Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A I’m so unsure… Reply To: I’m so unsure…

Salem Fluffle
Participant
47 posts Send Private Message

I am not normally an anxious human but I was extremely nervous sending in my little girl to get spayed. She was just shy of one year and she weighed around 3.5-4 lbs. I remember being so scared that I started to sob as soon as I walked out of the office after dropping her off. The only issue I had was her not wanting to eat afterward, so I stayed up all night and hand fed her freeze dried strawberries which was the only thing she’d nibble on until I could purchase some critical care in the morning. I now have two girls who have been spayed (my littlest was just spayed on 10/8/21) and no complications with her.

As far as a vet, call around and see who is responsive. I have found the offices who are willing to take the time to talk to me about my (really the bunnies) needs and concerns are the vets I want to work with. I was extremely grateful when I was shopping around for a vet to do the spay that the animal hospital I chose let me come in free of charge to meet their small animal vet. She met my two bunnies (brother/sister pair) and gave me a tour of the hospital. She never made me feel rushed as I went down the line of questions I had written in my notebook and I saw how much she cared for my furkids. The right vet is going to make you feel comfortable, even if you still have that worry that I expect most parents do.

I personally recommend the spay to ensure you have the longest healthiest life possible, but as everybody else has said, it’s ultimately your decision.