, no success. It took elevated oestrogen levels after starting Tamoxifen (I am considered high risk for breast cancer) to give me the needed wake up call.

Yesterday, I weighed 12’4, same today, so again, I think I can say that pound is off too That means I have lost 9 lbs, which is 5% of my starting body weight, in 52 days. I think I’ve probably lost more than 9 lbs in fat, but gained a few in muscle though?

My exam is starting to loom, so I will be doing slightly less classes over the next few weeks, then the plan is to find a weekly mix of classes that I can keep up longer term, with the aim of dropping weight slowly but steadily over the rest of the year…

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Well, they say slow weight loss is healthier than rapid, so I’m getting that part right I’d prefer it to be coming off at least a little bit quicker, given the effort I’m putting into it.

Its nine weeks today since I joined the leisure centre, in those nine weeks, I have done 124 classes, walked 347.5 miles and dropped 10 lbs. My fitness levels are definitely increasing though, my son says its quite noticeable when we are out walking together, so that’s a big positive

• LBJ10

Thanks GJ!
      I’m glad to hear you’ve been having some success. I know it can be frustrating when you’re doing all the right things and nothing seems to be happening. Hopefully you can break past the plateau.

I went to the metabolic place today. Boy, did that take forever! LOL They weighed me and calculated my BMI. It isn’t HORRIBLE, but I was definitely outside the healthy range. I don’t want to continue down this road. Anyway, they said I could get the program (counseling, menus, cook book, etc.) for free (that’s what my certificate was for). But they recommended buying their supplements. They have one that is a drink mix that they highly recommended. I was given a preliminary menu to give me an idea of what I will and will not be able to eat. I’m supposed to go back for an orientation class to get the cookbook, etc. Any supplements or additional tests (hormone, DNA) cost extra. I’m not sure if I will be able to stick to the diet for 6 weeks. I looked at the preliminary menu they suggested and it is very specific about even the kinds of fruits/veggies you can have.

• BubblesJo
      Participant

LBJ, are you going to try it either way? I always feel sketched out about places that try to sell you supplements… but having a personalized diet would be nice.

I’m going to run the 5K at the Bluenose today! I hope my time won’t be too bad, I really wanted to do it around 30 min, the last time I did it was around 32 min!

• BunnyFriends
      Participant
      383 posts Send Private Message

Well, I’m a minor, so….

5’0 and 90 pounds. I’m a short person.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Not short. Fun-sized.

• LBJ10

BubblesJo – Yeah, I think so. I’m not big on supplements, but I suppose some stuff is OK. Just no stimulants. Those are awful.

• LBJ10

Well, I was going to go to the store today to get some things off the list. That didn’t happen for some reason. :\

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

How are you getting on with the metabolic diet, LBJ10?

I’m down another pound today, its very slow, but it is going down, not up, which is the main thing. I’m taking a four day break from classes and dieting, starting today, with my exam on Tuesday…

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I may have let my health slip a little recently. I haven’t been able to go the gym as often as I would like, and I’ve been eating unhealthily compared to what I had been. Gahh

• LBJ10

GJ – I haven’t officially started yet. I was supposed to be “pre-conditioning” these past couple of weeks and then the program will officially start on Monday when I do to the first class. I can’t say I’ve been doing well, even with the pre-conditioning. =\

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Have you started now, and if so, how is it going?

12 weeks in, and I’m down another pound, which is good, given I haven’t been eating quite so sensibly or going to classes due to my exam. Back at the leisure centre tonight, with two classes back to back. Treated myself to some nice sports shoes and a matching top, as a reward for all my studying, eating super sensibly and exercising!

• LBJ10

GJ – I went there twice for a class that didn’t exist. I’m pretty upset. I was told to come on Thursday for my first class. I waited for 45 minutes before someone said there was no class. They said there was one on Monday. OK, fine. So I came back on Monday. I didn’t wait quite as long, but was told there was no class. I was like “WTH?”. I spoke to the manager and explained to her that I was now there twice for a class that didn’t exist. She said she could go over the program with me right then. OK, fine. She showed me the menu. Basically, you eat very few calories (4 oz. servings of meat, pick ONE vegetable and only 6 oz serving of that, any serving of starch must be limited to 50 calories, etc.). To make up for the calories lost, you have to buy these protein drinks. The manager explained they would keep you full, prevent your body from burning muscle, and help you lose weight. I told her they had said something about protein drinks, but they did not say they were required. These things were not cheap! I asked about the cookbook you were supposed to get once you attend the class. She said it wasn’t free, it was part of a “kit” that was $99. She then went on to say there were also required supplements. I replied saying no one mentioned required supplements. Again, WTH? So the program is free, but all the extra stuff you have to buy just keeps adding up. Apparently these costs are on top of a paid program, which is $300-$500 (depending on which one you choose). Oh, you can also pay for genetic and hormone testing! Well, at this point I was in tears because I couldn’t understand why they told me one thing during the initial visit and another thing now. I also tried to explain to her that I was having trouble with the menu because many of the brands they listed I could not find at the grocery store. So somewhere between all of this she started saying, well I suppose you don’t have to buy this. It doesn’t matter, your program was free so we don’t guarantee it. Guess what I was told during the initial meeting? Yep, I was signing the contract so it was guaranteed just like everyone else. *sigh* The manager sent me away, saying I needed to follow the pre-conditioning menu and come back on Thursday (yesterday). I left and decided not to go back. I mean, in my mind, they were not taking me serious as a customer. They had no reason to “invest” in me because it was a free program that wasn’t guaranteed. All they wanted was for me to buy their expensive supplements, etc. They said these classes were required, yet I somehow went there twice and found no class. I’m really bummed.

Sorry, that kinda turned into a rant.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

*hug*

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

That stinks what a waste of yr time and a let down as well

• LBJ10

Yeah, it was a waste of my time. I had to drive there after work. It took 30 minutes each time. Then I was there for over an hour each time and for nothing. Like I said, it didn’t seem like they wanted to invest too much in me. Plus I was told different things by different people. Perhaps they need to sit down with all their employees to make sure everyone is on the same page and telling the customers the same things.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

14 weeks yesterday (couldn’t post cos couldn’t access site) since I joined leisure centre, lost about a stone in weight now, not too bad, another stone and I’ll be comfortably back in the healthy weight range

Participant

Youch LBJ: that sounds like quite an elaborate scam… I hope you can walk away from it without any problems.

• ThorBunny
      Participant
      801 posts Send Private Message

Can I get in on this? I’m fairly happy with my weight, but have been a total couch potato for the past few months. I used to exercise almost every day in University and I felt great. Lately it seems like there are just too many distractions to use as an excuse not to go out.

So to say it out loud here: I hereby promise to exercise at least 4 days a week! I will buy a swimsuit and go back to doing laps 2 days a week and run 2 mornings a week. I’ll check back next week to see how I did

LBJ, that sounds awful! It is terrible how many people act like they are trying to help you and offer you something real when in fact all they want is money. I’m sure there are other honest programs out there that would be happy to have you!

• LBJ10

That’s great GJ! Keep it up!

ThorBunny – That sounds like a reasonable goal.

Yeah, that place was shady. But I only went there because I had won a FREE program through the door prize drawing they had at my work’s wellness fair. It came from work! So I didn’t think it would be like that. The manager really hurt my feelings and made me feel like she was thinking “why is she here?”. Oh well, I suppose I should regroup and try to figure something else out. Don’t worry, I never gave them any money so I’m not out anything. Just my pride.

Participant

I’m afraid I may have to join you for the weight-loss group, I’m dealing with rapid weight gain here since my back problem really started to act up in march. Last week I found out my summer shorts don’t close around my waist anymore Bas subtly tried to hint that I’ve grown a bit of a tum over the last couple of months, but that was the real eye-opener. My weight is 65,5 kg at the moment, this is 2,5 kg more than the last I time I weighed myself in february. My height is 1,63 m, so my BMI is 24,6. This is technically still within healthy limits, but it shouldn’t be more, I’m really at the max of my acceptable weight. Annoyingly I gain weight at the waist and under my chin. Not charming and not healthy either.

The problem is that I’ve been unable to be active because of my severe back problem. The only exercise I can do at the moment is some gentle moving around in warm water. Walking, cycling and any standing exercises are out the question: I can’t stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes without fierce back/leg pain. I’ve discussed it with my physical therapist, and she recommended starting with some gentle muscle training for my upper body. I have experience with weightlifting and a selection of weights at home, so I’m going to make an upper body exercise schedule which I can perform at home while sitting down. I’m going to aim for hot water therapy once a week and 2 full upper body workout sets throughout the week. These may be spread over several days, I don’t know yet how my body will respond. Hopefully the revalidation therapy will start soon as well, I’ll request an exercise programme.

The thing I have more control over is food: such a rapid weight gain means that I’m eating too much for my current activity level. I’ve also noticed that I can be an emotional eater, and the last couple of months haven’t exactly been stress-free.
      Normally my weight is pretty even without having to watch what I eat, so I can conclude that my previous eating habits fit my previous activity level. A decreased activity level means that I’ll need less carbohydrates. To prevent hunger pangs and problems with fibre intake I’m eating more lean protein and more vegetables and fruits. The main goal will be to match my activity level, but still eat enough so I won’t trigger the body’s starvation mode (which will lead to loss of muscle mass). My calorie goal is 1600-1800 cal a day, where 2000-2300 cal was my previous daily intake. This can be achieved by cutting out most of the carbs during the daytime, and having a smaller portion of carbs during dinner.

Things I’ve already started to change:
      – No more seconds during dinner, except for vegetables
      – Smaller portions of carbs during dinner
      – Replace bread for breakfast with a bowl of 0% fat quark and a serving of fruit
      – Replace bread for lunch with a salad or low-carb hot meal (soup etc)
      – Replace afternoon snack with fruit and a small serving of unprocessed unsalted nuts (extra fibre, healthy fats and protein)
      – Smart snacking: fruit, olives, nuts, small serving of feta cheese or occasionally a small serving of comfort food
      – Noticing when emotional eating is about to happen, and trying to distract myself or to minimalise the amount of intake

• Q8bunny
      Participant

That sounds like a very sensible approach to things, Ellie. If I may make one suggestion to your otherwise scientific-like analysis and plan – include the carbs you’re allowing yourself in your lunchtime meal rather than dinner… shown to be used more efficiently at that time of day, since noon is when the body starts exiting waste-processing mode (circadian hormonal cycle) and uses fuel most efficiently

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Health issues stink hope you can manage something Ellie x

I’ve almost forgotten what chocolate tastes like, but I’ve lost a fourth inch of my waist, meaning I can now squeeze into the UK size 12 leggings I picked up in the sale a few weeks ago, so its worth it 

I’m now 11 lb overweight instead of almost two stone. 11 lbs is losable, right?

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Easier to lose pebbles than boulders

Participant

Yay, nearly 1,5 week into my diet and Bas is already starting to compliment me on my belly. It looks a lot flatter. The first days I experienced some dizzyness, but this is past now. I’ve been experimenting a bit with the time of carb consumption, and I found out that I benefit most from carbs in the late afternoon/early evening. Otherwise I don’t have enough energy to exercise in the evening. I’m not very active in the daytime and start to peak only after 16:00. After I lost my job 2,5 years ago I slowly started to switch back again to my natural night-owlish rhythm:

10:00 wake up & breakfast
      14:00 lunch
      16:30 afternoon snack
      The time when I eat dinner differs a bit: when Bas is here we eat at 18:30, when I’m alone I eat at 20:00.
      21:30-22:00 exercise
      22:30 optional evening snack when I’ve had an early dinner
      02:00 sleep

Breakfast needs to be heavy for me, something that’s extremely filling to curb snacking and blood sugar fluctuations. Also, carbs early in the day lead to hunger pangs for me. Breakfast with bread: hungry again after 2 hours. Breakfast with a bowl of quark and 2 hard-boiled eggs or a low-carb cracker with sugar-free peanut butter: huh? lunch time already? Protein and fat, that’s my kind of breakfast. Never thought that eggs&bacon could help me lose weight, but it does help me a great deal to curb hunger throughout the day.

I remember the first weekend I was at my in-laws, who all eat like mice: 1 slice of bread for breakfast. I didn’t want to look like a gorging Godzilla, so I also took one slice. Bas and I went on a long shopping trip afterwards and I nearly fainted in the middle of town. But where to find a gluten-free meal in a strange town? Bas ran into a store instead and quickly bought me a large bar of chocolate. Problem solved.

Planning to weigh myself in 2 weeks, hoping to see some results. One thing’s for sure: I’m less bloated already, and Bas is a big fan

So, now this means that the 3 of us are all on a diet: Breintje and I need to eat fewer calories and Bas needs to cram as much as he can. Looking at his parents, no wonder he never learned to eat a hearty portion. He’s from a family for whom a 2-seater couch seats 3. I eat twice as much as him during a regular day. I’m trying to sneak calories into him wherever I can. Especially banana milkshakes with a big chunk of extra fatty ice cream seems to work: boatloads of calories which can be swallowed easily. Food which smells good also helps to work up his appetite: he loves spicy food, stews and soups. Luckily we both dislike fatty dinners with cheese or cream sauces.

I found a good biceps/chest and calves routine which I can partially do in bed. Calves are difficult because I get pain very quickly while standing, but I managed to squeeze a few in today. It’s the easiest exercise ever: get on the tips of your toes, and repeat.
      For the biceps I did twisting dumbbell curls: you start out with the weight pointing up, and halfway during the movement you turn your hand so the weight is lying flat. For the chest I did an alternating lying fly: lay down on the bed with your arms extended and a dumbbell in each hand. Lift your arm into the air until it’s straight up, and slowly put it down again. Repeat with other arm.
      As an extra I did a variation on the dumbbell press, it seems you can also do that while laying in bed. It goes like this: lay flat on your back with your elbows on the bed and your hands (with dumbbells) up in the air. Lift both arms up until they’re above your chest, now turn both hands and bring the weights together above your chest. This gives a nice extra press.

Now to find some good triceps, back and shoulder exercises. Abs, legs and glutes may be unwise to train by myself because the core of the problem is in my lower back/upper part of the buttocks. I think I’ll wait with that until I get some expert advice at the rehabilitation centre.

• ThorBunny
      Participant
      801 posts Send Private Message

Glad things are going well Ellie! Isn’t it nice when you can feel and see improvement?

Well I didn’t do as well last week as I hoped, but I did get out! I didn’t get my new swimming until Friday, and now its a holiday weekend so the gym is closed… but last week I did go running twice and kayaking once! I have the most wicked leg sunburn from kayaking, ah well.

Next week, better!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I just received the new smoothie blender I won in a tombola at the mall, so I’m starting to replace my dinners with green smoothies (because I feel too lazy to cook much these days… dunno, maybe I’ll have some rice and veg too if my inner broccoli wakes up.)

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Weight loss this week is a negative quantity I do have valid excuses though!!! My youngest came home from uni last Friday, so on Sun I took him out for a belated 18th at a local Indian restaurant. Tuesday, we went for pizza hut buffet to celebrate the boys completing their first year of uni.

Plus with both boys home, the fridge and cupboards are well stocked with snacks, and as mum, I feel it is important to carry out quality control, as taught by every bunny 

In fact Podge insisted he needed to do quality control of the nectarines, as it apparently needs a bun to do it right

On a positive note, I am still more of a size 12 than 14 still, and I did manage to carry home two packed shopping bags this morning without really struggling, which I certainly couldn’t have done 16 weeks ago, so I’ve really improved my core strength…

• Q8bunny
      Participant

You’re hooman. It’s ok to slip up now and then as long as you carry on in a good general direction. And let’s face it: you had very good reason to celebrate

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

true

• Muchelle
      Participant

@Ellie surely you already know, but if you do weight lifting with your arms, do not push the weights over your shoulder line cause it stresses the back a lot! I’ve been in rehab for scholiosis for a lot, sigh

I’ve recently cooked up a nazi home fitness routine to burn some fat and up my muscles. I am one of the real big boned girls and I tend to put up a lot of weight in muscles if I do too much exercise, so this is very tedious =.= Anyways, I made a 30 days plan and each day I step up the number of exercises a bit until I’ll get to the “top” number and then keep going from there. If anyone’s interested I can write my program of course it’s made for my muscle capacity but it can be tweaked

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Back to where I was two weeks ago, weight-wise, so at least I’ve undone last weeks damage 

I’ve averaged just over 10 hrs of classes a week over the 17 weeks (177 hrs in total) since I joined the leisure centre, and walked 575 miles  

Plan is to keep this up til the new uni term starts the first week in Oct, when I’ll need to return to serious studying again.

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Wow! Those numbers are awe-inspiring!

• Bam

G.J, I’m impressed!!! I haven’t been to the gym in a week, I’ve been hit by a cold from Hell.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks 12 weeks left before study takes priority…

Participant

Doing very well Gina.Jenny!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Whoop, whoop in spite of having a celebratory tray of chippie chips yesterday lunchtime, with mushy peas of course , I’m still down another lb this morning down 16 lb in total now, in 17.5 weeks

At this rate, I will be back at a nice healthy weight in time for the start of the new uni year in Oct, and then all I’ll need to do is not put the lost weight back on!

Treated myself to some new leggings and gym shoes 

Participant

That’s amazing GJ! Very well done and hats off to you ^_^
      There’s nothing wrong with an occasional celebration treat, even while on a diet. Make sure you enjoy it

My results are in as well: the weight gain has stopped. I do have problems with getting enough fibre, so I asked Bas to pick up some fibre supplements when he’s going to the city centre again. My stomach is definitely a lot flatter, and I seem to have one less chin. Friends are starting to notice, and Bas is all over me with compliments and cheers. I also start to feel a change in my clothing, especially in my swimsuit. I tried on those damn honest summer shorts, and they close around my waist again. Still don’t dare to move or sit down with them on, but at least it shows that I managed to reduce my waist a bit.

Exercise is still painful and difficult, but I went to yesterday’s hot water therapy session anyway. Under water it all goes well, and I only get occasional pain flashes. But as soon as I walk up the steps and slowly emerge from the water, the pressure goes back on my lower back/hip area and everything is screaming at me. Today is not so good either, although I did manage to get rid of my stiff neck yesterday. Bas remobilised my shoulder today, popping a nasty knot in a muscle which prevented me from using my arm properly. He’s used to it now, and we laugh it off while I’m sitting there dizzily drooling afterwards.

Hoping to enter rehabilitation therapy ASAP, they rehabilitation centre in our town is experiencing a flood of applications, so they’re making a strict selection to cut out all the people who are unmotivated or have been referred to the wrong kind of therapy. It starts by putting the initiative on the clients’ side: you have to apply yourself for a mandatory information meeting. The first opportunity was tomorrow, the next was in september. Luckily I managed to apply for tomorrow. Only after attending the meeting you can fill out all your application forms, they’ll redirect you to a doctor and the doctor will put you on the waiting list.
      One of my goals for rehabilitation is to be able to ride a bike again, all be it for a couple of minutes. If I can do that, I’ll be able to use my exercise bike at home which will help tremendously.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I’m now approaching the 24 week mark, and am down 20 lb. I am now only 3 lb overweight, by bmi

My uni course officially starts back 7th Oct, but they are trialling a 3 week ‘boot camp’ to brush up core maths skills starting on the 12th Sept. So target is to drop those 3 lb before the 12th…

• LBJ10

That’s awesome GJ!

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Go girl !!!!!!!!!!! We’re proud of you !!!!

The idea was that I’d get a bit more in shape getting an adult dog to walk miles and miles and marathons with….. a temporarily disabled/injured dog was NOT what i had in mind…

Proof that we are not in control of luuuurve

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks doggy love comes first every time, VB xxx

Participant

Well done GJ! That’s a great achievement

@Vienna: haha, you can’t direct love indeed. Who knows: maybe he’ll recover quickly and you’ll be out and about in no time.

Things are going steady here, I’m very happy with my reducing waistline. Managed to fit the widest of my summer shorts again, and I can walk around and sit in them quite comfortably now. People are starting to notice that things are changing, I’ve heard people say that my face is also slimmer and my horrible double chin is starting to go away.

Participant

I weighed myself after a couple of weeks, and the results are in: I’ve lost 2 kg over the last 2-3 months. The diet plan I stuck to stopped my weight gain, but I decided to tweak it a bit to encourage weight loss.
      My current plan is all about “eat only when you’re active”, which is a bit different from a regular meal plan. I’ve noticed that I’m mostly inactive in the daytime because of morning pains, and only start to do chores or exercise in the late afternoon/evening. My current plan is to push breakfast back an hour, and to replace lunch by a light snack. This seems to work a lot better than sticking to the breakfast-lunch-dinner adagium. Why eat when you’re not using it at all?

My current mealplan is:

– 11:00 Large protein&fibre rich breakfast
      – 14:30 Small healthy snack (fruits&nuts, homemade granola with yoghurt)
      – somewhere between 17:30-19:30 Regular dinner, but don’t over-indulge on carbs
      – 22:30 Healthy evening snack
      – 02:00 Sleep

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Way to live on a Regency schedule, Miss Austen

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I have been slacking recently, and have gained some weight back. Bleh. I need to get back into it.

• BubblesJo
      Participant

My partner and I recently moved in together and he cooks amazingly! Like home made pasta amazing. I’m sure that’s going to spell trouble for me in the long run

He’s starting curling next month, but I’m wavering on what I want to do. I have a gym membership, but the classes are later than I stay at work. So I’m considering doing some weight training coupled with running. They also have yoga classes, so that would also be a possibility. There’s also aerial hoops classes in town, and I loved doing them a couple years ago… hmm decisions, decisions!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

My mother just completed her first Spartan Race. It unfortunately didn’t work out for me going this time, but I want to get a trifecta next year (complete one of each race (there are 3) in one calendar year). I know it would be extremely hard, but it would be such a cool goal!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

The 3 races I would need to complete for a Trifecta would be:
      “Sprint”- 3 to 5 miles – 20 to 23 obstacles
      “Super” – 8 to 10 miles – 24 to 29 obstacles
      “Beast” – 12 to 14 miles – 30 to 35 obstacles

The obstacles are pretty intense too

Participant

Wow, that’s impressive Moxies mom! A trifecta sounds like an amazing goal to work towards. Maybe there are training schedules available to help you prepare, just like those for marathons.

• Reesebun
      Participant

Holy cow, you have to sprint 3-5 whole miles with obstacles? I can only sprint one mile! ha ha… That is a really good goal, I wish I was as fast and could run as long as you.

A really good way to get exercise, and my favourite, is hiking. I don’t really like running because you don’t really get to see anything and you are mainly focusing on running. When you are hiking, you can do it longer and you gradually get tired after a long time and you don’t even notice it because you are paying more attention to your surroundings and looking at everything around you. It’s also fun if you plan a whole day to go hiking in the woods or somewhere and you bring a backpack with a picnic. It is more fun and you don’t notice how tired and sore you are until after you are done, and it is also good exercise with all the uphill and downhill. But it’s probably not good if you have bad joints. Just giving my opinion out to the people who like nature and don’t really like running but want to get the same amount of exercise! 

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Posted By Gina.Jenny on 4/13/2017 3:34 AM

Posted By Q8bunny on 3/24/2017 10:29 PM

Yikes! That’s awful.

My MRI has not come back ‘clean’. I am being referred to a neurologist, and will need another MRI in six months.

Some of you may have noticed I’ve been a bit quiet on BB lately, so here’s an update on why

The migraines that I had an MRI for back in march have gone from frequent to constant, and the blackouts are now almost weekly. I got my six month MRI appointment letter today. When I saw the GP a couple of weeks ago, she told me the radiologist thought I have demyelination of the white matter in the brain, based on march’s MRI. The other two options that are going to be investigated are the possibility that the problem could be either stroke damage, or a brain tumour. Not really keen on any of the three options, demyelination is the most likely, but the GP thinks the other two need to be looked into too, if only to eliminate them.

So far, I’ve kept up my sessions at the gym, and eating healthily. Tonight, feeling a bit fed up with it all, I bough a packet of biscuits on the way home and am pigging out, accompanied by a hot chocolate…

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Oh GJ. Thats crap. So sorry. Fingers crossed for the better of the three evils.
      Let me know if you need anything.

Ellie. I’m afraid my optimism is not remaining buoyant regarding Baloo’s mobility. He really does have a hard time standing up and from time to time he limps very badly (like just now), obv having slept in a strange position. And i’m having a hard time trying to convince myself that it is simply due to muscle wastage. I have another three weeks to fatten him up, get some muscle on him and make a decision and i’ll remain positive until then…

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks VB x

Any chance some kind of doggy wheelchair could help Baloo?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Nah. This morning i went into work all pooped as he had poorly back right leg and i was on a downer.
      I’ve got a work colleague interested in him if he remains mobility limited as she has a poorly husband who needs a dog too get him out and about and who said she’d speak to him…
      I’ve made it clear i will keep him until he’s ready to be rehomed, which, imho, he was not, even to me…
      Yet another change of home is NOT what he needs right now….

This lunch I’ve come back to a happy dog who walked 10mins and then wolfed down his lunch just perfectly.

He’s sending me on a rollercoaster this young man is!!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

(((Baloo)))

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Sorry to hear this, GJ. I assumed you were busy with school stuff.

I am also rooting for you and hoping for the lesser of the three weevils.

• Crashley
      Participant
      372 posts Send Private Message

Its been a long time since I’ve been on here since my sweet pups passing, but Im on the train! I am 5’2 (rather short gal) and I am currently 160 pounds(was 167 in august) August 17th, i made a huge change in my life. I downloaded the c25k app(amazing) and run 30 mins or more everyday. I have been aiming for a mainly plant based diet. Some days its not possible 5 out of 7 days I can do it. Since august 17th I have lost 7 pounds. Here’s my story about 4 years ago I weighed 120 pounds which is rather perfect for my short height. I mentally thought for some reason I was to skinny. So….(time to cringe everyone) I purposly ate everything all the time and gained 40 pounds in about 2 years . I know I know…what was i THINKING!!!! A huge regret and mistake and i still cant believe I did that to myself. I am mentally strong right now, and I have learned to love myself for who I am. Which naturally is my 120 pound self.lol

So, I am on this journey with all of you. It is extremely hard to evolve from eating regular foods to plant based. butt i have never felt better. I bought myself a spiralizer and i make zoodles and cucumber noodles and all sorts of thing. Its actually rather fun now.  Before I could never ever find motivation to work out or run..im assuming cause of the foods I ate that delivered NO nutritional value. But now I get what I I need from my diet and the motivation comes with it!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Crashley– Good for you! I really need to run more! Lol

Over the last year I kinda let myself go. I have gained 10 pounds. With all of the stress and how busy I was, going to the gym (40 minutes away) and being able to constantly prepare healthy healthy foods, dwindled away. I may not be ‘skinny’, but I don’t consider myself fat or unhealthy (the Drs say my BMI is healthy)… Anyways, this is my start to getting myself back in peak performance!
      I don’t really care about the number on the scale though, because of buildings muscle and stuff, but anywho….

Height: 5’5”
      Current weight: 142lbs
      Goal: 125 lbs

• Crashley
      Participant
      372 posts Send Private Message

Thanks Moxie Meadows, Yeah the number on the scale doesnt mean much if your trying to build muscle as well as lose weigth. I do not go to the gym and I cannot run outside as the enviromental elements make it very hard. I bought a treadmill for $50 on craigslist a year ago and it has defintely been the best purchase yet.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Crashley– I really want to get a treadmill! But we currently don’t have a spot for one right now.
      I always find that I can run a longer distance on the treadmill. My mind gets tricked into thinking I am not going anywhere, so I can run 5 miles easily, but the second I get outside, I run a mile and I am done lol

• Q8bunny
      Participant

I’m 5’6″ and up to 130
      I think Chewie’s weight might have crept up a bit too now that he’s not a young whippersnapper anymore. Closing in on 2.25kg… Whoa!
      Sick with the plague, breathing in construction dust and industrial strength insecticide at work in a steamroom-like environment, sadly the last thing on my mind is what I’m eating or whether I’ve been active that day.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Moxie is 4.08 kg (9 lbs) lol

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I think that I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning. I do not expect it to be any lower, since i haven’t really been trying yet. I also think I am going to start going to the gym more frequently.

• joea64
      Participant
      1423 posts Send Private Message

I’m sick (cold/possible early-season flu) but the buns are fit and peppy. They’re looking plump, but then they always look plump, being Polish buns. I’m going in for my quarterly bloodwork (blood sugar/cholesterol) on Friday morning.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Two days to go til my MRI, got more than a few butterflies about that

On the plus side, in spite of being back at study, the weight has continued to slowly drop. Not having snack foods in for the boys helps! I’m now down 25 lb and back at a healthy weight, by BMI, rather than overweight. I’m hoping to keep the weight coming down gradually as I want to end up in the middle of the healthy weight zone, rather than only just inside it, but it is still good to be in it again!

• Q8bunny
      Participant

Fingers (and paws) crossed for you, GJ. I’ll PM you my mobile in case you have WhatsApp and want to chat. *hug*

Participant

Yes, I can imagine that it’s not something you’re looking forward to
      Congratulations on your weight loss though, it’s an amazing feat to be back in the healthy weight zone!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

With new year around the corner, I’m pleased to say I’ve managed to avoid any weight gain over December, even with both boys home, and I kept up my classes at the gym right up until they ended for Christmas, so I’m going into the new year still at the top end of the healthy for my height, but without having undone the year’s efforts. Hoping to drop a bit more weight in 2018, maybe another stone by the end of September would be a manageable target?

Participant

Very well done GJ! Great achievement

• LBJ10

What the hell is this thread? LOL

That’s great GJ! I’m glad to see you are have been successful.

As for me, I went to the doctor on Wednesday (sinus infection) and, of course, they have to weigh you. Let’s just say I cried a bit.

• LBJ10

My husband wants a gym membership. It’s about $100 a month for 2 people. However, that’s only IF you sign a 2 year agreement (which has a HUGE cancellation penalty fee). Otherwise, it costs even more per month. I’m afraid to commit to 2 years. I’m afraid we will go to the gym and there will be too many people there. And there will be kids playing around on everything and you can’t get a serious workout in. Does that happen? It worries me that we wouldn’t enjoy using the gym and we would be stuck paying for it. =\

Participant

Many gyms offer free trials, so maybe you can take a look around at different hours (daytime, evening, weekends) and see how busy it is. I really recommend such a visit to get a feel for the place, see if the atmosphere fits your needs. That can vary a lot from gym to gym.

I picked up bodybuilding when I was at uni, and I went to many gyms around town to see if both the atmosphere and the equipment were to my liking. I like to exercise with free weights instead of machines because machines isolate single muscles. When you train with free weights it also exercises the muscles around your intended muscle group, because you need them for stability. That requires a gym with floor space and specialised trainers. Many gyms here focus on women and offer a lot of classes like zumba, but only have machines in their weight room. That makes it easier for beginners and requires little in the way of coaching, but it didn’t fit my needs then. It took a while before I found the right gym, but it soon felt like a second home. Many dedicated bodybuilders exercised there, and it was great to train with all the meatheads around me. They loved seeing a small and slightly chubby girl hauling iron, and often gave me tips on form and exercise

About kids: gyms are filled with open machines with moving parts and heavy equipment, and both kids and adult guests can become seriously injured if a tot goes “exploring”. For this reason all the gyms I know either have a no-kids policy or a daycare centre. Ask for the gym rules if you have any doubt.

There are other things to consider too: are there extras like a pool, a sauna or nutritionist/physiotherapist services? Will you be using any of those, or will you only be paying for them?

If you find it difficult to choose I’d go for a shorter but more expensive subscription, and try it out for a month or so. Two years is quite a big step if you’re taking up a new sport.

• LBJ10

We went there once with a free pass and it was pretty busy. They don’t really let you try it out for more than one visit so it’s hard to get a good feel for which days are better. They have a pool, sauna, basketball and tennis courts, massage and classes. Some things are free with membership, other things are extra (massage, nutritionist services, etc.).

I wanted to try it for a couple of months, but when I asked them about it they said it would be over $300 just for two months. It was because there is an initiation fee that they normally waive with a 2 year commitment. When I was there, there were kids running around. I don’t think they are allowed to use the equipment for liability reasons. But they are obviously allowed in the pool and basketball/tennis courts. They have family memberships there and parents will go there to play with their kids.

My husband liked this gym because it was more than just exercise equipment. It was $66 a month for a couple at another gym. But they only had exercise equipment and nothing else really. They had a couple of classes, I suppose. I tried their yoga, but it was awful. The instructor was very spacey. She would forget where she was in the routine. LOL

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

I’m fortunate in that we have subsidised leisure centres, there is a children’s gym, but it is thankfully in a different centre to the one nearest me (there are 4, members can use any of the 4), but the classes do fill fast, I have to set an alarm to book in on the dot of 7 am, by 7:01 some classes are already full. I also have to walk there and back, having no car, which helps. Since Oct, I haven’t lost any more weight, but have slimmed down a bit more, so I guess I’ve lost a little more fat and gained the same weight in muscle. At least that is what my 19 yo keeps telling me, I’m sure he is right

Plan for now is to try and eat healthily for the first 3 months of the year, then relax a bit about what I eat Apr-Jun when all 3 of us will be getting ready for and sitting second year of uni exams. Then aim for another 3 months of healthy eating from Jul-Sep, followed by another 3 months more relaxed eating again from beginning of Oct, when all three of us start our third year studies. If I keep on alternating 3 months healthier/relaxed eating it should mean I don’t go into starvation mode and hopefully be sustainable longer term. It also means never trying to be sensible for any of our birthdays

• LBJ10

I really thought there would be a discount for government employees, but none of the gyms offer one.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Im allergic to this thread….

But LBJ, 2 years sounds an awfuuul long contract unless you are willing to spend 2400 on membership, even if you are injured, move areas, on hol or just are fed up of it. And then you will just feel even more crraapp about not going AND losing money !!!!!

Unless of course theres a bunch of you joining together in which case easy to motivate and go play tennis, jacuzzi and such like together,

Up to you of course, but id invest less money in simple home equip and promise to go for more and regular walks. If i kept that promise up to myself THEN i would join, knowing that i was motivated…. (which I’m not… hahahahaha).

• Bam

LBJ, I don’t know about American gyms, but here kids are not allowed to play in the gym because they could hurt themselves. My gym has a play room for kids but its unsupervised and membership doesn’t include insurance for kids.

I’d say the price is about what a gym membership of one of the higher end gyms would cost here. That includes gym and PLENTY of a wide variety of classes.

Good gyms are not managed by venture capital companies (I’m not sure that’s the proper term). I went to a gym that was owned by a venture capital company and they were all about cutting their own costs at the expense of quality for the customer. They cut cut cut back on bloody everything, all the time, except of course the fee until I lost my patience and cancelled my membership.

• LBJ10

Vienna – I KNOW! LOL That is A LOT of money.

Bam – I don’t believe they are allowed on the exercise equipment. But they are allowed in the pool and on the courts. There were tons of kids there when I was there. I don’t believe they have a daycare.

• Bam

I would go berzerk if there were kids running around at my gym. Not that I don’t like kids, I do. But there’s a time and a place and all that.

• LBJ10

Well, it’s more of a family oriented-place. I guess if a gym has a pool, they are considered kid-friendly? I don’t mind kids, but it can get really annoying if you’re wanting to, say, swim laps and there are kids playing in the pool.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Yay 1 lb down this year already, and my youngest hasn’t even gone back to uni yet

Ok so its not much but its a nice start this soon

• LBJ10

That’s great GJ! Keeping things moving forward is never a bad thing.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Great psychological break through on the scales today

I’m 10 stone 13 this morning, first time below 11 stone since I had foot surgery in 2011. The scales had just started to twitch over 13 stone when I joined the leisure centre last year, so that all important 10 on the left hand side is what I’ve been aiming at so hard, putting my total weight loss at 30 lb. After 10 months averaging 10-12 classes a week, that leaves me a fairly toned 5′ 6, with a bmi of 24.6

Participant

Awesome! It’s really great to watch your progress. Very well done

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Thanks

10′ 12 this morning and 28 inches round the waist

As a treat, I went to a place in town that does cooked breakfast inc coffee n juice for £5 on my way to the market to get the bunnies n Latte’s greens, so won’t be down tomorrow but hey an odd treat is a must, right?

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Well done GJ. Yes you deserve it. And if you have it in the morning, it doesnt really count….. youll walk if off by the evening.
      If there are no treats left in the world, it would be a lonely and sad place !!!

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Bumped into someone in town I’ve not seen for a couple of years, for them to exclaim how much weight I’ve lost and how much younger I look.

Loads of ppl at the leisure centre are telling me not to lose any more weight or else risk looking gaunt in the face

No where near my target weight yet. What to do??

Participant

Posted By Gina.Jenny on 1/19/2018 6:45 AM

Bumped into someone in town I’ve not seen for a couple of years, for them to exclaim how much weight I’ve lost and how much younger I look.

Loads of ppl at the leisure centre are telling me not to lose any more weight or else risk looking gaunt in the face

No where near my target weight yet. What to do??

Congrats on the first thing

About the second part: evaluate your feelings about your looks, and those of the people who are closest to you. Do you all think you look healthy, and is your target weight healthy and normal? Nevermind the others then. They’ve probably only seen you when your weight was higher, and may not even know what your face looks like when you’re more fit. 

Also, everyone likes different facial features. Some people may call a face gaunt, while others call those features well-pronounced. Bas likes it that my cheeks are slightly chubby, because it makes my face look softer. An ex of mine thinks I’d look a lot better with the weight I had when I just left high school, but I was very skinny then and I had sharp cheekbones. 

(Oh, and my favourite quote about opinions: “Opinions are just like @$$holes, everybody’s got one…” ) 

• LBJ10

GJ, I think you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

So… They were running a special at that gym. Get the 2 year agreement pricing without the contract. I decided to do that since we can drop out any time without penalty. Still 100 friggin dollars a month though. I signed up and paid on Tuesday. We haven’t even made it in there yet. I’m hoping tomorrow. We’re expecting snow on Sunday.

• Gina.Jenny
      Participant

Good luck with the gym LBJ10

I’m finding it hard to judge for myself, I was underweight for years, then went straight through to overweight when I needed foot surgery, so I’ve never been a stable weight in the normal weight zone, so I still feel ‘big’. My eldest is coming home this weekend so I’ll see what he says. One thing for sure is he will give an honest opinion without being in anyway hurtful (yes really )

• Bam

Good luck with the gym, LBJ! I hope you’ll find stuff you enjoy! My favorite is pulse-spinning nowadays, but it took a long time for me not to hate spinning. I really hated it. So dont let initial hatred for a certain type of work out deter you =)

And congrats to you Gina.Jenny 

• Muchelle
      Participant

So…. Kind of a random thing but I really need to put it out there. With the break-up thing and the start of the new school I’ve regained all I had lost by myself =.= So today I called a doctor I know that is a nutritionist to see what permanent changes I can do to my diet to improve this on/off situation with my weight.

I’m soooo anxious guys. He needs to weight me (obviously lol) and take measurements and all that stuff. Appointment is in 3 days and I’m already panicking, even though I know I won’t receive personal judgements because he’s a very professional dude.

Dismorphophobia is a true b****

Participant

Sorry to hear that you’re going through such a rough time. It’s really difficult to have so many things on your head and to strictly manage your diet at the same time. Even the most motivated dieter is likely to have a temporary set-back when facing massive changes in life. I hope that your doctor can offer you support and help you to find goals which are manageable for you right now. Maybe you can ask to be referred to a counsellor to help you sort out all the things which are changing now. Wishing you all the best!

Two friends of mine were severely overweight and have been on a rigorous diet & exercise schedule for some time now (with great success). Purely coincidentally they both faced a burn-out in the last 2 years and they had to put their weight loss schedules on hold for a time whilst regaining their balance in life. Both of them enrolled in a counselling programme to recover from their burn-outs. These programmes involve being more kind and forgiving to yourself and not laying too many expectations on yourself in difficult times.
      They were encouraged to take good care of their bodies and focus on the fun part of body care: finding a way to exercise which focuses on fun or finding a hobby which is active but isn’t too intensive. The girl already had diving as a hobby and picked up climbing. This has turned into a social event with friends for her, which also charges her mental batteries. The boy already did climbing but found out that this was too intensive on his body and drains his energy because his lack of progress frustrates him. He goes swimming at least twice a week now. Both are still in counselling but doing a lot better. Admittedly, their weight loss has slowed down, but both are feeling more balanced overall.
      She slowly reached a BMI of 25, which is still on the heavy side but a huge improvement for her health and looks. She found a way of portioning food so she doesn’t have to count calories all day and can have a more relaxed attitude towards food. Fun forms of exercise are a regular part of her social activities now. He still has an irregular lifestyle being always on the go, but he’s been making small changes to his eating habits over the year. His main struggle is to find healthy options while eating out. He works near a pool so he often goes swimming after he leaves work. He isn’t losing weight anymore but the new regimen prevents him from gaining weight, and that’s a goal in itself right now.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Just watched a program (uk: Trust Me im a doctor) which proved that stress causes your body to process fat less efficiently.
      Stress = weight gain.

• Muchelle
      Participant

Thanks guys <3 Stress is a real problem in these cases yeah. I went from being active, going out, doing exercise to basically nothing ever since I have school and I've lost for obvious reasons touch with the company of friends I used to go out with.
      Hopefully this doc can make it work and get me back on a good track. Still panicking but I have accepted my fate of being examined and receiving comments about my physical shape

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Yes, the stress thing is very true.
      I hope we can get this thread going a bit again.

I ended up getting really fit and toned and stuff, but since October (the loss of Moxie, Snickers ended up getting extremely sick due to that right after, one of my friends having a hard time etc.) I have really let myself go. I practically stopped going to the gym entirely, and it is starting to show (unfortunately). I am still relatively active with dance and what not, but my eating habits are really suffering too right now. I have just been eating tonnnns of carbs. Pasta, bread, chips, you name it. Comfort foods.

So I want to start completely fresh. So here are my ‘stats’.
      Height: 5’5”
      Weight: 135
      Goals:
      Eat healthier. Keep an eye on my calorie intake. Exercise daily, even if it is just a quick workout. Get down to 120 again.

What are you guys’ experiences with going on a detox/reset? have you found it helpful? I may have to do that for a few days; drink a lot of smoothies and water
      so I will stop craving junk, haha

• Muchelle
      Participant
      Meh, I don’t really do detox. Feeling hunger makes me go berserk  

Slight OT: even if I’m familiar with the imperial system (and I’m def at fault cause I keep using metrics on an US based forum lol) every time I’m like…

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Muchelle— I always forget to post my measurements the other way! I know there are quite a few members who are not from the US.

Height: 5’5” / 165 cm

Weight: 135 lbs / 61 kg

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I think I did the math close enough (I rounded a tiny bit though, lol)

• LBJ10

I just want to cry.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Oh no LBJ, why?

• LBJ10

Why do you think? I’m fat! LOL

Seriously, I looked at myself in the mirror this morning and I felt so disgusting. I have actually gained weight since the start of this thread. I keep telling myself I’m going to change, I’m going to eat better and exercise. And it never happens. I don’t know why. I just can’t ever bring myself to get started. I just paid for the month of April at the gym. Guess how many times we have been since the end of January. Yep, a big ol’ goose egg.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ–I’ve been paying for my gym membership and haven’t gone in nearly 6 months, I feel for you on the motivation part. (Except right now none of my jeans button…that is kinda motivating, but then it makes me lose hope at the same time, if that makes sense)
      One of my issues is stress eating. I promise to be good, and then something stressful/sad happens and I am stuffing myself with French fries and cookies LOL

• LBJ10

Yes, I have been very stressed at work. And yes, all I want to do is eat bad things. It’s a vicious cycle. OMG, I have one pair of jeans that fits me. One pair! How embarrassing to wear the same pair all the time.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I tend to wear a lot of black as well because it is slimming, and people don’t notice as often if I just wear the same thing over and over, LOL (but black is AWFUL at hiding pet hair ?)

• LBJ10

I gave up on wearing black many years ago!

• Muchelle
      Participant

LB, I totally understand. But! Don’t give up!

I’ll share what I do, that worked up until my life went to complete heck. So: *thinking woman picture* I’m 172/ 5″7′ and weight 100kg (220lbs?). I have a decent amount of muscle and am one of the real big boned people, so I don’t have a horrible shape, but still I have to go back to my ideal weight of 85kg (187-ish lbs?).
      My ideal first step is to shed 10kg and then go from there.

I don’t go to the gym because I actually get a strong anxiety there and also I get bored, even if I go with people. My training is all cardio, so there isn’t much talking you can do.

My basic food-related rules are the following, and I’m sticking to them, except that depression = comfort food:

– keep water in my work area, every day I have to finish at LEAST one 1,5lt bottle + water drunk during the day’s meals (topping up to just over 2lt)
      – I don’t do alcoholics or carbonated drinks. I’m lucky enough not to like them, except for the occasional social beer or coke. No juices unless I make orange juice myself to avoid the tons of added sugars;
      – Max 2 coffees a day. Italian coffee is really strong, so probably that’s 4 american coffees?
      – I get the junk cravings at night. I’m an owl and I study/work especially after dinner. Plan B is either rice cakes or herbal infusions/deteinated tea. Occasionally I grab myself some junk, but I only buy it at the start of the week and that has to do until next week, so I get some but don’t binge on it.
      – I don’t season my foods. No salt or sauces. I happen to like spicy pepper, so I use that to spice everything lol + olive oil and a few herbs (basil, parsel, oregano, the basic stuff)

Otherwise my diet is not bad, I probably am just not calibrating well my nutrients, so I hope this nutritionist can fix me a diet to teach me how to properly compose my meals.

As for fitness, basic rules are: no elevators, no car as much as possible. When can’t exercise, do at least 30-40 mins of fast paced walking around the neighborhood with some music.

When I’m not dead tired or just floored because of period (sigh), my fitness schedule includes a 1 hour circuit that I do at home, with some television in the background. I won’t go into details because obviously it is a circuit calibrated to my physical needs and capabilities, but it goes about like this:
      20 mins cyclette – stretching – total body exercises (abs, crunches, leg raises, squats, planks) – stretching – 20 mins cyclette

Before all the crap happened I was on a good track of doing my circuit 2-3 times a week and walking at least 2 other days a week.

I want to say that I do am a lazy couch potato, but I could manage well the exercise at home because I had this silly thing that I could only watch X serie during exercise. Rabbit joined me sometimes, he was very weirded out ahahah

All of this long thing to say: make changes to the habits you know are wrong and keep going through the mental battle. It takes about a month for the brain to recalibrate. Eliminate one bad element at a time and go on from there. We’re human and we all mess up sometimes, but we also have a strong will

I hope I can soon go back to my routine I have a wedding to attend in about 2 months and ex will be there… I wanna look smoking hot and make him regret everything (yes I am secretly a 12 years old)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I wish I could walk places more, but we live about 30 miles (48 km?) from the big town where we do most of our shopping (we do have a gas station and car parts store like a mile away though, but I don’t often find the need to walk there). So I always drive places, lol.
      And the road is pretty big/busy, so it is dangerous to walk along it for exercise. In the summer I like to hike with our dogs though. But it feels like I just lay around all winter, since the snow blocks me in.

• Muchelle
      Participant

Miles are easier cause I just add the half of the miles and make kms (pounds, feet and farenheit still deceive me)

I know I must sound like a subtropical climate normie, but I’d truck in that snow all day long T_T

• LBJ10

I wish I could walk more places too. I can’t walk to work or even ride my bike. It’s simply too far. There is one grocery store that is fairly close. I would like to stop drinking so much soda. Part of my problem is I want the caffeine and I cannot stand the taste of coffee. I refuse to use artificial sweeteners, they make me sick. *sigh* I really just need to find a way to motivate myself. I can’t even manage to do that though. Nope… something awful happens at work and I’m stuffing my face. I feel better for a few minutes, then I feel guilty.

• Muchelle
      Participant

Instead of artificial sweeteners (I can’t have them) you can switch to brown sugar not the powdery kind, the granulated one. If for example you would use one tablespoon of white sugar, you only need half a tablespoon or less of the brown one.

As for walking, if you have a cyclette or something to step on, you can just idle in front of the TV doing some cycling or stepping for a while! I used to have one of those things they use in gyms for stepping lessons (don’t know the name in english, sorry.. we just call it “step”) and just stepped up and down, up and down. Then I upgraded to the cyclette

If you’re not comfortable talking about it, please don’t respond to this question: how is your working situation? Just stressful or are there some **bad** dynamics? Because if you can’t be serene at work it will take a big toll on your mental and physical condition.

A quick way to put a behavioural stop to the binging is the goal-oriented cognitive therapy, which spans over about 5 to 8 meetings with the therapist (so very quick and on the cheap side. On a plus, american/UK therapists ace in this kind of thing, over here it’s fairly new).

It’s one of the methods I’m studying at this new school and I guarantee you it’s awesome. Of course it won’t consider the deeper reasons behind the undesiderable behaviour you want to get rid of, but it’s a good first step to take a breather.

I have the appointment in a few hours and I’m a bit less panicked… For sure after it I will feel like crap… <_<

EDIT: Just back from doc appointment! I don’t actually feel like crap! 
      I weight less than I thought and indeed my diet is okay but not enough variation, so he’ll fix me a menu for one month to kinda teach me how to mix and match things, then after that he’ll just give me lists of things to compose my own menu and… it was finally officially acknowledged that I have a LOT of bone weight!! He did this measuring with a special scale that takes bone, fat, water and muscle percentages, it was cool  

• LBJ10

That’s good to hear about your doctor appointment Muchelle. I don’t know what is covered by my insurance. I mean, I can see a therapist, but I don’t know if a therapist would be able to do what you’re describing. I went to several therapists when I was younger (for other reasons) and they were all very condescending.

Work is… well, I don’t know. So things have been different lately so I guess it is a combination of things. We are being asked to absorb extra work. Work that we don’t necessarily know how to do and we have been learning as we go along. I don’t mind doing it, but there are certain times of the year when it seems like there isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done that I need to get done. And that is just with my regular duties! BUT there are also other factors at play. Like a series of rather disastrous events (you name it, it went wrong). And then there is one coworker I’ve been having trouble with. No direct confrontations or outright hostility though.

• LongEaredLions
      Participant

Aughhh. I’ll check back in later–too much pizza today and yesterday. :/

• LBJ10

Pizza?! WHERE?!

• Muchelle
      Participant

Sorry was having the server problems again ^_^””
      Today I received by mail my new diet and… damn, it’s a LOT to eat. I’m gonna die D:

@LB I admit complete ignorance regarding insurance and work abroad… so I’ll say what I’d normally say (noisy italian person, yep)
      As for the goal oriented therapy, any standard cognitive behavioural therapist should be able to do it. Here it costs about 30€ per sitting if done with a private professional. Through government therapists it adds up to 50€ for an 8 encounters set. I’m actually a bit curious to know how much private therapists cost abroad… maybe I find the inspiration to leave Europe

About the job, my mom was in the same situation a few years ago. She’d come home completely zero-ed by the amount of stuff they had to do to cover up for another office + she had mobbing problems. It got to a really bad point until she realized that she didn’t want to live to work but rather she wanted to work to live. So she kept working her ass off as the stakanovist she is, but when 6pm strikes, she’s outta there, even if something is not finished. Bosses had to deal with it, since they couldn’t legally oblige the workers to do overtime all the time or to do the worth of double the needed people on time.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Today wasn’t the best food-wise, but it wasn’t the worst at least. I really need to find more motivation to exercise at home (with no equipment).

Pizza is one of my weakness foods.

• LBJ10

Muchelle – It depends on the type of professional, but an hour session with a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist (without insurance) can cost roughly $100-$200. At least where I live, anyway. My insurance covers “mental health” visits, so I would pay a $25 copay for each visit. I’m not sure how that compares with what you are paying.

Moxie – I love pizza a little too much, I think.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I don’t think we have any actual therapists/psychiatrists around where I live. I think we have one “counselor” at our local hospital. But it’s not like…not GOOD care.

• Muchelle
      Participant

It compares in a way that it’s making me want to pack up and come offer my services in the US

@moxie: omg that’s so bad People need to realize fast the importance of mental hygiene not only on “sick” people but especially on “normal” people

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Muchelle— I totally agree. If we had someone who actually worked in the mental health field, I would totally be trying it out, lol

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Coffee is definitely one of my struggles as well. I know it probably has a lot to do with the caffeine in it. Black coffee itself is fine(very low in calories), but I hate the flavor of it and once I am done with making my coffee ( filled it with sugar and creamer) they are definitely not low calorie drinks. lol

• Muchelle
      Participant

You can top it with brown sugar (half the amount of white sugar you’d use) + skimmed milk or normal milk! Better than cream anyways

I thought I was going to be fine, but I’m actually starving. This thing of snacking every few hours keep me DAMN hungry even if I’m eating waaay more than I would normally do. This…. is going to be hard.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I’ll have to try that. I feel like the brown sugar would give my coffee an interesting flavor?

Muchelle- You can do it!! =)

• Muchelle
      Participant

I only use brown sugar, it’s good! Just… buy the granulated one. The finely ground one is… bleh

I’m drinking herbal tea to make believe my stomach that I’m eating, sighh T_T

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I really enjoy herbal teas. And iced tea with milk.

I’m really craving pie at the moment (any pie. All pie), so I may have to try and concoct something healthy with a can of pureed pumpkin I have in the cupboards in the morning. It’s 12:48 AM, so I am just going to go to bed right now lol.

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

Today wasn’t really a good day eating-wise. I was on the go, and all the quick foods were super fattening.

• LBJ10

You should have had pie yesterday… being it was pi day.

• Vienna Blue in France
      Participant

Fizzy mineral water is a good replacement for soda.
      It gives you that fizzy feeling in your mouth. Adding a bit of cordial to it makes a great SODA SUBSTITUTION.

There are sooooo many sugars in soda that ANYTHING is a good replacement, but sparkling water gives a similar feeling…. (and you can still have a good burp afterwards!!!!!)

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

LBJ- my mind is BLOWN

Participant

For all the pizza lovers: I’ll post my healthy pizza recipe soon. It’s based on the Turkish style of pizza with a spicy tomato sauce and vegetables on top. The spicy tomato sauce is made with lean ground beef so it still has a creamy texture, and tomato, garlic and onion to get your umami fix instead of getting it from cheese.

• LBJ10

Moxie – I think the universe was trying to tell you something. LOL

• Muchelle
      Participant

So… talking about pizza… on Saturday I can have pizza, but nazi doc specifically wrote “marinara” (pizza with just tomato sauce, sprinkled oregano and garlic if wanted). Don’t get me wrong, I love me some good marinara buuuut…. after a week of death I want SUSHI

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I was going to go jogging today but guess who decides to be clumsy and cut her foot wide open? THIS GIRL

• Muchelle
      Participant

omg what happened? D: you ok?

• LBJ10

Sushi? Where?!

Aww, Moxie, I hope you’re foot is ok.

• Muchelle
      Participant

It’s been a hell of a weekend but I resisted pretty good. Both saturday and today had 8+ hours of school, yey =_= Tomorrow another complicate day, buuuut tuesday it’s sushi day!
      Also one of my colleagues from school told me he has a bunny, so I told him to join us. Maybe there will be two noisy italian neuropsychologists on the forum?

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant

I had been going outside to check the chickens, and Zero ended up tripping me. I was carrying stuff that I couldn’t drop, and I fell at such speed that my boot flew off and I landed on the (blunt) corner of a log. I hit it with such force that it ended up cutting me and bruising me pretty bad. I’ll be okay, I just need it 100% fixed for my dance recital next month

Muchelle- Hopefully he takes you up on the invite haha!

• MoxieMeadows
      Participant
      5365 posts