Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New House with Outdoor Bunny Space Reply To: New House with Outdoor Bunny Space

LBJ10
16898 posts Send Private Message

RHDV is throughout the western half of the US. Both domestic and wild cases have been reported in almost every state west of the Rocky Mountains. So yes, you most definitely should ask your vet about the vaccine. The disease can spread between wild and domestic rabbits. It can also be spread by insects.

If they can come and go as they please, then I would still make sure they are kept inside at night. Yes, they should understand that they can go inside if they are cold or whatever. But there are definitely more things lurking at night, so best to not have any bunny outside to entice them.

Good point Dana – Heavier metal cloth should be used instead of traditional chicken wire. I guess when I think of chicken wire, I think of the heavier stuff. But I know what you’re talking about. The flimsier stuff is definitely not predator-proof.