Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE BB Health/Fitness – Weekly Check-In Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 596 total)
  • Author
    LBJ10

Ellie – It’s OK. For the record, I’m not severely overweight. I could stand to lose 25lbs or more though. It’s just that I feel like I can’t hide it anymore, you know? And I don’t want to continue to go down this road because I can see where it leads. I don’t want to end up like that. They have “clinics” here for such things, but they are very expensive. I won a “free” weight loss program last year at a wellness fair. Turns out, it wasn’t free. The initial fee would be waived, which was about $250. But they wanted me to pay hundreds of dollars more each month for all the stuff you supposedly needed for the program. This included their supplements, which alone cost $150 per week. On top of that, they were extremely scatter brained there, missing two appointments with me. They lied to me… or at the very least, they gave me incorrect information. They just did not treat me well there. It was awful. So I said forget it and never even got started with the program. It wasn’t worth the hassle. Plus you couldn’t eat real food at all. I don’t think my husband would have appreciated it.

What I need is someone that will hold me accountable. Help me resist the urge to do bad things. Help me commit to going to the gym. I don’t think a psychologist would be willing to do that.

Muchelle
    Participant

A psychologist’s job is exactly to do that LB! I can tell, I am one
    Harrass me by pm whenever you want <3 Time zones may be different but I'm always there to help a fellow struggler.
    I have HUGE server problems but I can read PMs from my mobile for some reason

pinknfwuffy
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’ve never posted in this thread before but I was inspired by some of your stories. I wanted to thank you all for being able to share this kind of thing with our community. I know it isn’t easy and having others who understand is a great help.

I’m in the early stages of adopting a healthier lifestyle, including a more balanced diet and adding a little bit of jogging to my walks, and think being held accountable is the best way to get out of the rut.

I also want to say that I think it is important to put emphasis on how you feel rather than the number or how you look. Our mirrors can be our worst enemy, even when we are doing well. I find it much more motivating to focus on how I feel strength-wise. If I am able to add a little bit more to my walks without feeling like a wilted flower or adding a few extra strides to my few yards of jogging without getting winded.

Progress can be small but mighty. If you are limited by disability or pain, those every day accomplishments like the ones Ellie mentioned can be such a powerful source of inspiration. Worry less about the scale or pant size and focus on how you did one more sit up today than yesterday. Don’t think too much about your weight as going down. Instead, think about your strength and might going UP. If you have a bad week, press pause in your mind instead of feeling like it was a backwards step. In the wise words of Dory, “Just keep swimming.”

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 5/18/2018 3:12 PM

Many people with chronic pain tend to over-exert themselves on the good days, and this can trigger bad days. “Yay! Woke up not feeling like a zombie hit by a truck! Right, so there’s the vacuuming to do, and the shopping, and the laundry basket has a small mountain on top of it and….” When those good days are all taken up by chores and work there’s hardly any energy left for things that make you happy. Hobbies, pampering time, seeing friends, all that is so important for keeping up your spirits and for gaining new energy. Keeping a diary and delegating some tasks to others can help you to find balance. Don’t be ashamed to get help for some household chores if that leaves you with more energy to do fun things. I don’t know if your budget allows it, but many people with an illness get a cleaning service to help out once in a while. Taking good care of yourself and your happiness is more important than a clean floor

Stuff I said ^

Stuff some mystery stranger said V

Lol, Ellie, you’ve just described me to a T. Not the chronic pain aspect but the endless physical exhaustion from my work. If I have a good moment or feel inspired I try to get everything done, because it has to be done and why wouldn’t I be the only one that cares about the housework. So I just do it. Then I’m exhausted and don’t get the downtime I need. We can’t afford help with household stuff, but we shouldn’t need it. Rant over 

Also congrats on the new mobility scooter, that’s awesome

LBJ, are there any close friends who would hold you accountable to your goals? Could we do that? How can we help? 

Huh, this is super weird. My post has been altered? Maybe it’s one of those crazy forum hiccups we’ve been getting so much lately? That the messages were fused together? Or someone with mod abilities who accidentally edited my post instead of quoting it? 

LBJ10

It was probably a glitch.

To answer your earlier question Ellie, I don’t really have any close friends anymore. There are people I know, of course. But not anyone who I feel I could count on for something like this.

My husband and I did go to the gym on Saturday. We haven’t made it back yet though…

Yikes, scale-scare this morning! I’m 1,5 kg heavier than I was 4 months ago O_O

I fretted until I talked with Bas about it. Bas insists that I have slimmed down in some areas and that I look better than before. He asserted me that muscle mass is a lot heavier than fat, and that I’m looking better. It’s true that I have visibly gained muscle mass in my back, left leg and arms, but I never suspected that I could gain that amount on this schedule… In the past I had results like these when I started bodybuilding at uni, but that was a really intensive schedule combined with a special diet regimen.

It depends on your body type and the state of your body I guess. I have the short&stout body type of my paternal grandmother: gain fat easily, but gain lots of muscle even quicker. It’s rather funny, I’m starting to get to a point where I can have a flex-off with Bas He’s so slender that he could change clothes behind a signpost and still retain modesty. Hopefully this new muscle mass will help me to manage my weight and body proportions better. I’ll talk about it with the physio tomorrow and hear what she has to say.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I got on the scale and was so disappointed with myself! I was 136 lbs- which is around 6 pounds heavier than I was 6 months ago. I am aware 136 lbs isn’t *awful*, but considering I am a dancer (Ballet/Tap/Lyrical/Jazz), I get super self conscious compared to all the 110 pound sticks when I am on stage in costumes.

I just need to shed the extra softness and tone back up. I also had a hamstring injury recently, and lost some of my flexibility. So I need to regain that in the next couple of months. It’s just hard finding the time for all of this!

I bought a bunch of cans of Progresso soup though. They are relatively low in calories, but I don’t really like soup. Oh well, lol

Azerane

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 5/21/2018 12:31 PM

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 5/18/2018 3:12 PM

Many people with chronic pain tend to over-exert themselves on the good days, and this can trigger bad days. “Yay! Woke up not feeling like a zombie hit by a truck! Right, so there’s the vacuuming to do, and the shopping, and the laundry basket has a small mountain on top of it and….” When those good days are all taken up by chores and work there’s hardly any energy left for things that make you happy. Hobbies, pampering time, seeing friends, all that is so important for keeping up your spirits and for gaining new energy. Keeping a diary and delegating some tasks to others can help you to find balance. Don’t be ashamed to get help for some household chores if that leaves you with more energy to do fun things. I don’t know if your budget allows it, but many people with an illness get a cleaning service to help out once in a while. Taking good care of yourself and your happiness is more important than a clean floor

Stuff I said ^

Stuff some mystery stranger said V

Lol, Ellie, you’ve just described me to a T. Not the chronic pain aspect but the endless physical exhaustion from my work. If I have a good moment or feel inspired I try to get everything done, because it has to be done and why wouldn’t I be the only one that cares about the housework. So I just do it. Then I’m exhausted and don’t get the downtime I need. We can’t afford help with household stuff, but we shouldn’t need it. Rant over 

Also congrats on the new mobility scooter, that’s awesome

LBJ, are there any close friends who would hold you accountable to your goals? Could we do that? How can we help? 

Huh, this is super weird. My post has been altered? Maybe it’s one of those crazy forum hiccups we’ve been getting so much lately? That the messages were fused together? Or someone with mod abilities who accidentally edited my post instead of quoting it? 

Lol, oh my gosh. Ellie that was me! I’m so sorry. The crazy thing is that I was so certain that I had replied in the thread and then after I submitted my response just disappeared, and I was frustrated so I didn’t bother posting again at that point in time. But now I know where it went, lol. I’m very sorry. You are right, I did mean to hit the quote button instead of the edit button.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

I might have to take up jogging. Maybe like half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening? I just can’t make it to the gym on a regular basis. It’s just too far away, and I am so busy and I don’t have a car of my own as of yet.

LBJ10

I’ve been going to the gym here and there. No set schedule though. I get pretty discouraged by the “calorie counter” on the equipment. They claim I have burned very little calories. Like I did 2 miles on the recumbent bike and it said I only burned like 50 calories…

LBJ10

I’ve been going to the gym here and there. No set schedule though. I get pretty discouraged by the “calorie counter” on the equipment. They claim I have burned very little calories. Like I did 2 miles on the recumbent bike and it said I only burned like 50 calories…

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Does the machine let you put your weight into it? That helps you get a more accurate read on how many you are actually burning

LBJ10

Some of them do, but they are all different. It’s hard to figure out how to program a lot of them. LOL

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Remember though that you keep on burning calories for a couple of hours after you stop and if you build muscle, your basal metabolic rate increases. I only do and have done relatively low intensity workouts over the past 15 months, yet I lost the weight and toned up. I think most of the weight loss is due to toning up and increasing the basal metabotic rate rather than how many calories I burned during class.

Gina.Jenny
    Participant

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 6/04/2018 8:17 AM

Very good LBJ! I agree with GJ and always say: “You’ll have to work for cardio, while weightlifting works for you all day.”.

Most ladies will only hit the cardio equipment in the gym because they’re afraid to get bulky. Women don’t get bulky however, unless they really get into bodybuilding 6 times a week and start using anabolics. A challenging weightlifting program will build you some muscle which tones your body nicely. More muscle also means a higher metabolic rate all day. So even on the off-days you’ll burn more energy to keep your muscles in condition. This is why weightlifting is so effective to get into shape and stay in shape. Cardio after a weightlifting session can help to burn some extra fat, but it isn’t very time-efficient to do only cardio.

It doesnt even need to be that challenging! I only lift 4kg during 2 Body pump and one Grit Strength classes per week, along side doing Body Balance and Pilates throughout the week for a different type of muscle toning.

Daisy
    Participant

Just peeking in. I don’t face the same issues as some of you, as I’ve always been a little on the light side. The past year I focused on gaining a more healthy weight. I went from 54 kilograms and 1.81m back when I was working 70 hours a week and cycling up to 1.5 hours a day to a more healthy 60kg as of now. Even though I’m still underweight according to my BMI, I don’t want to gain any more fat. Rather, I wish to build some muscle.

I’ve always done skeelering and horseback riding (and cycling, but that’s not worth mentioning when you’re Dutch ), but I want to pick up skeelering more seriously. It’s mostly a weekend hobby at moment. My ultimate goal would be to do it an hour every day next to the 1 hour walking and half hour cycling I already do every day. We’ll see if I ever come close to that, honestly I’ll be proud if I make it every other day for the next months at least, hah! Work still likes eating up my evenings and weekend sometimes and I refuse skeelering in the rain so I can’t be too hard on myself.

Anyhow, I’ve read through this topic and it inspired me greatly! Let’s all become fit (in our own way, as much as possible concerning circumstances) together. C:

Muchelle
    Participant

Hi Daisy! Gaining is as bad as losing… A friend of mine took ages to go back to a healthy weight after she lost a lot because of a medical cure.
    So yeah, welcome to the madness Let’s all get crazy together~

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Ellie- Cycling is definitely exercise here haha. I live in the North Eastern region of the United States, so a lot of mountains/hills etc. Not very bike friendly unless you are super fit. Also, more distance to travel. I live about 30 miles from town. I guess that’s how I could shed excess weight. Start bicycling when I need to go to town to buy hay for the rabbits!

I have done something to my left ankle since dance season finished (thank goodness it happened after!). It constantly feels like I have rolled it, if I sprint into the other room or something. It hurts and gives out on me, but there is no swelling or anything. I am also not extremely overweight, (I am 5’5” [165.1 cm] and hanging around 132 lbs [60 kg]) and a decent amount of that is from muscle from dancing/exercise. So I don’t know why it is being like it is. I might need to get it checked out.

I just can’t afford to have an ankle injury, My dance studio is doing an intensive ballet training camp next month, so I need to be able to perform the moves. But I really don’t want to be off of it, because I need to continue to stretch and practice up until then, but I don’t want to do more harm to it. ahhhhhgggg
    I think I am going to buy some vet wrap (it’s what you wrap around horses ankles. it works really well for sprained human limbs, and is wayyyy cheaper here than athletic wraps, and it comes in tons of fun colors! ) and wrap it up, and just be careful. If it doesn’t heal within a week or so, I will have to go to the doctors. *sigh*

Yikes, that sounds bad Moxie! Is your ankle unstable when you put weight on it? Maybe you’ve irritated or overstretched one of the ligaments.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Ellie- It’s like the top/front, and outer side of my ankle. It doesn’t bother me if I am just sitting around, but I can definitely feel it when I walk around and it will randomly just give out (to the point where I lose my balance because it just doesn’t support it. Not because I can’t stand the pain, it just stops working. It is hard to explain), and it is extremely painful to point or turn out my foot, or get up on relevé (tip toes).
    I am thinking I might have overworked a tendon, or sprained it mildly (I am very clumsy), and injured it more. But I usually bounce back from injuries pretty quickly =)

Daisy
    Participant

@BunNoob, yeah there are a lot of places on this earth where it’s almost a death sentence if one would try cycling, hah!

@Muchelle, thanks!

@Ellie, Ah soup. I never really thought of eating that to gain weight! When I get too far below the 60 kg I go nuts on nuts (pun intended) like cashews and I try to snack extra on fruit and make sure to have a dessert after dinner.

@MoxieMeadows, I’ve had that with my back a few times. It’s so weird! It suddenly decides it doesn’t want to carry you anymore doesn’t it? And after that there is a shooting nerve pain whenever you lean/move it the wrong way? Usually it goes away within a week or so. Have you had it for long?

Well so far my attempt to improve my skeeler habits. I had a great week keeping true and skeelering almost every day but today my shoulders/neck are ruined. I feel like a mannequin unable to properly move. :’D Not sure what I did wrong, aside from skeelering I went swimming with the horses yesterday. The only thing I can think of is that I got it while my horse was hopping and bucking through the water like an idiot, forgetting he had a rider on his back but normally that doesn’t bother me. Maybe the wind hit my muscles because I had to ride an hour back to home all wet. The stiffness/pain started on the way back so I couldn’t duck for lowhanging branches anymore and ended up faceplanting a crap ton of them while going 1000 miles an hour, ha. :’D

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Daisy- It has been since the end of April, so like a month and a half.

BunNoob- Me + Bikes + Hills = No Last summer I went on a hike on one of our mountains near my house, and I wasn’t familiar with the trails’ actual names. They were all called things like “Brook trail” “Moose trail” that sort of thing. So I wasn’t entirely sure which one was the one that I wanted to go on. I ended up accidentally going on the trail that was nicknamed “Fat man’s misery” by us locals, which involved a lot of shimmying up rock faces and through a slippery waterfall tunnel thing that had metal rods drilled into the rock so you can have something to grip on. It was terrifying, and too steep to turn around! I literally thought I was going to die haha. *BUT* I felt so accomplished afterwards! I may have to go again this summer, with a friend and proper supplies.

Hazel
    Participant

Moxie, that does sound scary!

I hope it’s okay to revive this thread…  The hubby and I are starting Atkins today. My starting weight is 182 lbs, BMI is between 29 and 30 (just going by weight and height). I’m trying to get down to 135 lbs. 

Tony's Mum
    Participant

Making another push to revive this thread, as per the September thread suggestions!

I have put on about fifteen pounds in the last six months or so because I got a new job where I’m not on my feet, but I still love pizza. I’d like to lose this, and maybe an extra five too.

JPetrucci84
    Participant

So I haven’t reported in for quite a while now. I got down to 201.8 recently, so I’m getting closer to where I’d like to be. I’ve also been trying to hit the gym again to build strength and not look like a beached walrus while out at the ocean, or maybe the Abominable Snowman since it’s getting closer to Winter. It hasn’t been easy since funds are extremely limited right now with retail being what it is.

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 596 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.