How soon is too soon to find a friend for Bosse after he lost his brother? After looking around a bit (just browsing, I wasn't planning on really looking for a new bun until atleast after christmas..) i saw this rabbit that I just felt soo drawn to. It is like I've fallen in love just through the photos. And after talking to the lady who owns him, he sounds like such a little sweetheart. His name is Knerten (a character in a norwegian childrens movie, really adorable) and is 2 y/o. He is an indoor rabbit, and he has great litter habits, likes to be pet and cuddled, will "accept" being picked up to be groomed and to cut his nails, if he gets pets. And she says he is very friendly, active and outgoing. He is not neautered though, ao we would have to neuter him before trying to bond them (and he would stay in our bedroom until it would be ready for them to bond).
Here are pictures:
My concerns about this:
1. that it will be selfish of me to get this rabbit, even though I think Bosse would apreciate the company during the hours I'm at school, and at night. Plus, he could use the acticity of having a bun to play with.
2. that they won't get along, seing that it is a 5 hour drive to where the "new" rabbit is, and I don't know if I would be able to have him on a "trial" period. I will have to ask her about this.
3. that Bosse won't have had enough time to properly recover from the loss of his brother (one month ago on the 3. of oct), even though he seems to be very happy. He has just really come out of his shell since his neuter.
(On another note though, I think I might have been over-estimating his bond with Mathias before they goy nutered, and Mathias died. I was noticing that I would have to separate them more and more often due to them fighting because of the hormones.. So they might not even have been as close as i imagined.. But I don't really know)
How I could go about this:
I have some family that lives close to where the owner lives, and I could bring Bosse there for a long weekend, and see if we could arrange a meeting or two, to see if they got along. If it seemed possible for them to bond, I could take him with us back home, if not I wouldn't get him. Also, it would be a few weeks before we'd get him, if we decide to do so.
He is just so pretty. Do you guys know what breed he might be? I'm still waiting for a reply on my last email asking her this.
Well this turned out to be quite a mess of a post, but I'm just torn.
What are your thoughts about this?