You're kind hearted to help out!
did you have specific questions - about housing, bonding, or routines?
Well it's good that the three you're taking in are already bonded. I only have three - but do know some other people that have larger groups of bunnies. Are you planning to keep the three bunnies? And if so - are you hoping to bond all 5 ideally?
Here's an article about bonding groups of bunnies: http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm
I help out at a foster site that sometimes has up to 12 bunnies. We have it down to a science and surprisingly it doesn't take that much more work to change the houses and feed more bunnies.
Here's the routine there...
- Take all the toys, bowls and litterboxes out of the house.
- Dump the litterboxes and wash if needed - or else just change them.
- Sweep out the area (about once a week we mop the floor with vinegar and hot water)
- Wash the bowls
- Put back in the litterboxes, toys & hidey boxes
- Fill water bowls & put back in the bowls
- Refresh hay in basket & litterboxes