Don't have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES
The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.
LEADERS: Bam BinkyBunny JerseyGirl LBJ10 LittlePuffyTail LongEaredLions RabbitPam
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I just got a 9-week old Holland Lop, and I was thinking about getting her a companion. I've heard it's easier to bond rabbits when they are young. But I also know that it is better to spay/neuter them first and wait a couple of weeks before introducing them. So, I was wondering if it would be better to get her a companion now, and get them both altered later, or, if I should wait, get her spayed, and then find an altered companion for her? I'm thinking I should wait, but I thought I'd get some other opinions. Thanks in advance for any help.
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm definitely gonna hold off for a while, and she seems to be pretty happy by herself at the moment. She's not my first rabbit, but it's been a while since I've had them. I used to have a pair of mini lop bucks as a kid but I bought them together so I didn't have to worry about bonding, or baby buns!
I'm really glad I found this forum and I look forward to talking more.