Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Help! How do I stop the peeing! Reply To: Help! How do I stop the peeing!

DanaNM
8935 posts Send Private Message

I agree 100% with Wick that things are not likely to improve until she’s bonded, but there are some things you can do in the meantime.

Also how long have you had her? It can help to confine new bunnies to an x-pen for the first week or so to help them get “organized” with their box habits (which also involves seeing where she chooses for her litter box corner).

I would go to the hardware store and get a big sheet of thick plastic (they sell it for painting and other various purposes). I would also pick up some low-pile indoor/outdoor carpet from the hardware store. Lay down the plastic sheet on the floor, then the outdoor carpet on top of that in the bunny room. I did this when I temporarily lived at my in-laws house with my bunnies and it protected their floors perfectly. I would remove your plush rugs for now, and maybe they can be added back in later once they are bonded.

From a practical standpoint, buying a carpet spot cleaner was the best investment I made when living with bunnies in a carpeted place. I really like the nature’s miracle carpet shampoo as well, it works amazing for rabbit urine staining (and they don’t remark the area because it’s an enzyme cleaner), just let the area dry before giving them access again.

Beds are a common issue with bunnies. Some people end up just blocking access to the bed completely. Other’s have had some success putting a plastic shower curtain under a thin blanket on top of the bed spread. This blocks the smell of the bed (that can trigger marking), and also makes clean-up much easier if she does decide to pee.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.