Red rectangle is Bud's cage Measurements in inches:
The grey vents stick out about 4 inches from the wall
The length from the wall to the window (parallel to window) is 64 feet
87 feet refers to length of wall to other wall with the window, including the vents
Hopefully, this is easy to understand but if you do have trouble feel free to ask for clarification.
I have several questions about how to do this. My original idea was to do like fencing (like you would on a deck) and just have the bars so many inches apart (wasn't sure of the distance) Then I thought maybe that would be too much wood, so I thought about using chicken wire or some kind of wire wrapped around the exterior.
1. Bud is about 5 (I thought he was 6 ) Is he too old for a second level?
2. I want to build a second level on top of his cage...Any ideas how?
3.One level enclosure has to be about 24 inches tall, right? (or should it be taller?) If I do build a second level...How tall should it be?
4. Should i build a ramp up to the second level or something else? (And how?)
5. Need ideas for floor covering because I got a digger! (and renting apt with carpet) I would pull the carpet up but it's all one piece and stabled down in some places...And still would need to protect the floor from leaks..
6. I want to add a little bit of padding under the carpet (since I can lift up the one corner) Ideas?
7.I kinda wanna build a castle drawbridge as a door...but put a hook thing so i can lock it..and possibly put a lock and key on top of that...thoughts?
8. The heating vents are not yet on...but how far should the walls of the enclosure be away from the vents?
9. How would I attach the back of the enclosure to the wall so he can't move it and get out?? Or should I just build a back to it (Instead of having three built walls, build all 4) I know it would be more stable with all 4 walls and would actually protect the wall itself from any destruction... and then I could potentially take it outside and with a few adjustments....
10. Number 9 isn't much of a question but me thinking to myself...I guess I want to build it so it could easily be taken down and put it back together outside...Ideas?
I know that some of this has probably been covered in other topics so feel free to just link me to others for ideas. I'm sure I will come up with more questions...
I'm really excited to get started on this...but I know it's gonna be a little bit at a time because of limited supplies and money to dedicate to this...so cheaper the better.